PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mark Henry

Juan
09-29-2011, 06:02 AM
If Big Show came back as the only guy that can give Mark Henry a run for his money, would you buy it and accept Big Show a world champion again?

Juan
09-29-2011, 06:09 AM
I guess this should be Re: Big Show

Lara Emily
09-29-2011, 06:28 AM
no fuck that

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2011, 06:30 AM
I think them feuding and having multiple matches that I am forced to watch would be my idea of hell.

Rammsteinmad
09-29-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure if I'm wording this properly, but I would 'buy it', as in to say, I would find it believable, but I don't think I would like it.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2011, 06:39 AM
More specifically, repeating the feud ender and being forced to watch it.

That being a 4-way Henry V Show V Khali V Giant Gonzalez Kennel from Hell Rey Mysterio On A Pole match where Mysterio is a cyborg that has shut down and anyone who gets him off the pole can re-program him to be on their side.

Rammsteinmad
09-29-2011, 06:43 AM
That'y actually not a bad idea...

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-29-2011, 06:54 AM
I knew Kelly Kelly was going to become the Divas Champion once another bimbo like Brie Bella won it. I guess it would make sense to do the same thing with Big Show and Mark Henry.

Though i would rather somebody like Sheamus regain a World Championship. They already have had a lengthy feud and Sheamus would be a better champion in the long haul than both Show and Henry. Sheamus could then continue feuding with Christian for the World Title. Maybe they could have a random title match to soon to be retired William Regal with an Irishman as Champion.

Fox
09-29-2011, 07:00 AM
On the one hand, Mark Henry is holding the less respected of the WWE's "big two" title belts; one that has been tarnished by the reigns of people like Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Kane and Rey Mysterio. So the idea of Big Show being a "believable" World Heavyweight Champion is definitely within the range of plausibility.

On the other hand, Big Show has been so poorly used pretty much throughout his career that putting the World Title on him wouldn't really mean anything, and it wouldn't do anything to up the respect level of the World Heavyweight Championship title. The only time he was really being treated as a threat was when he was the ECW Champion and Paul Heyman was behind the book. You would think that it would be really easy to make a 7 foot, 500 pound monster like Big Show into a believable unstoppable monster, but nobody has done it right and protected him the way he should be protected. Instead he's been used, much like Kane, to put over other people who are on their way up (John Cena especially). If Show had been protected throughout his career the way that someone like Undertaker has been protected, or even Triple H and Batista were protected, then it would certainly be a different story.

Shisen Kopf
09-29-2011, 07:34 AM
I can see it now: Big Show vs Big Darkie. Wow, what a horrible match that will be. bring back Viscera to make it a triple threat walrus match!

Schlomey
09-29-2011, 08:24 AM
As long as Big Show comes back and drops that smiley asshole comedy schtick, sure.

The Ravishing One
09-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Only one guy can beat Henry. I would tell you his name....but I can't see him.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I know Rey Mysterio is short, but you can see him.

St. Jimmy
09-29-2011, 09:17 AM
no fuck that

Swiss Ultimate
09-29-2011, 09:22 AM
On the other hand, Big Show has been so poorly used pretty much throughout his career that putting the World Title on him wouldn't really mean anything, and it wouldn't do anything to up the respect level of the World Heavyweight Championship title. The only time he was really being treated as a threat was when he was the ECW Champion and Paul Heyman was behind the book. You would think that it would be really easy to make a 7 foot, 500 pound monster like Big Show into a believable unstoppable monster, but nobody has done it right and protected him the way he should be protected. Instead he's been used, much like Kane, to put over other people who are on their way up (John Cena especially). If Show had been protected throughout his career the way that someone like Undertaker has been protected, or even Triple H and Batista were protected, then it would certainly be a different story.

I have always thought that Show was more valuable as a mysterious unstoppable monster than a normal dude who just happened to have thyroid issues. Yeah, he'd be two-dimensional, but at least people would care about his matches.

Mind you, for a while there Undertaker was wrestling pretty constantly and losing to Austin, Mankind and Kane. It didn't tarnish his reputation to be defeated by guys who were booked as tough as him. If Show only lost 4-5 RAWs/Smackdowns a year and lost 40% of his PPV matches he'd be protected enough for people to care when he gets taken off his feet.

Gertner
09-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll always accept Big Show as a credible champ.

Shisen Kopf
09-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Big Show was credible as Captain Insano but now, Jebus, He's just a big goofy bastard.

XCaliber
09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
I would but i'd prefer to see him be upset by some physically smaller yet somewhat credible.

Gertner
09-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Kane became champ again after a trillion years of floundering in upper mid card hell

Rammsteinmad
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
I would but i'd prefer to see him be upset by some physically smaller yet somewhat credible.

Like this guy?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/justincredible/12.jpg

(Sorry, had to be done).

jskinnyg
09-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Not a bad idea at all... But it would not be the most exciting match of the year...

screech
09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Yes, I would accept Big Show as a credible World Champion.

Xero
09-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Kane became champ again after a trillion years of floundering in upper mid card hell

And was a complete failure as champion. If I remember correctly, SD ratings tanked during that time. Kane was more of a "oh shit, we have no one else" run than anything.

As for the topic, no. I COULD "buy" Big Show as champion, I just don't want to see it. I still feel they should take advantage and use Henry to elevate someone new.

Swiss Ultimate
09-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I guess they might as well get it over with and make Daniel Bryan "use or lose" his briefcase on Smackdown.

screech
09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
And was a complete failure as champion. If I remember correctly, SD ratings tanked during that time. Kane was more of a "oh shit, we have no one else" run than anything.

As for the topic, no. I COULD "buy" Big Show as champion, I just don't want to see it. I still feel they should take advantage and use Henry to elevate someone new.

Kane's run as champion was immaculate, sir.

Anybody Thrilla
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
I would have been OK with the most recent Big Show becoming champ, when he was snapping on people like Mark Henry and Ricardo Rodriguez, but after being taken out by Henry, it'd be completely unnecessary to put the belt on him. Not to mention crappy.

Nicky Fives
09-29-2011, 03:49 PM
nah.... but then again, I never thought that mark Henry would keep me entertained..... I can see Henry beating both Show & Kane after they return, then losing his Title in some sort of Triple Threat/Fatal 4 Way match.....

Wishbone
09-29-2011, 06:12 PM
After Henry took him out the way he did? No not at all. Don't get me wrong love me some Show, but let it go and move Henry's story along and leave Bigshow to do something else.

dhellova guy
09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Probably not. I could buy Show catching him backstage and whoopin his ass, but in a match, no, I wouldnt believe it. Not really.

Whoever beats him needs to have some sort of build behind him, a good story of overcoming the odds and blah, blah, blah.

Its probably all moot, because I can really see them just handing the belt back over to Orton at HIAC. Thereby making Sexual Chocolate's run completely meaningless.

bigslimjj
09-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Yes. he's goddamn seven foot tall and 450 pounds. You don't need much more for credibility really.But he can go in the ring,and has proven that he belongs at the top tier. People have hated on Show for far too long now. It's not his fault his first title reign was a feud with Big Bossman.

Lara Emily
09-29-2011, 11:27 PM
What when has he proved he belongs top tier? The guy hasn't been top tier since 2002. The guy hasn't been really important since 2002. (Maybe besides his ECW run but 1) it was WWECW and no one cares about it 2)it ended at one of the worst PPV maybe ever in one of the worst main events maybe ever)