PDA

View Full Version : Great Interview w/ Rey Rey

Providence Peep
06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0kXhyQTwuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your thoughts?

FourFifty
06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Not a huge fan of Rey, but I gotta admit, I liked tha interview. He seems like the kind of guy that people should look up to.

Jordan
06-15-2011, 12:17 PM
He seems like the kind of guy that people should look up to.

LOL, cause he's short.

I liked the interview a lot and I wish WWE would show that side of Rey on camera.

I feel like Rey is the closest thing we have to Andre The Giant, obviously for the exact opposite reasons. But the guy is a legend already and one of the greatest of all time.

On the topic of a heel turn for Rey, it could be amazing but also a huge risk. I would love to see him work a Rudo style and become a cheating piece of shit, mix that in with some of his lucha offense and I think he might even be more over than he already is.

Schlomey
06-15-2011, 12:18 PM
A rey heel turn is a bad idea for the company. It is rather late in his career to be so bold and also the mask sales would decline considerably. High risk without proof of high reward.

But as a fan of compelling television I would not mind it at all...Rey is as stale as they come these days.

Fignuts
06-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't mind Rey's character feeling stale, as long as he continues to put on good matches like he does.

Providence Peep
06-15-2011, 12:51 PM
That dick Ryan Clarke put this interview on the main page after I made this thread.

parkmania
06-15-2011, 01:51 PM
IF Sin Cara is able to generate a fanbase of his own, I could see WWE turning Rey for a feud.

jskinnyg
06-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Great interview... Nicely done...

Testicle
06-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Cool interview.

IMO Rey should never, ever turn heel:

A. He is needed as a face for the Latino community, the WWE would suffer if Rey lost their support.

B. He sells metric-fuck-tons of merchandise.

C. Say what you want, a 5'4'' heel doesn't sell.

Damian Rey
06-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Awesome interview. Rey seems like the kindest guy.

His character is stale. And it wouldn't hurt to try and add something to it, but at this point, outside of what would be an ill advised heel turn, what else is there for him to do, character wise?

Not to mention, even as broken down as he's gotten, and even though he's not in the physical condition he was when he debuted 9 YEARS AGO, he's still consistently putitng on some of the best matches on the card night in and night out.

While I'm a stickler for compelling television, I'll give Rey a pass on having an interesting character so far as he continues to put on the matches he does. He's also more than willing to put over young talent, and make them look great in doing so.

Jordan
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
IF Sin Cara is able to generate a fanbase of his own, I could see WWE turning Rey for a feud.

I'd say we should see Sin Cara go heel against Rey Rey. You should see Sin Cara's rudo turn in CMLL, he was fucking brutal when he changed his style to a brawling luchadore who would rip at the mask and stomp and punch, almost MMA like at times.

And I'd say the same for Rey, he was a great annoying prick in WCW in the Animals. Although it's been done before and if we get him in a good program with Sin Cara down the line, trust me, nobody will use the word stale.