PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Alberto Del Rio cashes in before SummerSlam

Rock Bottom
07-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Facts

There are two champions. None of this confusion about the title has been cleared up at all. Alberto has already failed to cash in his briefcase on two occasions. Both Cena and Punk are faces, in Punk's case, if he's not there yet, he will be. Obviously, Alberto is a heel.

Scenarios

They book Cena vs. Punk for SummerSlam. But between that time and SummerSlam, Alberto cashes in on one of them and takes their title.

Alberto cashes in after their match at SummerSlam.

Alberto cashes in DURING their match at SummerSlam. (Disadvantageous, but in kayfabe, he could do it while they were both "down and out")

Alberto cashes in at any time in any situation but actually loses.

SummerSlam is in L.A., The Rock could show up and do any number of things. He's already cost Cena the title once, and CM Punk called him an ass kisser and he hasn't really responded.

Questions

Is there any way to execute a successful cash-in without cooling off the Punk/Cena feud? If not, would it be prudent for Alberto to lose his cash-in?

Would it make any sense for him at all to just hang onto it?

If this were to happen, who would he cash in on?

Are there enough heels to actually feed both Cena and Punk for a healthy title reign? If not, do you push more heels, or turn one of them heel? Punk could last a while with the current heel roster, but I think Cena has beaten everyone but Alberto.

Do you think Cena's gonna fall off the truck for a while after SummerSlam?

Thoughts/Noid posts

plz give

dhellova guy
07-27-2011, 05:22 PM
If Punk beats Cena, I could see Del Rio trying to cash in either that night, or on Raw. I think if Cena wins, i'll throw my steel toed shoe threw my 60 inch tv and stop watching WWE, so I wouldn't really care what Del Rio does.

I don't see anything happening before SummerSlam.

I have always thought that, since the MITB winner is entitled to a Championship match at any time, that WWE should book their champion (Cena, in this case) on a late night talk show, have Mr. MITB (Del Rio) come out, bring a ref & a time keeper, knock out the champ, call for a falls count anywhere match, and win the belt right there.

Disco Apocalypse
07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Is there any way to execute a successful cash-in without cooling off the Punk/Cena feud?

No.

That should answer most of the other questions.

Del Rio rules, but he should stay the fuck away and be brought in when the angle starts showing any sign of getting stale.

XL
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Couldn't he just hold the briefcase for a while? Would that be so bad?

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2011, 05:49 AM
I don't think it fits right now. Personally, this whole thing should be about Cena and Punk. Del Rio can remind them he has the briefcase, but before SummerSlam is too early for a cash-in, in my opinion. It just darkens the waters of what could be a beautiful feud between Cena and Punk.

Now, if Del Rio cashed in on the winner of Cena/Punk? That's a different story. It'd make sense, and although I would like to see CM Punk win, I have a feeling someone will be costing him the match (probably Triple H). Del Rio cashing in on Cena after their match as Cena seems upset that he beat Punk the way that he did, or even after Punk beats down Cena, could be great.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Couldn't he just hold the briefcase for a while? Would that be so bad?

No, it wouldn't. But apparently the WWE wants Del Rio to be the WWE Champion for their October tour of Mexico (which makes sense).

RiX1024
08-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Doubt it, I can see him just tease and tease cashing it in but won't do it until October and be champ in Mexico.

Rock Bottom
08-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Del Rio cashing in on Cena after their match as Cena seems upset that he beat Punk the way that he did, or even after Punk beats down Cena, could be great.

That'd be a pretty damned good finish to SummerSlam. It'd add even more unpredictable clusterfuck to the show as well. Keep me glued for longer.

I didn't necessarily think it was time to cash it in either, I just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to acknowledge how open-ended this entire storyline is. There are two champions, and WWE's next big project running around with a MITB briefcase. Pretty crazy.

Rock Bottom
08-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Doubt it, I can see him just tease and tease cashing it in but won't do it until October and be champ in Mexico.

Yeah, he's been stopped twice. I don't think they should keep that up though, or else it will make him look really stupid and hurt the belt when he takes it, maybe even waste a bit of his credibility.

Shadrick
08-01-2011, 07:30 AM
If he takes it from Cena, I see him being cheered.

M-A-G
08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
You're assuming that Punk is going to be booked as a face though. Yes, he got a pop but this is the WWE in 2011 we're talking about here.

Rock Bottom
08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Punk has to be booked as a face. He's already run down the roster as a heel, and after his push the only really believable feud he'd have is Cena. And people seem to have made up their mind to cheer Punk over Cena. This isn't just in Chicago, he out popped him already. Whether or not he's as over as a face as Cena remains to be seen, but I'd assume he will be, if not more. To ruin all that momentum with heel booking against Cena would piss a lot of fans off.

He also went over Cena twice, 90% clean. I say 90% because Cena was distracted by being all noble.

Mr. Nerfect
08-02-2011, 03:55 AM
If he takes it from Cena, I see him being cheered.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure Del Rio will be booked as a conquering hero in Mexico. He could be booked like Bret Hart -- a face in his own country, but a heel everywhere else.

Basically, this is how I see it going:

* Triple H screws CM Punk at SummerSlam, allowing John Cena's reign with the WWE Championship to be considered the official one. Cena is all "Nah, this is bullshit, Hunter," but gets jumped by Del Rio and put in the Cross Armbreaker. Cena has to tap-out, and Del Rio is the new WWE Champion.

* Punk wants another match, and Triple H is all "Naw, man. You're not the former champion -- John Cena is, and Rey Mysterio was before him. Get in line." Punk is then all "I want a match with you, Triple H." "Naw, sorry, bro. I don't do that anymore, got a business to run."

* Del Rio vs. Cena is confirmed for Night of Champions, and the match doesn't reach a proper conclusion, because CM Punk crashes the main event and lays out both men. He walks out with the WWE Title.

* Hell in a Cell is a Triple Threat between Cena, Del Rio and Punk in the Cell.

XL
08-02-2011, 06:15 AM
What about the rest of the HHH/Punk fued? What does Punk do to get HHH to sign to a match?

Got blue balls over here!!

Mr. Nerfect
08-03-2011, 07:36 AM
He'd be Punk and provoke Triple H time and time again. Eventually crossing a line in classic Punk fashion, blurring the lines between tweener and complete babyface status. He'd essentially be like Orton -- the same character he was as a heel, but we really want to see him get his way.