PDA

View Full Version : Who would step up?

HBPunk
05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Not saying it will happen anytime soon but IF the WWE started going back to attitude era stuff or the rating changed, who would lead the new era?

IMO John Cena could easily rap again and he would be a great fit, as would R-Truth, The Miz, Big Show, Jericho (when he returns) and Christian. I realise all of the above apart from Miz were in WWF/E between 1997-2005 so they know the deal but who else could step up and become an icon in that kind of environment?

MoFo
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
CM Punk, obvs.

DLVH84
05-10-2011, 11:58 PM
For faces, I would say Randy Orton and Christian Cage.

For heels, I would say Miz and CM Punk.

For divas, I say Nattie Neidhart and Beth Phoenix.

djoutcry
05-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Why would you want Truth, Miz, Big Show, Y2J, Christian and John Cena to start rapping?

owenbrown
05-11-2011, 06:40 AM
I swear to God I feel like I lose IQ points every time I come into the wrestling forum

Nicky Fives
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
There's no way Cena would get over in a shift as everyone would boo his ass for the years of his kiddie garbage....

CM Punk & The Miz is the obvious answer and for some strange reason, I'm thinking Drew McIntyre could really benefit

HBPunk
05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Drew could definately benefit, love to see him adopt a kind of demented used car salesman type gimmick. cutting promos in a bin and things like that. maybe call his finisher the 'overjoint'

Mr. Nerfect
05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
John Cena would be the top heel of that era, no doubt. Randy Orton would also become the biggest babyface by default, plus his bad-ass attitude would be well received by older audiences.

I also feel that The Miz would not only keep his spot, but thrive more. I think he and Orton would be the Rock/Austin equivalents. The Miz's "I'd rather you hate me for who I am than love me for something I'm not" self-assuredness could very easily tick over into top babyface mode. I also feel that John Morrison would benefit. A lot of the little kiddies get that Morrison does cool stuff, but in a more risque WWE -- a guy who gets all the pussy, has an over the top rock star shtick and can do cool stuff? Yeah, that guy is fucking over. He'd be the Chris Jericho of the era, I guess.

Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara would easily fit the "workhorses that smarks want to see become the top guy but feel are brushed over all the time" mold. Even though Sin Cara is apparently doing well with merchandise and is Triple H's pet project. If there were a WCW equivalent (like a real financial one), I imagine they'd be two of the first guys mentioned in "Who do you want to jump ship?" threads.

As for CM Punk, he is amazing all the time wherever he is. I imagine he'd be a top heel along with Cena.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 09:19 PM
There's no way Cena would get over in a shift as everyone would boo his ass for the years of his kiddie garbage....

He could be a heel, then.

DAMN iNATOR
05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Along with everyone who's already been mentioned, Sheamus and Barrett.

Volare
05-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm thinking Truth will be the one to break the "language barrier" first honestly. I keep waiting for him to go nuts on the mic and censorship wouldn't catch up.

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Wade Barrett could be an epic bad-ass in a new Attitude-like era, to be honest. I think he could do it now, but a PG era means black and white characters, more or less, and Barrett's bad-assery would be replaced with "I love these people, I did so much wrong to them and now we respect each other" Wade. I'd like an evolved model of the current Wade Barrett, perhaps a lone wolf out to prove he really does belong at the top of the WWE, to be his first shot at being a babyface.

HBPunk
05-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Zack Ryder would definately be WWE Champion then too