PDA

View Full Version : Everybody should watch this match

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2011, 06:15 AM
This gives me very high hopes for what the next season of NXT could be:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GRm-2loMupM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The story here is that Dean Ambrose made his debut calling out Seth Rollins and claiming that he could be the guy to dethrone him as FCW 15 Champion. For those that don't know, the FCW 15 Championship is a championship represented by a medal that Rollins won, in which matches are essentially held under fifteen-minute time limits, with most falls being the winner. Rollins and Ambrose drew with no falls scored in their first encounter; with the same result in their second encounter with a beefed-up time limit.

I never watched Jon Moxley when he was on the independent scene, but his stuff here as Dean Ambrose reminded me of a cross between The Brian Kendrick's last WWE character and William Regal. His borderline psychotic character has a charm to it that I could see getting really over in the WWE, and it doesn't seem to need a whole lot of background information or time devoted to establishing it. He presents it in his work.

A few might not like "indy/Japan" ending, but I feel that for a special occasion (as this match apparently was for FCW), it fits. They sucked it up for one night to reach a decision. Ambrose hasn't been in FCW for long, but I think he's got the goods to be called up to the main roster for a season of NXT, at the very least. And Rollins is expected to be on the next show anyway. Just let them wrestle in the first main event of the season, and it'll be off to a tremendous start. I think that the powers that be in FCW know what they have in these guys, since they did give them essentially the entire episode to showcase their stuff.

Volare
09-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Sick match. I sure did enjoy the hell out of these 2.

Rammsteinmad
09-25-2011, 07:07 AM
There won't be another season of NXT.

Cuse8
09-25-2011, 07:22 AM
great great match

Nicky Fives
09-25-2011, 08:37 AM
That ring announcer is terrible.... isn't she the first bint to be voted out of Tough Enough?

Londoner
09-25-2011, 08:43 AM
She's not too bad, just started watching, love Ambrose's theme btw.

Londoner
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Wow. Awesome match.

Shisen Kopf
09-25-2011, 09:31 AM
ALAYLEAALALAYLEYHALEALAYLAA!!!

Wolfpack423
09-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, that's a great match!! I really want to see Tyler Black on the main roster. He shouldn't have to come through NXT. It's kind of insulting to guys like him, Bryan Danielson and Low Ki to have had to go through the show to come to the main roster. I think NXT needs to end, though. I doubt they'll do a fifth season anyway.

DLVH84
09-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Awesome. I hope there's a rematch soon.

loopydate
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that's a great match!! I really want to see Tyler Black on the main roster. He shouldn't have to come through NXT. It's kind of insulting to guys like him, Bryan Danielson and Low Ki to have had to go through the show to come to the main roster. I think NXT needs to end, though. I doubt they'll do a fifth season anyway.

They're on season five now. And - unless they've changed it during the 30+ episodes they've run this year - the prize for winning is a spot in season six.

VSG
09-25-2011, 12:10 PM
WOW What a match!

blak23
09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
awesome match best ive seen in a looong time

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2011, 06:32 PM

I think having guys like Daniel Bryan and Kaval on NXT helps make it. You're guaranteed to have some good matches, and guys people really get behind. After NXT, you can still bring the guys who don't win up to the main roster -- but say Seth Rollins does win -- NXT has often used a title shot as a prize. Rollins making his debut on either RAW or SmackDown! going for the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship is not a bad way to debut.

NXT is a fine concept, in my opinion, and as someone mentioned, the plan seems to be to do a sixth. Now, if that season bombs, they might change things up a bit.

itsmeJD
09-25-2011, 08:32 PM
The Neverending Season would have to end first....Seth Rollins will have fucking retired by then.