PDA

View Full Version : Hardys main eventing again, how long before he screws it up?

Rollermacka
12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
So Jeff Hardy is main eventing TNAs next PPV and gets a world title match if he wins. I'm not suprised but I didnt figure it would have taken longer, I guess to his credit he looks like he's back in shape and looks good in the ring. If it was up to me I'd put him in the tag team or X division at the highest, have some overlooked or young, up and comming, dependable wrestler take his spot in the main event (then again what do I know :-\) So Jeff has had more second chances than the Ultimate Warrior, how long do you think it will be before Hardy fucks it up, ends up on rehab, or arrested for drugs, or no shows a world title match, or shows up unable to prefrom?

Xero
12-04-2011, 12:52 PM
If he fucks this up he's going away for a while. He's on probation for 36 months or so.

I've said it before, personally, I wouldn't have brought him back until at minimum a year and a half after him proving to be sober. And even after that, he'd be putting guys over left and right for at least another year before he gets anywhere near the main event.

Actually, I probably wouldn't have brought him back at all, but business is business and he sells merch like an asian prostitute at an anime convention. So I can at least see that he does have value.

But this is TNA and Dixie Carter we're talking about. If Jeff Hardy raped her, her dog and her parents he'd be back within two months on top.

Edit: Didn't see the poll. I think he's not going to be fucking up for a while, so I'll go with a year. Really, anything wouldn't surprise me at this point.

whiteyford
12-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm assuming hes pretty well paid,so as much as i agree with Xero i'm not shocked he's back main eventing as soon as he is,it was the same reason guys kept the main event spots in WCW under Bischoff.

Emperor Smeat
12-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd keep him away from actually winning the title since it seems all his major screw-ups occur once he has the main belt but I'd say he goes over a year without screwing up.

He'll probably have some smaller potential incidents as the probation date gets closer to end or how much time he's spending with Matt Hardy or other "bad" friends during his time off.

Mr. Pierre
12-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Extremely pathetic that TNA can't find a suitable replacement for Jeff.

Xero
12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Extremely pathetic that TNA can't find a suitable replacement for Jeff.

That's their own fault. If they weren't so inept at creating/pushing stars that people actually care about instead of the likes of the spawn of fucking Eric Bischoff they wouldn't have to rely on someone like Hardy.

Rammsteinmad
12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Why is a #1 contenders match the main event?

JimmyMess
12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The fact that there is a poll & discussion on the potential for these scenarios answers the question for me.

Xero
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM

It's TNA.

Rammsteinmad
12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
:shifty:

Rollermacka
12-04-2011, 03:50 PM

It's TNA.

True, let me elaborate on that point. It's TNA so every other match on a PPV card is a "main event match"

RiX1024
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
If he's still clean over six months to a year he deserves a medal.

CSL
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
this is hugely surprising that probably the biggest name in TNA is main eventing

Kane Knight
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
this is hugely surprising that probably the biggest name in TNA is main eventing
What, did Sting retire?

Kane Knight
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
What, did Jarrett retire?

Kane Knight
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
What, did Eric Young retire?

CSL
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
there is a glitch in the Kane Knight machine, gonna need tech forum help

#BROKEN Hasney
12-04-2011, 04:49 PM

What, did Matt Har....

I can't even bring myself to finish that one

Kane Knight
12-04-2011, 04:58 PM
there is a glitch in the Kane Knight machine, gonna need tech forum help

You don't want to see my "debug screen."

FourFifty
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
With how far Matt Hardy has fallen from grace, I'm just "m'eh" about it all. If Jeff stays clean while in TNA, good for him. If he doesn't, it's going to be awfully difficult to trump his brother Matt when it comes to failing at life.

CSL
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
FourFifty - Better at life than Matt Hardy

Nicky Fives
12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Within the year 2012.....

Poit
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM

It's TNA.

WWE did the same thing earlier this year...

Blakeamus
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I think I had mention this before and wouldn't be surprised if he would get back in the main event picture within a few months.

A7X
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
He doesn't need a medal for staying sober, that's what sobriety chips are for

ace3025
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm gonna be a fool, and ill buy the hype. I think Jeff will get it together. This all depends on Matt - if Matt goes to jail and is out of the picture I think Jeff goes on some righteous "this is for Matt" thing and stays clean.

But we've been here before and I'm sure I will regret this post

Kane Knight
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat!

Spaff
12-05-2011, 01:22 AM
If he fucks this up he's going away for a while. He's on probation for 36 months or so.

I've said it before, personally, I wouldn't have brought him back until at minimum a year and a half after him proving to be sober. And even after that, he'd be putting guys over left and right for at least another year before he gets anywhere near the main event.

Actually, I probably wouldn't have brought him back at all, but business is business and he sells merch like an asian prostitute at an anime convention. So I can at least see that he does have value.

But this is TNA and Dixie Carter we're talking about. If Jeff Hardy raped her, her dog and her parents he'd be back within two months on top.
Id love to fight you
Edit: Didn't see the poll. I think he's not going to be fucking up for a while, so I'll go with a year. Really, anything wouldn't surprise me at this point.

TheAdamEvansFan
12-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Xero seems to be losing it with all his swearing in his posts.

Too bad, use to be a decent poster.

Meh.

How does one clean up when he still has the pains all over his body? Returning to wrestling will only further the issue. Is he getting pain relievers prescribed to him? If not, and he's wrestling again, I'd expect he's still taking some meds under the table to relieve the pain.

Damndirty
12-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but he might actually be thinking of making the money in WWE again that he's not making in TNA, and the only way he can do that is prove to Vince that he finally has cleaned up. Could be wrong, but I've seen people come back to WWE who I never expected to.

Vastardikai
12-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat!

since you mentioned it...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kRW7pITY5Cg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kane Knight
12-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Too bad, use to be a decent poster.

Proof you be trollin'.