PDA

View Full Version : I kinda wish Mason Ryan would just go away.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 11:22 AM
He was somewhat interesting as the mostly-silent muscle of the New Nexus, but this new persona is incredibly snooze-worthy. He's been working longer matches now, and they are failing to impress. He just seems to be the next in the long line of "let's base everything off of his physique" superstars who brings little else to the table. Ezekiel Jackson (who sucks even harder) must be turning in his grave.

Your thoughts?

tjmidnight420
11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Never been a fan of big men who bring little else to the table.

Evil Vito
11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, not a fan. An eventual monster face push was a given - but I would have rather he had a chance to solidify himself as a monster heel first.

It's a shame that he got injured when he did. When CM Punk randomly left the Nexus, there was that awkward period where Otunga and McGillicutty were the tag champs and still wearing Nexus gear. Wouldn't have minded if Ryan was there to be their "backup" where he wouldn't have to do much other than look intimidating and deliver post-match beatdowns.

He's pretty dreadful in the ring and has no promo skills to speak of. Despite Vince's big man fetish and him looking like Batista, I can't see Ryan ever being a main eventer. He'll probably just loom around as a generic big dude in the midcard for years on end.</font>

Evil Vito
11-19-2011, 11:33 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Come to think, I remember when Ryan won the FCW Title about a year ago, he actually said in an interview that he was surprised they gave him the belt and that he didn't feel ready for it. At least he realizes his limitations and comes across as somebody who will try to work hard to get better.</font>

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Years? I hope not.

I would have bought him at McGillotunga's back up, but now I'd just rather him fuck off.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 11:36 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Come to think, I remember when Ryan won the FCW Title about a year ago, he actually said in an interview that he was surprised they gave him the belt and that he didn't feel ready for it. At least he realizes his limitations and comes across as somebody who will try to work hard to get better.</font>

Well, I guess I can respect that, and I suppose it's not his fault, but still, he should fuck off.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-19-2011, 11:39 AM
They'll probably pair him up with Ryder soon to try and get him over. Have him be his "big broski" or something like that and just have him be a big goofball. Basically what Rikishi was with Too Cool.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Or what Rob Terry is doing with Robbie E in TNA.

Jordan
11-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I think you guys should give him a chance, he's not that bad.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
He's better than Ezekiel Jackson, I'll give him that.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Dunno.

Pintint
11-19-2011, 11:45 AM
I like him, but then again, I tend to like all the "giant muscular" hosses, even if they aren't good at wrestling.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 11:49 AM
And why is that, Pintint?

erickman
11-19-2011, 11:54 AM

yeah i kind of like what big rob is doing now, wwe and tna like to steal from each other.

stultiloquy
11-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Meh.
As it is he's pretty much just a Rob Liefeld drawing come to life; the guy is HUGE, but he just looks odd and uncomfortable moving around.

He definitely needs to inject some charisma into his persona, because standing there smiling at everything doesn't count.

RiX1024
11-19-2011, 12:08 PM
I only like him coz he's Welsh and his hometown is not far from where I live, but I agree his wrestling ability is poor and his mic skills is even worse. Give him few years he'll be better than Batista.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Nobody will ever be better than Batista, but thanks for playing.

XCaliber
11-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I though his match with Swagger was suprisingly good on this week's SD sure he may be not the next Batista which they're probably trying to do with him i'd have to agree he should have remained a heel for a while longer.

MIZantine Empire
11-19-2011, 12:12 PM
what happened to A-Ry? it seems like everything they were doing with him they canned to push mason ryan. i liked A-Ry

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I think he was injured.

RiX1024
11-19-2011, 12:18 PM
He should be repackaged into a farmer gimmick, would be well funny.

XCaliber
11-19-2011, 12:20 PM
what happened to A-Ry? it seems like everything they were doing with him they canned to push mason ryan. i liked A-Ry

He was injured and had surgery done on his left hip but has made a couple of appearances on Superstars recently when he first came back I thought he'd tore up his tights lol.

Next Big Thing
11-19-2011, 12:34 PM
He's just one overwhelming pyro display away from being main event material.

Extreme Angle
11-19-2011, 12:36 PM
If he wasn't Welsh i'd probably hate him...

Heisenberg
11-19-2011, 01:28 PM
If he were in a big guy stable where all they do is stare at ppl and fuck shit up, he would be relevant and worthy of TV time.

GD
11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I am just scared that he is going to injure someone with all those military press slams he does.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I like him more than Mark Henry, about the nicest thing I can say.

Triple Naitch
11-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I like his generic rock theme.

Emperor Smeat
11-19-2011, 02:59 PM
He's not that bad but at the same time is just being randomly placed in feuds or matches for no real reason (ex. Ziggler vs Ryan that lead to nothing).

He just needs some time to actually develop a feud instead of being this year's Tyler Reeks who randomly joins the Survivor Series team or feuds he wasn't involved in initially.

Besides getting injured, the other misfortune for him was Punk's face turn which meant Punk didn't need any "muscle" due to his one person crusade against Vince/Triple H for a while.

Supreme Olajuwon
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I miss Skip Sheffield. This should be his push.

Hitman84
11-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Turn him heel again and stable him up with Drew McIntyre and a snivelly William Regal who always tries to avoid conflict and gets the others to defend him all the time. I've always wanted to see an all-British stable in WWE. I would have added Wade Barrett to the mix, but I think he's a bit beyond being in such a stable as this would be a mid-card feature at best. If Finlay were still active I'd have added him too, or even had him sporadically team with Sheamus to combat the stable.

I think something like this would give McIntyre more exposure and allow Ryan to learn from a more experienced wrestler. Given his limitations and his greenness, I agree that Ryan is being pushed too hard too soon. I quite like him, though, and defo don't think he needs to fuck off just yet...

Jura
11-19-2011, 04:02 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KGRlxkGSgxM?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Needs catchy lyrics.

Pintint
11-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Turn him heel again and stable him up with Drew McIntyre and a snivelly William Regal who always tries to avoid conflict and gets the others to defend him all the time. I've always wanted to see an all-British stable in WWE. I would have added Wade Barrett to the mix, but I think he's a bit beyond being in such a stable as this would be a mid-card feature at best. If Finlay were still active I'd have added him too, or even had him sporadically team with Sheamus to combat the stable.

I think something like this would give McIntyre more exposure and allow Ryan to learn from a more experienced wrestler. Given his limitations and his greenness, I agree that Ryan is being pushed too hard too soon. I quite like him, though, and defo don't think he needs to fuck off just yet...

That sounds awesome.
I like Mason Ryan but I love
:heart: :heart: :heart: Drew :heart: :heart: :heart:.

KaosDarksol
11-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I wish he would give somebody the thumbs down then hit them with a mason Bomb

St. Jimmy
11-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Needs more
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NKFzHvSFOns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Party Hardy
11-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Mason Ryan dont know how to party hardy.

JimmyMess
11-19-2011, 06:31 PM
did Ezekiel Jackson die

wwe2222
11-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Id be happy if he was never on my tv again.

Sixx
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
He was somewhat interesting as the mostly-silent muscle of the New Nexus, but this new persona is incredibly snooze-worthy. He's been working longer matches now, and they are failing to impress. He just seems to be the next in the long line of "let's base everything off of his physique" superstars who brings little else to the table. Ezekiel Jackson (who sucks even harder) must be turning in his grave.

Your thoughts?

You got my hopes up Ezekiel is dead.

XL
11-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd attach him to Mr John Laurinitis - Executive Vice-President of Talent Relations and Interim General Manager of Raw - as his "Wellness Enforcer".

His finisher would be called The Violation, of course.

Any time someone has a legit violation they can dispatch Ryan to beat the guy down/write him out.

XL
11-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd also have him target guys like Daniel Bryan and Punk, guys that don't look like roiders.

Lock Jaw
11-19-2011, 09:09 PM
He's better than Ezekiel Jackson, I'll give him that.

W-WHAT?!

HOW MANY SCOOP SLAMS CAN MASON RYAN DO IN A ROW?

HUH?

screech
11-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I much prefer Ezekiel Jackson to Mason Ryan.

Lock Jaw
11-20-2011, 12:24 AM
I much prefer the back of Ezekiel Jackson's head to Mason Ryan.

Lock Jaw
11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
http://www.ringsidenews.com/file/pic/photo/2010/11/carrierlp-photo-of-the-back-of-ezekiel-jackson-s-head.jpg

screech
11-20-2011, 12:26 AM
The back of Ezekiel Jackson's head has more charisma than all of Mason Ryan.

Suicidal Icon
11-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Looks like a black version of Krang.

GD
11-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Mason Ryan looks bigger than Batista. There is a pic of his military pressing Dolph. Looks pretty huge. No wonder Vincy likes him.

Sixx
11-20-2011, 03:41 AM
http://www.ringsidenews.com/file/pic/photo/2010/11/carrierlp-photo-of-the-back-of-ezekiel-jackson-s-head.jpg

Took me a while to realize what the fuck I'm looking at.

Sixx
11-20-2011, 03:42 AM
At first I seriously thought this was some sort of chocolate covered ice cream dessert.

Aguakate
11-20-2011, 04:02 AM
Mason Ryan looks bigger than Batista. There is a pic of his military pressing Dolph. Looks pretty huge. No wonder Vincy likes him.

I think he MAY BE the biggest and most muscular dude the WWE has ever had.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-20-2011, 07:59 AM
I think you're forgetting about Superheavyweight Hardcore Expert Crash Holly.

Rammsteinmad
11-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Is that really the back of Jackson's head?

bigslimjj
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
I think Mason Ryan just needs one thing to get him over...#Heelturn

MoFo
11-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Very shit

Makes me miss Batista

Lock Jaw
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Is that really the back of Jackson's head?

Yeah. Few months back John Morrison kept tweeting pictures of the back of Zeke's head.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2900/zek1.jpg

Rammsteinmad
11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
It looks like a sad face on the back on his head.

Aguakate
11-20-2011, 01:16 PM
It's almost as if he doesn't have a skull...it's just skin covering his brain.

Sixx
11-20-2011, 01:18 PM
It looks like a sad face on the back on his head.

The face is sad cause it's melting.

Sixx
11-20-2011, 01:18 PM
It's almost as if he doesn't have a skull...it's just skin covering his brain.

Covering his what?

Aguakate
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
...his brain.

XCaliber
11-20-2011, 02:33 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KGRlxkGSgxM?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Needs catchy lyrics.

It already had words to it but WWE edited them out this is what it originally sounded like which doesn't really sound badass at all.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GXasyu-Y1GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tjmidnight420
11-20-2011, 07:31 PM
How the hell do you get muscles on the back of your head?

Jura
11-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Those are not catchy lyrics.

Hornicane
11-20-2011, 10:05 PM
He needs to stick around as a face to fill in the huge void left by Chris Masters.

St. Jimmy
11-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Hunico's shirt was fucking SOAKED in Spray-On Tan from Mason.

Heyman
11-21-2011, 04:04 AM
I would be kind of funny if Dave Batista came out of nowhere and fought Mason Ryan on grounds of gimmick infringement.

After the match, Batista would force Mason Ryan to suck his dick.

Rammsteinmad
11-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Y'know, I'm not a fan of Ryans, however, after watching Survivor Series and Ryans recent string of matches, I do feel that the guy is trying to improve. I still agree that he's being pushed too early, and that it's only a matter of weeks/months until he just vanishes and ends up on NXT or Superstars, but I dunno, just something about his ring work, seems like the guy knows he's green but trying hard to improve and earn his place.

Still not really a fan at the moment, but with time he could go on to do some good stuff.

Rock Bottom
11-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I don't think Ryan will really amount to anything, so I'm not too worried about it. Guy looks like he's having a blast, let him have his fun while he can.

Mr. Nerfect
11-21-2011, 08:24 AM
I think Ryan's biggest problem is that he is green. He should really be in FCW learning the ropes still. I think the WWE is also rushing him as a babyface. I'd do something like this:

* Zack Ryder beats Jack Swagger on RAW with a roll-up counter to an Ankle Lock attempt. This match is a way to gauge whether Ryder "deserves" a US Title shot.

* Swagger & Ziggler beat-down Ryder after the match, and Ryan makes the save.

* The following week, Ryder & Ryan defeat Ziggler & Swagger after Ryder absorbs the heat, and then Ryan comes in and kills everyone dead. Ryan looks like he is about to put Ziggler down, when Ryder blind-tags in and hits the Rough Ryder on Ziggler for the pin.

* As Ryder is celebrating, Ryan is all "wtf man?" and then takes off Ryder's head with a clothesline and hits him with whatever his finishing move is.

* Ryan justifies this by claiming he is not hear to make friends or fans -- he's here to hurt people and win championships.

* We then have a Triple Threat set-up between Ziggler, Ryan & Ryder, which could be a lot of fun. Jack Swagger could interfere in that and help Ziggler retain the title, because he's an awesome US Champion.

DAMN iNATOR
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I think Ryan's biggest problem is that he is green. He should really be in FCW learning the ropes still. I think the WWE is also rushing him as a babyface. I'd do something like this:

* Zack Ryder beats Jack Swagger on RAW with a roll-up counter to an Ankle Lock attempt. This match is a way to gauge whether Ryder "deserves" a US Title shot.

* Swagger & Ziggler beat-down Ryder after the match, and Ryan makes the save.

* The following week, Ryder & Ryan defeat Ziggler & Swagger after Ryder absorbs the heat, and then Ryan comes in and kills everyone dead. Ryan looks like he is about to put Ziggler down, when Ryder blind-tags in and hits the Rough Ryder on Ziggler for the pin.

* As Ryder is celebrating, Ryan is all "wtf man?" and then takes off Ryder's head with a clothesline and hits him with whatever his finishing move is.

* Ryan justifies this by claiming he is not hear to make friends or fans -- he's here to hurt people and win championships.

* We then have a Triple Threat set-up between Ziggler, Ryan & Ryder, which could be a lot of fun. Jack Swagger could interfere in that and help Ziggler retain the title, because he's an awesome US Champion.

I like it. Except for the whole Swagger interfering to help DZ hold the belt longer. Maybe do that for TLC though, and then the next night on RAW (which would be Dec. 19th), have Ryder win the belt in a 1-on-1 rematch with Swagger and Vickie both banned from ringside with "serious consequences" if they so much as showed their faces. This way DZ can say he held the US belt for a full 6 months exactly, and the mass of Ryder fans, myself included, get to see Ryder win his first major secondary title.

That would be a win-win scenario for all involved. :cool:

GD
11-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I have also noticed that Mason Ryan is not at all intimidating as Big Dave Batista was.

GD
11-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Does anyone remember the powerbomb Batista gave Michaels at Survivor Series 2003?

FourFifty
11-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Give him a decent heel mouth piece. The dude is a jacked monster, and as long as someone else can get the heat for him, he'll be good.

Lock Jaw
11-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Google Image searched heel mouthpiece and this dude appeared on page 1

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/263/612/JohnBradshawLayfield-wwe_display_image.jpg?1315180505

Rammsteinmad
11-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I have also noticed that Mason Ryan is not at all intimidating as Big Dave Batista was.

Your post would have more credibility if you said that to Ryan's face. :wave:

Lock Jaw
11-21-2011, 05:47 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LA94u7LNPB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperSlim'sGF
11-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I wish Superslim would stop trying to touch my privates

Lock Jaw
11-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I wish Superslim would stop trying to touch my privates

I kinda wish this sock account would just go away.

Rollermacka
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I kinda feel he was just brought up because Skippy got injured and they needed a big muscle for Nexus.

Side note, I've started watching FCW again and it lookes like Vince is on another "big man" binge.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4s3Pmwuo1f0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those are some BIG dudes.

Team Sheep
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
With Barrett going on his whole wanting to become the first English World Champion, I'd love him to win it and then get killed by a faction of Mason, Sheamus and Drew. Would be quality :p

As has been said before, I've waited my whole life to see a Welshman in WWE, and when he started speaking Welsh in promo's I almost jizzed everywhere, so of course I'm going to like him. As a performer, he'll get better with time.

RiX1024
11-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Agree with Sheep. still green...in time he'll be gold.