Seriously.

The Naitch
07-08-2011, 11:25 PM
-CM Punk is off to Japan
-HBPunk is still a huge FAG
-And RASSLETAINMENT will never be an ART

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I call for HBPunk's ban for his comment about Jeritron.

Shisen Kopf
07-08-2011, 11:35 PM
HBcunt is such a retard. Of all the people on this site that I have had issues with at one time or another, he's the only dumb bastard with absolutely no redeeming qualities at all.

Rock Bottom
07-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Is he really going off to Japan? Can't wait til MITB. Should be pretty neat. I have a sad expectation to be disappointed though when it's all over, just because there will be nothing left to be excited about for a while. While I don't think CM Punk is the messiah or anything, the promo/angle had me all sweaty and boogery.

Rock Bottom
07-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Man. The point was to actually keep the shit going on CMPunk, not a big piss spray about HBPunk and shit. And stuff.

The Naitch
07-08-2011, 11:43 PM
He's off to Japan

I was hoping this angle would make this summer most memorable, but those fucking GLAAD faggots (aka HBPunk) had to ruin THE PARTY

This would've been the perfect build up for the proposed Triple H vs. CM Punk retirement match at SummerSlam. (Hunter would've 'retired', to convince Punk to stay/re-sign)

Innovator
07-08-2011, 11:49 PM
How many people actually bought Steele's fake post?

Shisen Kopf
07-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Those last pages in the other punk thread prove what I've been saying all along. Pro rasslin is serious f'n business. I had a great thread about it but someone closed it. I wonder whom? But anyway back to CM Punk. I hope he doesn't go to japan. Something about Japanese rasslin seems a bit off.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Where is this rumor about him going to Japan coming from?

Razzamajazz
07-09-2011, 12:11 AM
how many pages until this one gets closed?

What Would Kevin Do?
07-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm guessing it'll go until everyone starts acting like little bitches again.

Tazz Dan
07-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Just re-open the other one....

Tazz Dan
07-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Also I think we should have threads on Zack Ryder, CM Punk and Rock vs Cena stickied to save a new thread being started every second day. Just my opinion.

Razzamajazz
07-09-2011, 04:06 AM
like stickied threads will stop the new ones.....

just sayin

Xero
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Also I think we should have threads on Zack Ryder, CM Punk and Rock vs Cena stickied to save a new thread being started every second day. Just my opinion.

Zack Ryder will never, ever deserve a stickied thread.

Innovator
07-09-2011, 10:28 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS, BRO [/Tazz Dan]

Xero
07-09-2011, 10:33 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/LanceStorm005.jpg

Innovator
07-09-2011, 10:37 AM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DarGDt98zeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Testicle
07-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Where is this rumor about him going to Japan coming from?

During his promo he said that he would take the title to either ROH or New Japan Pro Wrestling.

I haven't seen NJ show interest, they already have a lot of foreigners. But maybe he could come in and do a tour or two.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-09-2011, 03:11 PM
During his promo he said that he would take the title to either ROH or New Japan Pro Wrestling.

I haven't seen NJ show interest, they already have a lot of foreigners. But maybe he could come in and do a tour or two.

Yeah, I was wondering if it was anything besides that. So he dropped NJPW's name, that doesn't mean he's going there. Pretty sure he just name dropped it because he's buddy buddy with MVP, and that's where he's wrestling. It's unlikely Punk's going to Japan long term. If he doesn't end back up in WWE, he'll be in ROH.

Testicle
07-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I disagree. At least NJ has the money to pay him. Does ROH have the money to pay someone like Punk?

I doubt Punk is a complete mark and would work for ROH simply to work for them.

captaincharismark
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I was hoping this angle would make this summer most memorable, but those fucking GLAAD faggots (aka HBPunk) had to ruin THE PARTY

That is perhaps the most ironic and ridicluous statement I have ever seen here. The angle itself has nothing to do with the IWC's opinion on any subject. If your enjoyment of an angle is based on someone else's opinion, I feel sorry for you. And saying GLAAD and faggots in the same sentence IMO should be nominated for "Ignorant Statement Of The Year". Yet another uneducated prick flaming ppl's opinion for no valid reason...

This would've been the perfect build up for the proposed Triple H vs. CM Punk retirement match at SummerSlam. (Hunter would've 'retired', to convince Punk to stay/re-sign)

A potentially good angle, but very unlikely. Why would HHH character wise give two shits whether CM Punk stayed or left? Not exactly upholding that "badass" HHH we were presented with at WM 26. If anything, HHH would face CM Punk to get revenge for the remarks he made about HHH and the McMahon family. The only likely part of your idea was HHH retiring...

HBPunk
07-09-2011, 04:15 PM
-CM Punk is off to Japan
-HBPunk is still a huge FAG
-And RASSLETAINMENT will never be an ART

CM Punk to Japan....lol
Jesus some people love talking about me (shiseNaitch)
it already is an art form :)

HBPunk
07-09-2011, 04:19 PM

I think someone has a closet wrapped around them. I get slated for saying you are homophobic when clearly you are, not only that but you have a real problem with your sexuality. And when i asked 'why do you hate gay people' you responded with a slur. Brilliant dude, you are a mess.

That is perhaps the most ironic and ridicluous statement I have ever seen here. The angle itself has nothing to do with the IWC's opinion on any subject. If your enjoyment of an angle is based on someone else's opinion, I feel sorry for you. And saying GLAAD and faggots in the same sentence IMO should be nominated for "Ignorant Statement Of The Year". Yet another uneducated prick flaming ppl's opinion for no valid reason...

Once again, Thank you sir. Im just happy not everyone on this site are as narrowminded and utterly dim witted like shiseNaitch are. 'rassletainment isnt art' you are a complete moron.

MoFo
07-09-2011, 04:22 PM
CM Punk = best promo guy ever?

Not an exaggeration IMO.

HBPunk
07-09-2011, 04:28 PM
cmon now flex, would you have posted this 4 weeks ago?

I think hes excellent on the stick but he's not YET as good as Rock, Austin, Michaels and James Ste....er HHH

Tazz Dan
07-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Zack Ryder will never, ever deserve a stickied thread.

:foc:

Volare
07-09-2011, 06:14 PM

owenbrown
07-09-2011, 06:32 PM
What the fuck did that dumbass HBJackoff say about Jeritron?

Volare
07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I think Jackoff told Jeritron to go fuck his mother.

MoFo
07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
cmon now flex, would you have posted this 4 weeks ago?

I think hes excellent on the stick but he's not YET as good as Rock, Austin, Michaels and James Ste....er HHH

Ya, the way he ran the Royal Rumble a couple of yrs ago was amazing too, and his commentary alone drew people in to watch nXt and Raw late last yr.

HBPunk
07-10-2011, 04:11 AM
I think HBAwesome told Jeritron to go fuck his mother.

Perhaps i did. But i would never say such a thing if he hadn't been such a prick to me first. All's fair game then. And if he gets upset at me, a guy who knows zero about him, then thats his problem.

Ya, the way he ran the Royal Rumble a couple of yrs ago was amazing too, and his commentary alone drew people in to watch nXt and Raw late last yr.

That was fucking brilliant at the rumble, i just wish he had gone on and won it but the majority of non internet fans woulda despised it and shat all over it. I think Punk and Jericho have a big future on commentary when the tights get hung up for good. Anyone remember the time King&Jr were taken out by Hassan and Daivari, Y2J called Raw on his own for about five or ten mins and it was awesome

What Would Kevin Do?
07-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I disagree. At least NJ has the money to pay him. Does ROH have the money to pay someone like Punk?

I doubt Punk is a complete mark and would work for ROH simply to work for them.

A. CM Punk likes wrestling. B. He has friends there. C. With the new deal, they can probably pay him a decent amount of money. D. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet he didn't mindlessly blow through what he earned in WWE. If half of what's been said about him is true, he probably saved up a lot of that money.

Also, CM Punk is the guy who while in OVW, under a WWE contract, went and wrestled at an ROH show because they had travel issues. He obviously has some loyalty.

erickman
07-10-2011, 09:46 AM
yeah an that new tv deal i think roh has the money to pay him. what i am wondering is why wwe is pushing roh, are we going to see vince and jim cornett shake hands on tv and get a cool roh-wwe angle.

Innovator
07-10-2011, 10:35 AM
CMPunk (https://twitter.com/#%21/CMPunk) CM Punk

“@sabrek_1983 (http://twitter.com/sabrek_1983): @CMPunk (http://twitter.com/CMPunk) dude would u plz give us a hint were u goin after july 17th?" CWA. Couch Wrestling AHPAT-MINT. (it's in BHASTEN)

Innovator
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
http://better-than-you.net/gallery/albums/CMPunkTwitter/normal_001.jpg

SammyG
07-11-2011, 11:40 PM
This storyline is incredible. Enough for me to definitely watch Money in the Bank this Sunday. Feels like wrestling when I was a kid, marking out for everything. Do you guys think there is a shot in hell of Punk walking out of Chicago with the belt? Is he actually done, or is there a deal that's already been worked out? PUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK

SammyG
07-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Also, what happened to the Raw thread?

GD
07-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Nice to see SammyG post in the wrestling forum. I am rooting for a CM Punk victory at MITB.

SammyG
07-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah, you know, I had said I was done watching, and I was. I tuned in to the ending of Raw a couple weeks ago just in time to see Punk cost Cena the match, then go off on that "shoot", and was instantly hooked. This is some Attitude era shit, it's great, that's the kind of shit I wanna watch, ya know? I am hoping for Punk to win as well, but it probably won't happen. If he really is leaving the company, no way Vince puts the title on him. Unless there is a deal already done, who knows? I think Cena is gonna get booed as loudly as he did in that ECW ppv when he faced RVD. Can't believe WWE hasn't turned him heel yet.

Aaronp43
07-12-2011, 12:11 AM
If wwe lets Cena keep his title after all this buildup to punk taking the belt and leavening.They should be shot in the head this is the best wwe has been in forever.Punk has been the best for a long time.Just wished this could have happened at WM it would have been epic!!!

Lock Jaw
07-12-2011, 12:11 AM
If Punk doesn't win, does Chicago riot? :shifty:

Stickman
07-12-2011, 12:13 AM
That'll be awesome if Punk wins the belt.

Aaronp43
OH YEAH!!!

CM Punk DONT GO
Punk is gonna win i bet.

SammyG
07-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Punk winning the belt= insanely high ratings for Raw the next day.

Rock Bottom
07-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Wondering if this is going to be something stupid like an STF-Screwjob where Cena comes out the next night saying he doesn't want anything to do with it and to take his belt back.

Then probably goes on to win it somehow within the next few months.

Trying not to think about it too much, actually!

Aguakate
07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Wondering if this is going to be something stupid like an STF-Screwjob where Cena comes out the next night saying he doesn't want anything to do with it and to take his belt back.

...Oh, please, NO...

...Cena coming out with that stupid sad face he puts on, cuts an emotional promo, and then hands the belt over...

...only to win it at the next PPV.

captaincharismark
07-12-2011, 01:43 AM

Let's hope not. I like the idea of a reverse Motreal Screwjob, but Cena has to fully turn heel in order to make it work. And from the response CM Punk got on RAW, it makes sense. Cena turning then playing dumb is the worst thing I could imagine. I'd rather see Punk win, then lose immediately to a MITB winner than a half assed heel turn from Cena.

I would rather see Cena do the screwjob and admit he's an asskisser and align himself with Vince. That would actually set up WM vs. The Rock, as it's more sensible to have a heel and face for that type of match. Also, it sets Punk up for a massive face reception when and if he were to return...

corywards
07-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Punk wins. Del Rio wins MITB, cashes in later that night and beats him.

#WINNING

Innovator
07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
#DUMDUM

Not you or the scenario, the phrase "Winning".

Indifferent Clox
07-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Punk wins and Daniel Bryan cashes in on punk, in ring of honor. Alberto cashes in on Christian who wins by dq and gets another title reign of like 5 mins

XL
07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
So, the winner of the SmackDown Briefcase cashes in on the Raw champ and the winner of the Raw briefcase cashes in on the SmackDown Champion?

Sounds about right.

Mr. Pierre
07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I have a feeling we'll all be disappointed once Punk loses cleanly, he bows out to the audience and the show goes off the air lol

captaincharismark
07-12-2011, 05:15 PM
So, the winner of the SmackDown Briefcase cashes in on the Raw champ and the winner of the Raw briefcase cashes in on the SmackDown Champion?

Sounds about right.

Unfortunately, that would be WWE's idea today of shock tv. Having both belts change hands and two superstars switch brands means actual effort?

Either way, I believe the CM Punk controversy has all been scripted from the beginning and is a clever way for him to leave. I guess at least this is one storyline that had everyone wondering if it's real or not. It would be great if he resigned, but at least if he doesn't maybe Cena will turn heel and give us one benefit from Punk leaving...

Fox
07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Vince is a genius. Punk is still going to leave on Sunday and he's still going to lose on Sunday, but Vince is using the real life animosity Punk has toward the WWE to build his PPV and ultimately make more money.

Rock Bottom
07-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I think you're right. But how will it happen? Are we really just going to see another stupid AA or STF end a match? Another one?

Fox
07-13-2011, 12:14 AM
How long has it been since the last Montreal screwjob reenactment? I could see the WWE going this route and having Vince call for the bell before Punk taps out, putting all the Chicago fans heat on himself instead of Cena. Then after Punk leaves, we get a few months worth of Cena versus McMahon storyline out of the thing, where Cena thinks what Vince did to Punk "was wrong", etc, and Vince wants to get the belt off of Cena.

Rock Bottom
07-13-2011, 12:25 AM
It's not revisiting that angle that worries me as much as the latter part of that - the Cena involvement. It would make me vomit. I would have to just start changing the channel when Cena mentioned this at all, if he remains a face.

Even if he turned heel, who would he really feud with besides The Rock? He could mow down what little faces they have but they would all seem like mismatches anyway. Heel is so very unlikely at this point, they've passed over the opportunity to do it effectively before. So if it is a screwjob, we're in for it.

It would be like a nice delicious cake with shit for frosting.

Rock Bottom
07-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Cena's promos are sometimes akin to Danny Tanner guiding his daughters through the woes of young life in Full House.

Disco Apocalypse
07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Vince is a genius. Punk is still going to leave on Sunday and he's still going to lose on Sunday, but Vince is using the real life animosity Punk has toward the WWE to build his PPV and ultimately make more money.

Vince IS a genuis... there's amazing hype leading up to the pay-per-view, followed by huge dissapointment when CM Punk loses and leaves, which in turn creates a massive void in the hearts of the WWE universe...

How do you fill that void?

Icecream.

It's all about the icecream and always has been. Vince is a fucking genuis :yes:

captaincharismark
07-13-2011, 02:31 PM
It's not revisiting that angle that worries me as much as the latter part of that - the Cena involvement. It would make me vomit. I would have to just start changing the channel when Cena mentioned this at all, if he remains a face.

Even if he turned heel, who would he really feud with besides The Rock? He could mow down what little faces they have but they would all seem like mismatches anyway. Heel is so very unlikely at this point, they've passed over the opportunity to do it effectively before. So if it is a screwjob, we're in for it.

It would be like a nice delicious cake with shit for frosting.

That pretty much sums up Cena's career.

The Naitch
07-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah I dunno if anybody else mentioned this but I'm convinced Punk is staying

Reason why he left was because he wasn't happy beig used right, he wasn't happy not being the focal point of the show, but now he is. Why would he wrestle in Rim Of Honor? He's already in the big show.

I hope he stays and retires Triple H and becomes this generations' Steve Austin, ushering the official end of the PG Era after SummerSlam.

Austin vs. Vince = Punk vs. Triple H

Cena vs. Punk = Mankind or Corporate Rock vs. Stone Cold

Lock Jaw
07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I like how we can't get through a thread without someone mentioning doing away with the PG Era.

The Naitch
07-14-2011, 12:05 AM
The PG Era will rest....in....peace

*GONG*

Disco Apocalypse
07-14-2011, 05:42 AM
The Attitude era started with an alcoholic. And it'll start again with... a guy who drinks pepsi :-\

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2011, 06:38 AM
I'm so very intrigued. I never thought Punk was leaving, simply because he was being pushed so hard and got to name drop places. If Punk wasn't leaving, then there's not such a big risk in it. What kind of splash would CM Punk joining forces once again with ROH make? Quite a large one, truthfully.

With Punk negotiating a contract with Vince, I found it interesting that even Phil Brooks the person seemingly wants to stay with the WWE. To clarify, I only read a transcript of what took place, but Punk basically wanted money, jets, etc. out of Vince. He wants to be a star. Cena then said Punk is being cheered now but will leave? Imagine if Punk won the WWE Title, but then DIDN'T leave the WWE. He used it as leverage to get a better contract, prove to Vince he can make money, and Cena could either be on the out, or still be around but Punk can "prove Cena is a phony," while ironically proving that he was a phony all along (great heel tactic). It'd be shades of their feud earlier in the year, but with higher stakes. This could even be compounded if Vince helped Punk win, thus screwing Cena out big time, with Vince being completely wrapped around Punk's devious finger.

Since Punk started this whole thing, I remember a promo he made to commence "The Summer of Punk" in ROH. He said something about being a snake in the grass. Once a snake, always a snake. Since a lot of Punk's stuff is borrowed from his ROH stint, is it beyond possibility that Punk and Vince are in cahoots, and they want Cena gone ("We need a new era!" - Vince), and Cena becomes the new renegade anti-hero?

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2011, 06:42 AM
I know people hate the mention of his name in angles, but imagine if Punk name-dropped Eddie Guerrero -- "A guy with all the talent in the world, but too immersed in drugs to ever be the top star." The heat would be massive, and people would actually be buzzing about where it would go.

Of course, there is also the chance that Punk becomes a big anti-hero, but I can't see a way that can come about of this angle right now. If Punk loses, he has to leave if he is going to look anything other than a liar. Unless Vince screws Punk, Cena is in on it, and Punk becomes the new top face of the WWE. But that is unlikely, right?

Innovator
07-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Punk makes a cameo on the Art of Wrestling podcast this week.

Rammsteinmad
07-14-2011, 08:20 AM
I see Punk leaving WWE and signing with OCW! The Future of Professional Wrestling!!!

RVDmark
07-14-2011, 09:14 AM
I still do not believe for 1 second that WWE/Vince would do all this for Punk if he was leaving Sunday night.

Lock Jaw
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I see Punk leaving WWE and signing with OCW! The Future of Professional Wrestling!!!

Hope this happens.

Aguakate
07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
It'd be awesome if they went ahead and had Punk win the Championship this Sunday, and he took the Title "hostage"...they could do something with that.

Rammsteinmad
07-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah, like take it to OCW! :wave:

What Would Kevin Do?
07-14-2011, 10:16 PM
This is now the official thread for all things of CM Punk goodness... If you post another thread about CM Punk outside of this one, I will kill you.

Tazz Dan
07-14-2011, 10:59 PM
So when I sticky this it's a bad idea, but when you do it's not. MOD ABUSE :mad:

What Would Kevin Do?
07-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey, I never said it was a bad idea. Don't abuse the mod abuse complaints!

Innovator
07-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Go Punk Go, Go Punk Go, Hey Chicago waddya say Punk is gonna win today

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2011, 02:11 AM
After watching the promo on RAW this week, I get a stronger vibe that Punk has actually already re-signed, and that McMahon costs John Cena the WWE Title to usher in his new era -- so he can become a billionaire again.

Am I naive?

FearedSanctity
07-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Although I do think he will be leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed.

All I know is either way, I win. He can go on to have great matches and find a way to continue this story in the indies, or the story could continue in WWE and who knows? Maybe lead to even better things

Although my money would be on them to fuck it up eventually, as usual

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Imagine this:

* Money in the Bank, a babyface wins the Money in the Bank Ladder Match on the RAW side. I think Kofi Kingston would make a fine choice to elevate, because I feel he's got the natural likeability and charisma to match appropriate ring skills and promo ability to fill the role; but a safer choice would probably be Rey Mysterio -- who is still capable of churning out great matches, and moves a lot of merchandise.

* CM Punk takes out Mysterio backstage prior to his WWE Title match. "There's no way you're taking my title from me tonight, Rey!"

* CM Punk and John Cena is the match we all expect it to be. Vince McMahon marches down to ringside. He orders the referee that this is a No Disqualification Match. He grabs a steel chair and Cena tells him "Not this way," and Vince backs off, but when Cena goes to pick up Punk, Vince nails him in the back with a steel chair. A GTS later and CM Punk is the new WWE Champion. Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler & Booker T don't know what to make of this. Vince then gets on the mic and screams in John Cena's face "You're fired!"

* On RAW, CM Punk and Vince McMahon come out together and Punk essentially lets us know he played us all for fools. He proved that we are fickle, will cheer or boo anybody, and have no clue what we really want -- something he and Vince understand completely. Vince says that he and John Cena were never friends. He and Stone Cold Steve Austin were never friends. He and The Rock were never friends. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan? Never friends. He saw them all the same way he sees John Cena -- as an investment. But WWE stock is down, PPV buyrates are down and television ratings are down. The man that helped him realise that is CM Punk -- a bankable man if there ever was one. The Cena era is over, and the Punk era begins! Punk says that this current WWE Title belt is against everything he believes in, and represents an era so corrupt it needs to be purged. He tosses down the current belt, and unveils a new one. Vince and Punk shake hands, and Punk assures us "Don't worry. You'll all be cheering me again whenever I decide to get on this microphone and tell you that I was only using this old bastard."

* John Cena then rushes through the crowd and jumps the barricade, but security immediately jumps on him. Punk tells him that this isn't a Nexus-style firing. This is for real, John. You're done. Security is holding Cena and Punk nails him in the head with the WWE Title belt as Cena is unable to defend himself. Punk then tells security to let him have it, and they beat-down Cena. Punk then tells them to take Cena to the top of the stage. Punk says that this is all his now, and tells Cena to get the hell out of his company. He then tosses Cena off the stage.

* Cena gets the time he needs to rest up his injuries, before finding a way back into the company to challenge Punk and McMahon, while Punk goes on a tear as the biggest heel in the WWE for a long time.

Rock Bottom
07-15-2011, 05:07 AM
So what is everyone most afraid will happen on Sunday in contrast to your hopes?

The worst thing I can think of is just total abandonment with some big fat AA pinfall, Punk leaving, and Cena saluting and running down to the ring turbo charged on RAW, cutting a promo about how he hustled, loyaltied and respected during the whole CM Punk issue and then accepting Dolph Ziggler's challenge for the WWE Title at SummerSlam.

Tazz Dan
07-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Why is this unstickied now?

seapig4
07-15-2011, 05:58 AM
I know this probably is in another post somewhere but do you guys think that punk may leave and then "invade" wwe with colt and the kings of wrestling?

I don't really think it will happen and personally think that punk will be gone for at least a year to get some R and R, but after reading reports of the big E's possible interest in these guys it seems like an idea the E could use.

Londoner
07-15-2011, 05:59 AM
There's an "OFFICIAL" Punk thread for a reason.

seapig4
07-15-2011, 06:54 AM
There's an "OFFICIAL" Punk thread for a reason.

Couldn't be bothered to look sorry

Tom Guycott
07-15-2011, 07:02 AM
I know this probably is in another post somewhere but do you guys think that punk may leave and then "invade" wwe with colt and the kings of wrestling?

I don't really think it will happen and personally think that punk will be gone for at least a year to get some R and R, but after reading reports of the big E's possible interest in these guys it seems like an idea the E could use.

Answer:

I see this a little differently. It's time to cue up:

[wishful thinking] Punk does "leave", in the same manner that Daniel Bryan was "fired". He takes the belt (i'm not going to paraphrase Vince Russo from Bash at the Beach again, but you get the idea) and we don't see it again. He gives it that re-design he touched on in tonight's promo gold. Possibly chucks the spinner off the "Roody-Poo Bridge".

Punk actually gets to "leave" with the belt in the way Heyman described the "Sandman's blind" angle, where Sandman stayed home to sell it. He gets to defend it in a way similar to how the whole Tazz/Awesome thing went down over the ECW belt. This sells he's actually "gone from WWE", gets the internets abuzzed with "how much of this is a shoot?" and an "embarassed" Vinnie Mac eventually "re-signs" Punk, Cabana, and possibly by the sounds of things, The Kings of Wrestling.

Cena gets "fired" (read: they finally give their workhorse a well deserved gorram vacation) to have The Rock come back, close to next year's Wrestlemania, of course, to get him "re-hired" for that match.

And we see a return of the WWE Ice Cream Bars. [/wishful thinking]

Londoner
07-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Couldn't be bothered to look sorry

Was only the first thread on the page! But whateva.

Innovator
07-15-2011, 04:08 PM
CM Punk Interview with GQ. Everyone read it.

GQ: One of the things you said last night was that you made the WWE socially relevant, that the only times it's socially relevant are when you're talking and when somebody dies. Do you care to expand on that?
C.M. Punk: I think pro wrestling—for some reason, our company doesn't like to call it that, but that's what it is, so that's what I call it—it doesn't seem to get a lot of mainstream attention until somebody dies. There's a negative connotation to that, but Randy Savage just passed away of natural causes. The poor guy was driving his car, and he had a heart attack. I think that was the last time we got any mainstream attention. And then all eyes are on the program, to see whether they're going to do a memorial. Are they going to forget about this guy? Are they going to pretend he didn't contribute to their product? It's not just the negative stuff with stupid wrestlers dying in stupid ways. Savage was all over ESPN. Local news reported it. It was a big news story. They don't report what happens on every other "Monday Night Raw."

GQ: Why do you think that is?
C.M. Punk: Pro wrestling has always been ingrained into American culture. It was one of the first things that was ever on television, so everybody watched it. Countless people tell me, "I got into wrestling because my grandfather watched it." It was always there. No matter how much people want to pretend that they're embarrassed by it, that they don't watch it, everybody knows about it. It's truly, I believe, one of the only art forms that America has actually given to the world, besides jazz and comic books. The media, no offense, likes to latch onto negative stuff. They're not going to report that—there's no truth to this story; I'm just using it as an example—that John Cena and his wife just had an eight-pound baby. But you'd better believe that if somebody dies, they're going to report it.

GQ: But when a story comes along that captures people's imagination, like what you're doing now, it does become relevant. How does that not happen more often?
C.M. Punk: That is a fantastic question. I don't have the answer. If it happened more often, it wouldn't be as special, right? I hear a lot of people compare what I did three weeks ago to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Everyone's just waiting for that next polarizing character. I think that's why this worked. I've been saying I'm that guy for five years. Different people are afforded different opportunities. I've been given some awesome opportunities, and I feel that I've always knocked them out of the park. But I've always been scaled back after that. This time, the genesis of it is that I'm leaving. I'm done. I'm tired. "What are they going to do, fire me?" That's been my attitude for months and months now. That finally resonated through the television screen. And that's something that everyone in this economic world can 100% relate to.

GQ: Is that parallel to Austin why you wore a Stone Cold Steve Austin T-shirt when you were delivering that promo?
C.M. Punk: I do a lot of weird little things like that because people talk about it. I don't think it's any secret; I think the biggest match any wrestling company can do right now is C.M. Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. I've thought that since I was 15. I'm straight edge. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't smoke. And that is the perfect protagonist or antagonist to Stone Cold Steve Austin, depending on how you want to spin it. It writes itself. You would have to try really, really hard to fuck that one up. The idea of being on television is to wear your T-shirt so people see it and maybe buy it. I had gone out previously in the night and wrestled. You throw your T-shirt on the ground, and I don't know what the hell happens to it after that. I came to the back, and I was looking for another T-shirt. I sent somebody to go and get one, and they came back with a XXL. I was like, "I'm going to be swimming in this thing." And it's always creepy when you're wearing wrestling trunks with a shirt because it doesn't look like you're wearing any pants. I had a Stone Cold Steve Austin shirt in my bag, and it fit me. I chuckled to myself and put it on. Am I planting seeds? I don't know. I can't guarantee to anybody that that match is going to happen. Do I want it to happen? Absolutely.

GQ: In pro wrestling in general and especially with you right now, it's hard to tell how much of what's on TV is a storyline and how much of it is actually happening. But you're really done with the company for now?
C.M. Punk: How much is real? That's 100% real. That's not to say that there are still not negotiations. It's not like I'm leaving and they're like, "Good. Go fuck yourself." I think that's why this whole thing works. I'm not doing my job if people are like, "What you do is fake." And literally people on the street are confused, generally, for the first time. That's a great thing. The funny part about it is that you're going to have your staunchest critic who says that it's all scripted. It's not! Dusty Rhodes told me a long time ago that the best promos come from the heart. You watch anybody who's ever cut a meaningful promo, and it means something to them. Everything I've said isn't somebody else's words that they put on paper. They tend to hand me things like, "Here, say this," and I'm not saying any of it. If I went out there and laid an egg, if what I did was boring TV and nobody cared and nobody was talking about it, somebody would probably be pissed off. But I went out there and seemingly turned the place on its ear, and I have yet to hear one negative thing about any of it. I don't really think Vince McMahon cares. The bottom line is making money. I'd like to think that that's what I did. Whether it's real or not is almost irrelevant, but I think people can see through it and realize that yeah, this guy's pissed off, this guy's fed up. They can relate to that.

GQ: Are you at all surprised at the enormity of the reaction?
C.M. Punk: Yeah. I'd like to go out there and do that all the time, but that's just not the case. So to actually strike that nerve is tremendous. Right after that night in Vegas, we hit the ground running. We flew to Australia the next day, and that's a 15-hour flight, so that's 15 hours of everybody talking about what I did. And when I landed in Australia, I wasn't really turning my phone on because of the roaming charges. People started emailing me and texting me. Jim Rome wants me on his show, and all these ESPN people are talking about it. Bill Simmons is writing about it. I wasn't on the nine o'clock news or anything like that, but it seems like I made it socially relevant for the first time in a very long time.

GQ: You've talked a lot about your treatment within the WWE and the way the company generally runs. How could it be done better?
C.M. Punk: A lot of the people who are in charge—and this isn't a negative thing—are old. They have a wealth of experience, yes, but there's no youth that's involved in anything. The youngest people there are all performers. I don't envy their job, trying to get inside somebody's head and figure out who they are and what their character is. It's a nerve-racking thing when you first get there. If you're like me, this was your dream job; you worked 13 years to get to where you are. The normal course of action is mouth shut, eyes and ears open, not stepping on toes. But that's how you get ahead. A squeaky wheel gets the grease. If something sucks, I've always been completely vocal about it, and I've been punished many, many times because of that. But I don't think I'd be in the spot I'm in right now if I wasn't me. I've always just been me. I don't think we should be looking externally for talent; there's plenty of guys and girls in house that are super-talented that we don't do enough with. A guy like Evan Bourne, who's a fantastic high-flyer, does the most fantastic stuff on the roster. I could go on: Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Beth Phoenix. There's Nattie Neidhart, Tyson Kidd. Tyson Kidd is a fantastic wrestler, maybe not the greatest promo. So let's help him. Let's teach him to get better instead of signing someone from Europe who failed at Euro football. I could talk about this forever. Part of it is that there's no territories; there's no place for people to learn. And the places that people can learn aren't the best, and they're completely looked down upon. Like independent wrestling. It's easy to shit on people from a great height, but it's another thing to pull them aside and try to impart knowledge. And I've been on the other side of the coin where I try to help somebody out and they blow me off like they know everything.

GQ: When you say you've been punished, what does the company do?
C.M. Punk: We have dress code violations. For a while, the big thing was that people who wear suits get ahead. I'm not a suit and tie kind of guy. I wear a suit once a year, for the Hall of Fame, or if I have to go to a funeral or something. It's just not me. And I think our travel is ridiculous enough. When we go overseas, it's sometimes two flights to get to where we're going, a three-hour bus ride, and then you're in a hotel for four or five hours. You have to eat and try to work out, and you're lugging your bags around. And you're getting the crap beat out of you on a nightly basis. The last thing I'm worried about is wearing nice, uncomfortable shoes. I've never worn a dress show that's been comfortable. I've always just worn dress shoes. On more than one occasion, I've heard that a champion should dress like a champion. But I'm a champion because of who I am. Who I am is not that guy. If everybody wears three-piece suits, everyone looks the same. When you hear "C.M. Punk," what do you think of? I'm covered in tattoos. For a while there, I had a crazy hobo beard. And you want me to shatter that illusion I'm projecting by wearing an Armani suit? Not only am I not that guy; that doesn't make sense business-wise for me.

GQ: When somebody like you comes from the indies, how do you even get a shot in the company at all?
C.M. Punk: I'm a very goal-oriented person. In 2004, I was working for [independent wrestling company] Ring of Honor. I didn't create the place, but I'm proud to say I'm one of the guys that made it a hell of a place to work, for young guys to learn. We did a lot of awesome stuff there, and I helped out. And I was really bored. I'd done everything: Been to Japan, been to Puerto Rico, wrestled in Europe. Every company that I was ever in, I'd become their champion. And I have a very strong bond to the old school. I'm friends with a lot of legendary wrestlers that I respect, like Harley Race. I look at what they did, and what they did is so drastically different to what an independent wrestler did in 2004. Me and my friend Colt Cabana were working four days a week, which is insane and unheard of. But then you look at guys like Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair, who wrestled every day of the week, twice on Saturday, and twice on Sunday. I craved that. I always said that I was born 20 years late; I would've thrived in the territory days. But I was bored. I needed something new. I set the bar high: Working with the WWE. I figured out that if I went to work there then, they'd say I'm not big enough, so I kicked my own ass and got into mega-shape. I ordered my own gear. They contacted me, and I said, "Give me three months to get into shape, so when I go there, you can't say no." That's what I did. In any situation, the cream rises to the top. I didn't have an easy go of it; they hired me and sent me into their developmental system. But I've always worked my ass off. I'm never satisfied. It's like that now; that's what keeps driving me. And I think that's how I worked here, because I don't take no for an answer.

GQ: When you look back at your time with the WWE, what were your proudest moments?
C.M. Punk: I will always say that my proudest moment was just being C.M. Punk. When I started wrestling in the backyard with my buddies, I was C.M. Punk. When we didn't know anything about the wrestling business and decided that we needed to run shows because we were awesome, when we built a wooden ring and eventually bought a ring and started running shows—these untrained goofballs that we all were—I was obsessed with being the best wrestler. I think it's an awesome story, that I've been C.M. Punk since I was 15, and that I went from rolling around in the backyard to Wrestlemania. I'm extremely proud of that. I've always been me. The last three weeks of my career, I've cut some of the best promos I've ever cut, and I do consider myself to be a promo guy. Winning the Heavyweight Title for the first time, when I cashed in on Edge, was awesome. The fact that I can work with anybody, from Undertaker to Big Show to Rey Mysterio.

I don't want to sound egotistical, but I'm egotistical to an extent. If you're in this business and you don't think that you're the best, or want to be the best, then I don't know what you're doing. I would never be happy with just coming to TV tapings, not working house shows, and just getting by, staying in the shadows. I'm proud of the fact that I can turn chickenshit to chicken salad.

GQ: What are some of your lowest moments in the company?
C.M. Punk: I'm not Superman. Eventually, the grind gets to you. If you're away from your friends, you're not traveling with anyone you like, and you're doing stuff that doesn't creatively stimulate you, that's when it becomes a job. Sometimes, I think it's easy to see who's talented and what works. Oftentimes, they go the other way, and that's frustrating. I was really bummed when Cabana got fired. I didn't feel like it was my fault, but maybe there was something that I could've or should've done to prevent it. He's a super-talented guy. I'm brutally honest; he knows that. I can look at him and be like, "Maybe trim up, work out harder, do more cardio." But when he's in the ring, he's the most entertaining guy. A company slogan is "We put smiles on people's faces." That's what that guy does, and he does it with his wrestling style. It's amazing. I was so bummed when he got fired because I want the best for my friends. If I could somehow trade places with him, I probably would, just so he could experience what I have. He deserves it. My buddy Luke Gallows got fired; that sucked. I was with the company when Chris Benoit's murder/suicide went down; that was a pretty fucking low point in everyone's life. I still can't explain that one. A lot of people don't like to talk about it. It still blows my mind.

Professionally, what bums me out is not feeling like they ever really got behind me. My fan base, how I became popular, was really despite them. It was very organic. Instead of giving me the ball and letting me run with it, they would give me the ball to keep it warm for somebody else. I always just want to be the guy.

GQ: When you finished up your big promo and went backstage, what was the atmosphere?
C.M. Punk: Gorilla position is our central base of operation, right behind the curtain. It's called that because that's where Gorilla Monsoon, a legendary wrestler, used to sit and watch all the matches. That's where the wrestlers come in and out. I cut that promo, and my mic was cut off. I knew we were on the air, and it didn't make sense for me to walk back through there. There was going to be a lot of angry people waiting for me. So I jumped off the ramp, double birds in the air: "Fuck this place, I'm leaving." I walked out a side ramp, and I actually walked past this gigantic group of people who were all waiting at the bottom of the stairs in Gorilla to see me coming out. I walked out and got to see everyone's legit reaction. It wasn't like, "Oh, he's coming," stone-faced. I walked behind people, and they had their hands on their heads, eyes wide open, looking around like, "Did you hear that?" I loved it. It couldn't have been any better. If I can do that with employees, I was immediately thinking that maybe we did that with the live audience. And you couple that with the millions of people watching on television throughout the world—somebody in Egypt is probably sitting their, hands on their head, mouth wide open, calling their friends. By the time I left the ramp and got to my phone, I had more than 200 text messages. It's a great feeling.

GQ: What kind of reactions have you gotten from your co-workers?
C.M. Punk: Nothing but positive stuff. Everybody wants to say what I said. There's a lot of unrest. There are a lot of people who are unhappy. I don't want to say I'm their hero, but a lot of people have said that. It's not like we work for a tyrant. It's like this in every job, I think. There's certain people who are afforded privileges and maybe, maybe don't deserve them.

GQ: When you do these promos, you weave in a lot of subtle references and inside jokes. Do you plan all these out?
C.M. Punk: No. Planning stuff out sucks. If you plan stuff out, you wind up talking in a very monotonous, unnatural way. For some reason, talking is easy for me. Practice does make perfect; I've been doing it for a while. Being out there in a high-pressure situation with a live audience and a live TV camera on you, it brings something out. It's very organic. Obviously, I think about what I'm going to say. But no matter what I think I'm going to say, Vince McMahon or whoever I'm out there with could say something, and it would have zero relevance to what he just said. I don't know an actor in Hollywood that could do what we do. For all of our superstars and divas who need improvement, they're still light years ahead of anybody in Hollywood. I don't think you could grab a Tom Hanks, and five minutes before he's supposed to go on television, hand him a five-page script. That's a meltdown. It's what I do. I can't explain it, really.

GQ: It was interesting watching you talk with McMahon. There seemed to be a little feeling-out period for the first couple of minutes...
C.M. Punk: And then it opened wide. I've always wanted to be in the ring to do stuff with Vince; I don't think there's anything bigger than that. But I've never been given that opportunity. So I'm not slowing down. Last night was that situation. I was going to go out there and do nothing but hit a grand slam.

GQ: Is he someone you feel comfortable talking to?
C.M. Punk: Yeah. He intimidates a lot of people. I'm certainly not intimidated, but he does have a very strong presence. If you ask for five minutes, he'll say he's got a TV show to write. But he's not really blowing you off. He's got a TV show to write. Only a few people can really command his attention, and I certainly couldn't do that when I first got here. I can definitely do that now.

GQ: What made you demand the return of WWE Ice Cream Bars last night?
C.M. Punk: If I have Vince McMahon over a barrel and he wants me to re-sign—If I'm Carmelo Anthony or LeBron James, everybody wants me, I can get whatever I want, and I'm this prick douchebag—I'm going to ask for ridiculous stuff. The idea came from those crazy rock and roll riders: "I need a football field of green M&Ms." But I actually love those ice cream bars, and I would love to see them come back. And I'm always trying to crack up whoever I'm in the ring with. I think Vince subscribes to that theory, too. He's calling me "Phil." But that's the chemistry. It's just fun.

GQ: You always hear backstage stories, like about people like the Undertaker or John Bradshaw Leyfield being hardasses who keep everyone in line. What do you think your reputation is backstage?
C.M. Punk: I don't know, and I would hate to assume. I would love to find out, though. Obviously, guys like Bradshaw and the Undertaker have been with the company for decades, and they're good at what they do. They don't suck. They're fucking awesome; that's why they're here. If they have something to say, I would like to think that somebody's going to listen. I'd imagine I fall somewhere in between hardass godfather type and the who-the-fuck-does-this-kid-think-he-is guy. There's a lot of times when I'm throwing a fit because everyone has completely destroyed the locker room. I'm in these locker rooms more often than I'm sitting in my living room. To get back from working a main event match, where you're hungry and tired and hurt, and everyone's already left the building, there's luggage bag-tags, half-eaten food, sweaty wrist-tape, shit strewn all about—I'm that guy who says, "Hey everybody, we're going to have a meeting, and I'm going to tell you to clean up the fucking locker room." It never gets done; it's one of those things. I would think that is the genesis of adapting a leadership role in the WWE. I don't think the Undertaker was like that when he first got here. Imagine him when he first walked in the building. There's Jake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, Hulk Hogan, all these guys. They're probably looking at him like, "Who's this new kid? I gotta put him over tonight?" I'm sure he was quiet, too. But then eventually, all these people fall to the wayside. I'm the old guy on the road now. We were just in Australia, and somebody on the babyface bus comes up to me and says, "Cena was at an appearance this morning, so do you know who was on the babyface bus with the most seniority? Kelly Kelly." Your ascension as a locker-room leader is one of those things that naturally happens. I would like to think that, instead of being the guy who yells at them to pick shit up, maybe they look at me as a leader. But maybe that's premature in my career.

GQ: So there's really a babyface bus and a heel bus?
C.M. Punk: Absolutely.

GQ: Which one has the better atmosphere?
C.M. Punk: I don't know, depends on who you ask. The business has changed a lot. It used to be about bragging rights between the buses, about who partied harder. Now, I'm the only heel who's awake on the bus; everybody is passed out asleep. I can only comment on the heel bus. I wouldn't set foot on that other bus.

GQ: Who do you hang out with on the bus?
C.M. Punk: I miss Luke Gallows. There's really nobody I hang out with on the bus.

GQ: In Australia, somebody caught you on camera calling a ringside fan a "homo." When it went public, you apologized for it immediately. What brought that on?
C.M. Punk: It was just me doing my job, being a bad guy. I'm glad you mentioned something. When I saw that TMZ picked it up, because what a salacious story, I was legit embarrassed. My best friend Chez, ever since I have known her, has tried to curb anyone around her from using any gay slur. It's something that slipped out, more in reference to the guy's faux-hawk. It's not like he said anything that made me mad. It was just a back-and-forth that everybody was enjoying until I slipped and said something that could potentially damage somebody. I wasn't proud of it. I have gay friends, and sitting there in Australia, I was immediately thinking, "What are they going to say? Are they going to be disappointed?" Before I even talked to anybody in the office, I went to Twitter, and I apologized. It wasn't a public relations statement. It was just that I fucked up.

GQ: Now that you're ending your time with the WWE, do you have any plans for the future?
C.M. Punk: I have no plans. Cabana was fired on a Friday and wrestling on a Saturday. That is not going to be me. I haven't talked to anybody. Nobody's contacted me. I'm positive that people will try to contact me on Monday, but I just want to sit on my couch. That's kind of the idea. I've been doing this for a long time with no break. Especially over the last year, I had an elbow surgery and narrowly avoided hip surgery, so all my downtime's been used up by rehabbing so I can get back in the ring. And I never missed a beat; I was doing commentary with my cracked-up hip. That wears on you after a while. I'm looking forward to not setting an alarm, not flying anywhere, not having a schedule. I think everyone's dream is to do nothing. I want to have time off and not be injured. I want it to be summer vacation, where I don't have anything to do for three months. I can do anything.

GQ: Are you set for life? Could you never work again?
C.M. Punk: I don't know if this sounds bad, but I am set, yeah. I don't spend my money. I don't buy cars or have an expensive drug habit. The only thing I've ever bought with the money I've made is my house. My car was paid for in 2005. I don't like having debts. I don't like buying anything that I can't buy in cash. I didn't have a credit card until about a year ago. I'm not going to say I'm fortunate, because I've sacrificed a whole ton, but I'm set.

GQ: Does that have any appeal for you? Never working again?
C.M. Punk: No. Everybody jokes with me that I'm going to go crazy in the first week, and maybe I am. But maybe that's what I need to experience. I've never not done this, whether it was because I needed to pay bills or because I was so passionate and obsessed about it. But I think I'm reaching a point where I can step away and where I need to step away for a while.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201107/cm-punk-wwe-wrestling-interview#ixzz1SCrddmYR

Rammsteinmad
07-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Interesting read. This whole reputation he has of being 'honest' certainly shows in how he handles himself.

I'm gonna wait until Sunday to see what happens. The stuff he said about sitting around doing nothing sounds legit, but at the same time this is CM fuckin' Punk. The guy isn't stupid, and that could just as easily be him further playing into the whole 'I'm done with WWE' thing.

Poit
07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
We were just in Australia, and somebody on the babyface bus comes up to me and says, "Cena was at an appearance this morning, so do you know who was on the babyface bus with the most seniority? Kelly Kelly."

I don't know why I'm finding this so funny. :lol:

Emperor Smeat
07-15-2011, 09:32 PM
GQ: You've talked a lot about your treatment within the WWE and the way the company generally runs. How could it be done better?
C.M. Punk: A lot of the people who are in charge—and this isn't a negative thing—are old. They have a wealth of experience, yes, but there's no youth that's involved in anything. The youngest people there are all performers. I don't envy their job, trying to get inside somebody's head and figure out who they are and what their character is. It's a nerve-racking thing when you first get there. If you're like me, this was your dream job; you worked 13 years to get to where you are. The normal course of action is mouth shut, eyes and ears open, not stepping on toes. But that's how you get ahead. A squeaky wheel gets the grease. If something sucks, I've always been completely vocal about it, and I've been punished many, many times because of that. But I don't think I'd be in the spot I'm in right now if I wasn't me. I've always just been me. I don't think we should be looking externally for talent; there's plenty of guys and girls in house that are super-talented that we don't do enough with. A guy like Evan Bourne, who's a fantastic high-flyer, does the most fantastic stuff on the roster. I could go on: Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Beth Phoenix. There's Nattie Neidhart, Tyson Kidd. Tyson Kidd is a fantastic wrestler, maybe not the greatest promo. So let's help him. Let's teach him to get better instead of signing someone from Europe who failed at Euro football. I could talk about this forever. Part of it is that there's no territories; there's no place for people to learn. And the places that people can learn aren't the best, and they're completely looked down upon. Like independent wrestling. It's easy to shit on people from a great height, but it's another thing to pull them aside and try to impart knowledge. And I've been on the other side of the coin where I try to help somebody out and they blow me off like they know everything.

I wonder if this is actually something Vince worries about as well since the future plans is to hand the company off to Steph and Triple H but at the same time they won't have their own group they can develop and need to rely on an ever-growing older base for experience. It would give them instant experience but at the same time lacks fresh ideas or stuck in the old-style for wrestling.

Triple H already copied one thing from Vince with the idea of only having 1 masked wrestler to sell masks and pander to the Lucha or Hispanic markets instead of having a few masked wrestlers as insurance in case one gets hurt like Mysterio did a lot recently.

TNA also has the exact same problem so its not just a WWE issue with them only relying on both older wrestlers and management/writers for experience.

The Naitch
07-16-2011, 12:44 AM
I believe it when Punk says he will be gone for a while

:(

Rock Bottom
07-16-2011, 02:36 AM
He put his money where his mouth is so far. My first idea of his refusing to want to sign and complaints about not feeling treated well enough was that he was just being burnt out, bitter and unrealistic. Now he cuts a promo (not that he hasn't done anything else that was good) and just launches this enormous buzz and angle, has everyone paying attention.

Not bad at all. He was pretty accurate when he said he was in touch with what fans actually like. Always gave the guy credit, but now he's just undeniably great. Especially when he's coming across as a diamond in the rough. Even in the attitude era that so many of us cling to, this would have stood out.

Point being, if he is gone, even if it's just for a while, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a guy whose goal in life/entire job damn near is to harass CM Punk about signing back with the WWE. He talked a lot about wanting to be the best, be the guy. You don't do that with your thumb up your ass in your living room, rich or not. I believe him when he says he wants it, and I hope after time off he'll just say fuck it and come back with a lot more bargaining power and do more great things.

I sure as fuck hope he ends up as a creative guy when he's too old to wrestle, on an off note. It'd be a nice thing to look forward to, whatever the climate then. And if we're really going to be super old men that still watch wrestling.

XL
07-16-2011, 04:36 AM
He should take time out...and write an autobiography.

Shadrick
07-16-2011, 05:31 AM
I had a dream that it went down like this.

Kofi wins money in the bank for the reasons Noid said.

Punk/Cena have a great match. Punk is put in the STF and Vince runs down and orders them to ring the bell. Punk is screwed. Vince is elated, Cena looks sort of shocked, Punk looks dejected.

Vince is happy as shit, thinking he's got one over on Punk. Punk begins to leave the ring, when he turns around and is laughing almost hysterically. Punk gets on a microphone in the middle of the ramp, all while walking backwards up it slowly, and says "I bet you think you won, didn't you Vince? You think I really give a shit about that title? If it wasn't going with me, It was gonna go into the hands of one of the voiceless. One of the people like me that put up with your shit, only in hopes to grab one of those imaginary brass rings. If I won, I'd leave with the title. But in the event that I lost...well....say hello to my insurance policy."

And thats when Kofi's music hits. He walks out slowly with the case, and gives a nod to Punk, his former tag partner with Nexus behind for enforcement. Nexus incapacitates McMahon so there would be no second screwjob. Cena tries to get his little Superman burst of energy but to no avail. Kofi reverses the Attitude Adjustment. SOS. Kofi is the champion. Punk put over his old tag partner on the way out, one of the voiceless as well that he didn't mention.

Next night on Raw, Kofi comes out, similar to Jack Swaggers demeanor after he won the title. Still happy Kofi, but def a bit more serious with that belt. His new music was:

<object width="100" height="100"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QRHlfdxryI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QRHlfdxryI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="100" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I woke up like "fuck, i wish it would go down like that"

Xero
07-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned outside of activating it immediately, but I could easily see them running an angle where Punk walks out with the title and Vince firing Cena on the spot. Then Monday on RAW, after Vince had been in meetings with lawyers all day, he announces that despite Punk not having a contract with WWE, the contract he signed for the match included the rematch clause, and Punk is required to give John Cena his rematch.

And right there you have your SummerSlam main event. You don't even need to have Punk show up on RAW. You could have him no-selling Vince for a while, through no-showing rematches on RAW and whatnot, then have a video surface online of Punk cutting a promo about it. I wouldn't even have Punk live in the arena until SummerSlam.

And it would basically be a "do or die" situation again. If Cena loses, he's fired, because there are no more loop holes. If Punk wins, he's allowed to walk.

Of course, this would all lead into the aforementioned screw job angle at SummerSlam, where it's revealed that Punk has been in on it with Vince this whole time.

Honestly, there's no way to bring Punk back unless he's in cahoots with Vince. Well, they can ignore it, but there's no GOOD way to do it. After all he's said, it'd look really shitty with him just returning randomly at the Rumble or something.

Unless Punk is leaving for good, Punk eventually has to be in on it with Vince. Maybe not at SummerSlam, but it eventually has to happen.

CSL
07-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I believe we are simply going to see Cena pin or submit Punk, maybe even physically remove him from the building and TPWW is going to have a meltdown for the ages

Londoner
07-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I believe we are simply going to see Cena pin or submit Punk, maybe even physically remove him from the building and TPWW is going to have a meltdown for the ages

yup

Xero
07-16-2011, 07:11 PM
LET ME DREAM FOR ANOTHER 27 HOURS DAMN YOU!

:'(

Londoner
07-16-2011, 07:13 PM
LET ME DREAM FOR ANOTHER 26 HOURS DAMN YOU!

CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS CENA WINS

(this will haunt you in your dreams after sunday, count on it!)

Xero
07-16-2011, 07:33 PM
From Chavo's Twitter:

Ok, don’t “Fin” say that ppl will talk about this for years if you’re going to let Punk do all the work and not deliver at the PPV, Cena. I am tired and I know fans are tired of WWE Superstars talking big and not delivering. We don’t want to see some1 just in a fight. And frankly no1 believes it anymore. If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass, so plz deliver if u say that Ppl will remember this PPV. U know Punk will bring “it”. I’ve been in the ring with both of u & Punk has “it”. Cena u have mic skills yes But if u think ppl believe your BS lazy comeback that u do exactly the same every match then u are mistaken. Eddie & I taught u different. We never said “get lazy” & do the dame thing every night. We always said” think out of the box” & give the fans what they deserve & not rely on the “machine”to ” get u over”. I hope this lights a fire under your ass & U deliver this Sunday. Dont just rest on U being over cuz u are & that is easy. Challenge yourself & give the fans what they deserve. That’s why they boo u. Because they aren’t stupid. They know what The sacrifice of the fans trust is not worth it. Deliver on your fans & deliver on why U got into this business.Eventually the fans that U have gained with from the purple t-shirts will turn on U. Take a lesson from the Hulkster. Give the fans there $ worth and dont become Just Another “promo” guy. I know u love this biz & dont get distracted from the McMahon $. Deliver plz!! Have enough respect for your fans Cuz without them, you’re working at a fast food chain. Love u man & I support u & hope u see this cuz I know Punk will & I know he’s going to bring it cuz he’s got nothing to lose!

CSL
07-16-2011, 07:52 PM
LET ME DREAM FOR ANOTHER 27 HOURS DAMN YOU!

I think we could definitely see Punk over and then a cash in. I think anything else is wishful thinking however. That said, none of it is wishful thinking like DAMN iNATOR who has Cena tapping out to the Anaconda Vice

Xero
07-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah, honestly, I don't see Punk walking out with the title. I do see him winning it, but they'll get it off him somehow. And if they don't at the PPV, it'll be on RAW for sure.

tjmidnight420
07-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I think Punk's taking a Jericho type break (as in the first time.) He'll come back to wrestling because he loves wrestling, and sadly his art reaches the most people where he's at now. I know it won't go down in any spectacular way, and Chavo's probably right on with how the match is gonna end, but for perfect booking they should do it this way (in my opinion):

Heels win both MiTB matches. The main event comes up, and it's allotted a nice chunk of time, but not too much because we all know what happens when Cena gets too much time. Vince winds up at ringside to see Cena tap to the Vice. Vince immediately fires Cena and says that he expected that to happen.

Cue the Raw MiTB winner's music. After another hard fought battle Punk pulls out the win, and Vince is irate. "Alright.. I kind of expected that too." Cue the SD! MiTB winner's music as Vince pulls his shirt and jacket off to reveal a referee shirt. This match ends with Punk's opponent laid out after taking the GTS and Vince refuses to make the count. Punk grabs the belt and leaves through the crowd.

The next night on Raw Vince announces that since Punk didn't finish the last match he's being stripped of the title. Vince announces a tournament that will end at Summerslam to crown a new WWE champion. Cena is thrown into the tournament due to his rematch clause with the stipulation that if he loses he wont be back. The Rock costs Cena the win at Summerslam but makes it a point to let Vince know that their match at Mania is going down or there's gonna be someone sued.

So with this scenario we get: A new WWE title. John Cena gets a vacation until Wrestlemania (hopefully). And most importantly a way for Punk to come back when he so desires that doesn't make the whole thing seem retarded: He's the real WWE Champion. When he comes back Vince could state that Punk got everything he wanted to come back, and strip the reigning champion to give the new belt to Punk, which gives him a feud when he comes back.

XL
07-16-2011, 09:05 PM
That's the worst idea I've read yet!

Corporate CockSnogger
07-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Worse than my idea of Tiger Ali Singh beating Punk and Cena to win the title?

Shadrick
07-16-2011, 10:00 PM

If they do that....I...just....

CSL
07-16-2011, 10:09 PM
completely ignore the hottest build up to a PPV in a long time and the quality of the match itself because the result of the main event didn't go how you wanted it to?

XL
07-16-2011, 10:29 PM
You know it!

Rock Bottom
07-16-2011, 10:48 PM

If this is another match where Cena gets his ass kicked for 20 minutes, goes "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," does his doom set, and gets the pin with an AA, I'm going to soak some tampons.

Please stop reminding us that Santa isn't real. WE NEED THIS.

Mr. Nerfect
07-16-2011, 11:04 PM
completely ignore the hottest build up to a PPV in a long time and the quality of the match itself because the result of the main event didn't go how you wanted it to?

Well, kinda, yeah. I mean, if a trailer for a movie looks amazing, and then it ends with the main character revealing that they were just crazy all along -- you have the right to be upset, I believe.

Now, if Punk is actually leaving, then it would be nothing but risky business to put the WWE Title on Punk. It'd just be messy stuff. Cena should retain, but there are ways to do it. Personally, I like the idea of Vince McMahon screwing Punk, and Cena protesting it on RAW. Vince is a heat machine, and Cena might actually get cheered telling him off and saying that Punk got screwed.

After some time off, Punk can return as this white-hot babyface who wants a piece of Vince. Wrestling seems to be Punk's life, and unless he makes it his mission to get ROH noticed, Punk will likely return to the WWE. Imagine a post-WrestleMania return next year, after Cena has dispatched of The Rock, with Punk returning and attacking McMahon. It looks like Cena is in support of Punk, but then turns on Punk and reveals he was in on it all along.

Rock Bottom
07-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Imagine a post-WrestleMania return next year, after Cena has dispatched of The Rock, with Punk returning and attacking McMahon. It looks like Cena is in support of Punk, but then turns on Punk and reveals he was in on it all along.

Why would you wish images like this upon another human being?

Let me clarify. It would make some kind of sense. Cena just seems like a main event X-Pac now. I'm supposed to like heels, damnit.

CSL
07-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Well, kinda, yeah. I mean, if a trailer for a movie looks amazing, and then it ends with the main character revealing that they were just crazy all along -- you have the right to be upset, I believe.

Dunno. You know Bruce is going to save the day at the end of his films but it doesn't make Die Hard any less glorious. As long as Cena/Punk "bring it" and do what they're supposed to (namely "get them"/the audience/tear the roof off), I couldn't care less how the match ends/who goes over. My qualm is the fact that Cena and Punk could have the greatest match of their respective lives, Punk could have a million nearfalls where everybody thinks he might actually win, they could make Shawn Michaels look like Jackie Gayda and to so many, that would all be negated simply if Cena wins.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Cena should win, don't get me wrong. It's the only thing that makes any sense. You don't put the WWE Title on a guy who could never return to the company again, or even work for the competition. The WWE will already be hurting without Punk, let alone with Cena looking like he's worse than a guy essentially from the past. It's all about how they do it, though. I'm fine with Cena winning, personally. But there's a chance to make this deliver in a way that previous Cena victories have not.

The Naitch
07-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm fine with Cena winning, personally. But there's a chance to make this deliver in a way that previous Cena victories have not.

Cena should turn heel that night. WWE loses Punk, but they gain a Cena heel turn for the ages. You lose some, you win some.

I dunno, this situation really has a BATB 96 vibe to it, for some reason.

Shadrick
07-17-2011, 12:57 AM

I'll say the movie was amazing up until the ending and it was a cop out and thus a disappointment, and Ill have the right to say that.

Londoner
07-17-2011, 03:26 AM
CSL defending boring Cena matches, how shocking. :) We have a right to bitch if it just ends up the same old shit, yet again.

Londoner
07-17-2011, 03:28 AM
From Chavo's Twitter:

Ok, don’t “Fin” say that ppl will talk about this for years if you’re going to let Punk do all the work and not deliver at the PPV, Cena. I am tired and I know fans are tired of WWE Superstars talking big and not delivering. We don’t want to see some1 just in a fight. And frankly no1 believes it anymore. If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass, so plz deliver if u say that Ppl will remember this PPV. U know Punk will bring “it”. I’ve been in the ring with both of u & Punk has “it”. Cena u have mic skills yes But if u think ppl believe your BS lazy comeback that u do exactly the same every match then u are mistaken. Eddie & I taught u different. We never said “get lazy” & do the dame thing every night. We always said” think out of the box” & give the fans what they deserve & not rely on the “machine”to ” get u over”. I hope this lights a fire under your ass & U deliver this Sunday. Dont just rest on U being over cuz u are & that is easy. Challenge yourself & give the fans what they deserve. That’s why they boo u. Because they aren’t stupid. They know what The sacrifice of the fans trust is not worth it. Deliver on your fans & deliver on why U got into this business.Eventually the fans that U have gained with from the purple t-shirts will turn on U. Take a lesson from the Hulkster. Give the fans there $ worth and dont become Just Another “promo” guy. I know u love this biz & dont get distracted from the McMahon $. Deliver plz!! Have enough respect for your fans Cuz without them, you’re working at a fast food chain. Love u man & I support u & hope u see this cuz I know Punk will & I know he’s going to bring it cuz he’s got nothing to lose!

hahaha

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2011, 03:35 AM
CSL has a point. Sometimes we let ourselves get carried away. I'm sure we'd all love to see Daniel Bryan win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match this Sunday, but he really doesn't need to. Right now, Bryan needs to impress, build his connection with the crowd, potentially steal some moments and from there move forward so he can then move up the card. To be upset when Wade Barrett wins the briefcase is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

We've all gone wild with the creative ideas the WWE could do with the WWE Title, but it all depends on CM Punk's contract status. If he is leaving, John Cena should retain the title. It's as simple as that.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Unless they really want to shake things up, and Punk has signed a new contract but the WWE is willing to give him some time off. Cena loses, and then gets "fired," which can lead to The Rock coming back and wanting Vince to re-instate Cena so they can have a WrestleMania match -- whatever. In the meantime (for say, three months or so), you have the World Heavyweight Champion float between both shows -- whether that be Randy Orton or Christian.

But that's not going to happen. There we go again.

Londoner
07-17-2011, 03:38 AM
I understand CSL's point. Just i also understand(especially if they've payed a fuckload for the ppv) that they have a right to bitch about seeing the same old shit time and time again. Even wrestlers are tired of it, such as Chavo.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Oh, I agree, and I suggested the same thing to CSL. I don't want to see your generic Cena match. I want this to tell a good story. There's been something special about this lead-in, and it deserves to keep that special quality the whole way through.

Londoner
07-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Oh, I agree, and I suggested the same thing to CSL. I don't want to see your generic Cena match. I want this to tell a good story. There's been something special about this lead-in, and it deserves to keep that special quality the whole way through.

Yup. In the "attitude era" you could guarantee shit like this would have some sort of crazy ending/story to it. Nowadays its very rare that happens.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-17-2011, 03:46 AM
I don't even mind Cena winning as long as there's a twist. If it's just 5 moves of doom and Cena's music to play us out, then that would be disappointing.

Probably what will happen though, kind of why I'm not watching it live even though I could have tomorrow off. The disappointment hits so much harder when you're shattered at 4am.

Londoner
07-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Probably what will happen though, kind of why I'm not watching it live even though I could have tomorrow off. The disappointment hits so much harder when you're shattered at 4am.

So true actually, didn't think of that. :lol:

XL
07-17-2011, 04:25 AM
I'll <strike>second</strike> third that!

Rammsteinmad
07-17-2011, 07:02 AM
There is no way the ending of this match will live up to the IWC's expectations.

If Punk really is leaving, it'll be a fantastic match that will end with a STF or an AA, and then everyone will come on here and bitch about how Cena 'overcame the odds'.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-17-2011, 07:32 AM
I don't need much, you just don't have this type of build up without a twist, even if Cena's winning, sticks Punk in the STFU and Punk gets the ropes and McMahon calls for the bell so Punk can't leave with the title, that's enough for me. I'd love a Punk win as it would be the most interesting outcome, but I'm not expecting it at all.

St. Jimmy
07-17-2011, 10:42 AM
This PPV, to me, right now feels so much bigger and better than this year's WrestleMania to me (minus Trips vs. Taker). This PPV has a legit card worth sitting through. I think SmackDown's MITB match will be amazing and the Main Event has the potential to be fantastic. I still don't understand why the fuck Big Show vs. Mark Henry is on this fucking ppv, but I hope it's a nice piss break between MITB matches. I'm wishing in the back of my mind that Miz and Mysterio get injured so they get replaced in the RAW MITB.

Rock Bottom
07-17-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm sure we'd all love to see Daniel Bryan win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match this Sunday

Are you sure?

Rock Bottom
07-17-2011, 02:44 PM
On the bright side, if this thing somehow bombs and Cena is at all responsible, Vince might go, "I'm not doin' this anymore. We're not doin' this stuff."

St. Jimmy
07-17-2011, 02:48 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ktpyM_yGRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rock Bottom
07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Man that music is really stupid.

CSL
07-17-2011, 03:00 PM
CSL defending boring Cena matches, how shocking. :) We have a right to bitch if it just ends up the same old shit, yet again.

I don't think you've read my post there buddy

St. Jimmy
07-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Man that music is really stupid.

You're an idiot and a terrible troll.

Providence Peep
07-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Punk is advertised for RAW tomorrow night, but not for anything after that.
I know that probably means jack shit, but I figured I'd mention it because it might be worth considering.

Juan
07-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the update, Pete.

Providence Peep
07-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Pete.

Go fuck yourself, John.

Juan
07-17-2011, 04:16 PM
That's not very nice.

Providence Peep
07-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Do you guys think The Rock will be involved in the Punk/Cena match?

Shadrick
07-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I thought so before, I don't think so now.

corywards
07-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Punk wins. Del Rio wins MITB, cashes in later that night and beats him.

#WINNING

I was screwed!

The Naitch
07-18-2011, 12:25 AM
lol at your #WINNING you big homo

Droford
07-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Punk vs HHH at Summerslam as HHH steps up to defend McMahon family honor and stuff.

XL
07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
you big homo
Don't let HBPunk see that!

owenbrown
07-18-2011, 04:51 AM
CMPunk (http://twitter.com/#%21/CMPunk) CM Punk

“@WWEUniverse (http://twitter.com/WWEUniverse): It's 12:00 a.m. ... Do you know where your WWE Champion is? #MITB (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23MITB) @CMPunk (http://twitter.com/CMPunk)” The champ is...here: yfrog.com/kkb09zyj (http://t.co/SzUGZf5)

25 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/CMPunk/status/92871357636943872) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Awesome.

Pegasus Crawford
07-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Awesome.
Delicious championship belt~

Tom Guycott
07-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Something from that interview lingered with me for some reason. I didn't know what it was until now:

C.M. Punk: ...The media, no offense, likes to latch onto negative stuff. They're not going to report that—there's no truth to this story; I'm just using it as an example—that John Cena and his wife just had an eight-pound baby. But you'd better believe that if somebody dies, they're going to report it.

I realize now that THIS didn't happen:

<<<< ZOMG! CENA'S NEW BABY: EXCLUSIVE PIX!!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!11!!

Rock Bottom
07-18-2011, 07:17 AM
You're an idiot and a terrible troll.

I don't have to be trolling to make the observation that whatever theme that was is incredibly stupid and retarded.

tjmidnight420
07-18-2011, 07:52 AM
CMPunk (http://twitter.com/#%21/CMPunk) CM Punk

“@WWEUniverse (http://twitter.com/WWEUniverse): It's 12:00 a.m. ... Do you know where your WWE Champion is? #MITB (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23MITB) @CMPunk (http://twitter.com/CMPunk)” The champ is...here: yfrog.com/kkb09zyj (http://t.co/SzUGZf5)

25 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/CMPunk/status/92871357636943872) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

That's freakin awesome.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-18-2011, 03:43 PM
http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/07/punkinchicago2_full.jpg

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/07/punkinchicago7_full.jpg

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/07/punkinchicago_full.jpg

Emperor Smeat
07-18-2011, 05:04 PM
:rofl:

I don't think Vince is going to be happy knowing a penguin is wearing the title in the last picture :shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
07-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I think he'll be more annoyed with Colt having the belt, once someone points out who he is.

Xero
07-18-2011, 05:30 PM
"WHO IS THIS FUCKWIT HOLDING MY TITLE!?

"Colt Cabana was holding the title, sir."

"Who?"

"Punk's best friend."

"No idea who this is..."

"He wrestled for us under the gimmick of Scotty Goldman."

"...Oh, right. The jew. lol"

Juan
07-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Chilly Willy :heart:

Triple Naitch
07-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Just noticed Punk wasn't wearing the Nexus armband last night. Looks like Nexus is finally dead.

Londoner
07-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Just noticed Punk wasn't wearing the Nexus armband last night. Looks like Nexus is finally dead.

Yet funnily enough as i saw earlier under his name in his entrance it said 'the nexus'.....

FearedSanctity
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=cu9or.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Alright, something I noticed about this picture besides the John Cena nameplate missing is the C in Champion on the side. Think it'd be pretty hilarious of Punk used parts of the belt to piece together has own.

And yes, I checked. In the pictures from MITB, the C did in fact appear to be there, though there wasn't exactly a perfect shot of it

parkmania
07-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Just realized this:

The fact that Punk had the belt at the Cubs game Monday means that there is at least an agreement in place between Phil and WWE. Storyline or not, Punk would not have been allowed to leave the arena Sunday night with the WWE's property or he would likely be facing theft charges.

The only "out" to this is if Punk had commissioned a replica belt the instant he started the feud with Cena. The one he has ain't made of chocolate.

Emperor Smeat
07-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Not really since it is pretty common for wrestlers to keep belts or at least when a new belt is set to debut like the rumors of a new WWE belt being revealed soon and the customized Cena one getting retired.

Although I think it is more common to be done when the leather needs to be replaced or it is a special customized belt like how The Rock owns the Brahma Bull belt even though it was WWE property.

The Naitch
07-19-2011, 10:05 PM
what the Brahma Bull belt? When did they make that?

tjmidnight420
07-19-2011, 10:16 PM
what the Brahma Bull belt? When did they make that?

Around the time they made the Smoking Skull belt, or shortly thereafter. Anybody notice they filed for another trademark on "CM Punk" recently. There's some sort of agreement in place. I'm thinking like the one Y2J had/ has.

tjmidnight420
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/1rq0eg.jpg

Emperor Smeat
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I never realized the belt never showed up on tv and just assumed The Rock wore it back then around the same time Austin had his own design as champion. It was referenced a lot of times in the past or in WWF video games.

"A custom championship belt was designed and constructed for The Rock which featured his trademark Brahma Bull logo in the center, but was lost in the mail and never appeared on television."

The one the Rock owns is a replica of the lost belt and not the original that I thought he had.

Xero
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM
My guess, in terms of the agreement, is that he has some contract, or maybe an unoffical good faith agreement, that he can take the belt, promote it on Twitter and maybe other promotions, and will return down the line.

There's no way there isn't some agreement that says he'll be back down the line in some fashion. He beat Cena clean after kicking out of two FUs clean and left with the belt. You don't do that without coming to an agreement.

He's probably just taking time off to rest. And he deserves it. He's been going pretty much non-stop in WWE for six years.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Moved from casual. Also, this was brought up and discussed in the MITB thread so may as well merge it with the Punk thread.

EDIT: This refers to a Desi Munda post that was deleted by him so I don't look like a crazy person.

GD
07-20-2011, 04:53 AM
From WWE.com's title history section.

http://www.wwe.com/f/reign/image/2011/07/punkbye.jpg?1310961090

With his contract expiring at midnight, CM Punk shocked the entire world and defeated John Cena to capture the WWE Championship in his hometown of Chicago. An irate Mr. McMahon called for Raw's Money in the Bank winner, Alberto Del Rio, to immediately challenge the new champion. Instead, Del Rio was met with a kick to the head by The Second City Savior, who exited through the Chicago crowd with the WWE Championship as Mr. McMahon helplessly watched.

While mired in controversy that would permanently resonate in WWE, CM Punk's victory made only him the third Superstar in history to hold each the ECW, World Heavyweight and WWE Titles.

Like most of you, I believed that CM Punk was the second superstar (ever) in WWE history to have held all the 3 major Championships. The first being "The Big Red Monster" Kane who has held the WWF Championship, the ECW World title and the World Heavyweight Championship.
Now the question arises, who is the third superstar?

I would like to argue that the third superstar (actually first, he won 3 major championships before Punk or Kane) is none other than the Big Show. Big Show has held the WCW Championship (the previous incarnation of the World Heavyweight Championship), the WWF/WWE Championship and the ECW World title.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-20-2011, 07:04 AM
From WWE.com's title history section.

http://www.wwe.com/f/reign/image/2011/07/punkbye.jpg?1310961090

With his contract expiring at midnight, CM Punk shocked the entire world and defeated John Cena to capture the WWE Championship in his hometown of Chicago. An irate Mr. McMahon called for Raw's Money in the Bank winner, Alberto Del Rio, to immediately challenge the new champion. Instead, Del Rio was met with a kick to the head by The Second City Savior, who exited through the Chicago crowd with the WWE Championship as Mr. McMahon helplessly watched.

While mired in controversy that would permanently resonate in WWE, CM Punk's victory made only him the third Superstar in history to hold each the ECW, World Heavyweight and WWE Titles.

Like most of you, I believed that CM Punk was the second superstar (ever) in WWE history to have held all the 3 major Championships. The first being "The Big Red Monster" Kane who has held the WWF Championship, the ECW World title and the World Heavyweight Championship.
Now the question arises, who is the third superstar?

I would like to argue that the third superstar (actually first, he won 3 major championships before Punk or Kane) is none other than the Big Show. Big Show has held the WCW Championship (the previous incarnation of the World Heavyweight Championship), the WWF/WWE Championship and the ECW World title.

The "World Title," despite being the WCW belt, doesn't have the WCW lineage attached to it. I believe it's lineage starts with HHH.

CharismaInjection
07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm a bit confused, has CM Punk officially left WWE now? Cause I can't believe Vince woul actually allow someone to leave the company with the title. Surely it just makes CM Punk look great and WWE look weak, and if Punk is no longer WWE, why make him look great?

Innovator
07-20-2011, 08:36 AM
It does make Punk look great, and don't call me Shirley.

Volare
07-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Punk has hit the magic switch in which we know he isn't coming back for a bit but we all want him back now.

Kinda like Jericho......oh shit now THERES a 2 man power trip when Punk comes back.

Punk and Jericho ruling WWE with Trips as "CEO"....I can see it now.

Malfeitor
07-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Random note. I was on eBay looking to purchase Punk's Best In The World shirt, and I came across one that was already up to 300 bucks. God fucking damn.

GD
07-21-2011, 01:06 AM
The "World Title," despite being the WCW belt, doesn't have the WCW lineage attached to it. I believe it's lineage starts with HHH.

So who is the third superstar?

Lock Jaw
07-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Hulk Hogan

GD
07-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Hogan has never won the ECW title :-\

Lock Jaw
07-21-2011, 02:11 AM
;)

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Random note. I was on eBay looking to purchase Punk's Best In The World shirt, and I came across one that was already up to 300 bucks. God fucking damn.

I don't think it'll be on Shopzone until he's back either :'(

Hulk Hogan

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Rock Bottom
07-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Hogan has never won the ECW title :-\

YET

JimmyMess
07-21-2011, 12:36 PM
So Punk is at Comic-Con... WWE... is at Comic-Con.....

let it begin....

CSL
07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't think it'll be on Shopzone until he's back either :'(

I don't know if it will be at all, at least maybe not the exact one with Chicago and the MITB PPV date on it, they were "limited edition" at merch stands apparently

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1613329/punkshirt_large.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
07-21-2011, 01:43 PM
So who is the third superstar?

No clue. They very well might be referring to the Big Show, but if they are, they need to decide if the title reflects the WCW past, or not, and not just say it does when it's convenient. Not that it really matters though.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't know if it will be at all, at least maybe not the exact one with Chicago and the MITB PPV date on it, they were "limited edition" at merch stands apparently

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1613329/punkshirt_large.jpg

TO THE T-SHIRT PRINTERS

Tornado
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Just seen one of those shirts on eBay for $550....that is crazy.

DAMN iNATOR
07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I think we could definitely see Punk over and then a cash in. I think anything else is wishful thinking however. That said, none of it is wishful thinking like DAMN iNATOR who has Cena tapping out to the Anaconda Vice

LOL, so Cena tapping didn't happen
http://oi54.tinypic.com/atorir.jpg
But that did. Would've marked so hard for a tapout by Cena there, not just because of tipsters but because it's rare enough to see Punk break out the AV, but even more rare to see someone submit to it.

Innovator
07-21-2011, 03:36 PM
MattIGN Matt Fowler
by Lagana
OMG! @CMPunk crashed #WWE's #ComicCon panel and confronted Triple H!!! I'm trying to upload video.... #IGNSDCC

CSL
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
http://c0013874.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_74a795b

http://c0013874.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_74a7a5a

FearedSanctity
07-21-2011, 03:46 PM
MattIGN Matt Fowler
I think the WWE might actually have the video since the panel was being taped but still.. Punk insinuated that he banged Stephanie! #IGNSDCC

FearedSanctity
07-21-2011, 03:52 PM
This afternoon, with yours truly present, CM Punk crashed the the joint Mattel/WWE panel – WWE: Past, Present and Future – at San Diego Comic-Con, featuring WWE superstars Triple H, Rey Mysterio and the legendary Bret Hart.

Punk announced himself via bullhorn and then, with WWE Title in hand, took to the designated question-asking mic and began to awesomely speechify! Punk took exception to the fact that they were trying to crown a new champ on RAW and then challenged Rey, or anyone else who wanted to be champ, to head out to Chicago to take him on.

Punk then also asked Triple H and RAW writer Brain Gewirtz why Zack Ryder wasn't on TV. Triple H, in what seemed to be a part of a storyline, told Punk that things had changed on RAW and that there was a new regime. He told Punk to give him a call. Punk responded by telling Hunter that he was sure Stephanie had his number

Xero
07-21-2011, 03:57 PM
LOL

God, this thing could seriously pick up steam into SummerSlam.

FearedSanctity
07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Crap quality video is up on YouTube but I don't know how to embed on here :-\

http://youtu.be/WiB05TQ4W6I

Xero
07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WiB05TQ4W6I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WiB05TQ4W6I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Malfeitor
07-21-2011, 04:14 PM
LOL

God, this thing could seriously pick up steam into SummerSlam.

That's what I'm hoping!

Xero
07-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Awesome video here:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NAvDqglbAE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NAvDqglbAE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Malfeitor
07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Punk is fucking awesome.

Heisenberg
07-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I respect these forums and the people that contribute to it, I haven't posted much, but I have been browsing this site for years and finally wanted to make forum handle to give my two cents to whoever wants to read it.

I say this as I'm in a rush today but made some time to post on the CM PUNK thread, so if this was asked before or stated I'm sorry, just wanted to write:

Since debuting in WWE years back as he did, who would of thought that CM Punk would of been the top trending/thought about/fav wrestler today?

I think it's good, and I hope whatever they are doing with the current storyline pans out to be one that we will look back and appreciate following and talking about for years to come.

Lock Jaw
07-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Love this.

CM Punk The REAL WWE Hampion.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Awesome video here:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NAvDqglbAE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NAvDqglbAE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I really hope that the "brilliant journalist" Michael Cole finds this and shows it on Raw. The phone footage, make it look like a shoot. It'd be brilliant.

Lock Jaw
07-21-2011, 06:41 PM
CRACKPOT CONSPIRACY THEORY:

CM Punk is going on a rampage "outside" of the WWE... only one man can stop him.... Edge! The man who was FORCED to walk away while he was champion vs. the man who willingly walked with the belt.

Of course, both are complete works. So we get a build-up to CM Punk vs. Edge (WHO IS PUTTING HIS LIFE ON THE LINE BAHGAWD TO STOP PUNK!)

RVDmark
07-21-2011, 07:22 PM
CRACKPOT CONSPIRACY THEORY:

The truth shall set you free :shifty:

Juan
07-21-2011, 07:44 PM
I think I could die a happy man if Chris Jericho were somehow involved in all this

Juan
07-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Like maybe at SummerSlam instead of HHH facing Punk, he brings back Chris Jericho to refute Punk's claim of being the "best in the world"

tjmidnight420
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Like maybe at SummerSlam instead of HHH facing Punk, he brings back Chris Jericho to refute Punk's claim of being the "best in the world"

I'd even consider buying that PPV.

Juan
07-21-2011, 07:49 PM
The promos alone would be worth the money, I reckon

St. Jimmy
07-21-2011, 08:44 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2NAvDqglbAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

muffalufagus
07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
link to an article that was on espn.com's front page. (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6790423/good-lord-music)

JimmyMess
07-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Ha! Saw that one coming a mile away!

Aguakate
07-22-2011, 12:34 AM
I wonder if the WWE will revisit the HBK vs Razor Ramon storyline in 1994, when HBK, while IC Champion, left for some time (he was suspended), the WWF crowned a new IC Champion (Razor), and when HBK returned, he was like "I never lost the Intercontinental Title, I'M STILL the Champion"...thus, we had the famous Ladder Match at WM10 to crown the REAL Champ...

...I wonder if WWE will go "that" route when Punk eventually returns...they don't have to make it an actual Ladder Match, they could very well do some other match, but perhaps with the same "idea" as the 1994 HBK/Razor storyline.

Volare
07-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Punk speaks for us all when he asked about Ryder getting on TV.

FearedSanctity
07-22-2011, 01:45 AM
ColtCabana 1 hour 16 mins ago
Two can play this game @CMPunk The @RealJCW champ is .... Here!!!! yfrog.com/kl5d6nrj

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg741/scaled.php?tn=0&server=741&filename=5d6nr.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Inadequacy
07-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Nice, Colt drinks throwback

Rock Bottom
07-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Is the same fridge

Rock Bottom
07-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Also, CM Punk must be having fun doing this shit. That'd be one of the funnest things to do. Hunter playing along is pretty cool too. Even if it's worked, it has to be fun for them.

Volare
07-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Is the same fridge

The French Vanilla coffee creamer gave it away. (I use the same)

RVDmark
07-22-2011, 06:21 AM
I wonder how long that old skool pepsi can has been in there. (top right)

Volare
07-22-2011, 07:03 AM
:shifty:

Xero
07-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Now I'm not saying this is happening, because I do believe Punk is taking a break (though would love him at SummerSlam), but they currently have a 5 man main event set up for SummerSlam if they so desire.

Del Rio, Miz and Rey are pretty much co-#1 contenders and Cena has his rematch clause.

Londoner
07-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Now I'm not saying this is happening, because I do believe Punk is taking a break (though would love him at SummerSlam), but they currently have a 5 man main event set up for SummerSlam if they so desire.

Del Rio, Miz and Rey are pretty much co-#1 contenders and Cena has his rematch clause.

Wouldn't make sense for Del Rio to use his MITB contract to get into a 5 man match. Can't see it happening anyway.

Xero
07-22-2011, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't have him use the contract, I'd have him lobby because he won that #1 contender's match a few weeks ago.

Londoner
07-22-2011, 11:38 AM
hmm, don't remember that.

Rock Bottom
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I like how ADR is going with it though. He runs his mouth about it, but then he's like, "It doesn't matter, I'll just do this shit again." He isn't rolling with the typical crybaby heel shit.

Attitude era = the word "shit"

Xero
07-22-2011, 05:49 PM
This requires a HUGE story arc, but I haven't seen this aspect talked about. Punk has always said he has no problem with Cena. You could look at it like Punk doesn't like it because Cena "lost his way" or something, but has respect for him.

On the other hand, Punk has been adamant about being pissed about "Dwayne" main eventing Mania. This requires the stars to align perfectly and WWE to be ultra patient, but just think...

Punk stays relevant online and maybe "crashing" WWE media events (never shows, unless it's in Chicago) every few months. You have Cena and Rock feuding from the Rumble through to Mania hardcore. It winds up being for the WWE Championship.

Rock wins, and there's a huge pop. Then, his music dies, and Punk's music hits. He comes out, like his cocky usual self, with the title. He walks down to the ring, and Rock and Punk have a stare down to end WrestleMania. WWE Champion vs. WWE Champion. You don't even need Punk coming out to music. Just have him jump the guard rail for the stare down.

Then, and this requires Rock to have a semi-regular schedule, you have Punk terrorize Rock for months. Again, a lot of this would be online and not officially on TV. This could all lead to an ultimate face off at SummerSlam 2012, Punk vs Rock, for the Undisputed WWE Championship.

Again, a lot of star aligning has to happen here and there's a .0001% chance of it happening, but this could be fucking epic. It would be a year and a half in the making.

Really, that's the thing with this. They could do so many angles with the title. At this point I don't even humor the thought of Punk not having SOME kind of agreement, whether it be a full-fledged contract or an agreement to come back at xyz date.

The Naitch
07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
too long to wait though, SummerSlam 2012 c'mon guy

One thing I noticed though, The Rock hasn't addressed Punk for calling him a huge ass kisser yet

Xero
07-22-2011, 10:31 PM
WrestleMania seemed like "too long to wait", and yet we have Cena vs. Rock.

It's possible to do it. And Mania to SummerSlam is only a few months.

Indifferent Clox
07-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Danielson should cash in after a match at mania. Because if cena is champ hedbhavevto face the rr winner, if not it'd have to be raws guy winning since Bryan is on sd. Punk needs to be involved with the www title somehow. So have danielson come out after the cena rock match and challenge the champion whoever that is. Or have danielson lose the mitb unfairly due to Cole, only to have him win the rumble and challenge punk instead of any other champion and have a 2/3 falls one at dgusa one at roh and the final fall at mania or something all that weekend

Lock Jaw
07-23-2011, 01:22 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eBwhEpJOrcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Different angle + More words from HHH after Punk leaves

Lock Jaw
07-23-2011, 01:36 AM
The story is now on the front page of WWE.com

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/punk-invaded-comic-con

WWE's footage kind of bites though.

Londoner
07-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Can't really hear much of what HHH says annoyingly. Punk's great as usual.

Haze
07-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Figured I would share this with all the rest of the Punk fans here.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FZFoDWRo4ks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Juan
07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
LOVE. YOUR HATE

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2011, 10:32 PM
I think it would make sense for Triple H to extend an invite to CM Punk to appear at SummerSlam, without actually promising the arrival of Punk. Triple H basically wants a face-to-face with Punk, and he says that he'll let security allow Punk into the building, but since he's not under contract, no harm or foul will come to him.

At SummerSlam, Triple H comes out and says that he knows guys like CM Punk. He reminds him a lot of a younger Shawn Michaels...or even a younger Triple H. He breathes this business, and you don't become a four-time World Champion any other way. He says that he has heard no one has seen CM Punk backstage, but he knows Punk is around. He can feel it, so just come out and face him like a real WWE Champion would.

Cue CM Punk with a megaphone in the audience. 'Hi, Hunter!" Give Punk an entourage of Colt Cabana, Ace Steel and Luke Gallows. He talks about how he won and got out, before Triple H's planet-sized ego crushes the WWE. He can maybe make a shoot comment about Triple H's done a great job in the talent department -- soon the entire WWE roster will be either pregnant or suspended for drug use. And he lost CM Punk!

Triple H then gets a bit madder, and says that he'll pay Punk whatever he wants for a chance to kick his teeth down his throat. Punk says that no amount of money can by his...honor. Out of a bag he then pulls out a contract from the Sinclair Broadcasting Group.
"You know what that means, don't you, Hunter? You're going to see this WWE Championship defended in ROH."
"The real WWE Championship belongs here, Punk."
"I won the real WWE Championship at Money in the Bank, and it goes where I go."

You then have CM Punk go do an interview about his SummerSlam appearance. He can even work it saying that the WWE desperately wants him back, because of all the attention he's getting -- and they're trying to give him enough guaranteed spotlight to appeal to his showman sense, but he's just got too much pride to return to the company. Cue in a (planned) caller, saying something along the lines of "You say you've got too much honor to go back, but why don't you go back and prove you can keep the WWE Championship? Why don't you go and prove that you can kick Triple H's teeth down his throat."

Punk shows up at the first ROH tapings, to give them a little boost. Maybe just show him in the crowd or something. No active role. He is still considering signing his ROH contract. But outside story becomes "Will CM Punk be prodded into returning to the WWE?" He can even poll people using his Twitter. "Do you guys want me back? Aww, shucks." He eventually agrees to a private sit down with Triple H (with the WWE leaking photos of Punk walking into Titan Towers wearing an "I Star of David Colt" t-shirt.

Basically, I think Punk has agreed to return to the WWE down the track, but I think this angle is too good not to milk.

FearedSanctity
07-23-2011, 10:41 PM
PinfallMagazine PINFALL Magazine
by CMPunk
Breaking News: @CMPunk crashes @AAWPro show: http://bit.ly/pRsRhz

Lock Jaw
07-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Not so much crashing.

WWE champion CM Punk came out at tonight's AAW show, to show respect to Gregory Iron, a wrestler with Cerebal Palsy, who teamed with Colt Cabana.during the show. He did not come out with the title.

Xero
07-23-2011, 11:34 PM
I actually find it interesting that he didn't come out with the title. That tells me it may not have been a known appearence by WWE. Maybe he really isn't under a contract ATM.

FearedSanctity
07-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Hoping he shows up for the PWG show tomorrow

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2011, 12:44 AM
I actually find it interesting that he didn't come out with the title. That tells me it may not have been a known appearence by WWE. Maybe he really isn't under a contract ATM.

Not really. It would have been tacky to come out with the WWE title in an unadvertised appearance at a show supporting someone else's issues.

Malfeitor
07-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Hoping he shows up for the PWG show tomorrow

I need to start attending those PWG shows.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Not really. It would have been tacky to come out with the WWE title in an unadvertised appearance at a show supporting someone else's issues.

Yeah, exactly. Punk sort of had to walk a thin line there because he was obviously there to support Gregory, and he didn't want to take the attention away from him.

glanville6
07-24-2011, 01:37 PM
I was at this AAW show. As you guys saw in the video, he basically put over Gregory Irons only.

Met him after the show- told him I wasn't going to sell it on ebay, and asked him to sign a card. He called me a son of a bitch! Signed the card, told me I can get $8.50 for it. Took a picture with me too! Great night

Rammsteinmad
07-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I want to see that pic now. Put it in that thread of you meeting a million other wrestlers.

Juan
07-24-2011, 08:31 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CUm-O7Z3S0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rock Bottom
07-26-2011, 09:32 AM
CM stands for Chick Magnet. Neat.

So yeah, thank god this dude is back. WWE is kicking ass. Does anyone know who's idea any of this was? Just doesn't seem like typical shit from "writers."

BigDaddyCool
07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
So CM Punk is really gone with the title? Fill me in, I'm not read all of this thread. PM me or something so I don't forget to check the thread. Thanks.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-26-2011, 10:44 AM
He did, then Vince was relieved of his duties by HHH, who is now in charge. Then Rey won the tournament last night to be new WWE Champ and this happened:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NJvc4QG8yIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haze
07-26-2011, 10:46 AM
The new CM Punk shirt just hit shopzone!!

#BROKEN Hasney
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
The new CM Punk shirt just hit shopzone!!

Damn. Now, do I get raped on shipping, or wait for EuroShopZone....

EDIT: Shipping rape looks like it's still cheaper than EuroShop's prices. Sweet.

BigDaddyCool
07-26-2011, 10:49 AM
ok, I knew about Rey becoming champion, and new of the match between Cena and Rey, I just got bored watching Raw last night.

I hated the match between Miz and Rey, the ending sucked out loud.

Xero
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
For those saying that the people who paid upwards of $400 for the other shirt, it'll still be worth a lot. That one had the date on it, this one doesn't.

Anyone who paid that much for that shirt shouldn't be wearing it anyway, it's a collectible.