PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead season 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blitz
07-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Trailer (http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-season-2-trailer-from-comic-con)

October 16.

Lock Jaw
07-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Can't wait for this to start up again. :y:

Skippord
07-22-2011, 06:37 PM
super excited for it to start

Raven Reaper
07-23-2011, 08:30 PM
And I saw ALL Season 1 episodes despite it only had 6... Yep, it's about fucking time... It's like a 1 yr hiatus or what?

Requiem
07-23-2011, 10:47 PM
pumpedddddd

Corporate CockSnogger
07-24-2011, 11:21 AM
And I saw ALL Season 1 episodes despite it only had 6... Yep, it's about fucking time... It's like a 1 yr hiatus or what?

Chavo Classic
07-24-2011, 12:12 PM
The last episode of the first season was a serious disappointment, but now they've been given 13 episodes I'm hoping they have more time to work with the characters and the story.

Londoner
07-24-2011, 12:36 PM
They also have completely new writing staff i heard a while ago. Be interesting to see how that changes things.

IC Champion
07-24-2011, 01:40 PM
That's like three months away, jesus.

captaincharismark
07-26-2011, 03:34 AM
I have to say, for a first in zombie TV shows, I was underwhelmed with season one of the show. With all the creative and unique stuff they could do, it has been too slow paced for my taste. Maybe the new season will start picking up and we'll get to see some interesting things...

Blitz
07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I have to say, for a first in zombie TV shows, I was underwhelmed with season one of the show. With all the creative and unique stuff they could do, it has been too slow paced for my taste. Maybe the new season will start picking up and we'll get to see some interesting things...
I would say making a slower paced show based around zombies is unique.

captaincharismark
07-26-2011, 11:19 PM
I would say making a slower paced show based around zombies is unique.

Slow paced and mythodical story telling, yes. To the point of being boring and uninteresting, no. So much more creative stories could be told with this series. Thus far it hasn't impressed me for being a first in zombie TV shows...

Lock Jaw
07-26-2011, 11:34 PM
It only had six episodes... and they had no clue whether it would catch on and be a success or if it would just be canceled.

Now that they know people like it, and they have more episodes, I'm sure "business will pick up"

Malfeitor
07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
It only had six episodes... and they had no clue whether it would catch on and be a success or if it would just be canceled.

Now that they know people like it, and they have more episodes, I'm sure "business will pick up"

BAHGAWD.

But seriously, I loved the first season. I am too fucking ecstatic for the second season. Darabont stepped down as director, but I'm sure the replacement will do just fine.

captaincharismark
07-28-2011, 12:55 AM

I hope that is the case, b/c I haven't been impressed with it so far. For it being a first in zombie TV shows, they sure haven't taken advantage of it. Maybe things will pick up if the season is actually longer than 6 episodes...

Blitz
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/09/13/walking-Dead_510.jpg

Optimus Bone 69
09-14-2011, 02:03 AM
How many episodes is the new season?

Lock Jaw
09-14-2011, 02:34 AM
13. But they are going to have a "mini break" or something in the middle for some reason.

RP
09-14-2011, 12:18 PM
So I guesa the biggest cliffhanger was what the doctor whispered to the cops ear. I remember someone saying that his wife was pregnant or something.

RP
09-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I wish AMC would put season one on demand.

Sonofanarchy
09-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I know, they had it briefly at my moms house on the free on demand for a few days and took it off...

D Mac
10-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Season 1 is on Netflix FYI. And I watched all of it in one night. Pretty fucking good. Hopefully Micheal Rooker returns.

RP
10-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Great first episode.

Is it obvious that the blonde is pregnant? She was getting sick at the CDC. She was holding her stomach faintly at the beginning of the ep. And when she gets off the broken down RV, it shows her looking down at a baby bottle. Probably what the doctor whispered to Rick.

Also, I wonder if they plan to kill the kids off this season, because those child actors will look a lot older when they start shooting season 3. Don't want another " Walt " situation.

Ermaximus
10-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, considering one is missing and the other got shot, I'd say that's a safe bet Mr. Suck for Luck.

Kalyx triaD
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Who could Andrea be pregnant from? Her vibrator?

Kids will live, I think. If the comics present a (very) loose base for things, and with where the show is going, Carl at least evolves into a badass mismash of Rick and Shane. (Not spoilers; speculation)

Blitz
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Show is so good at creating suspense. Good God.

Lock Jaw
10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Is it obvious that the blonde is pregnant? She was getting sick at the CDC. She was holding her stomach faintly at the beginning of the ep. And when she gets off the broken down RV, it shows her looking down at a baby bottle. Probably what the doctor whispered to Rick.

Come on, bro.

She just lost her sister/watched her zombify/had to shoot her in the head and subsequently lost the will to live. That would make anyone "sick".

If anyone is gonna be pregnant, its gonna be Lori so they can do the inevitable "Is it Rick or Shane's Baby" angle.

Savio
10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
I think there will be a swerve and Shane will lead the Zombies

RP
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Come on, bro.

She just lost her sister/watched her zombify/had to shoot her in the head and subsequently lost the will to live. That would make anyone "sick".

If anyone is gonna be pregnant, its gonna be Lori so they can do the inevitable "Is it Rick or Shane's Baby" angle.

You haven't seen these hints? I'm pretty sure she's pregnant.

Hanso Amore
10-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Come on, bro.

Shane will lay down for the Zombies and Rick will cut a promo saying "That's why this City is in the damn shape it's in; because of bullshit like this"

Kalyx triaD
10-17-2011, 09:50 PM
You haven't seen these hints? I'm pretty sure she's pregnant.

Tell me these hints.

RP
10-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Post #23

Kalyx triaD
10-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Why would Rick feel the need to nearly communicate that to Morgan at dawn? What's it to him?

My theory is being that Andrea was close contact with her dead sister all night, all the way up until she turned, that Andrea is at least a carrier of the virus. This is all speculation and there's no precedent in the comics for Andrea with this arc.

Not saying that won't be the case, but I see the clues to a different conclusion.

RP
10-18-2011, 12:22 AM
I took the opening scene as him just giving an update of there situation. If she's pregnant, then what's it really matter at that point.

I was about 50/50 on this theory until the scene where she's looking down at the baby bottle.

Lock Jaw
10-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Who would have gotten her pregnant, though? Dale? That's kinda creepy.

RP
10-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Come on, bro.

Who would have gotten her pregnant, though? Dale? That's kinda creepy.

The timeline isn't that long I dont think. I mean, they've been a group for about a month if that, I think.

Hanso Amore
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
The timeline isn't that long I dont think. I mean, they've been a group for about a month if that, I think.

With Rick.

The rest of them had been together for months before Rick showed up.

Lock Jaw
10-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Plus, I think Dale was traveling with Andrea and her sister even before that as well.

Requiem
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Didn't care for this episode that much. Couple flaws/stupid things distracted me.

Like when they first saw the zombies on the street, and then suddenly there's a massive mob of them like 2 seconds later. It's like come on, you really didn't see that BEFORE they got 10 feet away?

Or how predictable it was that the little girl was gonna come out too early and alert a zombie.

And how did the zombies not smell them under the cars? I mean, I imagine there was 'death' around them, but come on.. the smell of humans should have been overwhelming around them. I mean, they had an episode last season where they had to cover themselves in guts, and all it took was a little bit of rain and suddenly all the remaining guts on them didn't matter and suddenly all they could smell was humans. Like, I get pulling a dead body over yourself to hide your smell like the 2 guys did. But idk... wouldn't the guy's blood have attracted them like crazy too? I mean, it's fresh blood, pouring out of his arm. He was bleeding like crazy.

Dunno. Lot of suspense and stuff, but those stupid things distracted me from what could have been a great episode.

Lock Jaw
10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah. The smell thing didn't make sense to me either. Thought that was like one of the main two ways they find people. Doesn't matter if they were under cars, they shoulda smelled that.

Especially the dude bleeding, leaving fresh blood all over the place.

Lock Jaw
10-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Also, I wonder if Zombies need to stop and drop a deuce every now and then. I mean, clearly their digestive system works enough that things wind up in their stomach. If they didn't void it every now and then, they'd kind of all just get fat and explode after awhile.

I now would like to see a scene where they sneak up on a Zombie who is dropping a deuce and chop his head off. Then crack some witty toilet humor joke.

Londoner
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Also, I wonder if Zombies need to stop and drop a deuce every now and then. I mean, clearly their digestive system works enough that things wind up in their stomach. If they didn't void it every now and then, they'd kind of all just get fat and explode after awhile.

I now would like to see a scene where they sneak up on a Zombie who is dropping a deuce and chop his head off. Then crack some witty toilet humor joke.

Amazingly this is something i haven't thought of before.

Still trying to find a proper link or torrent of this episode. Is it worth it?

Requiem
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
http://eztv.it/ep/30282/the-walking-dead-2x01-hdtv-asap/

Londoner
10-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks. :y:

Next Big Thing
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Zombie excrement in general has to be the most horrible thing in the history of mankind considering what they eat. Damn, what a scene that would be.

PapaGeorgio
10-18-2011, 11:09 PM
I was actually wondering the poop thing to, specifically when they were going through the stomach contents. What goes in has to come out right? They'd have to shit their pants, they don't seem coordinated/smart enough to be dealing with pants when pooping.

Ermaximus
10-18-2011, 11:48 PM

Sounds like the perfect role for Cena. We all know he's the king of poopy jokes.

Londoner
10-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Just watching it now and seeing what you guys mean about the Zombie's not smelling them there. I suppose this sort of thing is what happens with new writers.

Kalyx triaD
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
A small detail, I'm already over it.

And the original writer already set out this season's outline before he left. So it's not as drastic as say... what happened to Heroes.

Ermaximus
10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Heroes just went to shit after the first season. Huge difference.

Kalyx triaD
10-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Generally speaking. I don't think the change in writers will be catastrophic.

Londoner
10-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Thought the episode was quite good other than that 'minor detail'. I'm excited for the rest of the series now but wish they wouldn't fucking show aload of next weeks episode straight after it. Just spoils the point of a cliffhanger. Turned that off quickly so it didn't spoil too much.

Kalyx triaD
10-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Episodes are pretty long, man.

Requiem
10-19-2011, 09:01 PM
If the zombies can't smell them though, then what's stopping them from just going all shaun of the dead and walking around like zombies?

Stupid plothole is stupid.

Kalyx triaD
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Get over it. Don't be one of those.

Requiem
10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Guess 'suspenseful scene in traffic' was more important than making sense/keeping continuity.

Whatever. I will still watch it because the rest of the show was generally good. Just kind of disappointed because it tarnished what was otherwise a fantastic show. Guess I can't expect every show to be perfect though.

Kalyx triaD
10-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Jesus you need some tea.

D Mac
10-24-2011, 01:06 AM
If the zombies can't smell them though, then what's stopping them from just going all shaun of the dead and walking around like zombies?

Fear, perhaps? They did try that once if you remember and it didn't work out.

thedamndest
10-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I assumed it was because there were so many bodies around in the traffic the smell of the few humans was masked. They were basically hiding right under a bunch of dead people after all. I guess we have no way of knowing unless the issue presents itself again.

PapaGeorgio
10-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Last year really was into this show. This year I'm just ok with it. Seems like I stopped caring about all the characters over the year break besides a very few. If all the women got killed on the show I would not complain. Still parts of this season I really enjoy, but overall just doesn't feel like there is that same magic for me. But that could be me and not the show, because last year I had a diamond cutting hard on for halloween and this year I don't care as much about it either.

Lock Jaw
10-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Once again with this season, I have begun to read the comic books concurrent with the episodes. Last episode brings us up to Issue #10.

On the whole, though, the TV show is pretty different. Lots more stuff added, a few things left out...

The TV show is better.

Gertner
10-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Last year really was into this show. This year I'm just ok with it. Seems like I stopped caring about all the characters over the year break besides a very few. If all the women got killed on the show I would not complain. Still parts of this season I really enjoy, but overall just doesn't feel like there is that same magic for me. But that could be me and not the show, because last year I had a diamond cutting hard on for halloween and this year I don't care as much about it either.

I agree. The women on the show are awful. I told my gf while we were watching the show that if zombies were real I'd shoot her in the head just out of convinence. It was not real received.

Blitz
10-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Renewed for season 3 already.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-25-2011, 03:53 PM

Stupid plothole is stupid.

The executive producer chimed in on this, and he pretty much echoed what I already thought... They're zombies. They don't have super senses. They can smell in the same way humans can smell for the most part. Yeah, a zombie can smell a human, and know there's something "different" about it, but they're not basset hounds. Just like you could smell a dog next to you, but you may not smell one several feet away.

Blitz
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I've been re-reading the comic, and I gotta say, I really hope they don't turn Rick into some selfless paragon of virtue for the whole show. Hoping TV Rick follows the same general arc as Comic Rick. I'd love to see what Andrew Lincoln would do with the transition from noble small town cop to something a little more savage.

Ermaximus
10-26-2011, 04:55 PM
http://cdn.chud.com/e/e1/1000x500px-LL-e1596b54_Michonne-Walking-Dead-AMC.jpg

Looks like she won't debut until season 3. :(

EDIT: Only for you Lock Jaw.

Lock Jaw
10-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Put comic book stuff in spoilers please.

Kalyx triaD
10-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Michone is barely a spoiler, so much as what goes down with her.

Lock Jaw
10-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Don't care.

Next Big Thing
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah. I gotta agree with Lock Jaw on the comic book spoilers, no matter how minor.

mitchables
10-27-2011, 02:16 AM
so with shane sticking around, is tyreese a write-off? since he should've been there when carl gets shot.

also, as much as i am growing to fucking love dixon ("am i the only one who's zen around here? good lord." :heart:), i really hope he doesn't serve as a replacement for abraham down the line, since they're pretty similar in a few ways. kind of love that character.

and also weighing in on the zombie smell thing, i excused it via a combination of a) the not-a-basset-hound theory and b) the presence of several other dead things helping to mask the smell. so i can deal. you can too.

Blitz
10-28-2011, 04:21 AM
I'd be pretty surprised to see Abe, Rosita, and Eugene at all in the series. They just don't seem to even be that important to the comic so far.

Gertner
10-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm so glad I don't read comics.

Lock Jaw
10-30-2011, 01:08 PM
So. This happened to me last season as well.

But I have once again been having recurring dreams about living in a world full of zombies.

Not "recurring" as in the same dream all the time.... but in the way that the plots continue from night to night.

Last night ran afoul of an old character who was thought to be dead. Turns out he had just gone crazy and now ruled over a small area with an iron fist... and wanted to "marry" me off to his daughter... who was a zombie.

Narrowly escaped.

Before I woke up, I had reconnected with my group and we had joined forces with another small group to head for somewhere else.

Skippord
10-31-2011, 01:14 AM
do you get more story in each dream? because if so that sounds awesome

Blitz
10-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Probably the best ep of the series tonight. Don't even know where to start with what I loved about it.

RP
10-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Too much yapping going on in this show. I honestly don't care about the kids. If I were running this show, crazy carl and that other little twat would have died horrific deaths, just so the viewers knew this shit was for real.

Like that scene in From Dusk Til Dawn where the asian son is getting eaten by vamps and the sister shoots him in the head. That's how shit is done. That's what they need to do with that little girl.

This show needs to pick up the pace and raise the bar. I've seen all of this before.

Good start with Shane though.

Londoner
10-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Too much yapping going on in this show. I honestly don't care about the kids. If I were running this show, crazy carl and that other little twat would have died horrific deaths, just so the viewers knew this shit was for real.

Like that scene in From Dusk Til Dawn where the asian son is getting eaten by vamps and the sister shoots him in the head. That's how shit is done. That's what they need to do with that little girl.

This show needs to pick up the pace and raise the bar. I've seen all of this before.

Good start with Shane though.

Totally agree.

RP
10-31-2011, 07:50 AM
And for god sakes can they drive anything other then a 1980's pickup truck. Tons of cars just sitting around with keys and gas. You don't go to a zombie infested area with a old pickup truck. Seriously!

Gertner
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
I hated the show last night. I was really hoping Carl and Sophia died. The only interesting thing about last night was Shane dropping the leg on Otis and joining the NWO.,

Lock Jaw
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Loved the episode.

Shiiiiit Shane. Major heel turn right there.

Also, I like the kids being on the show. Well, I like Carl. Don't really care about Sophia and her Mother though. Sophia may or may not turn out dead from this. Carl, they will probably conveniently kill him off when the actor starts to grow too much. Kid is probably doing his best not to grow so he can be on the show longer.

Swiss Ultimate
11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
OTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalyx triaD
11-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Carl and Sophia may live long enough to have an arc unto themselves, I see several angles they could take the kids to (especially if they remain until season 3 as preteens).

Shane did what he had to do. He's the Anti-Rick. Probably gonna have a Superman/Batman dynamic eventually.

Hanso Amore
11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I really liked that, was a shame to see Otis go, I like that actor alot. Probably the biggest name on the show as well.

RP
11-02-2011, 01:51 AM
I really liked that, was a shame to see Otis go, I like that actor alot. Probably the biggest name on the show as well.

No. The chick that plays Laurie was in a lot of things. So was the guy who played Merle, eben tho we haven't seen him.

mitchables
11-02-2011, 03:19 AM
definitely much looser on the 'zombies being able to smell humans' angle this season though. i could justify the herd on the highway thing but shane just ducking out of sight when he was outside and the only living thing nearby was a little bit of a stretch :-\

Kalyx triaD
11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Let it go.

Gertner
11-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Fuck, you people are like Comic Book Guy

Hanso Amore
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
No. The chick that plays Laurie was in a lot of things. So was the guy who played Merle, eben tho we haven't seen him.

Yeah, Michael Rooker is a fairly successful actor, but I meant current people.

Andrea isnt as big a name as Taylor Pruitt Vince. Dude won emmys and shit.

Hanso Amore
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah, the realism is lost when they cant smell....on a show about the Dead rising.

Rock Bottom
11-03-2011, 03:06 AM
It's just a statement about continuity, not realism, obviously.

I like the show. I just don't see much of a shelf life.

Hanso Amore
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
It's just a statement about continuity, not realism, obviously.

I like the show. I just don't see much of a shelf life.

Its the highest rated show in Cable History. Im pretty sure your opinion is shit.

RP
11-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Michael Rooker is a fairly successful actor, but I meant current people.

Andrea isnt as big a name as Taylor Pruitt Vince. Dude won emmys and shit.

Laurie was on two seasons of Prison Break I think. She had a pretty big role. I've also seen her in a movie with Sawyer.

Also seen her on Numbers.

Hanso Amore
11-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Laurie was on two seasons of Prison Break I think. She had a pretty big role. I've also seen her in a movie with Sawyer.

Also seen her on Numbers.

I want to see her sitting on my face

RP
11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
She has a incredible hiney. That thing is good. I wanna be friends with it.

Innovator
11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah Glenn!

Rock Bottom
11-07-2011, 04:03 AM
Its the highest rated show in Cable History. Im pretty sure your opinion is shit.

That really hurts coming from someone who is both wrong and thinks that people are criticizing the realism of a zombie apocalypse based TV show.

Rock Bottom
11-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Anyway, Daryl's a bad-ass.

Sixx
11-07-2011, 07:05 AM
So. This happened to me last season as well.

But I have once again been having recurring dreams about living in a world full of zombies.

Not "recurring" as in the same dream all the time.... but in the way that the plots continue from night to night.

Last night ran afoul of an old character who was thought to be dead. Turns out he had just gone crazy and now ruled over a small area with an iron fist... and wanted to "marry" me off to his daughter... who was a zombie.

Narrowly escaped.

Before I woke up, I had reconnected with my group and we had joined forces with another small group to head for somewhere else.

Was she hot?

RP
11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Fantastic episode. I feel like people that expect zombies eating everyone, every episode, are unrealistic. I love the Daryl character. The cherokee rose scene was a scene stealer. One of the best of the series. I think the kid playing Carl is starting to grow on me. He's very good. I honestly could live with Rick dying if they wanted to do it. He has the Jack effect going. Few people probably know what I'm talking about there.

I really love all the characters. Great character development. I thought Laurie was about to give herself an abortion.

Great show.

Nice to see Micheal Rooker coming back next week.

Gertner
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Much better episode

Sixx
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I just started downloading season 1 and am already in love with this show.

Rock Bottom
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I am really curious about the whereabouts of Sophia and Daryl's brother. Wondering which, if either of them, will show up as zombies at some point.

Kalyx triaD
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Sophia will live, I think. Carl needs a romantic interest by season three.

Merl may appear next week or two, right?

Sixx
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Daryl is a motherfucker.

RP
11-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Merl is in the previews for next week.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 06:42 AM
What day does it air in USA?

Sixx
11-08-2011, 06:48 AM
lulz the SS emblem on Daryl's motorcycle

Skippord
11-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Sunday

Sixx
11-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Does every good show air Sunday?

Fuuuuck.

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Pretty much.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey, why don't they use Molotov cocktails for the bigger groups whenever they need to fight them? Come the fuck on, seemed most logical when they went to this school for supplies.

Molotov cocktails always seem logical when battling the zombies.

Innovator
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey, why don't they use Molotov cocktails for the bigger groups whenever they need to fight them? Come the fuck on, seemed most logical when they went to this school for supplies.

Molotov cocktails always seem logical when battling the zombies.

You want them to waste perfectly good booze on that?

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I beg to differ on that Sixx. By lighting zombies on fire, you're basically just making a crazed, biting pack of undead into a flaming, crazed pack of undead. I mean, yes it's going to kill them, but not as good as a blow/shot to the head.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 09:46 AM
You want them to waste perfectly good booze on that?

Who uses booze for Molotov cocktails?

Sixx
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
You drink gasoline at parties, Inno?

Sixx
11-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I beg to differ on that Sixx. By lighting zombies on fire, you're basically just making a crazed, biting pack of undead into a flaming, crazed pack of undead. I mean, yes it's going to kill them, but not as good as a blow/shot to the head.

When there's a huge group of them good luck headshooting each and every single one.

RP
11-08-2011, 09:55 AM
When there's a huge group of them good luck headshooting each and every single one.

Duh Sixx. That's why you put a bullet in the leg of the guy running away with you. Duhhhj!

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Just make sure he's really fat first.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Duh Sixx. That's why you put a bullet in the leg of the guy running away with you. Duhhhj!

Why waste a bullet if he's such a fat mess?

Just stuff him with another burger.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
By the way, Otis is scheduled to come back in the 8th episode, wonder how he managed to survive.

RP
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Could be a flash back. They've done a few . Also could be a zombie. Bye bye Shane?

RP
11-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Why waste a bullet if he's such a fat mess?

Just stuff him with another burger.

I dunno, but why didn't Otis shoot Shane? He had one bullet left.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Can't wait till they kill off Lori.

Moany bitch. Most of the boring fragments are her fault.

RP
11-08-2011, 10:45 AM
If she gave herself an abortion, would that change your mind?

Sixx
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
It would change my mind if she'd thrown herself to the zombies to slow them down and help the team.

She could come back as a zombie then, could be a leader even, as all zombies do is moan.

Innovator
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I thought Molotovs were usually vodka filled.

Sixx
11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
That's cute, but vodka doesn't burn.

They're gasoline filled.

Innovator
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
aahhh.

They need to find a hardware store or something and get some weapons.

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
WWCGD? WWFWD?

Sixx
11-08-2011, 11:31 AM
WWCGD? WWFWD?

Who?

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Chuck Green and Frank West.

Skippord
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Frank West would take mad pictures, yo

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Frank West would have exposed Lori and Shane's romp in the woods via his erotica photos worth massive amounts of PP.

Skippord
11-08-2011, 09:25 PM
it would have been Fantastic

Sixx
11-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Chuck Green

He'd tap dance the shit out of zombies?

Blitz
11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm all for storylines developing and taking time, but my God, let's resolve this whole Sophia is lost thing please. Show is so much more interesting when it shows the characters dealing with this new world, not mundane stuff like that. I don't need to see Daryl Dixon stalking through the underbrush with a crossbow yelling for Sophia while Carol looks sad anymore.

Comic related-aside: Happy to see them laying the foundation for what's in Herschel's barn.

RP
11-10-2011, 11:01 AM
God dammit I read that spoiler.

Blitz
11-10-2011, 11:06 AM
It's not that big of a spoiler tbh.

Ermaximus
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
He'd tap dance the shit out of zombies?

Guy on the right.

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/BadMen.jpg

Sixx
11-10-2011, 11:34 AM
They changed a lot of things about that Herschel's farm anyway.

No Otis shooting Carl in the comics, as far as I know.

Kalyx triaD
11-10-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm all for storylines developing and taking time, but my God, let's resolve this whole Sophia is lost thing please. Show is so much more interesting when it shows the characters dealing with this new world, not mundane stuff like that.

Jesus, Blitz, mundane stuff like looking for a lost little girl in a zombie apocalypse?

Ermaximus
11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm all for storylines developing and taking time, but my God, let's resolve this whole Sophia is lost thing please. Show is so much more interesting when it shows the characters dealing with this new world, not mundane stuff like that. I don't need to see Daryl Dixon stalking through the underbrush with a crossbow yelling for Sophia while Carol looks sad anymore.

Comic related-aside: Happy to see them laying the foundation for what's in Herschel's barn.

You mean the fact his zombie son Shawn is in there?

They changed a lot of things about that Herschel's farm anyway.

No Otis shooting Carl in the comics, as far as I know.

Yeah, in the books Otis died during the prison assault.

Blitz
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Jesus, Blitz, mundane stuff like looking for a lost little girl in a zombie apocalypse?
In the context of a TV show about a zombie apocalypse, yes, I would call that mundane. Especially when the searching for her is usually just the characters wandering through the forest shouting her name, or else using it has an excuse to get a couple of them alone for a deep conversation.

Blitz
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
You mean the fact his zombie son Shawn is in there?
Yer.

Gertner
11-12-2011, 10:29 AM
In the context of a TV show about a zombie apocalypse, yes, I would call that mundane. Especially when the searching for her is usually just the characters wandering through the forest shouting her name, or else using it has an excuse to get a couple of them alone for a deep conversation.

I would have just shot the little whore

Next Big Thing
11-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah the search for Sofia is annoying. I've hated Carol for the longest too so I wouldn't mind if both of them died horrible deaths eventually.

Thing is though, mundane stuff like that is necessary as a precursor to the major action. If Sophia doesn't run off, Carl never gets shot, Shane never has to go get medical supplies and he doesn't get his Hulk Hogan heel turn. For that reason I appreciate the annoying women and kids. The show wouldn't be as critically acclaimed as it is or have the look and feel it does if it was mindless zombie killing every week. Probably wouldn't even be on AMC.

YOUR Hero
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I dunno, but why didn't Otis shoot Shane? He had one bullet left.

He did shoot at Shane. It was the bullet graze to his hair that caused him to shave his head

G
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
I thought it was a patch of hair that Otis ripped out. Towards the end it showed Shane with a dramatic "pulling away" from Otis, who had a hold of his hair. I thought that was it. :(

Skippord
11-14-2011, 12:37 AM
lol Glenn and Dale's conversation was fantastic

Lock Jaw
11-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Also, Daryl is fantastic.

In addition, can't believe this "Where in the World is Sophia" story is going to go on for another episode.

Raven Reaper
11-14-2011, 07:51 AM
The ending of Episode 5:
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE WALKER ZOMBIES DOING IN MAGGIE'S FARM?!?!? Who the fuck kept them there? I suspect it's the old man doctor daddy of hers that really did this.. I think he's planning a trap for them!!?? And Maggie tells the Asian guy that this wasn't supposed to be seen by him or anyone!!

That was intense.

RP
11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
He did shoot at Shane. It was the bullet graze to his hair that caused him to shave his head

I don't think he shot him. I think shane got the gun and shot him again. I forget.

Daryl is great. I thought Glenn was about to get killed at the end.

Gertner
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM
This show is dragging horribly.

Shisen Kopf
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
lulz the SS emblem on Daryl's motorcycle

Fucking sweet ass bike!

Hanso Amore
11-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought it was a patch of hair that Otis ripped out. Towards the end it showed Shane with a dramatic "pulling away" from Otis, who had a hold of his hair. I thought that was it. :(

This is correct

Lock Jaw
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
The ending of Episode 5:
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE WALKER ZOMBIES DOING IN MAGGIE'S FARM?!?!? Who the fuck kept them there? I suspect it's the old man doctor daddy of hers that really did this.. I think he's planning a trap for them!!?? And Maggie tells the Asian guy that this wasn't supposed to be seen by him or anyone!!

That was intense.

TV show not comic book
I always got the feel that something like this was gonna happen with Hershel turning out to be some religious nut. Guess he has some sort of "edict" that any Walkers that they come across they save because eventually there will be a cure. Which is why Maggie looked horrified when they killed the one from the well.

I don't think it is a trap. More like a "Oh shit, they broke out! Who woulda thunk?! Welp, we're all dead!"

Swiss Ultimate
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I would like the slow pace better if I didn't have to wait a week before the next episode.

Gertner
11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I guess I would enjoy the show more if I didn't watch it back to back with Boardwalk Empire which is by FAR the best show on telelvision.

Eklipse
11-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I have the feeling that the Sophia thing is gonna be the main story of the season, but sets up pretty big stuff as well. Really starting to get into Daryl's character. If there's one person I want to die, it's Angela.

Londoner
11-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I would like the slow pace better if I didn't have to wait a week before the next episode.

Aye, the slowness stopped me watching last week, which isn't good. :mad:

Next Big Thing
11-16-2011, 10:05 AM
I didn't think it was all that bad. They're setting up an epic confrontation between Rick and Shane. If Rick thinks he needs to be protective of Lori now, once he inevitably finds out she's pregnant and assumes the possibility that the baby might be his he's going to go ape shit crazy.

Londoner
11-16-2011, 10:48 AM
That's all good, but the show isn't doing enough for me overall atm. Don't get me wrong though i hope it picks up.

Kalyx triaD
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
If you're not feeling it, don't watch it. We won't do press for the show and convince you to keep at it. This puzzles me in every thread about a game/movie/tv show where somebody wants to be 'that guy' and talk about how he doesn't wanna partake.

Londoner
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Err, i'll keep watching because im a fan of the show and want it to be better so i'll keep doing so in the hope that it does. Is that really that hard for you to understand? I wont continuously bitch about it just added what i thought of last weeks episode. If however it gets really bad then yeh i'll stop watching.

Kalyx triaD
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Not hard to understand at all. So long as you understand.

Londoner
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
You're being a bit OTT defensive here.

Kalyx triaD
11-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I know, I'm sorry.

Gertner
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Don't mind him Londoner. This is all nerds like him live for. This is literally the highpoint of his week.

Kalyx triaD
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Gertner's a weakling. Ignore everything he does.

Gertner
11-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Yes, that must be it. What do you do, spend all day looking for discrepancies between the comic book and the tv show? You're like Comic Book Guy.

Kalyx triaD
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
No, I pretty much play Rock Band 3 all day.

Sixx
11-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Which makes you a hell of a guy.

Kalyx triaD
11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Leaderboards agree.

Swiss Ultimate
11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I want to get the thing that makes you plug a real guitar into it. Not for me, natch, but for my kids.

Kalyx triaD
11-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Rocksmith? Ugh.

Swiss Ultimate
11-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I just want my kids to rock.

Kalyx triaD
11-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Band Hero

Blitz
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Tremendous ep this week.

Gertner
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Much better this week. Things actually happened, and not pointless emoish dialogue.

Shisen Kopf
11-21-2011, 10:03 PM
They need to have a masturbation hero game for the kinect. I would own that sumbitch! But yeah Walking Dead has been slow as shit this season. I think they miscast the old dude too. The dos Equis guy acting guy woulda been tits!

RP
11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Friends keep telling me Shane is going to get capped. Worst move in tv history if that happens. They need to kill Dale. Fuck he's annoying.

I forgot what Shane said to Andrea when she grabbed his dick, something like " come on in. " or something, but it was great lol.

Kalyx triaD
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
"Come on, then."

Yeah, Shane's fucking awesome.

Next Big Thing
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Shane putting Dale in his place was awesome too.

Can't stand Lori. Hope she dies horribly at some point.

Kalyx triaD
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
I can see Andrea promoted to top female by next season. Much more interesting.

Lock Jaw
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, Andrea has picked up in interest ever since she got A BRAND NEW HAT!

And is now some sort of gun expert.

Kalyx triaD
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Her gun skills are fan-service for the comic readers. There's lots of nods despite the show being it's own thing.

Skippord
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Andrea is awful

would much prefer this show just being about Rick, Shane and Daryl wandering around Georgia murdering the shit out of zombies and banging sluts

Kalyx triaD
11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
That show would be lame.

RP
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Honestly, I need Dale to die soon. Also, I'm holding off writing a long winded post about the ridiculousness of this whole show, because Shane and Daryl have been wonderful.

Kalyx triaD
11-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I really like all of the characters. Rather not have anybody die off to make people happy unless it serves a dramatic effect.

Skippord
11-22-2011, 12:51 PM
how about a show about Dale going around Georgia bitching at people and staring at them uncomfortably, and also banging sluts?

Kalyx triaD
11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
That might work as a spinoff.

Optimus Bone 69
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Just Read the first 77 comics at work, i'm a busy busy man, love both by the way

Next Big Thing
11-22-2011, 04:37 PM
how about a show about Dale going around Georgia bitching at people and staring at them uncomfortably, and also banging sluts?

Put Herschel in that and it's a hit. Especially if Herschel never bothers to learn people's names and refers to them only by their race and gender. That man's eyebrows deserve their own spinoff.

Sixx
11-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope Sophia fuckin' dies, but I know she doesn't.

Sucks.

Also, Lori needs to get bitten, can't stand the whore.

Gertner
11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
That show would be lame.

Naw it'd be pretty awesome. Fuck the stupid comic book and the nerd who obsess over it.

Ermaximus
11-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Previously, on AMC's Dale stares at the dead!

Blitz
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
There'd better be one hell of a payoff of this Sophia arc.

Lock Jaw
11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Naw it'd be pretty awesome. Fuck the stupid comic book and the nerd who obsess over it.

The comic book is serious business, though.

Skippord
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe Dale and Herschel could hypnotize zombies with their incredulous stares, and folksy racism eyebrows.

Gertner
11-23-2011, 12:41 PM
The comic book is serious business, though.

I believe Shisen and I are the authority on determining what's serious business and what isn't. Comparing the two is serious business, but the book itself is not.

Kalyx triaD
11-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Shut up, Gertner.

Gertner
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!

Kalyx triaD
11-23-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll push in front of a stampede and wait around to confirm the kill.

RP
11-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Dale face

Kalyx triaD
11-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Walker sperm

D Mac
11-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Nah Shane's a fucking punk and I hope Rick blows his head off.

Sixx
11-24-2011, 09:25 AM
I hate Rick took the news of Lori fuckin' Shane like an understandin', lovin' bitch.

Lock Jaw
11-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah. Rick needs to become more.... "morally ranged". In that he doesn't act like a "goody two-shoes" ALL of the time.

RP
11-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Unless they're setting him up to snap. That would rock.

Lock Jaw
11-24-2011, 01:33 PM
When Lori gets eaten by a walker.

Kalyx triaD
11-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Rick = Superman/Goku, Shane = Batman/Vegeta

It's fairly obvious that's the set-up they have here. Rick has to be the goody-good while Shane plays the foil. Only in the event of Shane's death would they darken up Rick. And yeah, it would take something happening to Lori or Carl to reach that point.

Sixx
11-24-2011, 02:00 PM

BLERD

Gertner
11-24-2011, 02:19 PM

It's fairly obvious that's the set-up they have here. Rick has to be the goody-good while Shane plays the foil. Only in the event of Shane's death would they darken up Rick. And yeah, it would take something happening to Lori or Carl to reach that point.

I wanna beat you up and steal your lunch money and give you a swerly

Skippord
11-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Rick needs to snap and turn badass no nonsense heel

Gertner
11-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Rick needs to snap and turn badass no nonsense heel

Submission machine

Next Big Thing
11-25-2011, 06:50 AM
I hate Rick took the news of Lori fuckin' Shane like an understandin', lovin' bitch.

That was weird as hell to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he "dead" for only a couple of weeks before Shane started smashing? Hell, she still wore his wedding ring around her neck. You'd think he'd be pissed off with at least one of them instead of being like "I know. It's okay."

Sixx
11-25-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure if it was even a couple of weeks.

Shisen Kopf
11-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I believe Shisen and I are the authority on determining what's serious business and what isn't. Comparing the two is serious business, but the book itself is not.

The book is not serious business. The show is serious business but they need to liven it up and get to killing zombies.

Gertner
11-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Listening to them telling each other how they feel is definitely not serious business.

Innovator
11-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Lori needs to die, and they need to find a home depot or something full of zombie killing devices.

RP
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Home Depot don't exist. Nor does cell phones, internet and tv. They just ride horses and stuff.

RP
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Like Kevin Costner in The Postman

Next Big Thing
11-27-2011, 06:16 PM
They've really made Georgia look like a backwater piece of shit place to live. We do have vehicles made after 1970 down here, neo nazi redneck bikers aren't as prevalent and black people have full names here and don't usually go by T Dawg until they've gotten to know you better.

Lock Jaw
11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah, you would think by now, "T-Dogg" would have revealed his real name to the group. Changes are it starts with a T.

"World is ending, but I gotta keep my totally badass nickname intact! Just in case!"

Skippord
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
hasn't he said his name is Theodore before?

Lock Jaw
11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I guess so. Wiki has him down as "Theodore "T-Dog" Douglas"

Lock Jaw
11-27-2011, 06:39 PM
I bet his nickname wasn't even T-Dog before the whole zombie thing. Was probably "Coco" before.

He was probably like "Everybody I know is dead!!!! .... Sweet, I get my pick of nicknames now! I'm T-Dog now! T-DOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGG!!"

Requiem
11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
It's really just a fat Terrell Davis.

Innovator
11-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I hear the name Sophia and I get angry.

Innovator
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
YES

Eklipse
11-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Wow....didn't expect that one. Great episode.

Shisen Kopf
11-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Finally, don't have to hear them whining about finding that stupid kid anymore.

Raven Reaper
11-28-2011, 03:06 AM
The ending showing the zombified Sophia was A BIG FUCKING SURPRISE!! I KNEW IT!!! Although, it's a little bit tough to cry down even if it means losing one of your precious daughters or family, sacrifices by killing them is just a mean of survival in the zombie world. R.I.P. Sophia... You were worth it despite all the moaning and whining how your mom desperately wants to find you

I liked it. *wipes tears with a tissue*

Next Big Thing
11-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Damn good midseason finale. Loved how after all the rest of them were slaughtering zombies so easily Rick was the only one with the guts to put Sophia down.

Knew Shane would go full on psycho once he found out Lori was knocked up.

Sixx
11-28-2011, 06:47 AM
The ending showing the zombified Sophia was A BIG FUCKING SURPRISE!! I KNEW IT!!! Although, it's a little bit tough to cry down even if it means losing one of your precious daughters or family, sacrifices by killing them is just a mean of survival in the zombie world. R.I.P. Sophia... You were worth it despite all the moaning and whining how your mom desperately wants to find you

I liked it. *wipes tears with a tissue*

So a surprise or you knew it?

Ermaximus
11-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Lori needs to die, and they need to find a home depot or something full of zombie killing devices.

If all holds up the way they're headed, she dies during the prison assault, along with a shitload of others.

Read at your own risk Inno, and everyone else.

Innovator
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah I've caught up on the comic storylines.

I wonder what they'll do about Rick's hand when they get to the Governor.

Ermaximus
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
That's if they even go that route Inno.

Gertner
11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
THANK FUCKING GOD!

Sixx
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
THANK FUCKING GOD!

For Sophia finally getting a bullet to the head?

I'm thankful for that as well.

Stupid little bitch was making this show slow.

Innovator
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
But that in the end would give the people what they want.

Sixx
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
What?

Innovator
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
In refernce to Ermie's post: Lots of shooting & a dead Lori

Shisen Kopf
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Why the spoiler tags? The show was on last night. Anyway we need to see more kid zombies getting shot in the head.

Sixx
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
In refernce to Ermie's post: Lots of shooting & a dead Lori

Oh, well, I certainly hope the bitch dies eventually.

Gertner
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Why the spoiler tags? The show was on last night. Anyway we need to see more kid zombies getting shot in the head.

Because these fat nerds keep posting shit from the comic book

Sixx
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Doesn't really matter.

Shit is different from the comic book.

Although, I think they should stick to what the comic book says in a couple of things, like you know, Lori dying.

Honestly can't stand the anorexic whore and her dumb ass constantly surprised face.

Gertner
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I honestly hope every chick gets killed on the show, along with Carl. They are just plain useless. Well, except for Maggie.