PDA

View Full Version : The *NEW* Manny Ramirez (appreciation thread)

Yashamaga
05-03-2004, 05:15 PM
This season there's been a new side of Manny previously unseen. He's talking to the media and stuff nowadays and he has a website ( www.mannyramirez.com ) and he also looks to be joking around in the dugout.

Manny is the man. He even volunteered to loan the sox $15 million over the next three years to pay for Greedy Petey.

so talk about how cool manny is some more in this thread

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Manny has always been the man

Everyone just never realized til now..pussies

Supreme Olajuwon
05-03-2004, 05:30 PM
I thought he was the man as an Indian and but I dont really follow him too much in Boston. Never thought he was bad ever

Loose Cannon
05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Jeter has always been the man. He has been the leader on the Yankees for a long time and has led them to 4 Championships since 96. I have always respected Jeter on the field as he is the one guy that can make things happen. Don't jump on him for being in a little slump right now cause he'll break out of it. Jeter is the Yankee Captain and will lead them to victory. Thanks.

MoRcHeEbA
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
remember when most of boston thought that A-rod was the man when they wanted to trade Manny

The Outlaw
05-03-2004, 06:41 PM
remember when most of boston thought that A-rod was the man when they wanted to trade Manny

lol

Yashamaga
05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
blah blah blah.

this isn't the Derek Jeter appreciation thread

ass

The Outlaw
05-03-2004, 06:50 PM
For it to be new, wouldn't there be an older one? :?:

Maybe I just didn't care enough to look at the first one, I dunno

AlphaBean
05-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Well the old Manny was the one before BALCO.

:shifty:

BCWWF
05-03-2004, 07:34 PM
I read somewhere a while ago that Manny works his ass off and the guys on his team really didn't look at him as the cancer. I think it was more his contract than his attitude. Anyway, I wish there were more guys who did stuff like this, I don't think it was mentioned above, but he also said he would sacrafice some money for Garciapara to stay in Boston. Keeping the core fan favorite guys together is huge, if Nomar and/or Pedro decide to go elsewhere for more money, that is just a dis to the whole organization.

I just wish stuff like this happened to a smaller market team. Of course I will use the Twins as an example, they brought up, no they made LaTroy Hawkins, Eddie Guardado, and Eric Milton who they are today, and they all had to go elsewhere due to salary reasons. That is just shitty when core/trademark guys have to leave for money.

Note: Kirby Puckett signed with the Twins for less money than he could have made elsewhere, and won World Series'. Trevor Hoffman did the same thing last season, some other guys have done the same. Anyone like that deserves respect.

The Icon of Elisim
05-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Hence why Roger Clemens and Andy Petitte all of a sudden rock

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-03-2004, 09:43 PM
remember when most of boston thought that A-rod was the man when they wanted to trade MannyThats best at the time Ordonez & A-Rod > Manny & Nomaa

I didnt really care though...trading 2 all stars for 2 all stars. I mean A-Rod is nasty and everything but its not he has been head and shoulders above everyone..plus he has been playing like shit since he started playing in a big city

The Outlaw
05-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Hence why Roger Clemens and Andy Petitte all of a sudden rock

VonErich Lives
05-04-2004, 04:23 AM
Manny made some changes this year, the way he deals w/ media and fans. He's been working on his "manny being manny" image. I gotta see him keep it up for a season before I know if it's a temp thing or not.

As for the money, it's kinda a no brainer... it's a "loan" he's get intrest, plus be on a better team w/ Pedro and/or Nomar. It's not like A-rod who was willing to give up money, Manny would still get this money, just later on.

BCWWF
05-04-2004, 08:56 AM
I don't remember that being stated in the article I read?

VonErich Lives
05-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I don't remember that being stated in the article I read?

Yeah, Manny has made it clear he was talking loan, someone even asked him if he'd be willing to give up money like A-rod offered and Manny laughed and didn't answer.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he agreed to give up money, I mean, if it meant keeping a WS contending team together for 3-5years.

But, we know the MLBPA would never allow it.