PDA

View Full Version : SmackDOWN! Spoilers 9/16

Juan
09-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Smackdown:

Edge opened the show talking about how great it was to be home. Later in the night, Mark Henry and Randy Orton will be in The Cutting Edge. Cody Rhodes came out and said Edge was kissing up to the hometown crowd. Edge fired back and Cody talked about beating Randy Orton at Raw. Cody tried to give Edge a paper bag. Edge didn't want it so Cody left. Cody tried to give them to fans. Ted DiBiase was in the crowd and laid him out. Cody ran away.

Sin Cara took on Daniel Bryan and lost by DQ when he went nuts on Bryan. This lead to the original Sin Cara coming out and them glaring at each other. It's Cara vs. Cara on Smackdown.

Backstage Zack Ryder told Teddy Long that he has a waiver saying Orton and Henry can't touch each other. Aksana came in to massage Teddy Long but Trish Stratus broke it up. Teddy and Trish talked.

Beth Phoenix beat AJ. After the match she said Kelly Kelly will lose on Sunday.

They did a bit where Trish and Edge were backstage and Christian came in. Christian said he was sorry about being a jerk and they hugged. Edge then told him to stop being a baby and grow a set.

Justin Gabriel and Sheamus beat Wade Barrett and Christian.

Great Khali was wrestling Heath Slater when Jinder Mahal attacked him. It made the match a DW.

R-Truth beat Evan Bourne.

Time for The Cutting Edge. Edge put over Toronto and then brought out Orton and Henry. They went back and forth and didn't touch each other. Once the segment ended and the no-contact clause was done, they fought. Henry was left standing over Orton, with The World Heavyweight Championship.

Juan
09-13-2011, 11:21 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7299/caracara.jpg

Lock Jaw
09-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Fake Sin Cara should form a stable with Fake Kane, Fake Undertaker, Fake Diesel, Fake Razor Ramon..... and Doink.

Shisen Kopf
09-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Fake Sin Cara should form a stable with Fake Kane, Fake Undertaker, Fake Diesel, Fake Razor Ramon..... and Doink.

Dont forget The Huckster and the Nacho Man

Lock Jaw
09-14-2011, 12:08 AM
GILLBERG will be revealed as THE BOSS.

Shisen Kopf
09-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Also, once again, not gonna tape this show. Sounds boring.

Tazz Dan
09-14-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm hearing there was a segment after Raw that featured Rhyno. It was an appreciation thing for Edge. Hopefully it get put onto DVD or something.

Tazz Dan
09-14-2011, 12:21 AM
From the front page now:

Following last night’s WWE SmackDown! taping at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, WWE held a ceremony honoring Edge.

Seven-time WWE Women’s Champion Trish Stratus kicked off “Edge Appreciation Night” by introducing “The Rated-R Superstar.” Photographs of Edge’s most memorable moments in WWE aired on the TitanTron, including a tribute video. Christian, however, interrupted the segment.

The SmackDown Superstar said he and Edge have always been like brothers, and that a great way to show appreciation is to bring out the people closest to him. Edge’s mom appeared, as did his trainers Steve Hutchinson and Sweet Daddy Siki, former WWE Superstar Rhyno, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, and the SmackDown! locker room.

The segment included a five-second pose “for the benefit of those with flash photography.”

St. Jimmy
09-14-2011, 01:56 AM
The taped show sounds like shit on a stick, especially for a go-home show. REALLY hope there's going to be some sort of footage from the Edge Tribute segment after the show.

Londoner
09-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Sounds shit to me.

Rammsteinmad
09-14-2011, 04:39 AM
I love how Ezekial Jackson's massive push kinda went nowhere.

Not that I care to be honest. Just pointing it out.

Cuse8
09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
i dont completely understand khali v slater...then again i dont understand why khali is on tv at all

Innovator
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
I love how Ezekial Jackson's massive push kinda went nowhere.

Not that I care to be honest. Just pointing it out.

I think they realized he has more Ahmed Johnson in him than anyone ever wants to see again.

CSL
09-14-2011, 10:51 AM
From the front page now:

Following last night’s WWE SmackDown! taping at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, WWE held a ceremony honoring Edge.

Seven-time WWE Women’s Champion Trish Stratus kicked off “Edge Appreciation Night” by introducing “The Rated-R Superstar.” Photographs of Edge’s most memorable moments in WWE aired on the TitanTron, including a tribute video. Christian, however, interrupted the segment.

The SmackDown Superstar said he and Edge have always been like brothers, and that a great way to show appreciation is to bring out the people closest to him. Edge’s mom appeared, as did his trainers Steve Hutchinson and Sweet Daddy Siki, former WWE Superstar Rhyno, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, and the SmackDown! locker room.

The segment included a five-second pose “for the benefit of those with flash photography.”

Ron Hutchison. More great "reporting" from the front page/internet.

VSG
09-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Thought that was AAA with that "breaking" news.

MoFo
09-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Mark Henry is the only reason to watch Smackdown anymore.

MoFo
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Why has Cody gone all srs.

Preferred Rick Rudeish Cody gimmick.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I put Mark Henry pretty low on my list of reasons to watch Smackdown. That's not even a dig at Mark, I have plenty of reasons to watch.

Emperor Smeat
09-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Doesn't sound that good of a show although the Cara vs Cara thing should be interesting with how the commentators try to explain the whole thing.

A bit confused with the ending, did they sign a contract to get rid of the no-contact clause and then attacked or signed the paper to start the no-contact clause and just attacked anyways?

Savio
09-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Dont forget The Huckster and the Nacho ManEveryone forgets Fake Mankind :(

DaVe
09-15-2011, 10:58 PM
When did that happen?

Juan
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z210/plique1/MiniMankindVader.jpg

Tazz Dan
09-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Show wasn't that bad. Nothing great, but not terrible.

Cara vs Cara showdown was good, and Mistico probably had his best entrance ever. Truth rapping to the ring with Miz was gold also, and Ryder had a couple of good cameos.

Only downside to the show for me, which sucks, was Edge. He just seemed to come across flat and dull. I dunno, could just be me. Watch the show and tell me what you guys think.

DaVe
09-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Yeah, didn't think the show was too bad in the end.

Edge was definitely subdued. But I enjoyed that promo; for some reason I have felt compelled to get behind Mark in this, and I'm pretty much a mark for him at this stage. I want Henry coming out with that title to make his 15 year odyssey be worth it.

Tazz Dan
09-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Yeah they've built him up so strong. Be disappointing if he loses now.

Tazz Dan
09-16-2011, 06:36 AM
What was your reaction on the 'locker-room' running out at the end? Seriously....

Poit
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Tony Chimel wasn't at Smackdown to announce Edge. :(

#BROKEN Hasney
09-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Edge sounded like he always did when he was a face to me.

God, I even love R-Truth rapping now :'(

Shisen Kopf
09-17-2011, 07:08 AM
I didn't watch the show but if I did, I woulda be seriously entertained. Or bored, I dunno.

Anybody Thrilla
09-17-2011, 09:43 AM
I still maintain that spoilers like the ones here are a waste of everybody's time. They did this show, which I thought was pretty good, no justice at all. All they do is ruin the results and make the show sound shitty.

Anyway, Edge was kind of dull, but I liked the Cutting Edge segment. I was really into the D. Bryan v. Hunico match, and the tag match was pretty good, too. Cody Rhodes is still the man, and R-Truth and The Miz need those titles, ASAP.

Oh yeah, and Booker T is so fucking funny. I love him and Cole together.

COLE: How can you tell which one is the real Sin Cara?

BOOKER T: That's the real one right there, because he's got a little black mark on his boot that I had been noticing the past few weeks.

COLE: WHAT?!?!?!?

Anybody Thrilla
09-17-2011, 09:45 AM
COLE: You know what's weird, Book? Sheamus is from Ireland, and I can understand everything he says. I can't understand ANYTHING you say, and what are you from, Houston?

BOOKER T: South Houston.

:lol:

Soda Popinski
09-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Daniel Bryan lands on his side, outside of the ring.

Booker: Hip bone connected to the leg bone!

Cole: high pitched "what!?"

Pintint
09-17-2011, 12:52 PM
The fact that Henry was left standing tall spoils that Orton will retain title on Sunday.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z210/plique1/MiniMankindVader.jpg

Looks like Ricardo Rodriquez there...

Rammsteinmad
09-17-2011, 12:56 PM
I was kinda saddened to see the Smackdown 'locker room' AKA jobbers, come out to restrain Henry. I'd have expected them to join in and kick his ass for the destruction he's been causing lately.

Next Big Thing
09-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Booker kind of bothers me on commentary. When he first started doing it I was excited. But the more I hear him, the more he wears on me. He's a little too much of his gimmick on commentary and rambles at times which is frustrating because if you've ever listened to Booker do an interview out of character he's still entertaining but not as over the top.

I wish he'd tone it down some and go into "Booker T" mode a bit less.

Rammsteinmad
09-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I actually really like the Cole/Booker/Matthews team. Maybe they're not be as suited as JR and King when it comes to historic moments or whatever, but these three, trading insults and 'tripping each other up', as well as agreeing on things, genuinely sound like they're having fun. Which sounds a lot more 'real' to me.

Dunno, I just find them entertaining.

Savio
09-25-2011, 02:09 PM
When did that happen?
Back when HHH fired Mankind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjcn_uboPo