PDA

View Full Version : sd spoilers 5/13

Juan
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM
*Christian comes out and congratulates Randy Orton on winning the World title last week. He says he is looking forward to his rematch at Over the Limit. Sheamus, then Mark Henry come out and challenge Christian for his title shot. They work over Christian. Orton makes the save, setting up a tag match for later this evening.

*Sin Cara defeated Daniel Bryan. Chavo Guerrero, on commentary, distracted Bryan, setting up the win. When Cara sees what Chavo did on the Titantron, he shoves Guerrero down.

*Cody Rhodes pinned Ted DiBiase.

*Layla cut a promo saying she hurt her knee against Michelle McCool at Extreme Rules but that it was worth it, since she is gone from WWE. Michael Cole comes out and begins berating her. Kharma comes to the ring and lays out Layla, then goes after Cole, who hides in the Cole Mine.

*WWE Tag Team champion Kane defeated WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett by DQ when the Corre interfered. Ezekiel Jackson hit the ring but the Corre laid him out.

*The Great Khali does the Khali Kiss Cam and kisses a fan. Jinder Mahal comes out and smacks Khali for not taking his career seriously.

*Backstage, Wade Barrett challenges Ezekiel Jackson to an Intercontinental championship bout at Over the Limit.

*World champ Randy Orton & Christian defeated Sheamus & Mark Henry when Christian nailed the Killswitch on Sheamus as Orton hit Henry with the RKO.

Dark Match:

Ezekiel Jackson & Christian & World champ Randy Orton defeated The Corre. Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel abandoned Heath Slater as he was getting pinned.

Ermaximus
05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Dibiase loses his first match on SD, and he's a face. :/

Inadequacy
05-10-2011, 11:36 PM
A year ago I never thought they'd have Cody go over Ted. That's pretty sweet.

Shadrick
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Wheres Kofi, OH YEAH THATS RIGHT HE'S ON RAW WITH ZACK RYDER WWWYKI BRO.

Seriously tho, I may watch this.

Also, Tazz Dan is a handsome man.

Tazz Dan
05-11-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm hearing Michael Hayes debuted as Tyson Kidd's manager on Superstars. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

Volare
05-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Yep it's true. Wonder if he dressed like he did with the Hardys.

St. Jimmy
05-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Mark Henry was screwed.

Mr. Nerfect
05-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Sounds like an awesome show. I'm eager to see how Rhodes vs. DiBiase plays out. The right man went over, but I sorta don't want to see DiBiase as a babyface. Unless he gets a real bad-ass meanstreak about him.

Kind of looking forward to Ezekiel Jackson challenging Wade Barrett, to be honest. Barrett is the goods, and Jackson has this weird sort of charisma, and the shit he can do with his power is just scary. The right decision is to eventually put the IC Title on Jackson, but I hope they have him really chase The Corre and get overwhelmed by the numbers at first.

I think I'll dig Sheamus on SmackDown!, for the record. And I'm totally looking forward to Sin Cara vs. Daniel Bryan. :drool:

Keep in mind that shit always plays out better on the show than it reads in reports. I'm genuinely interested in this Khali/Mahal stuff from reading it, but I bet Mahal comes off as a total killer in it. He slaps a fucking giant in the face and gets away with it. Madness.

Mr. Nerfect
05-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Also, I can't be the only one wishing Kharma had destroyed Michael Cole instead? That'd be a reason to watch SmackDown! right there.

Schlomey
05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Christian not playing off the WTF happened to me last week thing kind of saddens me but I'm glad to see he's getting a rematch. They worked very well together last week.

Good show it seems. Better than RAW easily.

Hanso Amore
05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Im really hoping this leads to a Christian Heel turn. Let him come out for a bit as a "good guy" giving Orton his due as champ, then turn him heel for Orton stealing his Time. BAM. Now the Edge stuff is fading away, and so will that good feeling.

MoFo
05-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Some reports are saying the Orton & Christian v Henry & Sheamus match is the best tag match in Smackdown history...

Wade Barrett v Zeke Jackson has a good shot at being the worst match in history, on the other hand.

Schlomey
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM
barrett vs zeke as the worst? Not possible. Seriously? Is that opinion or a "report"?

Nicky Fives
05-11-2011, 11:35 AM
barrett vs zeke as the worst? Not possible. Seriously? Is that opinion or a "report"?

IMO, there's a better chance of it being the worst than the best.....

#BROKEN Hasney
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Some reports are saying the Orton & Christian v Henry & Sheamus match is the best tag match in Smackdown history...

Wade Barrett v Zeke Jackson has a good shot at being the worst match in history, on the other hand.

Be interesting to watch, but I highly doubt it was the best ever. Come on, the Smackdown 6. Probably the best in recent memory.

Schlomey
05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
almost forgot the term smackdown 6. What a great time.

Hanso Amore
05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I refuse to accept a match as GREAT with Mark Henry as a member.

Schlomey
05-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Royal Rumbles are great ;)

Jordan
05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Well to be honest all four of those guys are in their prime except maybe Shemus prolly hasn't hit it yet, I look forward to it.

Jordan
05-11-2011, 01:49 PM
I refuse to accept a match as GREAT with Mark Henry as a member.

Well that would kinda make you ignorant huh?

#BROKEN Hasney
05-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Im really hoping this leads to a Christian Heel turn. Let him come out for a bit as a "good guy" giving Orton his due as champ, then turn him heel for Orton stealing his Time. BAM. Now the Edge stuff is fading away, and so will that good feeling.

I hope Edge's last act in WWE is to take an unprettier to solidify the turn. OR one of those lovely edited segments where Edge is "in the car" and Christian drives a truck into it or something. OR A BLACK HUMMER.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Well to be honest all four of those guys are in their prime except maybe Shemus prolly hasn't hit it yet, I look forward to it.

Is Mark Henry "in his prime" because he's injuring less people than his main event push?

Mr. C
05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
TREVOR MURDOCH WORKED A MATCH BEFORE SMACKDOWN!

Hanso Amore
05-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Well that would kinda make you ignorant huh?

Not at all. It makes me fully aware of the precedent that he has set for 15 fucking years.

Does this make you a blind optimist?

dhellova guy
05-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Yep it's true. Wonder if he dressed like he did with the Hardys.

Hayes was wearing some light blue shirt and yellow pants, and looked RRREEEAAAALLLLYYYY "interested" in Tyson Kidd...

Shisen Kopf
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Best smackdown match ever was crash Holly vs Pete gas back in 2000

Volare
05-12-2011, 12:11 AM
TREVOR MURDOCH WORKED A MATCH BEFORE SMACKDOWN!

Autobahn
05-12-2011, 08:44 AM
almost forgot the term smackdown 6. What a great time.

Smackdown 6? Never heard about this before?

Juan
05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Smackdown 6? Never heard about this before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Heyman#SmackDown.21_General_Manager_.282003.E2.80.932004.29

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2011, 06:42 AM
I miss those days. Paul Heyman took SmackDown! and made it shit all over RAW by just playing to strengths and not being afraid of trying new things. Or hell, not being afraid of just letting six talented individuals go out there and wrestle.

The concept of "Team Angle" was so simple, yet so brilliant. Two guys with amateur backgrounds being sought out by Paul Heyman to serve as Kurt's back-up and entourage -- one of them being the only man to take Lesnar down on the amateur circuit (as I seem to recall Heyman saying -- whether this is true or not, I don't know).

Also, I'm fairly certain that it was Heyman that was the man behind putting Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit together, and just letting them tear the house down at the 2003 Royal Rumble, which along with Heyman's booking of Benoit over the next year or so, was what essentially got him to the stage where the WWE put the World Heavyweight Title on him.

Volare
05-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Bryan vs Sin Cara was a great match.

Mr. Pierre
05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Kinda crazy that the "Smackdown 6" didn't even involve Taker or Lesnar at that time. SD was on fire.

Asmo
05-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Caught this over the weekend. Weird that the Intercontinental title doesn't have Wade Barrett's name on it yet.

Juan
05-16-2011, 09:26 AM
They probably forgot he has it.