PDA

View Full Version : So Cena is going to beat the Rock at Wrestlemania, right?

Swiss Ultimate
01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Is there really anything else they could do aside from that? Doesn't it take some of the fun knowing who is going to come out on top if this is as sure a thing as people seem to think it is?

I mean, it's sort of like the reason Cena has to remain a babyface because of all sorts of outside factors. How could the WWE book an ending that would keep Cena strong and not piss off the fans?

Eklipse
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
In a swerve, Rikishi comes out and costs Rock the match.

jerichoholicninja
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
When Cena loses to The Rock he embraces the hate...again.

RiX1024
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
The Rock will not job to Cena.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't think it's a "sure thing", and the match should be super fun regardless.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Why not, though? It seems like the right thing to do.

Eklipse
01-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Rock lost his last match as WrestleMania when he teamed with Foley. So yeah, the Rock will job to Cena.

MisterLee
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
To be honest, I've lost interest in this..lack of story line. Supposedly The Rock will be appearing on Raw again in the next month or two so hopefully there will be a build up and from there, we can probably guess what will happen.

Avenger
01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Rock wins and Cena beats the absolute shit out of him, grabs the mic and busts a heel-turnin' freestyle.

Eklipse
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
To be honest, I've lost interest in this..lack of story line. Supposedly The Rock will be appearing on Raw again in the next month or two so hopefully there will be a build up and from there, we can probably guess what will happen.

The Rock costed Cena the WWE title at 'Mania last year. There have been words between the two. What more of a storyline do you expect?

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
There was that whole Survivor Series thing, too.

DrCrawford
01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
it fizzled out. i never thought id say this but i want cena to win. having the rock appear every few months doesnt keep me interested in the story line

MisterLee
01-25-2012, 02:31 PM
that's not what made me lose interest. It's emphasized at Mania..yes..there's a build up..then it does..until Survivor Series...now it's dead and now Cena has a conflict with Kane..which i am enjoying..its just the way its booked I really don't care so much anymore.

Swiss Ultimate
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Which is why I wanted a Super Cena plowing through the roster.

FourFifty
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Just got done with a work out, kinda light headed, and I read this as "Sin Cara is going to beat The Cock at Wrestlemania"

Swiss Ultimate
01-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd pay to see that.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Can't see any way Cena doesn't win at WrestleMania. And he shouldn't. That really doesn't take away from anything though.

JKWJRMON
01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
It's been one big joke! I mean just cause unpresidently te WWE announced a main event to Wrestlemania, a year in advance, there is so much reputation? Shit I'm more interested as to what Jericho will do, and the streak!

Razzamajazz
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM
how dare a storyline last more than 3 months!

Kane Knight
01-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Is there really anything else they could do aside from that? Doesn't it take some of the fun knowing who is going to come out on top if this is as sure a thing as people seem to think it is?

It doesn't have to be that way, though.

Lock Jaw
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin will somehow be involved at Wrestlemania, and he will Stunner Cena when the ref is distracted, costing Cena the match.

Next night on RAW, they make a match Cena vs Austin... FOR WRESTLEMANIA 29!

Rammsteinmad
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Who cares about the outcome? The match itself should be awesome, and the crowd interaction could potentially be better than Rock/Hogan.

Destor
01-25-2012, 04:51 PM
the only way you can have cena lose is via screw job, but after you've built the match for over a year a non finish would piss EVERYONE off so you're in a situation where Cena has to win.

Destor
01-25-2012, 04:52 PM
(and should win no less)

Emperor Smeat
01-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Have a feeling the match is going to be just like Hogan vs The Rock from Mania 18. They will wrestle a good match then have the handshake/hug to end the show as a way to show respect to each other after a tough fought match.

Supposedly The Rock has more dates after Mania so starting a mini-program with CM Punk would be good idea which would end up helping Punk a lot especially cementing his status as a top star in the WWE. Its been building up since last year's Summer of Punk and the MitB match.

Innovator
01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
If Cena loses, only way it would make sense would be to serve at a catalyst for a big ass beat-down of the Rock.

Kane Knight
01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
(and should win no less)

And it really shouldn't bother people like it does

Lock Jaw
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Either way, we shall complain about the outcome. For that is what we do here on the internet.

GD
01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Either way, we shall complain about the outcome. For that is what we do here on the internet.

Post of the year.

Destor
01-25-2012, 05:49 PM
And it really shouldn't bother people like it does
agreed

Kane Knight
01-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Especially since we only like heels and therefore cannot get behind either man.

#1-norm-fan
I do think they need a promo where Cena basically calls Rock a little bitch and tells him he's going to destroy him, etc as opposed to a comedy promo. After Rock basically made Cena look like a pussy at Survivor Series and now the way Cena is headed, that seems to be where they're going with it.

Kane Knight
However, we will champion the loser either way.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Personally, even if Cena winning is obvious, the fact that it's in front of a WrestleMania crowd in Rock's hometown is enough to draw me in. I'm anxious to see the reaction. There may be a riot.

Destor
01-25-2012, 06:14 PM
I do think they need a promo where Cena basically calls Rock a little bitch and tells him he's going to destroy him, etc as opposed to a comedy promo. After Rock basically made Cena look like a pussy at Survivor Series and now the way Cena is headed, that seems to be where they're going with it.
I think, and this is just my gut not really based off any facts, that this embrace the hate thing kane is going will have some impact on the build of the match. not cena going heel but more of his "ruthless aggression" attitude from year past.

BizarroKing
01-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Just got done with a work out, kinda light headed, and I read this as "Sin Cara is going to beat The Cock at Wrestlemania"

NSFW just in case...

http://cdn.wrestlingnewssource.com/i/sincarashirt.jpg

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2012, 07:40 PM
I think, and this is just my gut not really based off any facts, that this embrace the hate thing kane is going will have some impact on the build of the match. not cena going heel but more of his "ruthless aggression" attitude from year past.

Yeah I think it's definitely being done to impact the build to this match. Ever since the Piper's Pit with Cena I think the plan has been to spend the couple months between then and the final stretch to WM when Rock starts appearing regularly just working on Cena's character. Keeping him away from the title and the Kane feud has done wonders for him so far too.

Crimson
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
I think the Wrestlemania match would be a perfect time to turn Cena into full blown heel ala Bret Hart. Have Cena lock in the STF..Rock doesn't tap but passes out..match is over..Cena holds on to it as they keep ringing the bell to a chorus of boos.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Cena should beat The Rock at WrestleMania, and I have a very strong feeling that is what will happen. In my ideal world, I'd have CM Punk still as WWE Champion, going around saying that he and Chris Jericho should be in the main event, since the WWE Championship should be the biggest story; and after he successfully defends against Jericho at Mania, Punk shows up and hits The Rock with a GTS in the main event, allowing Cena to get the win (without knowing he had Punk's assistance).

Extreme Rules' main event could be Punk vs. Cena for the WWE Championship with The Rock as Special Guest Referee.

Mr. JL
01-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I think the Wrestlemania match would be a perfect time to turn Cena into full blown heel ala Bret Hart. Have Cena lock in the STF..Rock doesn't tap but passes out..match is over..Cena holds on to it as they keep ringing the bell to a chorus of boos.

I agree with this.

I think the Kane storyline happening now is the prelude to Cena completely losing it at WrestleMania on The Rock and going SuperHeel.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
lol. Cena will not be turning heel anytime soon.

He's going fine the way he is anyway.

Kane Knight
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM
lol. Cena will not be turning heel anytime soon.

He's going fine the way he is anyway.

Realism? What are you, some kind of freak?

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
I know that its been a while since cenas been the antagonist but.... he's still heel to me dammit!

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Cena will not turn heel. The day will come, and it's probably going to be sooner than we all think (people will be saying "Cena wont turn heel" right up until he actually does, I feel), but it's far more likely Cena gets another babyface run as WWE Champion after beating The Rock than actually turning heel.

XCaliber
01-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Honestly I'm starting to think more and more that Cena is actually going to loose I mean look where the match itself is taking place. Rock is obviously gonna have the better reception seeing as it's is hometown so Cena will get booed regardless why not turn him then? Between the business with Piper's interview and now with Kane tellling him to embrace the hate it could very well reach his breaking point.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Cena won't have a breaking point. He'll Rise Above Hate and sell more t-shirts. He'll be booed when he makes The Rock tap-out in Miami, but he'll lap it up as he celebrates. GONG.

Crimson
01-25-2012, 10:55 PM
There's an obvious change in Cena. The breaking point will be Wrestlemania. Clear as day.

Droford
01-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Heel cena for the next two months loses to the Rock and it teaches him that being a bad guy doesnt pay in the end.

Sort of like, a lesson for the little kids that are his fans.

Majunior
01-26-2012, 01:27 AM
I really don't care how it happens. As long as Cena wins, whether heel or face, it'll be good.

Swiss Ultimate
01-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Cena won't have a breaking point. He'll Rise Above Hate and sell more t-shirts. He'll be booed when he makes The Rock tap-out in Miami, but he'll lap it up as he celebrates. GONG.

The first truly baby-face heel?

Wait, remember when the Rock debuted as a pure as the driven snow baby-face and the fans hated him?

Kane Knight
01-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Heel cena for the next two months loses to the Rock and it teaches him that being a bad guy doesnt pay in the end.

Sort of like, a lesson for the little kids that are his fans.

And knowing is half the battle.

Droford
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
which is funny considering Rock is in GI JOE

Kane Knight
01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
You mean, the reason I used that line in the first place?

Swiss Ultimate
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
It would have fit regardless actually. I read that and had totally forgotten that Dwayne was going to be in that film.

Kane Knight
01-26-2012, 04:27 PM
It would have fit regardless actually. I read that and had totally forgotten that Dwayne was going to be in that film.

Plus, Cena really wants to be in GI JOE, I bet.

Still, it struck me as explaining the joke (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke).

And we already have Noid for that.

Swiss Ultimate
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Cena fits in GI Joe better than Rock.

Kane Knight
01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Cena fits in GI Joe better than Rock.

He is a marine after all.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 04:06 AM
Kane Knight is truly the funniest man in the world. I can't believe I have not noted prior to this just how brilliant he is. Referencing GI Joe in a thread about The Rock? Brilliant! I am in stitches literally every time he posts.

To top it off, he references a film John Cena made. It's a crime that people don't get your sense of humour, KK.

Jordan
01-27-2012, 04:35 AM
To the people claiming the inevitable Cena bad guy turn...

Just remember what happened to Goldberg when he turned heel. It ruined him. Just because you think it's time for him to turn doesn't mean it is. The IWC Savior totally got out popped on Raw when Cena said something to the effect of "stand back and let me show you how it's done" and then called out Johnny Ace. With Punk's continual ratings decline why would WWE put their one "go to" guy for ratings in a bad spot?

I'm not saying heel Cena = ratings drop but over time it is likely to happen at this point. When Cena does go heel (if he ever does, which I'm not convinced he has too) it needs to have a story behind it as eventful as the NWO in WCW. Cena turning heel at this point is too early, build the legend before breaking it.

I love Noid's idea of Rock tapping and the fan's booing until GONG....

Then we have our match for next year. And in that match I would like to see WWE attempt the magic of an Austin/Bret turn, where Cena turns heel by winning, and the way he acts during the match (cheats to win).

That's a possibility in my mind, but i'm still not sold on it 100% because I don't know if it would be more powerful for him to stay true to his character than to sell out.

Dukelorange
01-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Has FACE Rock ever tapped before?

Swiss Ultimate
01-27-2012, 07:24 AM
So Cena fails in rising above said hate, then?

Kane Knight
01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Kane Knight is truly the funniest man in the world. I can't believe I have not noted prior to this just how brilliant he is. Referencing GI Joe in a thread about The Rock? Brilliant! I am in stitches literally every time he posts.

To top it off, he references a film John Cena made. It's a crime that people don't get your sense of humour, KK.

Proof that Noid only gets literal jokes that have been explained outright. :p

Kane Knight
01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Just remember what happened to Goldberg when he turned heel. It ruined him. Just because you think it's time for him to turn doesn't mean it is. The IWC Savior totally got out popped on Raw when Cena said something to the effect of "stand back and let me show you how it's done" and then called out Johnny Ace. With Punk's continual ratings decline why would WWE put their one "go to" guy for ratings in a bad spot?

Because we really really want them to!

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Proof that Noid only gets literal jokes that have been explained outright. :p

Nah, proof that a joke needs to be funny to make me laugh. If I want to laugh at something not funny, I'll pretend to "get" Napoleon Dynamite.

RVDmark
01-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Cena going over Rock at 'Mania is the obvious right choice for business (unless they know Rock will be wrestling again after 'Mania).

But at no point in their fued (yet) has Cena been made to look like he could lace Rocky's boots let alone beat him.

It basically comes down to this...

If Cena wins, I wont riot, I'll just be mildly disappointed, and rationalize that it was right for business. And as a fan who knows enough about the backstage happenings thanks to TPWW and Dave Meltzer, I dont see any other outcome.

If Rocky wins, the mark in me will be elated, I can't stand Cena.

At least when people were chanting "Rocky Sucks" because he was being shoved down the throats of people ala Cena, we hadn't already seen it once and way better too.

In some ways I feel sorry for Cena (the man), he is in a great position in the company, which by most accounts he has worked his ass off for and reaped the rewards.
But the position he is being put in is forcing him to be a copy of The Rock, rather than his own entity.

Cena (the person) > Cena (the character)

DAMN iNATOR
01-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Rock lost his last match as WrestleMania when he teamed with Foley. So yeah, the Rock will job to Cena.

That was different though...the 2 guys in Evolution at the time on the "numbers advantage" side (it was 2-on-3, Rock 'N Sock Connection fighting them), Randy Orton and Batista both really needed a huge way to get over...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FulFTwihjA4" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-KG6OfaMivk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Orton eventually hits the RKO on Foley...fast forward to SummerSlam 2004:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78wdkk-VuXc" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

But with Cena, he's already a well-established staple of the RAW brand, whereas WM XX Randy Orton had only taken one small step toward becoming an established company star by winning the IC title a few months prior at Armageddon '03...I could see their match going either way at Mania. As J.R. once said

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M2QLaDEEHmk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

KaosDarksol
01-30-2012, 02:50 AM
The match was never about who is going to win it's all about the atmosphere and there will be cheers and boos no matter who wins