PDA

View Full Version : Orton Injured?

Xero
12-28-2011, 05:32 AM
From PWInsider:

Randy Orton suffered an injury at tonight's Smackdown taping, where he faced (SMACKDOWN SPOILER REMOVED). WWE has already disclosed the injury via their Twitter account but did not disclose the nature of the injury.

PWInsider.com has confirmed Orton's injury was back related. We have not confirmed the severity but know it was something to do with at least one of the discs in his back.

---

From WWE.com:

Due to an injury he sustained at SmackDown in Indianapolis, Randy Orton will be replaced by Sheamus in scheduled Street Fights against Wade Barrett at WWE live events this week.

Check back with WWE.com for more updates on Orton’s condition.

owenbrown
12-28-2011, 05:50 AM
read the smackdown spoiler thread xero

Tazz Dan
12-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Why would he do that? Maybe he doesn't want the rest of the show spoiled owenbrown!!!!

Tazz Dan
12-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Well???????????????

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-28-2011, 06:55 AM
YAY

Corporate CockSnogger
12-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Shame. Been his best year for feuds and probably in ring work too. Also a shame that one of the big names might be out for the run up to Wrestlemania, as well as the event itself.

Volare
12-28-2011, 09:24 AM
I feel for Orton, and not trying to be a dick but this is now the time a "new gen" guy could step up and be big. Unless they just push Sheamus to the #1 face.

#1-norm-fan
12-28-2011, 10:49 AM
I feel for Orton, and not trying to be a dick but this is now the time a "new gen" guy could step up and be big. Unless they just push Sheamus to the #1 face.

Or move someone like Rey Mysterio from Raw and ruin everyone's hopes for a new guy stepping up.

Smackdown has a face champion, The Big Show in the picture and Sheamus is up there too. Orton hasn't been "necessary" in the big picture for a while. The show will miss his matches and star power but as for card positioning, the main event has been fine without him since Hell in a Cell. They should be fine

JKWJRMON
12-28-2011, 01:22 PM
WWE is fucked if Orton is out for 4-6 weeks.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
They'll manage.

#1-norm-fan
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they'll find a way to survive.

Aguakate
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Maybe now WWE will really move CM Punk to Smackdown.

Evil Vito
12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Sounds like Orton could miss up to 6 months with this injury. Damn.</font>

Lock Jaw
12-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Christian Face Turn to fill the void. Just have him SNAP and turn face.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Sheamus.

Gertner
12-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Christian Face Turn to fill the void. Just have him SNAP and turn face.

Would he still become a submission machine?

Evil Vito
12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Sheamus is definitely winning the Rumble. I'd expect him to face Barrett (who wins the title at Elimination Chamber) at Mania. Basically just Orton's storyline with Sheamus replacing Orton.</font>

#1-norm-fan
12-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I really wanna see Sheamus get a big time win at WrestleMania as a face. Title match or not.

Lock Jaw
12-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Would he still become a submission machine?

Yeah, but as a face, all of his holds would look weak as shit, but be presented as SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Vastardikai
12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
The WWE has come to terms with the Release of (Smackdown Spoiler Removed). We wish (Smackdown Spoiler Removed) the best in all it's future endeavors.

:shifty:

Lock Jaw
12-28-2011, 05:01 PM
From PWInsider:

Randy Orton suffered an injury at tonight's Smackdown taping, where he faced (SMACKDOWN SPOILER REMOVED). WWE has already disclosed the injury via their Twitter account but did not disclose the nature of the injury.

PWInsider.com has confirmed Orton's injury was back related. We have not confirmed the severity but know it was something to do with at least one of the discs in his back.

Really From PWInsider:

The ending to Smackdown for this Friday was dictated by Randy Orton's back issues. The injury was something Orton had been dealing with in recent weeks, so his match with Wade Barrett was company's way of writing the injury into the storylines.

While we do not have any update on the severity of the injury at this time, I want to note that an inaccurate report is floating around citing PWInsider.com as reporting Orton would miss Wrestlemania due to a slipped disc. Nothing of the sort was written or stated on either the free or Elite versions of PWInsider.com. Whoever published that report is stating an absolute lie, so remember that when you decide what outlets are legitimate and worth your time.

big stank
12-28-2011, 09:28 PM
there goes wade barrets push :/

#1-norm-fan
12-28-2011, 09:41 PM
You mean there goes (SMACKDOWN SPOILER REMOVED)'s push.

Theo Dious
12-28-2011, 10:13 PM
there goes wade barrets push :/

Right, because nobody has been pushed lately on the subject of having put out a top guy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6ReZOPN8iO0/Te3g9ZVaj1I/AAAAAAAAAQk/HKwu3kYMeoA/s1600/w4.jpg

Well, almost no one.

James Diesel
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm hearing reports of this being a cover for a failed wellness test? Confirm or deny

Gertner
12-28-2011, 10:45 PM
It's now time for the Dibiase Posse to shine!

Shisen Kopf
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Fear not WWE fans, who needs orton when there is mr rassle himself: the charismatic Daniel Bryan. He can carry the WWE to the highest ratings in years.

Theo Dious
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm hearing reports of this being a cover for a failed wellness test? Confirm or deny

This rumor happens every time someone get injured.

Volare
12-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Randy Orton's return will consist of actual live vipers being dropped from the ceiling into the ring for a few weeks during random matches.

owenbrown
12-29-2011, 01:27 AM
source: PWInsider
RANDY ORTON UPDATE
By Mike Johnson on 2011-12-28 23:47:44

Chris Gabbard sent word that at tonight's Smackdown house show in Detroit, Michigan, the show opened with Wade Barrett coming out and cutting a promo claiming he had put Randy Orton out of action for six months. The six months reference was probably derived from the false report attributed to this website by other outlets as there's been no indication internally as to how long Orton will be out.
WWE offered refunds to fans who were upset Orton did not appear, giving them until 8:25 PM to request a refund.

Juan
12-29-2011, 02:31 AM
WWE is fucked if Orton is out for 4-6 weeks.

lol

#1-norm-fan
12-29-2011, 10:39 AM

If it was a cover for a wellness violation, he wouldn't be out for 6 months.

Volare
12-29-2011, 11:05 AM
More like he saved up all his suspension days as a half year vacation. He probably saved his money so he'll be alright till then.

Xero
12-29-2011, 11:18 AM
"Now, if you don't get suspended for a year, you get a month's vacation."

Volare
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I swear to god if fucking vipers don't drop from the fucking ceiling for his return I'm gonna fucking snap, go to wrestling school, and become a bad ass submission machine, get hired from WWE, and make it fucking happen myself.

That or get pissed off and say fuck this.

Taker it Easy
12-29-2011, 11:47 AM
As noted earlier, Randy Orton has suffered an injury.

Captain of Fun
12-29-2011, 12:40 PM
If they were smart, they'd spin this into a mystery angle, with a dragon eventually being revealed as the culprit.

OldSchoolFan
12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Randy Orton's return will consist of actual live vipers being dropped from the ceiling into the ring for a few weeks during random matches.

And half the people here would be screaming "OMG Sting is coming!!!!" (because everything is a sign that Sting will be in WWE Soon)

Or any wrestler you can remotely relate to snakes... or even the number of snakes falling

Xero
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
And half the people here would be screaming "OMG Sting is coming!!!!"

Or any wrestler you can remotely relate to snakes... or even the number of snakes falling

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgop4HBOo1r3itp3o1_400.jpg

Taker it Easy
12-29-2011, 12:56 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgop4HBOo1r3itp3o1_400.jpg

He has already fallen...

Eklipse
12-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Damn. was looking forward to seeing Orton at the Rumble. That's kinda' shitty. Their 2nd biggest ppv of the year and it's in his hometown. I'm sure he'll be there. Maybe somehow cost Barrett the Rumble match or something.

owenbrown
12-29-2011, 04:54 PM
yet another Orton update from PWInsider:

RANDY ORTON INJURY UPDATE
By Mike Johnson on 2011-12-29 15:59:12 WWE.com ran a story this afternoon, quoting Dr. Michael Sampson of their medical staff on Randy Orton's back issues. Sampson stated that Orton suffered a herniated disc around his L-4/L-5 level on the left side of his back, which has led to pain and weakness shooting down to his legs.
Sampson stated Orton was going to need to rehabilitate his back as well as undergo physical therapy. Orton was prescribed anti-inflammatory medication to reduce the pain.

WWE's story stated that the injury could keep Orton out for "a few weeks", which probably means they are aiming for a Royal Rumble return.

As I wrote yesterday, stories attributed to PWInsider.com that Orton would be out six months were a boldface fabricated lie published by other outlets. Wade Barrett actually referenced the fake story while doing mic work in Detroit last night, claiming he had put Orton out of action for up to six months with the match that will air tomorrow on Smackdown.

D Mac
12-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Damn. was looking forward to seeing Orton at the Rumble. That's kinda' shitty. Their 2nd biggest ppv of the year and it's in his hometown. I'm sure he'll be there. Maybe somehow cost Barrett the Rumble match or something.

Yeah this is one of the main reason's I'm exited to see the Rumble live. Hopefully owen's update news is true.

Attitude99
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Orton injured ? that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing.

Mr. Pierre
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Hopefully Orton is back very soon. He's been WWE's most consistent wrestler for the entire year (in a positive way) :y:

Jura
12-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I'd say Orton is the best wrestler of 2011.

#1-norm-fan
12-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd say Orton is the best wrestler of 2011.

He's had the best string of match based feuds I've seen in a long LONG time.

His matches with Christian and Henry specifically were brilliant.

Jordan
12-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Punk too bro

RiX1024
12-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Oh well there goes my Rumble prediction.

#1-norm-fan
12-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Punk too bro

Punk is the better wrestler but I don't think he had the string of greatness in the ring this year Orton did. Mainly because Orton is on Smackdown where the writers know how to book wrestling.

Xero
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Can't think of any Orton matches that stand out to me this year at all. Can't even remember who he faced at Mania.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Punk

XL
12-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Punk too bro

Punk is the better wrestler but I don't think he had the string of greatness in the ring this year Orton did. Mainly because Orton is on Smackdown where the writers know how to book wrestling.
He meant Orton's matches with Henry, Christian and Punk.

D Mac
12-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh well there goes my Rumble prediction.

If you saw the earlier news posted by downtown owenbrown they are shooting for a Rumble return.

ace3025
12-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Just to put Orton's 2011 in perspective here. He had feuds with Miz, very early on, Punk, Christian, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Barrett. I'd say without Orton to put over 3, and possibly 4 if they book Barrett right, we don't have any believable future stars. Plus, Christian gained a lot of steam from orton, until another injury cooled him off.

And look what the feuds with Rhodes did for Cody, I feel that somewhere in that feud, possibly the match where cody had his brain spilled everywhere, put cody on a rocketship and allowed him to catch up to ziggler.

Skippord
12-31-2011, 09:22 AM
easily the weirdest fluctuation in capitalization I've ever seen

Theo Dious
12-31-2011, 09:23 AM
easily the weirdest fluctuation in capitalization I've ever seen

Seriously. I've never seen a good point made with such bad structure.

ace3025
12-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah, gotta love the auto correct on smartphones. That and I randomly like emphasizing different words throughout just to keep people guessing.

Rammsteinmad
12-31-2011, 11:55 AM
His feud with Cost Rhodes was one of the best ones this year.

Tom Guycott
12-31-2011, 03:53 PM
I have a better idea for his return... he goes back to the "RNN" injury updates every week in the middle of a Barrett promo.

Also, with my "new internets I got for Christmas", I'm trying to catch up on the last 2 months worth of wrestling shows. Just got to "Orton sustaining an injury" in the aftermath of the brawl. I think I noticed something... isn't ... isn't that the same flight of stairs that he threw Mick Foley down when he first started the "Legend Killer" thing? Seems like this intentionally mirrored that.

ace3025
12-31-2011, 06:59 PM
There.....my post is fixed and mostly error free.....

#1-norm-fan
12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
His feud with Cost Rhodes was one of the best ones this year.

His feud with Cody screamed "filler" to me. I wouldn't even put it in the top 3 Randy Orton feuds of 2011...

#1-norm-fan
12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
It would be 4th.

Emperor Smeat
12-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Still think Sheamus is the one who wins the Rumble if a Smackdown guy was picked to win it although this probably now means Barrett is least likely to win the Rumble considering Orton would be returning to toss out Barrett.

If Barrett ends up in the title match against Bryan somehow then the WWE might be rushing Orton back to win it just to keep the feud active until Mania (and potentially the smaller Bryan-Barrett feud before Mania).

#1-norm-fan
12-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I really want Sheamus or Jericho to win the Rumble. del Rio winning last year was way too early. They don't need to repeat the same mistake with Barrett. Sheamus is the only one of the "new breed" guys that seem like they're ready and won't suffer from the over-push. Maybe Ziggler too.

Of course, if Punk loses the title, he instantly jumps to the best option to win it.

The Show Off
01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I have a better idea for his return... he goes back to the "RNN" injury updates every week in the middle of a Barrett promo.

Also, with my "new internets I got for Christmas", I'm trying to catch up on the last 2 months worth of wrestling shows. Just got to "Orton sustaining an injury" in the aftermath of the brawl. I think I noticed something... isn't ... isn't that the same flight of stairs that he threw Mick Foley down when he first started the "Legend Killer" thing? Seems like this intentionally mirrored that.

If the above statement was sarcasam than I appologize but...

The flight of stairs that Orton kicked Mick Foley down to kick off his Legend Killer gimmick was in Madison Square Garden, so it couldn't have been the same flight of stairs. Now, I'm going to sit hear and wonder why my mind is filled with that information.