PDA

View Full Version : Jayson WIlliams Trial

BCWWF
04-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Honestly, does anybody care about this trial at all? It recieves so much media coverage it is rediculous. I have heard of Williams, but I can't tell you one thing about him, I'm pretty sure he was a solid/good player a while back, but why are we being fed all of this information on his trial? There is other sports news I would rather see.

The Icon of Elisim
04-30-2004, 09:22 PM
I read his autobiography, he seemed pretty cocky. Like he said that he could beat Shaq in a fight and stuff. I honestly don't care about the trial and I'm glad that its getting no attention in Canada

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-30-2004, 09:33 PM
He was a good player and a did a lot of stuff for the community.

I think what he did was a big mistake but that's just what I think. I think he played around too much with some serious shit but I dont think he is a bad guy

Ive heard reports he tried to get rid of the body and stuff, I dunno if they are true or what but even if they are I think he just freaked out and was not thinking clearly. I dunno I don't think he is a danger to society so I dunno what locking him up would do...but then again he did kill somebody..accidental or not

Also I dont think the Media is really cramming this down our throats or anything. I mean they cover it but its not nearly as bad as the Kobe Bryant Trial

PureHatred
04-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Kobe is far more well known than Jayson Williams ever was.

But I do think this was just an accident and its truly unfortunate that a man died. Williams was stupid, but he isn't a criminal and I think he's going to be haunted by this for the rest of his life. And that driver's family is probably going to sue him fo millions. So, basically, everybody loses.

The Outlaw
05-01-2004, 01:19 AM
lol

Not guilty for manslaughter and etc., but guilty for tampering with evidence and tampering with witnesses.

I mean seriously now come on.

MoRcHeEbA
05-01-2004, 02:16 AM
yeah, that's some messed up shit, all the evidence pointed to him doing it, and then he only gets charged with "Tampering" WELL WTF WHY WOULD HE TAMPER WITH SHIT IF HE DIDNT DO IT. I don't see how anyone can use a defense of "it was an accident"

YOU KILLED A GUY YOU DUMB SHIT accident or NOT you killed a man

The Outlaw
05-01-2004, 02:17 AM
yeah, that's some messed up shit, all the evidence pointed to him doing it, and then he only gets charged with "Tampering" WELL WTF WHY WOULD HE TAMPER WITH SHIT IF HE DIDNT DO IT. I don't see how anyone can use a defense of "it was an accident"

YOU KILLED A GUY YOU DUMB SHIT accident or NOT you killed a man

EXACTLY

That was the conversation me and my dad had about it. Pretty messed up :n:

BCWWF
05-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Kobe Bryant's case is legit in the news coverage, because he is probably one of the top three, if not most well known player in the NBA right now. I am just saying why is Jayson Williams' trial national news on TV I swear just about every other day? Most people wouldn't know who he was without the trial, and I am sure similar crimes happen just about everyday. Meh, I don't mean to really complain, because like Stima said they aren't shoving it down our throats, but I just don't really see why we need to be updated so often?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Well he was an all star in 1998 so a lot of people probably do know him :-\

The Outlaw
05-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah I remember him well.

BCWWF
05-02-2004, 12:24 AM
He played that recently? :?: My bad, I thought he was some guy who played in the 80's or something, but even so :meh:

The Dub
05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Kobe is far more well known than Jayson Williams ever was.

Way to point out the obvious.

The Dub
05-06-2004, 01:36 PM
It's funny how brothers with money can get away with murder these days.

The Outlaw
05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
It's funny how brothers with money can get away with murder these days.

:$

I'm taking it this is in reference to OJ also being "not guilty" when everything pointed to him doing it?

BCWWF
05-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Anyone with money can get away with shit. Those Enron guys should be punished just as much as murderers

faust34
05-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Williams was famous on the Nets for a few years while the Nets were cellar dwellers in the east. I think he is guilty as hell. He seemed like a good man and worked to give something back to the community, but the man is now an idiot in my eyes. He was apparently twirling the shot gun like he was in some sort of rodeo before it went off. His carelessness killed someone and now he belongs in jail, good person or not.