PDA

View Full Version : The 25th Anniversary of Survivor Series is only 3 1/2 months away...

DAMN iNATOR
08-01-2011, 03:51 PM
...so, in here, book your ideal Survivor Series 25th Anniversary event.

The Jayman
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
all matches will be the traditional survivor series elimination tag matches

M-A-G
08-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Undertaker comes back for a cameo appearance and Sheamus beats the snot out of the Gobbledy Gooker to really cement his face turn.

Cuse8
08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
im still mad that the wwe released volume 1 and 2 of old SS but never came through with volumes 3 and 4

M-A-G
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
-edit-

Never mind. I'm pretty sure that would've set this topic waaaaaaaaaay off course.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Chef Boyardee takes part in a gauntlet match for the whole 3 hours, succumbing only to the 48th man of 50: Charles Barkley.

M-A-G
08-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I'll give it a whirl. I'll limit it to six matches because the WWE doesn't have a lot going on that's clear at the moment plus I intend for that Sheamus/Gooker segment to go on for at least 15 minutes. So here we go:

World Heavyweight Title: Randy Orton (c) vs. Mark Henry

WWE Title: CM Punk (c) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena vs. R-Truth

Christian, Wade Barrett, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, Heath Slater vs. Kane, Ezekiel Jackson, Sin Cara, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel

The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, and Drew McIntyre vs. Alex Riley, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, and Big Show

WWE Tag Titles: New Nexus vs. Kozlov/Marella vs. The Usos

WWE Diva's Title: Don't care but the WWE really seems to love sticking this sucker on PPVs nowadays.

DAMN iNATOR
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Chef Boyardee takes part in a gauntlet match for the whole 3 hours, succumbing only to the 48th man of 50: Charles Barkley.

LOL. This post reminds me of when Rock and Booker fought for Booker's WCW Championship at SummerSlam '01 and when Heyman called the Spin-A-Roonie, J.R. remarked about it sounding "like something delicious that Chef Boyardee would make."

Jordan
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Here is what I'd like to see as of now... It's dream we'll see if it happens (doubtful)

Main Event 8-Man Elimination Match
Team Punk (Punk, Colt Cabana, & The Kings of Wrestling) vs Team Game (HHH, Cena, Daniel Bryan, and John Morrison)

World Heavyweight Title Match
Randy Orton (c) vs Mark Henry

Survivor Series Elimination Match AKA Kill The Heel
Team Bad Guys (Del Rio, Miz, Ziggler, and The Truth) vs Team Babyface (Rey Mysterio, Alex Riley, Kofi Kingston, and Evan Bourne)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Wade Barrett (c) vs Sheamus

Survivor Series Elimination Match aka Battle of the Giants
Team Kane (Kane, Khali, Mahal, and Brodus Clay) vs Team Zeke (Big Zeke, The Big Show, and the returning Mason Ryan and Skip Sheffield

Singles Match
Cody Rhodes vs Christain

10 Diva's Gauntlet for the Diva's Championship

Obviously a lot of work would need to be done to make my card work but I'd have Punk obviously slowly debut a new stable, the former ROH guys to combat The Game who then builds his army. The match would be incredible and get a lot of younger talent over in a big way, kinda like the last Summerslam main event.

I'd have Barrett take the title from Zeke when for some reason Kane wants to cost Zeke the match starting a feud with them. Kane then builds a team to go against Zeke's mystery team, the returning big Show and returning babyfaces Mason Ryan and Skip Sheffield (who may start a tag team). Also Brodus Clay comes back because he's awesome.

Random Diva's match to fit in a bunch of hotties, it always works.

Christian and Rhodes get into it after Orton wins the title, but due to a clause there is no rematch for Christain. Rhodes feeling that he is due for a shot gets in Christains way and thus begins the start of a potential Rhodes babyface turn which is gonna happen eventually I'd say.

VSG
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Whatever happened to Brodus Clay? :'(

Shisen Kopf
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
They should make this a super serious survivor series in the art of rasslin.

XL
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Is this the actual 25th anniversary or the 25th edition?

DAMN iNATOR
08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Is this the actual 25th anniversary or the 25th edition?

25th edition, although with the 25th edition of Mania they called it the 25th "Anniversary" of Mania even though it wasn't. Still, I just ran with it.

BizarroKing
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
WWE Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs Sheamus

Raw Survivor Series match: John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley, and Zack Ryder vs The Miz, R-Truth, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger

SD! Survivor Series match: Randy Orton, Kane, Ezekiel Jackson, Sin Cara and Justin Gabriel vs Wade Barrett, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Heath Slater, and Johnny Curtis

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan: I wanna think of someone Bryan can beat to truly cement his Main Event status. They've been doing well with him so far but he should get a win over someone big.

Jinder Mahal vs The Great Khali as a time killer match.

Some sort of Divas Survivor Series match and promo with The Rock.

loopydate
08-01-2011, 10:01 PM
25th edition, although with the 25th edition of Mania they called it the 25th "Anniversary" of Mania even though it wasn't. Still, I just ran with it.

Having flashbacks...

I think an anniversary is one year from the date of an original event - like the 25th anniversary of Star Wars, or whatever.

it's the 25th anniversary of the original: "WrestleMania." I don't see what the problem is here.

Right so the 1st anniversary of Wrestlemania would be Wrestlemania 2. So it's one year off and Wrestlemania 25 would be the 24th anniversary

NEWS FLASH DUBBLE DUBBLE E: It's not the 25th Anniversary

No, it couldn't. Because Mani 1 was the first one, not the first annual. There was no Mania 0. Mania 2 was the first anniversary.

Your wedding isn't the first anniversary of being in love. But your first anniversary is your first anniversary, because you've then been married for a year.

If you can't tell, this has been irritating me, too.

Again, so pointless. The new millenium technically began in 2001, but you didn't see the whole world complaining. Sometimes it's just easier to celebrate things at certain times. Celebrating the 25th anniversary at the 25th wrestlemania just makes sense, even if it's only the 24th.
It's more lame sounding to celebrate the 25th anniversary at Wrestlemania 26.

The only meaning it holds is that which the fans and company place on it. It doesn't have to be science.

You ever celebrate a birthday on a friday, or on the same day as another friends, just because it makes sense and it's easier?

:'( Jeritron

WrestleMania - 25th Anniversary is occuring on the 24th anniversary. Now, if they were calling this the 25th WrestleMania or - probably more appropriately - Wrestlemania 25, no one would have a problem with it. Or, hell, call it the Silver Anniversary, since silver was just sort of arbitrarily assigned the number 25 with no actual numerical significance. There is any number of ways they can utilize the fact that 25 is a significant number without looking like retards who don't know the meaning of the word "anniversary."

...remind me to tell my girlfriend that I don't need to get her anything for our six month anniversary, because we already had it five months to the day after we started dating.

DLVH84
08-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Why not have at least 4 Survivor Series-style matches, 2 for RAW, 2 for SmackDown!, and the survivors face each other in a Raw vs. SmackDown! Finale.

Innovator
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
JESUS DE CRISTE IT'S ONLY 3 1/2 MONTHS AWAY?! WE HAVE TO PLAN!

Mr. C
08-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Survivor Series Match: Team Cena (John Cena, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, & Zack Ryder) vs. Team Rock (The Rock, Big Show, Goldust, Kane, & Mick Foley)

Fatal Four World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian © vs. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

WWE Championship Match: CM Punk © vs. R-Truth

Survivor Series Match: Team Rhodes (Cody Rhodes, Heath Slater, Ted DiBiase, & Wade Barrett) vs. Team Bryan (Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel, & Sin Cara)

Survivor Series Match: Team Riley (Alex Riley, Chris Masters, David Hart Smith, Evan Bourne, & JTG) vs. Team Miz (The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, & Jack Swagger)

Great Khali vs. Jinder Mahal

Mr. Nerfect
08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Submission Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: CM Punk with the Anaconda Vise.

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Christian
Winner: Christian via pinfall on Wade Barrett after using a steel chair to set-up The Killswitch.

Survivor Series Elimination Match
John Cena, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison & Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, R-Truth, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre
Winners: Team Heel with Dolph Ziggler surviving.

Survivor Series Elimination Match
Sheamus, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson & Sin Cara vs. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Heath Slater & Tyson Kidd
Winners: Team Babyface with all their members surviving.

WWE United States Championship
Alex Riley (c) vs. Zack Ryder
Winner: Zack Ryder via pinfall after some heel assist from Curt Hawkins.

The Great Khali vs. Jinder Mahal
Winner: The once again face Great Khali.

WWE Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Natalya
Winner: Beth Phoenix via pinfall with the Glam Slam.

BONUS:

If There's Time Survivor Series Elimination Match
Mason Ryan, Evan Bourne, Santino Marella, Vladimir Kozlov & Chris Masters vs. Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga, JTG, Primo & Tyler Reks
Winners: Team Ryan with Mason Ryan & Evan Bourne surviving.