PDA

View Full Version : APB: WOOOOOOOOO!

Xero
05-26-2011, 10:36 PM
From PWInsider:

TNA star Ric Flair was found in civil contempt earlier today during a hearing regarding Flair not adhering to a mediated Settlement Agreement in the lawsuit brought against him by online retailer Highspots.com. An order for Flair's arrest was then issued in the County of Mecklenburg in North Carolina.

According to the order, which was acquired this evening by PWInsider.com, the court found that Flair had agreed in mediation to a Settlement Agreement with Highspots.com and was required to pay them $35,000 as well as sign 300 photos in order to provide restitution for the issues between the two sides. Doing so would end the long-standing legal issues between the two that began when Flair borrowed money from Highspots during a period the two sides were doing business with each other.

Flair, despite signing the agreement to do so, failed to adhere to the terms in a timely manner. Highspots.com then took to Superior Court to enforce. They sided with Highspots and ordered Flair to adhere by 4/29.

At today's hearing, the Court decreed that Flair, who "has the assets and income required" to make the Settlement Agreement instead "willfully violated and continues to willfully violate" the court's mandated order. The court also noted that Flair was doing so despite being "able to comply with the Order" or being "able to to take reasonable measures" towards complying.

The Court ruled that Flair was in "willfull civil contempt of the court" and issued an arrest order, which reads:

"Therefore it is ordered, adjudged and decreed that Defendant Richard Fliehr is hereby held in civil contempt for his failure to comply with the Consent Order to Enforce Settlement and that the Defendant be imprisoned for as long as he remains in civil contempt for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days from his date of imprisonment. This imprisonment shall commence on June 27, 2011 without further action of the court."

The court then ruled that Flair could cancel the arrest order by paying Highspots.com the $35,000 he previously agreed to and by signing and returning the 300 photos, which court documents indicate are the hands of Flair's attorneys.

The court also ruled that if Flair was unable to do so, he could also hand over the NWA World championship belt that he had provided to Highspots.com as collateral previously (based on the order, it appears the belt is currently back in Flair's hands) and authorize that they can have the ownership and rights of the belt, in order to sell it off as a means to regain the money owed. That aspect of the order noted that the NWA belt needed to be "free of all liens and encumbrances", which could be an issue for Flair, since there is already one other entity with a lien against him for the belt.

So, it appears Flair will either have to finally pay the Agreement or find himself jailed.

Theo Dious
05-26-2011, 10:59 PM
I really don't understand why this isn't being settled via a ladder match between Flair and whoever runs Highspots.

McLegend
05-26-2011, 11:03 PM
:lol: Highspots

itsmeJD
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
TNA will turn this into an angle for next week's Impact. Eric Young will be playing the role of zany Highspots owner "Insert NXT name generator name here", who will run around with the old NWA belt while Flair attempts to steal it back. Sure to be an epic ratings booster....

Volare
05-27-2011, 12:03 AM
If yall wanna come here to North Carolina, that's not too far away from where I live, we can all go Flair huntin and yall got a place to stay.

Droford
05-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Flair: "You can't arrest me! Im already in jail!"

*LOCKS HIMSELF IN STEEL CAGE*

Tom Guycott
05-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Yeah... what are they going to do, jail Flair in North Carolina? Where he'll be treated like a hero for the rest of his stay?? I mean, we're talkin' about Horsemen country! Hell, the guards may let him come and go as he pleases!

ClockShot
05-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Ric Flair, Ric Flair! Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?!

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BgYnmN1zwx0" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

GoneFishing
05-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Ric Flair, Ric Flair! Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?!

Dog the Bounty Hunter: WOOOOOOOO edition

Theo Dious
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I really don't understand why this isn't being settled via a ladder match between Flair and whoever runs Highspots.

Fucking hell, I think this was my 10,000th post.

Volare
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iS5Xda_Gr_A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iS5Xda_Gr_A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Jordan
05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Fucking hell, I think this was my 10,000th post.

Big surprise, nobody cares.

DAMN iNATOR
05-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah... what are they going to do, jail Flair in North Carolina? Where he'll be treated like a hero for the rest of his stay?? I mean, we're talkin' about Horsemen country! Hell, the guards may let him come and go as he pleases!

Hey, wait...I know a fitting punishment for Flair's non-payment
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gkjhMLh1MFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
...and then just lather, rinse, repeat :D

Wishbone
05-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Wow Flair really is a nutjob :lol:

SaskatchewanChamp
05-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Who are you fucks to criticize this man? You guys wish for just one hour you could be Ric. Hell, most of you with the lives you live, half an hour as Ric would be the best time you would ever experience.

Theo Dious
05-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Who are you fucks to criticize this man? You guys wish for just one hour you could be Ric. Hell, most of you with the lives you live, half an hour as Ric would be the best time you would ever experience.

Um, the only criticism of Flair in this thread is that someone said he's nuts, and how is that not true...

MouseyZbyszko
05-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Dog the Bounty Hunter: WOOOOOOOO edition

oh gawd LOL. I'd watch if Dog The Bounty Hunter had to go apprehend Ric Flair hahahaha...... WIN !!! :naughty:

Lock Jaw
05-28-2011, 03:18 AM

What if that half hour as Ric came like... when he was on the toilet or something. That would eat up a good part of the half hour, and I would imagine wouldn't be that thrilling.

Lock Jaw
05-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Or like, just about when he was to receive a full physical from his friendly neighborhood physician, you suddenly pop into his body for half an hour. Wouldn't be much fun either.