PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! Spoilers for July 8

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2011, 11:00 PM
SmackDown! taped two rounds of tapings this week. Here's the lot to air next week:

* The Smackdown Money in the Bank competitors are in the ring being interviewed about their chances. Sheamus hits the ring with a chair and clears everyone out. He says he's in the MITB and wants his revenge for being punted out of his title shot at Capitol Punishment. Christian comes out and says the stipulation for his rematch at the MITB PPV has changed and if Orton is DQ'd or Christian is the victim of poor officiating, Christian will be named the new World champion.

* Teddy Long makes Orton vs. Sheamus the main event tonight.

* Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase defeated WWE Intercontinental champ Ezekiel Jackson & Daniel Bryan.

* Mark Henry looks terrifying and cuts a promo. Same intensity we've seen last few weeks.

* Jinder Mahal pins Trent Baretta. Great Khali does commentary. Yes, he does.

* AJ pins Tamina.

* Mark Henry pinned Kane.

* The Usos defeated Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater.

* Sin Cara pinned Tyson Kidd.

* World champion Randy Orton vs. Sheamus ends in a DDQ as Christian attacks both. Orton later clears the ring of both Sheamus and Christian.

CSL
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
No idea what the specifics of the storyline are, only seen the matches on PPV between Orton and Christian but that makes me believe, unless they're tying up the angle once and for all, there's a decent chance Christian gets the belt come the PPV

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Christian needs to win the World Heavyweight Title at Money in the Bank. There are no two ways about it. Christian can just get someone to run in and attack him and he's the new champ. It's that simple.

I'm interested to hear what Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel say about their chances of winning. Seriously. I've been impressed with both guy's in ring work lately, but not so much their mic skills. Neither is great on the mic, but this is a chance for them to stand out.

Curious to see the tag team match pitting Jackson & Bryan against the former Legacy. Could be a deceptively good match, because Rhodes vs. Jackson was quite decent, plus you've got Bryan and DiBiase in there.

I'm not too into Trent Barreta being squashed just a week after he impresses on Superstars. I'd have personally gone with The Great Khali vs. Yoshi Tatsu, with Jinder Mahal on commentary responding to Ranjin Singh's comments.

AJ vs. Tamina could be...interesting.

Mark Henry is being pushed strong, as has Kane. The WWE needs to confirm Big Show vs. Mark Henry, though.

The Usos beating Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater seems like a double-edged sword. I guess the devil is in the details. My guess is that Gabriel & Slater begin to distrust each other -- but I personally feel they'd be considered more of a force in Money in the Bank if they were working together. The Usos should challenge for the WWE Tag Team Titles at Money in the Bank. I hope Slater & Gabriel don't break up (unless there are major plans to use them as singles guys).

Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd will rule.

The main event is the main event. I enjoy Sheamus, and Orton does good work. Christian running in and taking out both men makes me wonder just what the plan is for them.

VSG
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Khali on commentary rivals Jericho or Punk, I bet.

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I mean, if Randy Orton beats Christian, then Captain Charisma failed to secure the World Title with his last chance, wasn't smart enough to exploit his own stipulations, and was too honourable and died by his sword. There are so many ways Christian can fluke the title at Money in the Bank:

1) Sheamus attacks Christian, taking the belt off Orton, and leaving Christian with something to prove. It allows him to plant seeds in both of his enemies' minds. The Celtic Warrior doesn't even need to win Money in the Bank to become involved -- he seems entwined enough in their story, anyway.

2) Christian is attacked during the match by someone, causing the DQ and allowing him to win the title. That person is revealed to be in Christian's Coalition, and his new protoge. So many guys could fill this role -- Brodus Clay (making the attack seem anti-Christian at the time), Johnny Curtis, Skip Sheffield (if he were medically cleared) or even Andy Leavine.

3) The Money in the Bank winner cashes in on Christian, awarding him the title by attacking him -- and softening him up for an immediate cash-in. Christian would then have two very short World Title reigns, but it would create a theme, at least. Some people may feel sorry for Christian, or it could be used to have him go further off the deep-end.

4) a) A mystery figure attacks Christian. Teddy Long can't prove who it is, but is suspicious Christian has this all planned. Christian denies any knowledge, but the figure keeps showing up and either helping Christian (either directly or indirectly). This turns out to be a plan hatched by Christian, or someone at least on Christian's side.

4) b) The same scenario with the mystery figure, only Christian doesn't have knowledge of this person. I'd probably go with this being Johnny Curtis. The mystery figure attacks Christian, and on SmackDown!, Teddy Long takes issue with Christian and threatens to strip him of the World Heavyweight Title. The Captain of All Things Charismatic flips, and denies any knowledge, and wants to know who helped him, but Long isn't buying it. On the titantron, the figure appears and reveals to be Johnny Curtis or someone. "Don't be flattered, Christian. I was just sick of being left in the dark and wanted to make an impact. Plus, I figure you'll be easier to beat than Randy Orton."

I wouldn't suggest that as a legitimate World Title push for the newcomer Curtis, or anything, but it could at least debut him with some boom and relevance, and allow him to make some enemies in the main event scene.

Juan
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Sin Cara vs. Kidd should be good

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I really loved their first match. Sin Cara seems to be "getting" the WWE style, too.

MIZantine Empire
07-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Sin Cara vs. Kidd should be good
it was an amazing match..cara is so impressive in person. one under-rated match from the tapings was on superstars, natalya and alicia fox had a pretty lengthy and well performed divas match. was good to see what they can do when given time

MoFo
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Whos in the Smackdown MITB?

MIZantine Empire
07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Whos in the Smackdown MITB?
lets see if i can remember off the top of my head. kane, sin cara, justin gabriel, heath slater, wade barrett, daniel bryan, sheamus, and cody rhodes