PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg heading to TNA ?

taker707
05-27-2011, 02:29 AM
<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=4BJNT&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Come on TNA elevate your fucking talent instead of buying another has been .
This is from a few days ago just saw it on twitter .

Anybody Thrilla
05-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Yet another reason to not watch TNA.

Droford
05-27-2011, 02:38 AM
They should saddle him with a losing streak

#BROKEN Hasney
05-27-2011, 03:00 AM
I'd pay money to watch Goldberg if TNA booked him right.

So I won't be paying money to see Goldberg.

Fox
05-27-2011, 04:48 AM
Interesting.

I guess it'd be interesting to see if they booked Goldberg right. He could come in and dominate the company and have some matches against Angle, Jarrett, Samoa Joe, etc, and it might make for some good TV. I can't see how they would book him worse than WWE did during his run there.

Nicky Fives
05-27-2011, 10:11 AM
I'd rather see Styles/Roode/Joe/Morgan/etc. get the additional TV time......

Steveviscious89
05-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Between having him and not having him....I would think the smart choice is to have him on. I know non-wrestling fans who would watch a Goldberg segment simply because he can 'destroy' his opponents.

BigDaddyCool
05-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Between having him and not having him....I would think the smart choice is to have him on. I know non-wrestling fans who would watch a Goldberg segment simply he can 'destroy' his opponents.

If it was any other company in the world, I would agree. but TNA has a history of buying big names that do nothing for the brand and buries the existing home grown roster.

The Naitch
05-27-2011, 11:52 AM
anyone like the new "Impact Wrestling" avec blue ropes look?

(I noticed the change last night. I kept watching just to see the new set/look, not to watch the awful Foley/Hogan/Bischoff/Kendrick promo)

Jordan
05-27-2011, 12:25 PM
How does this mean Goldberg in TNA? From what I can tell they were just hanging out together, beside Bischoff seems more like an on air character who like to talk about the company on twitter than anything else.

Xero
05-27-2011, 12:28 PM
It could be about TNA, but I think a more likely scenario is that Bischoff and Goldberg are going to do something together outside of wrestling. Bischoff cares more about his outside ventures than TNA.

Or, like Mr. X said, they may just be hanging out.

PorkSoda
05-27-2011, 12:46 PM
After reading Jericho's second book, I really don't think very highly of Goldberg.

DAMN iNATOR
05-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Don't think anybody wants to see Matt Morgan's retarded father in a wrestling ring again anytime soon.

Aguakate
05-27-2011, 04:38 PM
...If Goldberg signs with TNA, ALL of you are going to watch...so stop it.

Wishbone
05-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I'll keep watching TNA regardless as it gives me something interesting to do on thursday nights but honestly IMO this will hurt the overall product.

CSL
05-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Don't think anybody wants to see Matt Morgan's retarded father in a wrestling ring again anytime soon.

Swear to god everything you post here is decided by manatees and 'idea balls'.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree with those who don't think this is anything to really do with TNA, beyond causing people to speculate. It's probably just Bischoff trying to get both guys trending. I mean, from a storyline perspective, if Bischoff brought Goldberg to TNA, then wouldn't he be part of Immortal? You'd think they'd bring William in as a massive babyface.

Also, I would much rather get behind Matt Morgan as the resident TNA monster. Or Samoa Joe. Or Monty Brown, for that matter.

BollywoodSingh
05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
I think Goldberg is one of the few older stars left that can draw some money for TNA.

Ultra Mantis
05-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Well Hogan still needs to avenge that loss...

Anybody Thrilla
05-27-2011, 06:10 PM

False

Lock Jaw
05-27-2011, 06:15 PM
They'll bring in Goldberg and then put him in a feud with Orlando Jordan, who wants Goldberg to wear a wig.

Jordan
05-27-2011, 06:45 PM

I've recently taken up Impact Wrestling and I really dig it. It's not perfect, but it's not WWE.

For the record I think WWE is on a huge roll at the moment and I am loving it, but it's nice to have other options. IWrestling has a lot of major major players in wrestling and they are helping to revive the industry by succeeding.

So yeah I hope Goldberg pops up and he can be dominant and all that but he HAS to put somebody over clean, and big.

I'd say bring in Goldberg to take on Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory - GolbergSMASH/win and Angle goes on a limited schedule to train for the Olympic tryouts and film his sitcom, I mean reality show. By the way I hope the best for him but if we get a "get out of jail free card" episode I'll not be surprised.

Depending how long he stays have him go over Jarrett as well, and maybe even a recovered (god willing) Jeff Hardy, before he goes onto a clash with his ultimate opponent Matt Morgan, where he loses and TNA then swings for the fences with Morgan at the top.

MoFo
05-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I would watch TNA every week if they had Goldberg.

Droford
05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
After reading Jericho's second book, I really don't think very highly of Goldberg.

Its been looking like not many former stars have a high opinion of Jericho after reading his book so..

Fox
05-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Goldberg coming in and doing the Goldberg thing and destroying everyone in the big heel stable on his way toward a World Title match, followed by some PPV defenses against both heels and faces could make for some watchable TV. It'd be far more interesting than what they've currently got going on. As long as they don't do what the WWE did and try and make him talk and be charismatic, two things he's not good at, then it'll be great. Goldberg smashing mother fuckers and being dominant makes for good TV.

Yes, I realize that this would mean he would need to go over TNA's home grown stars, but if its means getting TNA more exposure and better ratings, then it's a better game for everyone. Not only that, but as long as they let a chosen few look strong against Goldberg in their losses, it'll help to get them over. Coming close to beating Goldberg is like a respect thing.

Anyways, that video doesn't suggest that Goldberg is definitely coming to TNA. He probably just had a meeting with Bischoff and that's all that it is right now. Still, an interesting concept and something that could help TNA rise up, even just a little bit.

SuperSlim
05-27-2011, 07:16 PM
They brought in Kurt Angle while he was still hot after WWE dropped him. Couple weeks boost then back down.

They brought in Sting. Couple weeks boost, dropped back down.

They had that big night where they brought in Jeff Hardy, ummm someone else I'm sure... and Hogan. Couple weeks boost. Back down.

Mr. Anderson... Anderson. Maybe one week boost, and back down.

TNA... Impact Wrestling has brought in some big names, some well known names and it has done nothing for the ratings except for that initial boost before it steadies back to where it has been. They bring in Goldberg and it's going to be the exact same thing. Couple weeks boost before the ratings go back to where they were.

Bringing in Goldberg isn't going to do anything except hurt in the end cause if they book Goldberg the best way to book him... he's just going to demolish whatever stars are put in his way and that isn't going to help those stars as they are going to have to try to rebuild them back up. The only person that would benefit from Goldberg is whoever they decide to have go over him if Goldberg doesn't walk out before it happens.

So... yeah... I'm not too high on seeing Goldberg there... then again I'm not high on Impact Wrestling either cause it's still far too much talking and crap going on. But it'd be better without Goldie there.

Jordan
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM
That piece actually suggestions nothing other than Bisch and Bill were on a plane over NYC and in a good mood.

Droford
05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
iMpact wrestling is obviously trying to rebook WCW circa 1997-1999.

We're gonna get Sting/Hogan and then eventually a really hot Goldberg will beat him on free TV. All to culminate with the fingerpoke of doom.

Anybody Thrilla
05-27-2011, 08:02 PM
They had that big night where they brought in Jeff Hardy, ummm someone else I'm sure... and Hogan. Couple weeks boost. Back down.

Ric Flair

Droford
05-27-2011, 08:07 PM
and Val Venis

Aguakate
05-27-2011, 08:30 PM
False

...Yeah, right...you won't admit it, but you'll watch...

...we all say we won't watch, but we do.

Jura
05-27-2011, 08:42 PM
That Impact Wrestling logo is freaking everywhere.

Dukelorange
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Whatever... TNA will still be the same to me.

Jura
05-27-2011, 10:01 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2qx6a03.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/246rwnt.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2dvlydu.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2nkv3ev.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/ip1oqf.jpg

Lock Jaw
05-27-2011, 10:05 PM
That's a lot of logos.

screech
05-28-2011, 02:10 AM
lol at Wrestling Matters in that last one. I know it's their new hook, but that just looks silly.

MouseyZbyszko
05-28-2011, 03:03 AM
TNA needs to develop and push the talent they already have and start from the ground up. Goldberg, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair all need to take a backseat, or better yet, just get off the bus entirely. Their time is passed.

They need to take a hike

ron the dial
05-28-2011, 11:04 AM
this would be great news for some company 10 years ago.

The MAC
05-28-2011, 12:04 PM
their rebranded colour scheme is that of smackdown!

why cant they get their shit together..fuck!

Jordan
05-28-2011, 12:12 PM

why cant they get their shit together..fuck!

What color would you have preferred?

CSL
05-28-2011, 12:15 PM
What color would you have preferred?

plum

IMPACT
WRESTLING

Lock Jaw
05-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Red.

That way they are at least copying the color of the "A" show instead of the "B" show.

ron the dial
05-28-2011, 03:47 PM
they already had been copying the color of the A show.

DAMN iNATOR
05-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Red.

That way they are at least copying the color of the "A" show instead of the "B" show.

More like they're copying the "B" show circa 1999 (original SD! color scheme with the powder blue instead of the "true blues" they've used since that era ended. Also, I always liked the 2003 season's nametags on SD! best with the powder blue background and the white cursive text).

VSG
05-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Do you use a magic 8-ball to decide whether or not to post every thought in your mind?

Jordan
05-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Guys, blue is not trademarked by Smackdown! it's been around a little bit longer than Smackdown! I believe, so I think that is a little nit picky. It looks great, cut them some slack, it really looks so much better than it used too..

I was watching and thinking it would have been cool to go with an abstract color like NOAH does but it might just look a little gay to have a purple ring or something, Red and Blue are probably the best colors to go with, anything else is a little too specific.

chrisat928
05-28-2011, 10:20 PM
WWE booked him realistically.

TNA would push him like WCW did. Then they'd be in the same situation they were when he was 180-whatever and 0.

Isn't he also 48 or 49 now?

Aguakate
05-28-2011, 10:48 PM
According to an interview he gave to Bill Apter, the only reason he even considers stepping back in the ring is because his son is getting older, never saw him wrestle, and he (Bill) thinks it'd be "cool" to have hiw son wrestle...

...so he's doing it all for himself and for his kid, not for the fans, not for the business...

...I've never thought of Goldberg as a guy who genuinely LOVES the wrestling business, anyway...

Here's a video on why he left wrestling (according to him):

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oGAjZ2XdxIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...and this "word association" is very interesting:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p-GhrFgNWN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MouseyZbyszko
05-29-2011, 02:37 PM
According to an interview he gave to Bill Apter, the only reason he even considers stepping back in the ring is because his son is getting older, never saw him wrestle, and he (Bill) thinks it'd be "cool" to have hiw son wrestle...

...so he's doing it all for himself and for his kid, not for the fans, not for the business...

...I've never thought of Goldberg as a guy who genuinely LOVES the wrestling business, anyway...

Here's a video on why he left wrestling (according to him):

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oGAjZ2XdxIM" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

...and this "word association" is very interesting:

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p-GhrFgNWN0" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Wow! Thanks for these videos. Good for Goldberg for following his conscience and his heart :wave:

Raven Reaper
05-29-2011, 08:16 PM

Actually, it's this:

http://www.hoopsavenue.com/images/thunder-logo5.jpg