PDA

View Full Version : Old School Profile: Arn Anderson

Providence Peep
06-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm trying something new here, by starting a series of threads called Old School Profile. Basically, I'll be stating my opinion of various pro wrestling legends and Hall of Famers and asking what you think of them, as well. You can post pics, videos, etc., too, if you want.

First up is "Double A" Arn Anderson, former 1-time NWA National Tag Team Champion, 5-time NWA/WCW World Tag Team Champion, 4-time NWA-WCW World Television Champion, 4-time NWA Southeastern Tag Team Champion, and 1-time WWF Tag Team Champion.

In addition to co-founding the greatest faction in the history of the business and giving the group its now legendary name, The Four Horsemen, "The Enforcer" was an excellent ring technician and one of the best "promo guys" ever.

It's unfortunate that his injuries ultimately cut short his legendary career, but Arn Anderson is definitely one of the all-time greats in professional wrestling.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2w7icsx.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8Vg5NL_eoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y6is8X14kd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9r0K7HN4KU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shisen Kopf
06-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Not the dog spot, not a liver spot but my spot. That's alls I gotta say about AA.

Providence Peep
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Not the dog spot, not a liver spot but my spot. That's alls I gotta say about AA.

That was edifying.

edyhdrawde
06-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I was a young teenager watching wrestling when the Four Horseman formed and although I was a fan of Flair, it was Arn Anderson I really enjoyed. I was a big fan of his right up until he had to retire and I hated the "dog spot, liver spot" promo cut by Kurt Henning. It was just another example of Russo's idiocy and disrespect to the older wrestlers in the business, that weren't his older guys in the business.

I wish Anderson would return as a manager, he can talk and he could really help show a younger guy the ropes of the business.

Hanso Amore
06-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I was a young teenager watching wrestling when the Four Horseman formed and although I was a fan of Flair, it was Arn Anderson I really enjoyed. I was a big fan of his right up until he had to retire and I hated the "dog spot, liver spot" promo cut by Kurt Henning. It was just another example of Russo's idiocy and disrespect to the older wrestlers in the business, that weren't his older guys in the business.

I wish Anderson would return as a manager, he can talk and he could really help show a younger guy the ropes of the business.

First off, You are old

2nd, it was Nash, Not Henning. Henning was IN the Horseman at the time of that promo.

3rd - Russo wasnt even with WCW yet.

Three Strikes, you are out. Get the fuck out.

Hanso Amore
06-24-2011, 10:45 AM
4th, Its CURT not KURT

5th, its Hennig not HENNING

Hanso Amore
06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
So basically you are an idiot.

Welcome to TPWW.

Hanso Amore
06-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I will contribute.

Arn is probably the best Number 2 in the history of Wrestling. He was A Top guy, not a Main Eventer, but was the goods and could deliver. He was the Scottie Pippen to Ric Flair. Couldnt do much on his own, but is still one of the best ever.

I think some of his best work came in the Dangerous Alliance though. Very under-rated time in his career.

Arguably the best Tag Team Wrestler too. Tully, Eaton, Zbysko, Ole...all of his teams were top notch.

DLVH84
06-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, except you know who...

XL
06-24-2011, 01:59 PM
4th, Its CURT not KURT

5th, its Hennig not HENNING

Nicky Fives
06-24-2011, 03:39 PM
I never cared for Anderson..... never saw the appeal of him..... IMO, all he did was ride Flair's coattails.....

Theo Dious
06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
He definitely hitched his trailer to Flair's career, but he did more than his share of the work. Flair would be somewhat less legendary if he hadn't had Arn's strong back to ride at times.