PDA

View Full Version : Will John Cena turn heel soon?

snakeboss
01-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I miss his rappin gimmick!

Savio
01-07-2012, 02:33 PM
No, WWE lost a lot of money when Austin turned heel so they will never do that again.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
any day now

snakeboss
So never then? that's boring

snakeboss
P.S. JBL is a wrestling god!

#1-norm-fan
01-07-2012, 02:52 PM
P.S. JBL is a wrestling god!

I miss his rapin gimmick.

ace3025
01-07-2012, 03:49 PM
HHH joins Cena to form " H8 Ryzin" and owns everyone!!

Nicky Fives
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
The way they are booking Cena, there is no way that he isn't NOT going to turn..... it's just a matter of time before the marks start crying.....

#1-norm-fan
01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
The way they are booking Cena, there is no way that he isn't NOT going to turn..... it's just a matter of time before the marks start crying.....

This is inaccurate.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-07-2012, 04:14 PM
So Snakeboss where have you been for 6 years? When you going back there?

snakeboss
01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I've been with your mum, I'm going back there later tonight :)

Rammsteinmad
01-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I would find that hilarious if I was 14 years old.

snakeboss
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Never mind, Rammsteinmad. I guess I have a different audience demographic to you.

Me, I was only 11 when I was on here 6 years ago, so apologies if I seemed stupid. I was 11...yeah.

But if you're going to let silly things I said when I was 11 keep me recieving a hostile reaction here, well I'm not going to argue. I'm just a wrestling fan, I'm sorry if to some people here, my grammer isn't always efficient and correct. I thought this was a wrestling fan site, not an English exam, but let's leave it be.

Tazz Dan
01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Well, as long as you're sorry.

Rammsteinmad
Alright sweetheart, relax. I was just messing with ya. I have no idea who you are. There's no way I would remember a poster with 250 posts from six years ago. Chill.

SlickyTrickyDamon
It's illegal to sign up for things on the internet until you are 13.

Well, I'll give you a fair shot since you are a JBL fan. Welcome back :D

Gertner
01-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Sorry, just made a rude remark to you, but then noticed you're a JBL fan like myself.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
CAN WE TALK ABOUT WRESTLING PLEASE

snakeboss
01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
No worries guys, don't worry, I'm not crying haha just felt I needed to get that out of the way so I can just post without certain people who remember me taking the piss.

And yes, JBL is amazing! It was a dark day in wrestling when he left.

Rammsteinmad
01-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't think anyone here remembers you. Sorry to be the one to tell ya that.

Evil Vito
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
<font color=goldenrod>They will tease a heel turn but there is no chance that it ever actually happens.</font>

Extreme Angle
01-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Can't remember if this guy is friends with Charisma Injection or not...

Kane Knight
01-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Cena should turn heel. There's a lot of money in heel Cena.

Ruien
01-07-2012, 05:17 PM
John Cena is already a heel, people are just to blind to see it.

Ruien
01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Honestly, the kids cheer him still yes but the majority of the audience boos the crap out of him (usually). Just because the WWE hasn't said "John Cena is a heel now" most wrestling fans can't grasp the concept.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Don't get it when people say "Cena's already a heel" or "he's the biggest heel in the business". He doesn't act like a heel in any way whatsoever. Just because he gets negative reactions doesn't mean he's a heel.

Guess I can't grasp the concept.

Ruien
01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't get it when people say "Cena's already a heel" or "he's the biggest heel in the business". He doesn't act like a heel in any way whatsoever. Just because he gets negative reactions doesn't mean he's a heel.

Guess I can't grasp the concept.

How many times does he have to say he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him? That is not being a face, that is saying "I don't care what you want or who you favor. I am better than you" which is being a heel.

No not all his promos are heelish, but he does a lot of heelish things.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-07-2012, 05:52 PM
He's not exactly saying it in a "Hey I don't care what you guys think so fuck you" manner though is he? It's much more "I'm gonna make sure I do the right thing because I'm a super nice guy, whether that makes me unpopular or not"

Ruien
01-07-2012, 05:55 PM
I guess I classify a heel as doing the opposite of what the crowd wants. And the crowd demands he be a little more edgy and he says no. I get what you are saying though, we just interpret different.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-07-2012, 06:14 PM
No, a tweener is somebody who intentionally does things to get cheered and then to get booed. John Cena is a face who gets booed.

Extreme Angle
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
John Cena is a face who gets booed.

#1-norm-fan
01-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure there is a real good definition of face/heel anymore.

Wishbone
01-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Let me go ahead and answer this question right now.

NEVER.

/thread

Lock Jaw
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
He won't turn heel unless they have someone to replace him with as THE top goody-two-shoes Face.

Also, welcome back to Snakeboss, who I approve of solely based on his being a JBL fan.

Rhaps
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Agreed. Cena's already the biggest heel there is. Proof, if ever it was needed, that even in these fancy modern times of the Internet and so-called smart fans, we're still being completely worked by WWE.

Tom Guycott
01-08-2012, 12:44 AM
How many times does he have to say he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him? That is not being a face, that is saying "I don't care what you want or who you favor. I am better than you" which is being a heel.

No not all his promos are heelish, but he does a lot of heelish things.

Like no sell multiple finishers to exposed concrete in the same match and still beat the 10 count.

Also, CM Punk is a heel who stopped insulting the fans. Inject that again and he's still heel, much like The Rock AND Austin in their primes.

Seriously, TPWW, what would honestly be gained around here from Cena turning heel?

If they actually DID pull the trigger on that, everyone would bitch about how it's not being done right, and there would still be a multitude of Cena haters: only it wouldn't be a mix of cheers and boos, it'd be a mixture of boos and apathetic X-Pac heat.

It's not so much that he needs to turn heel. He just needs a breath of fresh air breathed into his character. A heel turn COULD do that, but so could adding something to him besides SUPERCENA!!! A good road COULD have been against Punk with never being able to beat him for the title (sometimes even straight up, no screwjob or run-in) no matter how hard he tried. They derailed that and decided to run the CM face gravy train, but that's another topic for another time.

Think about this: one of the reasons everyone is so high on Cody Rhodes is the fact that he keeps reinventing himself. He went from "nobody CAW" to generic cocky heel in Legacy, to primping pretty boy, to troubled former pretty boy, to the kind of vicious, self-centered heel Orton used to be. He also did this in a relativly short period of time considering his tenure in the 'E.

That entire time, Cena has pretty much done the same schtick.

A heel turn isn't 100% money as an answer. He just needs to change up his gimmick a bit. Or go away for awhile. Or, even better, both. Didn't mean that "go away" in the "we hate Cena" way. I just meant that usually, when people disappear due to injury or suspension or whatever, they come back and make an impact because everyone is all like "oh, we haven't seen HIM for awhile!" Cena could use that, and then come back re-invented. Heel or not.

Shapenday
01-08-2012, 02:02 AM
It's time for Cena to turn. If Hogan can do it, anyone can.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2012, 03:52 AM
That the WWE has waited so long to turn Cena heel will make it revolutionary when it does happen. It'll completely turn wrestling on its head. The WWE has Randy Orton and Sheamus being built up as "Super Faces," and CM Punk is well on the way, as well. Throw in Rey Mysterio and you have quite a lot of guys perfectly capable of carrying things on the babyface side.

#1-norm-fan
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
It's not about finding someone to carry things on the babyface side. It's about finding someone to replace the shitload of Cena merch people buy for their kids. No one can do that right now. He is this generation's Hogan. And even if they could find someone else, they'd still be losing money on Cena as opposed to having both guys be the kid friendly, role-model face.

#1-norm-fan
01-08-2012, 11:03 AM
There's a way to make him more ruthless and likable to everyone without turning him heel. They just haven't found the formula yet.

Damndirty
01-09-2012, 12:33 AM
What to do to be a working and top-selling face in the business today?

answer: be a pissed off psychopath all the time that brutalizes the heels, will stomp on ANYBODY including innocent bystanders, midgets, and 80 yr old women, background music that's actually threatening

not the answer: go around waving with a smile on your face, high fiving fans, be an honorable competitor that defends the weak, help granny cross the street, background music that makes you sound like a superhero (this only worked all the way for Hogan, but Cena... kids and teenage girls only)

For the record, when Mason Ryan came out with a pissed off expression to look like he was going to help Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger, and then turn on them, goes back up the ramp with a happy cheerful smile, he fucking blew any chance for loyal fandom that night. Had he went psycho on the three faces and THEN turn on the heels and lay one of the faces ontop for a pin, he would have developed something to follow.

Damndirty
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
And for one more record, Cena WILL turn heel eventually simply because they have people capable of replacing him. Punk (if he can speak as radically, if not more, as he did before watering it down), Ryder, who is most likely the next big thing unless we see an unexpected highly successful turn for Dolph Ziggler. Hmmm... that's a good idea for a thread...

Swish
01-09-2012, 02:14 AM
We all remember how he came into WWE as a HEEL right??.

http://www.jcenation.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/31.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2012, 02:29 AM
It's not about finding someone to carry things on the babyface side. It's about finding someone to replace the shitload of Cena merch people buy for their kids. No one can do that right now. He is this generation's Hogan. And even if they could find someone else, they'd still be losing money on Cena as opposed to having both guys be the kid friendly, role-model face.

That's what I meant.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2012, 02:31 AM

Actually, I'm pretty sure Cena debuted as a babyface. He was all "I'm going to stand up for myself! Grrr!"

Juan
01-09-2012, 02:44 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nAJdjeV3ZuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MIZantine Empire
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
given the monumental rise from punk in to being the top face, imo, and the return of jericho, hopefully for awhile (you heard the constant pop he got) i can see a cena heel turn..which would suck, since i just bought my lets go cena? cena sucks shirt, lol

Destor
01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
What to do to be a working and top-selling face in the business today?

answer: be a pissed off psychopath all the time that brutalizes the heels, will stomp on ANYBODY including innocent bystanders, midgets, and 80 yr old women, background music that's actually threatening

not the answer: go around waving with a smile on your face, high fiving fans, be an honorable competitor that defends the weak, help granny cross the street, background music that makes you sound like a superhero (this only worked all the way for Hogan, but Cena... kids and teenage girls only)

For the record, when Mason Ryan came out with a pissed off expression to look like he was going to help Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger, and then turn on them, goes back up the ramp with a happy cheerful smile, he fucking blew any chance for loyal fandom that night. Had he went psycho on the three faces and THEN turn on the heels and lay one of the faces ontop for a pin, he would have developed something to follow.you serious? i cant tell.

Damndirty
01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
you serious? i cant tell.

Which part?

Sixx
01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
What a fresh idea!

Kane Knight
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
He's not exactly saying it in a "Hey I don't care what you guys think so fuck you" manner though is he? It's much more "I'm gonna make sure I do the right thing because I'm a super nice guy, whether that makes me unpopular or not"

Which still gets him booed.

Actually, it's the heel-iest thing he could do right now, because even "go fuck yourself" would probably be more in line with what the fans want.

Cena's fine where he is and the only reason smarks want him to turn heel is so they can cheer him.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Well I personally just see the face/heel definition as being on par with good guy/bad guy, hero/villain, Superman/Lex Luther, Batman/Joker etc rather than doing what the fans want or not. Cena is the ultimate good guy whether people like that or not, and that to me makes him a face and not "the biggest heel in the business" as some people like to put it, just because a section of fans boo him.

Some people might prefer The Joker to Batman and want the villains to come out on top, doesn't change who the villain and who the hero is. Some people might want Tom to catch Jerry, doesn't change the general stance of the two characters.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
That has nothing to do with whether or not Cena will turn, or whether I think he should or not. Just solely debating with the guys who suggest Cena is already a heel.

Swish
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Cena debuted as a babyface. He was all "I'm going to stand up for myself! Grrr!"

He wasn't a babeface, he was a heel. :). He Bitch Slapped Jericho before facing Kurt Angle, and am Pretty sure Jericho back then was a face.

Lock Jaw
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Just read a Superman comic where some "teens" were anti-Superman because they thought he was lame:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/Picture3-7.png
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/Picture4-2.png
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/Picture5-1.png

Kane Knight
01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Well I personally just see the face/heel definition as being on par with good guy/bad guy, hero/villain, Superman/Lex Luther, Batman/Joker etc rather than doing what the fans want or not. Cena is the ultimate good guy whether people like that or not, and that to me makes him a face and not "the biggest heel in the business" as some people like to put it, just because a section of fans boo him.

Some people might prefer The Joker to Batman and want the villains to come out on top, doesn't change who the villain and who the hero is. Some people might want Tom to catch Jerry, doesn't change the general stance of the two characters.

Part of being a good guy in the WWE Universe is appealing to the fans. Batman doesn't have to deal with that. Though I would argue his heroic status is debatable in many incarnations, but that's really not here or there in terms of this topic. The point is, Tom and Jerry are pretty amoral at best, Batman and Joker don't have to satisfy Gotham City, and it doesn't REALLY matter if Metropolis is rooting for Superman. It does matter with John Cena, because his role is different.

#1-norm-fan
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
He wasn't a babeface, he was a heel. :). He Bitch Slapped Jericho before facing Kurt Angle, and am Pretty sure Jericho back then was a face.

No

His debut was against Angle... as a face. That was his first appearance period. He then went on to feud with Jericho... who was a heel at the time.

Juan
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nAJdjeV3ZuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kane Knight
01-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Remember when John Cena wrestled against Godzilla for the IC title? I can't remember if that was before or after his debut match with Angle.

Jordan
01-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Cena isn't in any sort of "character danger" at all, and since he was reported as about 109 million to WWE last year I highly doubt he will take on any disposition changes any time soon.

This thread is made at least once a month on TPWW and it gets old. People need to open their eyes and see that Cena's character is the binding to the book of WWE.

Lock Jaw
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Large image tracking Cena's boo/cheer ratio. Don't know how it is measured.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/wwe/files/2012/01/Cena-Graphic-High_1.jpg

Kane Knight
01-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Large image tracking Cena's boo/cheer ratio. Don't know how it is measured.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/wwe/files/2012/01/Cena-Graphic-High_1.jpg
I totally believe it.