PDA

View Full Version : Has JoMo lost his mojo?

Nicky Fives
11-04-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-10-31/john-morrison-losing-streak

John Morrison hasn’t won a match since August.

In that time, the high-flyer from California has been smashed by Cody Rhodes, squashed by Mark Henry and creamed by Wade Barrett. Tough competition, sure, but six months ago this man was the No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship. Now, he’s tasting the bottom of Drew McIntyre’s boot on “WWE Superstars.”

What the hell happened?

“I’m not Superman, homie,” The Prince of Parkour cracked when WWE.com approached him about his recent ring woes.

Morrison may have shrugged off our questioning with easygoing humor, but it was clear these disappointments have been eating at the talented Superstar. That’s because less than a year ago WWE fans thought JoMo was Superman. His comic book physique and out-of-this-world athleticism had the WWE Universe convinced that he was sent from another planet to change the face of sports-entertainment. But his recent stumbles have stripped him of that otherworldly mystique, leaving him looking oddly human in defeat.

“It’s true I’ve lost some matches over the last couple of months,” Morrison plainly stated. “Maybe more than some. A lot. Most.”

The Shaman of Sexy’s losing streak can be traced back to an incident in early May when a brutal attack from R-Truth put him in the hospital with a neck injury. He underwent surgery, but The Prince of Parkour was so desperate to get back in the ring that he returned before summer was even over. The competitor wasn't ready and it showed as R-Truth beat him in two consecutive bouts. Morrison eventually defeated his former friend in a Falls Count Anywhere Match on Raw, but the victory wasn’t as sweet as it should have been. (WATCH)

“I finally got some sort of comeuppance,” Morrison said. “Unfortunately, it was like a month too late.”

JoMo’s frustration with his comeback revealed what’s really been troubling him. Although his neck injury was serious, it didn’t stop him from performing dazzling maneuvers like Starship Pain and the Flying Chuck. What it did do was make the superhero question his invincibility for the first time.

“I came back a little bit too early,” he admitted. “Physically, I’m here. Spiritually, I’m out of my mind. I’ve got all these things going on in the periphery.”

This disconnect has been all too apparent in The Prince of Parkour’s worst moments, specifically a September bout against WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio, which saw Morrison get dismantled by The Mexican Aristocrat in less than a minute. It was a clear sign that JoMo isn't quite ready to hang with the big dogs and needs to do something drastic if he wants to fight his way back into that spot.

“What I need to do is cut everything off and go back to square one,” Morrison asserted.

For JoMo, this doesn't mean training harder or hitting the gym more often — he’s already in tremendous physical condition. It’s about recapturing the confidence that he's detached from over the past few months.

“What was it that made me want to get into this business as a little John Morrison?" the Superstar asked himself. "I’ve lost touch with that. And for me to be a success I need to get it back.”

Maybe then John Morrison will be ready to take flight again.

WWE.com article on John Morrison's losing streak......:rofl:

Xero
11-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I found this more interesting:

http://www.wwe.com/f/article/image/2011/11/20111103_raw_rhodes_kermit.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a good time for a heel turn, but there are already a billion good heels between the shows.

BizarroKing
11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
What the hell happened?

http://th256.photobucket.com/albums/hh197/SvenAndIngmar/th_Melina_Perez.jpg

Rock Bottom
11-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Needs a pep talk from Cena.

DLVH84
11-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I believe he'll snap, like Tatanka did when he had a losing streak.

Droford
11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
He should be on everyones Pink Slip pool for 2012.

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Could this article mean that Morrison is out of the doghouse? Why waste time and resources on a guy that you don't want around any more? The article does seem like it could be foreshadowing a John Morrison heel turn. Yeah, there are already some great heels, but Morrison could do a fine little job building himself up as Dolph Ziggler is elevated, for example.

Morrison joining up with The Miz and R-Truth would be entertaining to say the least, too.

Nicky Fives
11-04-2011, 09:16 PM
He needs a mouthpiece, because his promos and delivery put me to sleep.....

XCaliber
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Morrison has gone from good to abysmal ever since he turned face since I doubt there is a monumental win in his future and they went to the trouble of doing an article on him maybe this is a foreshadowing a turn.

Pintint
11-04-2011, 10:37 PM
He needs a mouthpiece, because his promos and delivery put me to sleep.....

Agreed, his promo skills and current character are atrociously boring.

Rock Bottom
11-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty much giving up on this guy, for now. Maybe down the road he'll amount to something more. He should have had plenty of time to "go back to his roots" or whatever when he was out for months. I know a lot of it has to do with his being a major jabroni and all right now, and the success of R Truth (at least, his return angle being blown); but, on the other hand, there have been people in his position before that could not be held back. I just don't see it right now.

Fox
11-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Could this article mean that Morrison is out of the doghouse? Why waste time and resources on a guy that you don't want around any more? The article does seem like it could be foreshadowing a John Morrison heel turn. Yeah, there are already some great heels, but Morrison could do a fine little job building himself up as Dolph Ziggler is elevated, for example.

Morrison joining up with The Miz and R-Truth would be entertaining to say the least, too.

I quite like this idea. A stable of Miz, R-Truth, Morrison and Kevin Nash, led by CM Punk. That would be a force and would get me to tune in every Monday.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2011, 01:34 AM
The Miz, R-Truth, John Morrison and Kevin Nash forming a group that works for John Laurinaitis (secretly in cahoots with Vince McMahon) could be pretty good. You could also add a re-pushed Drew McIntyre (Vince McMahon's "Chosen One").

jskinnyg
11-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Still paying for his Stratus snub @ WM...

Kane Knight
11-05-2011, 12:09 PM

At the very least, the fact that they're talking about him does indicate that they're going to do something with him. :y:

XCaliber
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
His match with Drew McIntyre on Superstars was great if only he focused on his promo skills at least half of the amount he does his in ring ability he could easily become a solid upper midcarder.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2011, 08:46 PM
At the very least, the fact that they're talking about him does indicate that they're going to do something with him. :y:

Works for me, since I enjoy Morrison's work. We might get another Winter of JoMo.

Kane Knight
11-05-2011, 10:05 PM
As long as he's on his game in the ring, I'm behind it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Some sort of Ladder Match against Dolph Ziggler for the US Title could be amazing. Morrison and Sheamus told a tremendous story last year at TLC, and Ziggler's work lately has been tremendous.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 07:08 PM
From Melina's Twitter:

"I haven't met Mr. Right yet. But I have met Mr. Fake, Mr. Rude, Mr. Wrong & Mr. Player."

"But I pray 1 day I'll meet Mr Right!"

It'd tickle me if Morrison dumped Melina and suddenly got a push. :lol:

Blakeamus
11-07-2011, 07:20 PM
From Melina's Twitter:

"I haven't met Mr. Right yet. But I have met Mr. Fake, Mr. Rude, Mr. Wrong & Mr. Player."

"But I pray 1 day I'll meet Mr Right!"

It'd tickle me if Morrison dumped Melina and suddenly got a push. :lol:

Have you read the RAW spoilers? :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I have, actually. :y:

Blakeamus
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Maybe a coincidence?

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Most likely, but it's fun to speculate.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow, what a match this was:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgDXRQIP5Uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shisen Kopf
11-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Well he won tonigh so I guess he got his mojo back.

GD
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
JoMo pinning Dolph Ziggler on RAW was a surprise. I don't care for him anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I say add him to the Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder US Title Match at Survivor Series. Morrison has been in some great Triple Threats before.

wwe2222
11-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Yawn. Morrison's time has passed. Id prefer not to see him involved in the US Title Match.

They should turn him heel, shave the beard (keep stache) and turn him into modern day Rick Rude.