PDA

View Full Version : Nash Released?

Xero
09-07-2011, 01:26 PM
From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Kevin Nash as of Monday, Sept. 5, 2011. We wish Kevin the best in all future endeavors.

---

Not sure if this is a work to sell an angle or not...

James Diesel
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Does seem fishy. Probably pulling one of those short versions of a Daniel Bryan firing and return

Kane Knight
09-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Everything ever is a work.

Aguakate
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I hope it's a work.

I can't tell what's part of an angle and what's not anymore...

FearedSanctity
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, pretty sure this is just a follow up to sell HHH "firing" him, especially since it says as of Monday

Juan
09-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Come on, it's a work.

The Ravishing One
09-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, pretty sure this is just a follow up to sell HHH "firing" him, especially since it says as of Monday

St. Jimmy
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Kayfabe.

Lock Jaw
09-07-2011, 01:46 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/118/259470-ackbar_super.jpg
IT'S A WORK!

Juan
09-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Don't quit your day job, Lock Jaw

Aguakate
09-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Come on, it's a work.

This was posted at the TPWW front page:

WWE.com posted the following today…

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Kevin Nash as of Monday, Sept. 5, 2011. We wish Kevin the best in all future endeavors.

Then, Ryan Clark commented:

More soon but this looks like the real deal for now.

LOL this guy...

:nono:

Supreme Olajuwon
09-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Seems just as possible that it's not a work. Also would make a lot of sense if it was legit considering how Punk/Nash was instantly scrapped and they went to Punk/HHH.

BUT I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!

Aguakate
09-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Just underneath the story at the front page, we have:

Kevin Nash Fails WWE Drug Test – SHOCKER >>!!

Haha...this Clark guy knows nothing.

Rollermacka
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Everything ever is a work.

Your a work!

Rammsteinmad
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
*You're

Supreme Olajuwon
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
*Yore

Taker it Easy
Such things are making it hard for me to Taker it Easy.

Hanso Amore
Seems just as possible that it's not a work. Also would make a lot of sense if it was legit considering how Punk/Nash was instantly scrapped and they went to Punk/HHH.

BUT I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!

Yes. As well as tying up loose ends by having him be the texter...so it wraps it all up in a bow.

Rammsteinmad
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this is a work.

The bulk of this angle has been based around Nash, Triple H and Punk. HHH and Punk have a No DQ match, with HHH's ownership on the line. Come on, there's no way something this 'big' won't have some kinda swerve ending.

And if it's legit... I don't really give a shit.

Rollermacka
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
*You're

*Yore

*Ye

Ruien
09-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this is a work.

The bulk of this angle has been based around Nash, Triple H and Punk. HHH and Punk have a No DQ match, with HHH's ownership on the line. Come on, there's no way something this 'big' won't have some kinda swerve ending.

And if it's legit... I don't really give a shit.

You don't mean having Miz/Truth coming in to beat down HHH for Punk only for Nash to show up? :eek:

Cuse8
09-07-2011, 02:15 PM
this is a work that is going to be the foundation for some big nash return with some type of group

Mooияakeя™
09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
This thread is a work.

addy2hotty
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm at work.

Blakeamus
09-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not at work.

Cuse8
09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
i hate work

Taker it Easy
09-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Dey took our jibs!

Nicky Fives
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
100% work.....

#BROKEN Hasney
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Could be either considering Nash allegedly failed the physical. Not that I really care either way, but the usual crowd will claim then calling it as a work if it is the greatest achievement in the history of their pathetic lives. Guess I should let them have that moment.

JimmyMess
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Well it better god damned be a work.

Nicky Fives
09-07-2011, 03:45 PM
From the main page.....

Source: Pwinsider.com

The announcement that WWE has released Kevin Nash has been confirmed as part of the storylines. Nash was signed to a Legends deal after the Royal Rumble earlier this year and has not been signed to a new performer’s contract since returning to TV.

Nash has been reaching out to some people and saying that he’s released, but most don’t believe him. He’s basically trying to ‘work’ people in the wrestling business.

Ryan Clark is a fucking retard.....

Shadrick
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
If you watched RAW on Monday, then you KNOW this is part of the storyline...

CSL
09-07-2011, 03:55 PM
like something as flimsy as a contract could stop Nashus Christ from doing as he pleases

Lock Jaw
09-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Ryan Clark has removed his "More soon but this looks like the real deal for now" from his original report.

He added in the update "... sounds fishy" instead.

Aguakate
09-07-2011, 04:24 PM
From the front page:

Kevin Nash tweeted the following:

“To set the record straight, I passed physical w/ flying colors. Cardiologist was amazed at my lipid profile. Couldn’t reach financial terms.

I will not be addressing this matter again. I am moving forward with my life. Cena, it was great having the chance to get to know you.”

As noted earlier, this has been confirmed as part of the storylines. Look for him to return at the WWE Night of Champions pay-per-view. Nash is telling people he’s been released to sell the angle. Kind of sad when WWE tries to work the internet.

LOL you mad they fooled you, Ryan Clark? Haha

#1-norm-fan
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Kind of sad when WWE tries to work the internet.

:'(

Shadow
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Anyone with half a brain neuron could tell this is a work.

Chavo Classic
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
This demonstrates that the WWE doesn't quite understand the internet yet. It looks terrible when they try to outsmart internet fans, who between them have a world of resources at their disposal, a large collective knowledge and years of experience.

They need to start entertaining the fans, like Zack Ryder, and stop trying to work the fans, like Matt Hardy.

Juan
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Why on earth do people still read Ryan Clark's "work" ?

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-07-2011, 05:15 PM
I haven't really cared for Ryan Clark's "work" since his site gave me 20 viruses 8 or 9 years ago.

CSL
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
This demonstrates that the WWE doesn't quite understand the internet yet. It looks terrible when they try to outsmart internet fans, who between them have a world of resources at their disposal, a large collective knowledge and years of experience.

They need to start entertaining the fans, like Zack Ryder, and stop trying to work the fans, like Matt Hardy.

of course it doesn't look terrible or demonstrate anything like that, by that logic every bit of kayfabe ever looks terrible. What's really terrible are the people that over-analyze things that are so small and meaningless.

Gass
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I donno guys. This seems pretty real to me.

Blakeamus
09-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Ryan Clark is a waste of sperm. How is it sad that WWE is working the internet? It's smart in my book. It's not like you see WWE posting "suicide" videos on youtube to "work" the internet...:shifty:
Now that would be sad...

Theo Dious
09-07-2011, 06:13 PM
LOL you mad they fooled you, Ryan Clark? Haha

Next time someone asks the definition of "butt-hurt," this is the perfect example.

GD
09-07-2011, 06:20 PM
It's a work. If Nash was released for real, he wouldn't be featured on their main news section .

XCaliber
09-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Of course it's a work did nobody catch JR questioning whether or not Laurinitis had more or less the some level of authority when him and Nash were leaving together in the limousine?

Next Big Thing
09-07-2011, 07:24 PM
This shows how stupid Ryan Clark is. First he announces the release. Then he follows up with the post that it's a work and Nash will return at Night of Champions along with his side comment that it's sad when the WWE tries to work the Internet, and now according to him the release is due to Nash filming a movie and the production company not wanting to insure him while he wrestles.

It's like when dude marked out at the Undertaker/Brock exchange and said it stemmed from backstage heat... then it was a work... then the truth came out that Taker was doing a bit of his own thing.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM

I respectfully disagree:

http://prorasslin.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/cm-punk-wins-title-at-money-in-the-bank.jpg

Kane Knight
09-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Your a work!

Im a werk?

Theo Dious
09-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I respectfully disagree:

http://prorasslin.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/cm-punk-wins-title-at-money-in-the-bank.jpg

All this shows is that WWE occasionally has flashes of insight as to what is currently being demanded.

Shisen Kopf
09-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Such things are making it hard for me to Taker it Easy.

Where's my sticker?

mike adamle
09-07-2011, 11:28 PM
That one kids face next to punk's is hilarious.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-07-2011, 11:45 PM
All this shows is that WWE occasionally has flashes of insight as to what is currently being demanded.

But it also shows that working the "smarks" can be successful. So to say that they should not work the internet is silly.

Droford
09-07-2011, 11:50 PM
"Kevin Nash" was released.

Big Daddy Cool Diesel will be returning at Night of Champions.

Aguakate
09-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Random Kevin Nash moment:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0TW5fJmKCPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

owenbrown
09-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Have I MENTIONED yet that anyone that posts anything from Ryan Clark should be banned?

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 01:46 AM
It's definitely a work, but I'm glad they're at least TRYING. It's nothing to be upset about, and I love it.

Droford
09-08-2011, 01:48 AM
lol, it'd be funny if they got pissed of and decided to not bring him back just to confuse everyone who thinks its a work.

St. Jimmy
09-08-2011, 01:49 AM
PWInsider:
As noted before, Kevin Nash’s “release” that was announced earlier today is all part of what’s happening on TV. The release was announced to play off the major deal that John Laurinaitis signed Nash to on RAW.
The reason for Nash’s exit from the WWE storylines is because Nash has booked a movie role, likely the same one that he is dieting for. Word is that the people behind the movie didn’t want to insure Nash for filming while he was working as a pro wrestler. Nash will likely stay gone until he is done filming the movie. No word yet if this will affect any of his independent dates.

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 02:07 AM
lol, it'd be funny if they got pissed of and decided to not bring him back just to confuse everyone who thinks its a work.

I'd be OK with that too. He has been shitty as fuck since he started speaking.

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Still a good foil to CM Punk, though.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-08-2011, 03:16 AM
I'd be OK with that too. He has been shitty as fuck since he started speaking.

Has Nash's ring work actually been better than his mic work? Those two powerbombs were pretty good.

Optimus Bone 69
09-08-2011, 03:31 AM
I'd like to see the Nash we've seen in wcw and TNA rather than the big monster he portrays anytime he shows in Wwe
I want Graphs and charts peeps

Autobahn
09-08-2011, 08:42 AM
I am in the minority like Mohammad Hassan and think it may just be real. For the simple fact that WWE have never announced someone as "futured endeavoured" online unless it was real. Of course there are firsts for everything though.

Autobahn
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Plus everytime i see this:
http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2011/08/Nash_SuperShow_268.jpg
i think this:
http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/michaelseitz.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I am in the minority like Mohammad Hassan and think it may just be real. For the simple fact that WWE have never announced someone as "futured endeavoured" online unless it was real. Of course there are firsts for everything though.

Like Daniel Bryan?

Also, they've recently started using the term "future endeavored" on television. CM Punk actually said the exact words to Nash on RAW after he was "fired". This all fits. You really think Nash was really fired after hopping into a car with Laurinitis?

VSG
09-08-2011, 02:09 PM
John Laurinitis, who is supposed to be "Mr. Future Endeavours"?

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Right.

DrCrawford
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
wasn't cena future endeavored on the site after the nexus thing or whatever?

Kane Knight
09-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Like Daniel Bryan?

Sweet, so they risked shareholder fraud investigations AND let him work indie dates to work the smarks?

In that case, they probably will fire Nash, just to work the smarks who think they're on to WWE's plans.

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
They had every intention of using him again.

Kane Knight
09-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Not quite the same thurrrrr, is it?

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2011, 05:38 PM
No not really, but the rest of that post holds true.

weather vane
09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Who says working the internet doesn't work? There are quite a few people in this very thread that have no idea if he is actually released or not.

I'm not saying that they are the smartest of people because he is clearly not released but it still works.

OldSchoolFan
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Sweet, so they risked shareholder fraud investigations AND let him work indie dates to work the smarks?

In that case, they probably will fire Nash, just to work the smarks who think they're on to WWE's plans.

I think the only way they would face the shareholder fraud thing is if it was on the corperate site. I am prettty sure that shareholders know that the regular WWE.COM will be used to further stories.

Kane Knight
09-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I think the only way they would face the shareholder fraud thing is if it was on the corperate site. I am prettty sure that shareholders know that the regular WWE.COM will be used to further stories.

They made PR claims at the time.

Even if it didn't go up on the corporate site, this was to placate both parents and shareholders. Probably advertisers too.

Also, remember there was an investigation regarding the "sale" of Raw to Trump. Which proves two things: One, they really don't need to stick their necks out too far, and two, shareholders are retards who panic over storylines (Since it was the major sale of the stock that prompted the look, and that was NOT on corporate).

Is this the same as selling Raw? No. Does it need to be to incur an investigation? No. Does Vince know this? Empahtically YES. Is he retarded? Maybe.

Kane Knight
09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Who says working the internet doesn't work? There are quite a few people in this very thread that have no idea if he is actually released or not.

I'm not saying that they are the smartest of people because he is clearly not released but it still works.

Of course, "working the internet" only really works if it translates to more buys, more views, more eats, more money in short.

It's been done before, but the major point about working the internet is that there's no real point or gain.

As it is, that still holds. No such endeavour has yet proved to actually draw people.

Anybody Thrilla
09-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't think you're giving kayfabe enough credit, Mr. Knight. It's a time-honored tradition, and though they won't flat out DENY it anymore, they'll still let it roll. People who hold shares should know enough about what they're holding shares in, in my opinion.

As far as this work having a point, it's creating speculation, which I would say is a good thing for fans. I'm a fan. Fuck shareholders, ratings, sales, or whatever the fuck. As long as they're afloat and I'm enjoying the product, then great.

Kane Knight
09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't think you're giving kayfabe enough credit, Mr. Knight. It's a time-honored tradition, and though they won't flat out DENY it anymore, they'll still let it roll. People who hold shares should know enough about what they're holding shares in, in my opinion.

As far as this work having a point, it's creating speculation, which I would say is a good thing for fans. I'm a fan. Fuck shareholders, ratings, sales, or whatever the fuck. As long as they're afloat and I'm enjoying the product, then great.

You've also admitted to ridiculously low standards before. I'm not sure if there is a possible point at which you would actually stop enjoying the product. Regardless, they're not doing it for your enjoyment. WWE is run like a business, after all. I made peace with that years ago, and I think most grounded people did. It's pretty clear they wouldn't "work" the internet without intent to gain. Which was my point. Making whether you enjoyed it moot. It's nice and all, but it's clearly not the point.

KAYFABE is really beside the point, again, because they have been a corporate enterprise for several years now. This means they have certain limits, and lying to shareholders is not acceptable, even if you say "kayfabe." There's a rather large difference between working the audience and working the investors, as the latter is quite illegal. It seems to be a proposal that they did such a thing, here.

The main thing that seems to drive that notion is the general cynicism. People have become so accustomed to works, they call them with the frequency JR says something loud and excitable. They call "work" here, when so few of the "work" attempts have paid off, and the risk would be pretty high. Occam's razor isn't just for the discussion forum. Sorry.

But I am talking facts.

Anybody Thrilla
09-10-2011, 04:14 AM
If I'm vesting enough interest into anything to purchase shares of it, chances are I'm going to have some inkling of understanding as to what is actually going on with the company. WWE is a unique form of entertainment. If the people pumping money into it aren't aware of that, then they probably should have done some more research.

To me, it sounds as if you're saying that they should just openly admit what's real and what's not about every single thing that happens on TV. With the internet being as accessible and popular as it is, it would effectively kill kayfabe, and that would paint a very drab picture for fans. Where does the money come from? Those very same fans.

I've never "admitted to ridiculously low standards" before. That's your opinion that you've cast upon me, and you're entitled to that. All that withstanding, I think the reason that we don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of issues is that at the core of things, I AM a fan. I'm pretty sure you are too, but somewhere along the way, you started feeling like you had to be "smart" about things and think about them from a business standpoint. Again, the WWE is a truly unique form of entertainment, and it's difficult to draw comparisons to most things because of that FACT.

Are you a shareholder? No. Are you making any money off of anything that WWE does? No. However, for some reason, you want to sit there and act like you're a part of that side of things, and I really don't see how any of this can even be fun for you.

This is a work. It's nothing new. Anybody with money involved SHOULD know that, but if they don't, then it's their fault. Regardless, as a FAN, this is all a ton of fun, and if you aren't finding any enjoyment in it, then I feel bad for you. I know you haven't said anything about not enjoying it, and maybe you're just sparking discussion, but there's no need to talk down to me about it either way.

Next Big Thing
09-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Just to go OT a little regarding Daniel Bryan:

Kane Knight has a point in the sense that, as a publicly held company, the WWE's ability to "work" the audience has limits.

Most people who buy stock in a company aren't doing it as fanboys, they're doing it to profit and consequently are more focused on revenue and cashflow than they are storylines. That's even if they are familiar with the product. So when something comes up like the Daniel Bryan situation, where WWE actively presents itself as PG to the audience, sponsors and investors and then does something that goes completely against that, it puts the revenue and cashflow at risk because those sponsors who contribute to WWE's bottom line may not be sponsors in the future. That's the kind of unnecessary risk that WWE has an obligation as a public company to not expose shareholders to. You can't just say to sponsors or shareholders "We're a different kind of entertainment so you should have known we'd have a guy choke someone with their own tie and spit on our top star despite us making sure everyone knows we're PG now."

As fans we may enjoy it, but we've still got to consider the business implications of some of these "works" because to a certain extent they do influence how far storylines and characters can go.

Anybody Thrilla
09-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I was off the mark with the Daniel Bryan comparison.

Aguakate
09-11-2011, 01:14 AM
HEY PUNK! IT AIN'T OVER YET!

http://i54.tinypic.com/2iohky.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
09-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Just to go OT a little regarding Daniel Bryan:

Kane Knight has a point in the sense that, as a publicly held company, the WWE's ability to "work" the audience has limits.

Most people who buy stock in a company aren't doing it as fanboys, they're doing it to profit and consequently are more focused on revenue and cashflow than they are storylines. That's even if they are familiar with the product. So when something comes up like the Daniel Bryan situation, where WWE actively presents itself as PG to the audience, sponsors and investors and then does something that goes completely against that, it puts the revenue and cashflow at risk because those sponsors who contribute to WWE's bottom line may not be sponsors in the future. That's the kind of unnecessary risk that WWE has an obligation as a public company to not expose shareholders to. You can't just say to sponsors or shareholders "We're a different kind of entertainment so you should have known we'd have a guy choke someone with their own tie and spit on our top star despite us making sure everyone knows we're PG now."

As fans we may enjoy it, but we've still got to consider the business implications of some of these "works" because to a certain extent they do influence how far storylines and characters can go.

If a movie is rated PG, do yo watch it thinking about what can and can't happen based on the rating?

Kane Knight
09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
To me, it sounds as if you're saying that they should just openly admit what's real and what's not about every single thing that happens on TV.
Don't be stupid.

Try it for once.

Next Big Thing
09-11-2011, 09:26 AM
If a movie is rated PG, do yo watch it thinking about what can and can't happen based on the rating?

No but I do have some expectation about the content and nature of the movie and therefore act accordingly. PG implies I can watch the movie with my little niece and not have to worry about people dying Saw style.

I think you're reaching a bit here. The PG rating has two different implications for a viewer and a serious investor. For the investor, PG means a potentially wider audience and advertising/sponsorship/licensing pool which means more revenue. WWE knows that and there's a reason why they went to such lengths to make it known that their product was PG. If the company were to deviate from that rating to the point where those advertisers were turned off, that would hurt the company's bottom line and consequently the investor. And you can't dismiss that fact considering one of ECW's biggest problems was that advertisers never fully committed because the product was too unpredictable in terms of the content that would be shown week to week.

Anybody Thrilla
09-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't be stupid.

Try it for once.

See, this is just completely unnecessary.

weather vane
09-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Kane Knight is Debbie Downer big time.

weather vane
09-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Of course, "working the internet" only really works if it translates to more buys, more views, more eats, more money in short.

It's been done before, but the major point about working the internet is that there's no real point or gain.

As it is, that still holds. No such endeavour has yet proved to actually draw people.

That's debatable. Drawing people takes time, and if this helps take a step towards that then what is the problem?

Anybody Thrilla
09-11-2011, 11:22 AM
No but I do have some expectation about the content and nature of the movie and therefore act accordingly. PG implies I can watch the movie with my little niece and not have to worry about people dying Saw style.

I think you're reaching a bit here. The PG rating has two different implications for a viewer and a serious investor. For the investor, PG means a potentially wider audience and advertising/sponsorship/licensing pool which means more revenue. WWE knows that and there's a reason why they went to such lengths to make it known that their product was PG. If the company were to deviate from that rating to the point where those advertisers were turned off, that would hurt the company's bottom line and consequently the investor. And you can't dismiss that fact considering one of ECW's biggest problems was that advertisers never fully committed because the product was too unpredictable in terms of the content that would be shown week to week.

I understand all of that, but I'm wondering why we, as fans, are discussing this as investors. Seems like it would suck all of the fun out of it.

On a vaguely-related note, I wonder what they're up to by continually pushing the envelope and calling themselves out for being PG on the shows as of late.

Juan
09-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Credit: PWInsider.com

- According to multiple sources within WWE, Kevin Nash is booked to appear at this Sunday’s Night of Champions pay-per-view event in Buffalo, New York.

Triple H “fired” Nash on RAW last week and the WWE website announced it later that week. Nash stated on Twitter that the release was due to financial reasons. As we have noted before, the whole thing was part of the storylines. No word yet when Nash will actually wrestle for WWE but he is booked to appear at Night of Champions.

Mr. C
09-13-2011, 09:20 PM
GTS to Triple-H, and the referee doesn’t count. Crowd gets mad. Triple-H comes to and has no clue what’s going on. Punk goes to GTS the referee, but Kevin Nash interferes and Jackknifes Punk, while the referee just stands there and watches. A quick three count, and it’s over. Triple-H then Pedigrees the referee, pissed at what went down.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Why do you want the referee to get his ass kicked so badly?

TheChairman
09-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Finger Poke Time. This whole thing has become a clusterfuck unfortunately.

Skippord
09-13-2011, 11:49 PM
why does Kevin Nash have to be involved?

kinda sucks

weather vane
09-14-2011, 12:14 AM
I love Nash!

Theo Dious
09-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Finger Poke Time. This whole thing has become a clusterfuck unfortunately.

Not that this is news but you're retarded. This whole angle has been exceptionally well-booked.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-14-2011, 08:33 PM

kinda sucks

Because he's involved in the feud, and he's a tool to make the feud develop more?

JimmyMess
09-14-2011, 08:40 PM
They didn't do Nash any favors with the whole no music thing...

CSL
09-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Because he's the ruler of the mortal world

Anybody Thrilla
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
They didn't do Nash any favors with the whole no music thing...

I feel that had about fuck all to do with anything whatsoever. He still gave shitty, over-the-top promos and transitioned from point to point about as smoothly as Brett Favre did into actual retirement.

Pintint
09-14-2011, 09:04 PM

kinda sucks

Kevin Nash has to be involved because Kevin Nash is awesome and anything he is involved with becomes awesome just by being in the vicinity of Kevin Nash. Unfortunately, by taking Kevin Nash out of the equation, the Punk/HHH storyline has become "kinda sucks" itself.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Dunno. Wasn't impressed with the whole Nash-Punk series of promos and only slightly more impressed with HHH-Punk. Maybe there was been "too much" talking. Feels like the same thing happened/was said on a weekly basis. As much as we lament a time when all promos were ad-libbed, a lot of the HHH/Punk/Nash stuff comes off as awkward to me.

Next Big Thing
09-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Honestly, I think Punk's style is the problem. He pretty much buried Nash's career achievements and him as a performer from the rip and after that there really wasn't any way for Nash to recover, especially with him just being re-introduced to the WWE audience. There's a reason why burying opponents on the mic is usually frowned on. Same with HHH but to a lesser extent. Can't wait for another CM Punk joke about HHH & Stephanie. Those haven't been done seemingly every other week.

Punk's promos have become more of a routine than an interesting segment where you have to tune in to see what he'll say next. The "pipe bombs" have been overused to the point where they don't have the same impact on the crowd or to the viewer.

XL
09-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Gotta say I agree here.

Love Punk to bits but it seems he is too desperate to get his "pipe bomb" shots in. So much so that the guys in the promo end up talking over each other and it degenerates into a mess of voices/words and the point is lost.

Fox
09-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I dunno. It seems to me that ever since Triple H stepped into this story line the promos have gotten a little more stale. With McMahon and Cena, Punk had people to play off of who actually do respect him - when he's out there with Triple H, it's like Hunter won't allow Punk to make his points and get over on him. Cena sees the validity in Punk's statements, and he allowed the strength of Punk's words to wash over the crowd and himself by falling silent. Triple H fires back and rambles on with his bullshit statements ("Nothing is given in this business, everything is earned," etc, etc) and then he doesn't really let Punk fly back (which he easily could have - talking to Mr. Eric Bischoff Handed Me the World Heavyweight Championship).