PDA

View Full Version : Question about CM Punk's "shoots"

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 12:54 AM
So with the Nash shoot on this past RAW, do they still let Punk adlib his material by letting him keep it all to himself or does he have to let his "victims" in on exactly what he's about to say beforehand?

Like does Vince just trust him to just go out there and say what needs to be said, giving him the carte blanche to just say what he wants on the fly? Does Vince still need to approve anything etc etc (ie. Just go out there and say what you want, just make sure to be entertaining)

For example, seems like Cena and Nash didn't know what was coming and they seemed caught off guard when Punk verbally owned both of them.

And Nash seemed lost for words and seemed legit embarrassed and had no comeback at all, hence the "stumbling on his words"

Also when Punk mentioned Cena's failed bodybuilding career attempt, Cena seemed mad embarrassed and had the look on his face like "Fuck, that was embarrassing, that's why I'm smiling to cover up my nervousness"

FILL ME IN

What Would Kevin Do?
08-20-2011, 10:00 AM
I read that Punk and Nash did not discuss the interview before hand, but whether or not that's true, who knows.

I think if the people don't know it makes it more "real" and it comes off better. I mean, heck, in the Nash segment, there were times when it was obvious Punk was stalling for something to say. "I like wafflehouse." Punk just covers his stalling amazingly well.

Shisen Kopf
08-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Punk shoulda called him Poochie. But yeah they were winging it.

Aguakate
08-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Punk don't wanna shoot with Nash. It'll end up with Kevin saying this he shouldn't say. He won't let Punk get the best of him, so it's better if they talk it over beforehand.

Razzamajazz
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
according to the youtube comments, it was 100% scripted word for word, and was also fake and gay

Next Big Thing
08-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Punk don't wanna shoot with Nash. It'll end up with Kevin saying this he shouldn't say. He won't let Punk get the best of him, so it's better if they talk it over beforehand.

I dunno. Maybe if this was 5 to 10 years ago. Now, in a straight shoot for shoot I think Punk would take him since most of Nash's stuff would be dated and about how the NWO changed wrestling.

Nash would whoop his ass once they got to the back though.

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I think Punk just used his natural charm and charisma to convince Nash to let him shoot on him like that

Punk's already in Vince's ear, so I'm thinking Nash has the "if you can't beat em'...join em" attitude towards Punk

CM Punk is the new black