PDA

View Full Version : Impact Spoilers for 9/1 and 9/8

Xero
08-26-2011, 02:44 AM
From PWInsider:

TNA Impact Wrestling 9/1:

*Hulk Hogan was out to cut a promo to open the show. TNA champion Kurt Angle came out and said he was going to take out Sting. Sting accepted.

*Gunner pinned RVD in a Bound for Glory bout after Jerry Lynn interfered.

*Eric Bischoff announced Karen Jarrett was now in charge of the Knockouts. ODB and Jackie Moore are now members of the roster. Traci Brooks is Jarrett's assistant.

*Jesse Sorenson and Brian Kendrick defeated Austin Aries and Kid Kash.

*Mickie James pinned Winter to win the TNA Knockouts title with the Chick Kick.

*Matt Morgan and Samoa Joe went back and forth and started brawling.

*Christopher Daniels pinned AJ Styles.

*Kurt Angle pinned Sting. Hogan was there as referee. Immortal worked over Sting but Ken Anderson returned (already?) to make the save.

9/8 Impact Wrestling:

*D'Angelo Dinero & Devon defeated The British Invasion.

*Jeremy Borash announced the four finalists for the Bound for Glory series - James Storm, Gunner, Robert Roode and Bully Ray. They announced a Four Corners match for No Surrender with the winner getting the title shot at Bound for Glory.

*TNA TV champ Eric Young pinned Robbie E.

*Winter and Angelina Love defeated Velvet Sky & TNA Knockouts champ Mickie James.

*Ken Anderson defeated TNA champ Kurt Angle by DQ when Immortal interfered. Sting got involved.

*They announced that The Network had given Jeff Hardy the chance to speak his mind. Hardy came out and said that he let everyone down, both the fans and everyone in the back. He asked everyone to give him one more shot to prove himself, even if they cannot forgive him for what he's done.

---

Expanded version of the final segment, also from PWInsider:

As noted in Billy Krotchsen's spoilers, the TNA Impact taping in Huntsville, Alabama ended with Jeff Hardy coming out to cut a promo with the storyline being that The Network had given him the time.

Hardy specifically mentioned the Victory Road PPV where he had personal issues that put the show into the toilet, commenting that he let the fans, the company and the other wrestlers down. He understood that he might not be forgiven but asked that everyone give him one more chance.

The crowd in Huntsville got behind Hardy, chanting "One More Chance" as he left the ring, placing the mic down in the ring before exiting the venue. The scene will close the 9/8 Impact Wrestling episode.

Xero
08-26-2011, 02:45 AM
"Give me one more chance. Trust me. It's the 420th time the charm."

Captain of Fun
08-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Never too late to sort your life out, and he's never really acknowledged his fuck ups so publicly before, so who knows.

Not saying I believe him, I'm just not ruling out the possibility that he might shape up.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-26-2011, 04:43 AM
What, no Ken Anderson turn? Bullshit.

Tom Guycott
08-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Never too late to sort your life out, and he's never really acknowledged his fuck ups so publicly before, so who knows.

Not saying I believe him, I'm just not ruling out the possibility that he might shape up.

Yes. Yes he has.

In programs with both CM Punk and his brother Matt in WWE. Both times and angle was made out of it and he was pushed to the moon.

Now, it's just Impact Wrestling's turn to milk the Jeff Hardy "I'm sorry fans, you forgive me?" cash cow. As long as the girls scream when the magnificent bastard takes his shirt off and he jumps off of shit for everyone else, he's marketable.

This is sad to say, but even though he might get cleaned up for awhile, this will likely not end until Jeff is found dead somewhere or blows a spot and gets permanantly injured and can no longer work- which will lead to him being found dead somewhere. Maybe he'll prove me wrong... just saying I doubt it.

That's what is so head-scratching about this. If Jeff Hardy wasn't Jeff Hardy, he'd never get another shot with any company with any kind of TV deal ever again, and maybe then someone would push REALLY HARD to get him some help. Maybe even himself. Instead he's being both coddled and taken advantage of by being given chance after chance after chance after rehire after chance.

This isn't Hardy hate that is so prevalant around here. It's just how I see it.

Captain of Fun
08-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Yes, as part of an angle. But not a formal apology addressed in the middle of the ring, by himself, to his fans and coworkers.

Just holds a bit more weight to it, is all I'm sayin'.

Not much, given his track record, but a little.

Rammsteinmad
08-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Really fucking confused about who's in what stable right now. So Anderson and Angle both turned?

Also, as much as I love TNA (or 'loved' TNA) I'm finding it really hard to tolerate all this mid-90's WCW bullshit. Fucking hate every single main event, whether it's Impact or PPV or any other shows, having run-ins, post-match beatdowns, some stipulation involving Hogan, or any other drama/clusterfuck.

Ditto for Jeff Hardy.

Captain of Fun
08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Really fucking confused about who's in what stable right now. So Anderson and Angle both turned?

Also, as much as I love TNA (or 'loved' TNA) I'm finding it really hard to tolerate all this mid-90's WCW bullshit. Fucking hate every single main event, whether it's Impact or PPV or any other shows, having run-ins, post-match beatdowns, some stipulation involving Hogan, or any other drama/clusterfuck.

Ditto for Jeff Hardy.

Don't know if you're describing impact wrestling, or every tna event, ever.

Rammsteinmad
08-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Every TNA event ever. :mad:

Innovator
08-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Heel to Face to Heel to Face in two months! That's our Russo!

Droford
08-26-2011, 11:08 AM
So out of Beer Money and Gunner-Bully, who gets the title shot?

Im pretty shocked with those 4.

Also, I should wonder what the No Surrender PPV Card is...since it's on 9/11 which is after the last show they just taped.

Jordan
08-26-2011, 11:31 AM
I hope Bobby Roode gets it's.

St. Jimmy
08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Fire him out of a cannon pointed at CZW.

Aguakate
08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Heel to Face to Heel to Face in two months! That's our Russo!

Russo himself should go heel, put on a mask and revive the name "Vic Venom".

Emperor Smeat
08-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Didn't watch last week but it seems odd to have spent all that time building up Crimson during the Bound for Glory series only to drop him at the last moment. Bully Ray would actually be #1 overall with Crimson gone.

Also noticed Gunner gets to be in the final 4 despite loosing a lot of matches (2nd most losses).

Skippord
08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
bet Anderson turns heel in 3 weeks by attacking Sting and joining Angle, but then Angle turns on Anderson to align with Sting. Sting would then stay face but beat Kurt Angle for the title when Hogan turns on Angle.

The Show Off
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm glad to see that it'll probably be Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle at Bound for Glory for a moment it looked like it was going to be Crimson vs. Kurt Angle, that would have been awful.

A Bobby Roode (as they've started calling him again) main event push is long over due and the two of them are going to put on a good match.

The Show Off
08-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Didn't watch last week but it seems odd to have spent all that time building up Crimson during the Bound for Glory series only to drop him at the last moment. Bully Ray would actually be #1 overall with Crimson gone.

Also noticed Gunner gets to be in the final 4 despite loosing a lot of matches (2nd most losses).

Crimson was beaten up at the end of Impact this week by Samoa Joe and Joe "broke his leg" which will lead to a match between the two at Bound fore Glory which is merciful because Crimson in the main even would have been waaaay to soon. Bobby Roode will be the guy to face Kurt Angle he's the only one of the 4 that makes sense.

taker707
08-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Crimson was beaten up at the end of Impact this week by Samoa Joe and Joe "broke his leg" which will lead to a match between the two at Bound fore Glory which is merciful because Crimson in the main even would have been waaaay to soon. Bobby Roode will be the guy to face Kurt Angle he's the only one of the 4 that makes sense.

So if it makes sense . Then TNA will go the other way and make gunner the winner

Skippord
08-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Bully Ray vs Kurt Angle, book it

The Show Off
08-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Bully Ray vs Kurt Angle, book it

That would be a terrible main event, but...

Ever since he went solo Bully Ray has been awesome. I always liked Bubba as a solo guy and he's doing well as a character as well as a in matches.

Autobahn
08-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Still don't know who Gunner is.

Autobahn
08-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Also, since TNA won't get rid of Hardy, I think this is the best course of action they could have taken. If they had him come back just randomly and pretty much forget his last appearance then it would be le shits.

bigslimjj
08-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Roode will prollly get the shot,but Storm could be a very marketable champ...wait what am I saying...this is TNA. Angle vs. Gunner BFG 2012.