PDA

View Full Version : Official FAVE FIVE Thread

Mr. Pierre
01-13-2012, 05:59 PM
List as often as you wish, and feel free to give reasons why.

As of 01/13/12:

1) CM Punk - Still continues to be a "breath of fresh air" to me in the ME scene, and puts on great matches each week.

2) Randy Orton - (even though he was just recently hurt) Pretty much a 1A, but Punk is more fun to watch right now. Always puts on great matches.

3) Dolph Ziggler - On fire recently. The only thing he was missing was decent mic skills, and he's improved greatly with them.

4) Big Show - So underrated and I really enjoyed his feud with Henry.

5) Mark Henry - " " (except not quite underrated).

http://quickwrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fave-five.jpg

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Are these your fave five or Booker Ts?

Mr. Pierre
01-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Mine. I figured I'd pay tribute at the end.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Seems pretty good except for the Big Show. Don't care for him and I don't think I have have. It's just not believable that he doesn't win every match by going up to a guy and Chokeslaming him or now that he has that stupid fucking punch. Just punch the fucking guy!

XCaliber
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
5) Cody Rhodes

4) Dolph Ziggler

3) Randy Orton

2) Wade Barrett

1) CM Punk

Miz was my #1 for ages but his feuds just haven't been must see as of late.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
5. Daniel Bryan
4. Wade Barrett.
3. Cody Rhodes.
2. Dolph Ziggler.
1. CM Punk.

I can't stand Orton as a face plus he's hurt (yay.)

Ultra Mantis
01-13-2012, 06:30 PM
1. Dolph Ziggler
2. Cody Rhodes
3. Daniel Bryan
4. CM Punk
5. Primo

MoFo
01-13-2012, 06:39 PM
5/ Jack Swagger
4/ Mark Henry
3/ Sheamus
2/ Dolph Ziggler
1/ Michael Cole

Supreme Olajuwon
01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
My FAVE FIVE is currently:

Dolph Ziggler
CM Punk
Randy Orton
The Miz
Wade Barrett
Cody Rhodes
R Truth
Zack Ryder
Daniel Bryan
Hunico
Big Show
Sheamus
Mark Henry
anyone I forgot

in no particular order...

Supreme Olajuwon
01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
...SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DaveBrawl
01-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Is this just for WWE guys or is it all encompassing?

Nicky Fives
01-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Currently:

1. CM Punk (every promo makes me think "what will he say next" and his in-ring work is awesome)
2. Dolph Ziggler (just a matter of time.....)
3. Wade Barrett (see above)
4. Mark Henry (the guy has stepped up his game since the days of tearing out his kees and Sexual Chocolate)
5. Daniel Bryan (very interested in how his quasi-heel antics will unfurl)

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
1. Dolph Ziggler
2. Cody Rhodes
3. Daniel Bryan
4. CM Punk
5. Primo

Some Primo love! I respect that. Here's my list:

1. Daniel Bryan

He is absolutely nailing his "heel that acts like a good guy" role on SmackDown!. It's got shades of so many of the greatest heels of all-time, and I really think Bryan is going to stand out with the character -- something that a lot of his detractors believe impossible for him to do, and call the missing link between Daniel Bryan and profit.

2. Dolph Ziggler

This guy is just amazing. He's got it all -- ring skills, promo skills, charisma, "the look." Selling is such a crucial part of telling a story, and Ziggler does that better than anyone on the current roster, in my opinion. He's this close to becoming a "cool heel," too. If I weren't so happy with the current champions in the WWE, I'd suggest that the WWE put the WWE Title on him. Follow that!

3. CM Punk

He's lost a lot of his attraction from The Summer of Punk, but he's still arguably the all-round best in the WWE at the moment. He can wrestle, he can talk, and he makes it seem so easy. He'll be a main eventer with the WWE for years to come, and he'll make them a lot of money in that time -- and from all accounts that was CM Punk's goal when he signed on with the promotion. I actually think the guy would work better as less of a defined babyface, but he's had two great matches on RAW in 2012 so far. The guy is essentially getting his chance to be the workhorse and be WWE Champion at the same time. I think Punk could be very happy with that.

4. Ricardo Rodriguez

Yes, I am serious. I'm a huge fan of this guy. He's confident and talented on the mic, and he's been such an entertaining part of Alberto Del Rio's character. He's so willing to put himself into the line of fire for his boss that it almost becomes honourable. Plus, the dude is only like 25 and can do moves like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YJA78GqjUZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Primo

Really love the guy. I just find him so entertaining. In the ring he can tell a great story, and his facial expressions are hilarious. I hope that he and Epico are holding the WWE Tag Team Titles soon, and that it sort of puts Primo on people's radar again. He could one day be a break-out performer, in my opinion.

#1-norm-fan
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Chris Jericho
4. John Cena
5. Brodus Clay

Gertner
01-13-2012, 08:16 PM
1. Sheamus
2. http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/brodusgyrate_130604.gif
3. Chris Jericho
4. Percy Watson
5. Alberto Del Rio

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Both Brodus Clay and Curt Hawkins would get honourable mentions on my list, as well. Clay for pure entertainment value. Hawkins is the most underrated guy on the WWE roster at the moment, in my opinion. The guy is so good in the ring. It's a shame that for whatever reason, it's just not clicking for him, though.

Emeye
01-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Assuming that this list is supposed to be for WWE Superstars only, and currently active wrestlers (excluding people such as The Rock and Triple H being as they are about the least active you can be and still be considered active on the WWE roster).

5.) The Miz
4.) Alberto Del Rio
3.) Sheamus
2.) CM Punk
1.) Randy Orton

Honorable Mentions - Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Ryder (even though he's becoming stale to me), and Cody Rhodes (see Ryder). Obviously once Jericho begins competing again, he will be added to my list.

StRaNgEr
01-13-2012, 11:54 PM
In no particular order:

-Chris Jericho (We are about to see once again, why he is so unique, and the best in the world at what he does)

-C M Punk (If he would have been used right this last summer, WWE had the next BIG thing right in the palm of their hands, solid matches, solid mic work, bring nothing weak to the table, ever.)

-Dolph Ziggler (Amazing in ring work, and developing decent mic skills, and charisma that are only going to get bigger)

-Austin Aries (GREAT ring work, his wrestling style looks like no one elses)

-Daniel Bryan (See Dolph Ziggler)

And just for the hell of it, my BOTTOM 5, coming ONLY from a pure entertainment standpoint:

-Garrett Bischoff

-Robbie C or Robbie T, whoever that little jersey fuck, Zach Ryder ripoff in TNA is. (Ryder is DAMN NEAR in my fave 5)

-John Cena (Not hating on him because its "cool", dude is talented, and a heel turn, or even a character change could possibly put him in my top 5)

-Santino Marella (Another guy who has talent, but he is a complete waste of air time the way he is used, that is usually my piss break during RAW)

-The Miz (see John Cena and Santino Marella)

Corporate CockSnogger
01-14-2012, 07:34 AM
5) Cody Rhodes
4) Sheamus
3) Wade Barrett
2) Dolph Ziggler
1) John Laurinaitis

Shisen Kopf
01-14-2012, 08:09 AM
5-Santino-he's a funny
4-Of the River
3-Cena
2-R-Truth
1-Big Show

Xero
01-14-2012, 10:25 AM
5. Funkasaurus
4. CM Punk
3. Cody Rhodes
2. Dolph Ziggler
1. Jericho

DaveBrawl
01-14-2012, 10:48 AM
1. James Storm
2. Bobby Roode
3. Chris Jericho
4. CM Punk
5. Cody Rhodes

Wolfpack423
01-14-2012, 11:34 AM
My fave five currently for male superstars:

1. Daniel Bryan-really loving his act right now as he slowly turns heel and he's a great wrestler in a role I never thought I'd see him in as World Heavyweight Champion

2. CM Punk-once again, loving that he is basically the top guy at the moment with the WWE Championship and his feud with Laurinitis is pretty good. It's like a watered down Austin vs. McMahon in a way. I think he is a great wrestler, great promo man, great charismatic presence.

3. Jeff Hardy-I feel hes been on fire since he returned to TNA and hes been having a great feud with Bobby Roode. I know many don't like him but he has always entertained me and I like watching his matches.

4. James Storm-He reminds me of a modern day Magnu T.A. Southern guy that's really over that's also really good in the ring. If Storm was in that era, he would have been pushed really well. Always the better half of Beer Money, however, I always liked both a great deal.

5. Bobby Roode- Love his role as the heel World Champion. He's absolutely amazing and hes a phenomenal in ring competitor. His feuds have been pretty good with Jeff Hardy and James Storm. I also like his new remixed theme.

My fav five currently for female superstars:

1. Mickie James-She has been absolutely on fire during her run in TNA and has put on some great matches and was a great Knockouts Champion. She is my second favorite of all time after Lita and she is gorgeous despite what people may say.

2. Sara Del Rey-Absolutely amazing competitor putting on solid matches for years and this year she received the accolade for Best Wrestler. She has gone toe to toe with Claudio Castagnoli and Mike Quackenbush as well as some great matches with Kana and putting on clinics in Shimmer and WSU all year.

3. Madison Rayne-Always been a big fan of hers, however, really enjoying her role as the Killer Queen and loved her third reign as Knockouts champion and now she is one half of the Knockouts Tag Champs. Love her look, character and she's a great wrestler in her own right. I hope to see her feud with Gail Kim in 2012. I think it would be a good feud.

4 and 5. TnT-Tara and Tessmacher-This is a great act in the Knockouts division that is over and a team that is custom made to be Knockouts Tag Champs. I think Tara still looks amazing and she is still able to have good matches at 40 even with knee problems. Brooke Tessmacher is easily one of the most attractive women in wrestling and she has improved in the ring. She is the only member of Extreme Expose I actually like and I like that she is learning from Tara as their chemistry on screen comes across as natural. I hope to see them get another run with the Knockout tag titles or a singles feud for the Knockouts title. Either way, all the people involved with the main Knockouts feud I like.

Two divas though that have been used the last three weeks in a better role are AJ Lee and Tamina and I hope this continues as AJ and Daniel Bryan could be a heel power couple. If anybody saw Smackdown last night, I think that was a set-up by both and this could finally put AJ in a higher spot in the divas division. I have been enjoying Tamina getting a small push as I've always liked her and its nice to see her on tv. Hope to see more from her as well. A divas title feud with Beth would be awesome leading into one with AJ.