PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown is so awesome right now.

Anybody Thrilla
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm digging pretty much every single thing that happens on Smackdown these days. Great matches, good feuds...just all around entertaining television.

Do you agree or disagree?

Anybody Thrilla
06-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm even interested in Mark Henry and The Great Khali. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE????

Lock Jaw
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/paranoias/x1irs7.gif

But yeah, Smackdown is doing great right now, and I agree on all points.

Lock Jaw
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Pretty much the only stuff I don't care for is The Corre/Zeke stuff.

Anybody Thrilla
06-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Pretty much the only stuff I don't care for is The Corre/Zeke stuff.

You know, that's probably my least favorite, but something about that last Barrett/Zeke match made me mark out a little bit.

I like how a lot of the feuds seem to just naturally develop, and it doesn't feel like they're trying too hard to make things happen.

Anybody Thrilla
06-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Actually, they are trying WAY too hard with Sin Cara, but nowhere else.

The Naitch
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
would you consider it as good as SD in 2003?

Anybody Thrilla
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I would say yes based on the enjoyability of the show as a whole. 2003 had some great stuff, but I tend to recall some not so great stuff that I didn't care about as well. I am at least a little bit into every single part of the show right now. I'm even a little interested in where the whole Kaitlyn and AJ thing is going.

GD
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Agreed. I am enjoying the entire show except for the Divas part.

TazFTW86
06-06-2011, 12:04 AM
I guess I have to watch more of it when I can

Corporate CockSnogger
06-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I guess I have to watch more of it when I can

wHAT

Lock Jaw
06-06-2011, 12:37 AM
http://www.pimpmynintendo.com/images/wario-cap.jpg

W hat.

Emperor Smeat
06-06-2011, 12:53 AM
I'd have to agree as well especially considering every year the brand almost has to start from scratch and rebuild new feuds and wrestlers due to the WWE Draft and RAW taking most of the good talent.

Tazz Dan
06-06-2011, 02:12 AM
WTF. We can't have two members here starting with Taz. This is more scandalous than the Requiem/Reqluse battle going on

Tazz Dan
06-06-2011, 02:12 AM
But to answer your question ABT, I actually have this set on my DVR to record each week now.

St. Jimmy
06-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Orton brings it to whatever show he's on. Still don't watch it.

MoFo
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Disagree.

loopydate
06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
SmackDown is by far the better show every week now. All I was interested in on RAW was the Riley/Miz split and Kharma. Meanwhile on SmackDown, you've got the Orton/Xian situation with Henry and Sheamus lurking; Jinder Mahal and the Great Khali; the burgeoning Bryan/Cara/Rhodes/DiBiase situation...

Pretty much everything except the Divas. And whatever the hell that was with Johnny Curtis.

Innovator
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
SmackDown is by far the better show every week now. All I was interested in on RAW was the Riley/Miz split and Kharma. Meanwhile on SmackDown, you've got the Orton/Xian situation with Henry and Sheamus lurking; Jinder Mahal and the Great Khali; the burgeoning Bryan/Cara/Rhodes/DiBiase situation...

Pretty much everything except the Divas. And whatever the hell that was with Johnny Curtis.

Smackdown also doesn't hurt your brain

loopydate
06-06-2011, 06:43 PM
That's also true.

Anybody Thrilla
06-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Disagree.

So what's not clicking for you?

Jura
06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
CAN U DIG IT?

Jura
06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
SUCKAAAAAAAAA

MoFo
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
So what's not clicking for you?

More interested in 'segments' rather than matches nowadays, so Raw > Smackdown for me.

Also most the boring wrestlers are on SD (Orton, Christian, Corre) and my faves are on Raw (JoMo, Miz, Del Rio). No real reason to watch SD tbh.

Juan
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
tbf I don't remember the last time Raw was consistently better than SD.

Anybody Thrilla
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
SUCKAAAAAAAAA

Now that you mention it, I'm starting to really enjoy Booker T on commentary as well.

XCaliber
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
It's been consisently better than Raw for ages this is nothing new although I've even found SD weaker than it was several years ago.

Juan
06-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Smackdown was on fire in 2009 during the Hardy/Punk feud

Mr. Nerfect
06-09-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't know if this is the best SmackDown! has ever been, but I do enjoy a lot of the stuff that is going on. It seems well thought out, at least. Personally, it just needs some extra "zing" to get me really going again. Hopefully Christian as a heel World Champion does that... :love:

Mr. Nerfect
06-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Also, Johnny Curtis reminds me of a ripped Matt Hardy. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Autobahn
06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/paranoias/x1irs7.gif

But yeah, Smackdown is doing great right now, and I agree on all points.

Who's the milk guy?

Anybody Thrilla
06-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Johnny Curtis, winner of NXT.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Loving it right now. The Christian heel stuff on the latest show was great. My only issue with the whole show now is that even if Christian/Sheamus/Henry(lol) were to take the title off Orton, they'd only have Orton to feud with.

Would be interesting to see a face Sheamus, but not sure how they can do it right now.

Providence Peep
06-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I always enjoyed RAW more than Smackdown.... until this week. This past Monday, I was watching RAW and I was actually bored. That was the first time that ever happened to me. Tonight's Smackdown has been great, though. I'm looking forward to the live show on Tuesday.

XL
06-11-2011, 12:41 PM
SmackDown has been my most anticipated show on a weekly basis for a while now. Everything is at least "pretty good".

I could do without the Diva's match and I dislike the From The Vault segment (do you guys get that in the US version?) as it takes TV time away from someone who could use it to get over. Aside from that, everything is pretty rosey.

I'd like to see them make Christian a "bad ass" heel, not like a Steve Austin bad ass, just someone that gets in the faces of the good guy and doesn't back down. I know he'll likely end up as a sneaky, chicken shit heel in the mold of The Miz - and we know Christian can pull that role of better than most - but I'd like to see them go in a slightly different direction with this one.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2011, 02:33 AM
I've got a feeling that Daniel Bryan is going to be elevated as a top face pretty soon. I mean, who else is there, really? He's a solid worker, and with proper momentum could get over. The idea of a Christian vs. Daniel Bryan World Title match seems like a pipe-dream, but Ezekiel Jackson will probably be the IC Champion for a bit, and no one else seems like a proper face candidate to be elevated.

Impeccable
06-12-2011, 06:16 AM
I like Christian's heel turn...but it seems rushed through for this PPV.

I would have liked to have seen a more gradual heel turn, but heel Christian = gold (for me at least). And I'm thinking about things that would solidify his status as a heel...and Christian beating down Edge would really make sense (i.e. Edge tries to talk sense into Christian).

That being said, I'm loving everything about SD at the moment.

Brigstocke
06-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Without sounding like a huge racist I love Smackdown Right Now apart from Ezekial Jackson and Teddy Long.

Zeke is dreadful and Teddy is boring and shite.

Cool King
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I've been enjoying SmackDown more than Raw myself as of late.

The only part of SmackDown I'm not really enjoying is Sin Cara and Zeke's multiple scoop slams. Like ABT said, they're just trying too hard with Sin Cara now and I feel like Zeke has become "Face Mark Henry with muscles".

Both of them as heels, didn't smile, they kept quiet and played the role of the silent guy who's going to "fuck you up" if you have a match against him. Then when they turn face, they're all smiles constantly and talking and getting involved with the crowd in some way. Basically, what I'm saying is, what I'm seeing with Zeke, I feel like I've seen it before with Henry on Raw. :-\

But other than that, I feel like SmackDown is the better show at the moment. I'm enjoying Christian, Rhodes, Sheamus, DiBiase, Barrett and even Orton, who on Raw was beginning to bore me.

I also like that The Corre is over and now Barrett can be a singles competitor and Gabriel & Slater may remain as a Tag Team and possibly, provide the tag division with some much needed competition. The tag division has been so poor these past few years and as of right now, the WWE only has four actual Tag Teams.

McGillicutty & Otunga
Marella & Kozlov
Gabriel & Slater
The Usos

I'd say out of those four, Gabriel & Slater are the most over as heels, though they may very well be faces now that they walked away from Barrett. Either way, I think Gabriel & Slater playing a more prominent role in the tag division may help it in some way as nobody seems to care about The Usos and Marella & Kozlov can't keep having Title shots against McGillicutty & Otunga. The champions need new opponents.

Cool King
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I seem to have rambled on a bit.

Sorry about that. :-\

XCaliber
06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I've got a feeling that Daniel Bryan is going to be elevated as a top face pretty soon. I mean, who else is there, really? He's a solid worker, and with proper momentum could get over. The idea of a Christian vs. Daniel Bryan World Title match seems like a pipe-dream, but Ezekiel Jackson will probably be the IC Champion for a bit, and no one else seems like a proper face candidate to be elevated.

Could happen but regardless SD is gonna need more faces and with Riley staying on RAW someone else like Morrison could be shipped over or they could always turn a guy like DiBiase once he's done his tenure with Cody and finally push the guy rather than jobbing him out most of the time.

VSG
06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Khali & Jinder Mahal

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

ace3025
06-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree. I'm pretty let down with raw since the draft. Although I think they are going have to do some major recon to have the title scene be more than orton/sheamus/Christian. I think they need get barrett in their before he is 100% irrelevant. I think barrett v Christian could've been a great feud before going to the current orton situation. But overall living SD way more

Cool King
06-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Khali & Jinder Mahal

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

I was going to include Rhodes & DiBiase but I didn't think they were an actual Tag Team. I think they're more of "associates". As in they're more of singles competitors than tag team competitors. Just like Ryder & Hawkins. They're not an actual Tag Team but they just help each other out from time to time but still have a singles career going for them. (Well, Ryder does anyway)

As for Khali & Mahal, to my knowledge, they haven't even had a tag match together yet, so I don't know if they are an actual tag team or if Mahal is just Khali's manager who also has matches.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Pretty much every tag team is a heel unit, too. The Usos just turned face by default, and I think they have potential in that role, but with Slater & Gabriel getting pissed off at Barrett -- that could also lead to a face turn. I'm especially interested to see where they go with Gabriel & Slater now. Here are some options:

They can go back to RAW.
Slater & Gabriel only moved over to SmackDown! to join Barrett in The Corre. Maybe they can return to RAW now that their adventures with Barrett are over? Gabriel & Slater have history with Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga and CM Punk, and they rejected Punk's brainwashing to be their own men. Slater & Gabriel could get quite over as babyface challengers for the WWE Tag Team Titles on RAW, and I'd actually be pretty interested to see it. A six-man tag between Punk, McGillicutty & Otunga against Rey Mysterio, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater actually gets me pretty excited. Is that weird?

They turn face on SmackDown!.
Occam's razor suggests that they just turn face on SmackDown!, and that they find some new heel teams to feud with. Perhaps even Khali & Mahal. If the plan is to still have Khali & Mahal win the WWE Tag Team Titles, then they will need face teams to go over. Plus, McGillicutty & Otunga can use the titles to go to SmackDown! anyway. You don't really need to move Gabriel & Slater to feud them with Nexus. And if they win the titles, you can still feature them on RAW.

They stay heel on SmackDown!.
Actually, this might be the most likely of options. Gabriel & Slater remain exactly the same, but are just treated as a proper heel tag team, and not part of a larger group. Whether they feud with Barrett or not is up in the air. SmackDown! seems to have a lot of top heels, but not enough top faces. After he drops off the IC Title to Big Zeke, Barrett could feud with his former followers, and even though he has been presented as the bad guy so far -- Barrett's got more charisma and a better ability to project his motivations. He could very easily turn face as a bad-ass lone wolf, and convince us that he is going to destroy Slater & Gabriel. It'd be an intriguing feud, to say the least. But from that, Barrett could join Orton as a top face on the blue brand.

The Corre is reformed.
It seems less and less likely that Darren Young will win NXT, and he's not even being presented as a guy that should win (he's been working as a heel and putting over Titus O'Neil like every week). Also, Michael Tarver is not doing anything. While Wade Barrett is ready to move beyond having a faction behind him -- Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater could reform The Corre as a force where they are all equals. They will need someone to speak for them -- but the WWE has considered bringing back managers and such. Perhaps Matt Striker or Byron Saxton could be a good voice for the group? Saxton could even wrestle with them.

But the WWE could just split up Slabriel -- which is actually what will probably happen, come to think of it. I like the idea of them being faces on SmackDown!, though.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-12-2011, 09:33 PM

Actually, I foresee a Sheamus face turn before DB gets to be "top face."

They're setting it up well. Sheamus is one of the few heels who aren't "scared" of the faces. Plus, he was screwed out of the title by Christian. And he does have the charisma.

VSG
06-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I would love a face Sheamus more than a heel Christian frankly.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I would love a face Sheamus more than a heel Christian frankly.

Seriously. Imagine if next week on Smackdown they schedule a match between Sheamus and Christian. Before the match, backstage, Christian cheaply jumps and assaults Sheamus, fucking him up pretty badly, so Sheamus is out "injured." Let Christian beat Orton, build more heat up through Summerslam in August, and have Sheamus come back after Xtian's match at Summerslam, full face, looking to kill Christian. It would be greatness.

VSG
06-12-2011, 09:56 PM
That sounds pretty awesome.

XCaliber
06-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Pretty much every tag team is a heel unit, too. The Usos just turned face by default, and I think they have potential in that role, but with Slater & Gabriel getting pissed off at Barrett -- that could also lead to a face turn. I'm especially interested to see where they go with Gabriel & Slater now. Here are some options:

They can go back to RAW.
Slater & Gabriel only moved over to SmackDown! to join Barrett in The Corre. Maybe they can return to RAW now that their adventures with Barrett are over? Gabriel & Slater have history with Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga and CM Punk, and they rejected Punk's brainwashing to be their own men. Slater & Gabriel could get quite over as babyface challengers for the WWE Tag Team Titles on RAW, and I'd actually be pretty interested to see it. A six-man tag between Punk, McGillicutty & Otunga against Rey Mysterio, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater actually gets me pretty excited. Is that weird?

They turn face on SmackDown!.
Occam's razor suggests that they just turn face on SmackDown!, and that they find some new heel teams to feud with. Perhaps even Khali & Mahal. If the plan is to still have Khali & Mahal win the WWE Tag Team Titles, then they will need face teams to go over. Plus, McGillicutty & Otunga can use the titles to go to SmackDown! anyway. You don't really need to move Gabriel & Slater to feud them with Nexus. And if they win the titles, you can still feature them on RAW.

They stay heel on SmackDown!.
Actually, this might be the most likely of options. Gabriel & Slater remain exactly the same, but are just treated as a proper heel tag team, and not part of a larger group. Whether they feud with Barrett or not is up in the air. SmackDown! seems to have a lot of top heels, but not enough top faces. After he drops off the IC Title to Big Zeke, Barrett could feud with his former followers, and even though he has been presented as the bad guy so far -- Barrett's got more charisma and a better ability to project his motivations. He could very easily turn face as a bad-ass lone wolf, and convince us that he is going to destroy Slater & Gabriel. It'd be an intriguing feud, to say the least. But from that, Barrett could join Orton as a top face on the blue brand.

The Corre is reformed.
It seems less and less likely that Darren Young will win NXT, and he's not even being presented as a guy that should win (he's been working as a heel and putting over Titus O'Neil like every week). Also, Michael Tarver is not doing anything. While Wade Barrett is ready to move beyond having a faction behind him -- Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater could reform The Corre as a force where they are all equals. They will need someone to speak for them -- but the WWE has considered bringing back managers and such. Perhaps Matt Striker or Byron Saxton could be a good voice for the group? Saxton could even wrestle with them.

But the WWE could just split up Slabriel -- which is actually what will probably happen, come to think of it. I like the idea of them being faces on SmackDown!, though.

Knowing the writers they will have it so that the breakup was all a ruse to give Zeke and other personalities the wrong perception of things and it was their plan all along which is also the most likely outcome.

Lock Jaw
06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Sheamus is one of the few heels who aren't "scared" of the faces.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/883704/sheamus-running-o.gif

Just other heels. :shifty:

dronepool
06-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I haven't watched Smackdown in like 2 months, but I guess that's cool that it got better, I still don't intend on watching it unless worse comes to worse.

M-A-G
06-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Is it just me or does there seem to be more wrestling on the shows since they removed 'wrestling' from WWE?

Anybody Thrilla
06-15-2011, 02:51 PM
As for Khali & Mahal, to my knowledge, they haven't even had a tag match together yet, so I don't know if they are an actual tag team or if Mahal is just Khali's manager who also has matches.[/COLOR]

To me, it seems like Mahal will be doing the wrestling and Khali is just his bodyguard. Pretty smart move as it will keep Khali out of the ring.

Anybody Thrilla
06-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I haven't watched Smackdown in like 2 months, but I guess that's cool that it got better, I still don't intend on watching it unless worse comes to worse.

What are you even trying to say here? What 'worse comes to worse' scenario would make you watch a show that you didn't want to watch?

Providence Peep
06-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Smackdown is even more "awesome" now that my signs got on camera last night and will be on the show this week. :shifty: