PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Other Teams Jerseys

The Gold Standard
09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
I was having a discussion with my friend about wearing jerseys from other teams other than your favorite. We both agreed it was allowed, but there was one thing we disagreed on.

We are both Yankees fans and he purchased a Red Sox Johnny Damon shirt.

He said that he was wearing it because he is a big fan of Johnny Damon, and he is not wearing the name on the front, Red Sox, he is wearing the name on the back.

My counter argument was, when it is your favorite teams rival the name on the front trumps the name on the back, even if the player is on your team now or before.

What does everyone think about wearing other teams jerseys?

weather vane
09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
You shouldn't wear other teams jerseys but there is always exceptions.

Although there is no excuse to wear a fucking major rivals jersey. No excuse.

Aguakate
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
No way you should wear a rival team's jersey.

Examples: A Red Sox fan wearing a Yankees' jersey? A Cubs fan wearing a Cardinals' jersey?

Or, a Cubs fan wearing a White Sox jersey?

The Gold Standard
09-20-2011, 05:02 PM
The two of us feel it is ok to wear other jerseys. I would never purchase a Red Sox jersey though.

Since I am a Yankees fan, I have a Strasburg jersey.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
If he's such a huge Damon fan then just wear his fucking Yankees jersey.

Kapoutman
09-20-2011, 09:03 PM
I wear other team's jerseys when I play ball hockey. Got a collection of ridiculous jerseys for such occasions, such as my Rich Peverley Thrashers throwback, my Valeri Kamensky Quebec Nordiques, Chris Terreri New Jersey Devils and Alexei Gusarov Colorado Avalanche.

Mike the Metal Ed
09-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I'd struggle to wear another English football team's shirt without good reason, regardless of my feelings towards them. Any club in another league system would be fine though were I the type inclined to wear football shirts in a casual setting.

Emperor Smeat
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes for favorite players or other teams you like besides the local teams or childhood teams.

Never for rivals although wouldn't go as far as tossing or burning a jersey just because a player went to a rival but wouldn't wear or display it either until that player left.

Innovator
09-20-2011, 10:00 PM
If you're a Yankee fan you do not wear a Red Sox jersey.

weather vane
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
I wear other team's jerseys when I play ball hockey. Got a collection of ridiculous jerseys for such occasions, such as my Rich Peverley Thrashers throwback, my Valeri Kamensky Quebec Nordiques, Chris Terreri New Jersey Devils and Alexei Gusarov Colorado Avalanche.

Blitz
09-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Awesome

Corporate CockSnogger
09-21-2011, 06:03 AM
I'd struggle to wear another English football team's shirt without good reason, regardless of my feelings towards them. Any club in another league system would be fine though were I the type inclined to wear football shirts in a casual setting.

This is the same for me. I wouldn't wear another English football teams shirt but I've got quite a few foreign teams shirts. Roma, Lazio, Croatia, Czech Republic and Brazil are a few I've got which I occasionally wear in the gym or when playing football.

Londoner
09-21-2011, 06:10 AM
I could easily wear a Barcelona shirt or something but would never even consider wearing a Sunderland shirt. I don't see how anyone could wear a rivals shirt tbh. Though i have scarves of teams i hate for some reason no idea where i got them from, long time ago! I should probably burn them.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Considering right now to buy a vintage Dennis Bergkamp Arsenal shirt though.

RP
09-22-2011, 12:45 AM
I've thought about getting a Josh Freeman jersey.

Gertner
09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
lol an Alexei Gusarov jersey. Amazing.

Anyways, no.

SammyG
09-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Nope, would never rock another jersey.

RiX1024
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I wear my Everton shirt and my Swindon Town shirt. I would never wear a Liverpool shirt.

screech
10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Have no problem with wearing other teams' jerseys. If you're a fan of the player, then you'd obviously want his jersey.

It's never okay to wear a rival team's jersey though.

screech
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
No way you should wear a rival team's jersey.

Examples: A Cubs fan wearing a Cardinals jersey?

Interesting since you are a Cubs fan and are now rooting for the Cardinals in the World Series.

Jari
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I have a number of shirts from teams I don't actively support (Barcelona, Ajax, Bayern Munich, etc) but could never wear another SPL or English teams shirt. Literally never! In saying that I also own a number of International shirts but that's just cause International football doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Interesting since you are a Cubs fan and are now rooting for the Cardinals in the World Series.

BUSTED

Nicky Fives
10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
other team jerseys are 100% fine, but rival jerseys are 100% off limits......

Aguakate
10-17-2011, 07:37 PM

I only said they are a great story.

Taint Whisperer, who is even more of a Cubs fan, also said this.

DaveWadding
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
other team jerseys are 100% fine, but rival jerseys are 100% off limits......

screech
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I only said they are a great story.

Taint Whisperer, who is even more of a Cubs fan, also said this.

You think they're a great story. That's fine. But this:

Definitely, I'm almost pulling for them over the Rangers...

should not be coming from a Cubs fan.

The Gold Standard
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
screech from downtown