PDA

View Full Version : Noid's WrestleMania card

Mr. Nerfect
01-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Tell me what you think. My aim was to actually make one that's realistic, features all the top stars in the WWE, and had a ten match limit and at least one notable waste of time "comedy" segment:

The Main Event
John Cena vs. The Rock

-Already confirmed. Cena wins when he makes The Rock tap-out, and then The Undertaker does an entrance to establish Cena vs. Taker as the main event for WrestleMania XXIX.

WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho

-Jericho wins the Royal Rumble and confirms that he'll be facing CM Punk for the WWE Title. The two have the fantastic match people think they will, and Jericho cheats (despite not being a decided heel) and wins the WWE Title -- just to break that curse the Royal Rumble Winners have had recently. But Jericho's reign is short-lived as the Money in the Bank Winner from earlier in the night cashes in and becomes the new WWE Champion.

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton

-Daniel Bryan successfully retains the World Heavyweight Title against Big Show and Mark Henry at the Rumble, and then heads into the Elimination Chamber as World Heavyweight Champion. He wants the night off, but Teddy Long gives him Randy Orton (who comes so close to winning the Rumble, only to be eliminated by Wade Barrett -- who had previously been eliminated by Orton). Wade Barrett wins the Elimination Chamber to decide the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Title, and then makes his presence felt in the WHC match by helping Bryan retain. Bryan vs. Barrett is confirmed, but Orton finds his way into the match, and wins the WHC here on his birthday.

Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

-HBK is appointed the official in The Undertaker and Triple H's third WrestleMania match by Stephanie McMahon, and things seem stacked against The Dead Man. He manages to win with a Tombstone, and Michaels has to count down his best friend's shoulders in a match that means everything to him.

Special Attraction
Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Could be some interesting publicity for the WWE. I think Shaq is a big enough wrestling fan to agree to actually put Big Show over here, although he puts up a great fight. The two could even become buddies and get a token WWE Tag Team Championship reign if Shaq agrees to a few appearances.

Hardcore Match
Mick Foley vs. Dolph Ziggler

-I see John Laurinaitis losing control of RAW very soon, and Mick Foley being given a shot at RAW General Manager. It would flip the dynamic of the authority figure vs. active wrestler if Ziggler were a heel having issues with Foley. The two lock themselves for a match at WrestleMania to "see what Dolph is really made of." Ziggler agrees, but he wants a condition -- if he wins, then Foley steps down as RAW General Manager and Vickie Guerrero gets the position. Ziggler wins, to solidify his rising star, and Foley indeed steps down, as part of his word, and Vickie takes over RAW duties and immediately throws Ziggler into the WWE Title picture -- joining CM Punk, Chris Jericho, John Cena and the Money in the Bank Winner.

Big Red vs. Great White
Kane vs. Sheamus

-Sheamus initially got over as the babyface who stands up to guys no one else wants to. Kane will make the WrestleMania card, and I can't think of too many guys that could tell a good story with him. Sheamus goes over cleanly here and cements himself as a super bad-ass.

WWE Intercontinental Championship and WWE United States Championship
Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Zack Ryder

-Rhodes and Ryder will both be on the WrestleMania card. Rhodes wins here, even if there is a temptation to put the likeable Ryder over. Eve Torres gets a WrestleMania pay-day by looking sexy in Ryder's corner.

Divas Tag Team Match
Pin-Up Strong vs. LayCool

-This seems like a perfect fit. PUS hate Barbie dolls, while LayCool were the ultimate Barbies. They've been gone long enough that Layla & Michelle McCool could get a face pop upon returning. LayCool win here, and Phoenix & Natalya come to words and start brawling -- dismantling Pin-Up Strong before Kharma returns (and every girl is a target).

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio

-If he's not medically cleared, Rey Mysterio could easily be replaced by someone like Ted DiBiase or even Justin Gabriel or Santino Marella. My heart would want to see Christian win this match, but I think the WWE would rather perpetuate a guy that can make the WWE a lot of money in The Miz -- who cashes in later in the evening an re-interjects himself into the WWE Title picture with a second reign. At Extreme Rules, The Miz is forced to defend against Chris Jericho, CM Punk, John Cena and Dolph Ziggler in some sort of gimmick match. It also gives The Miz a 4-0 WrestleMania record, which I think could come into play the following year, when The Miz vows to repeat his MITB win and cash-in the same night again -- vowing to break The Undertaker's streak if John Cena doesn't do it (I feel that Cena will be the WWE Champion heading into that match).

Special Bonus
Brodus Clay, Snoop Dogg, Mike Tyson, William Regal, Santino Marella, Booker T, Hornswoggle, Primo, Epico and the Divas get funky

-A comedy segment (possibly broken up during the evening) where Brodus Clay (winner of the pre-show Battle Royal, by the way) joins Snoop Dogg on-stage with the Divas, with the old Santino/Snoop Dogg rivalry coming into play. Regal does some awesome WrestleMania dancing as well. And Hornswoggle just shows up because he can. Primo and Epico do their little dance bit with Rosa Mendes (getting the Tag Team Champions on the show), and Mike Tyson (celebrity inductee this year perhaps?) dances, gets a snicker from someone, and knocks them out. Could even be David Otunga trying to put a stop to the fun.

Rammsteinmad
01-26-2012, 04:29 AM
The only problem is the two main event having some kinda swerve ending. MITB winner cashing in would be fine, but I wouldn't have Undertaker come out after the Rock/Cena match. I'd rather that match finish and be left there in the ring. I'd also prefer it if Undertaker retired and left the streak at 20-0 (well, he basically is retired anyway). Time to give his Wrestlemania spot to some fresh, new talent.

XL
01-26-2012, 07:14 AM
I think I'd rather see Barrett inthe MITB winner/cash-in on Orton role than as part of a Triple Threat.

XL
01-26-2012, 07:15 AM
But a great card nonetheless.

Nicky Fives
01-26-2012, 08:20 AM
I'd pay money to see it....

Attitude99
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Why is everybody thinking Jericho will face Punk ? I still think it will be Jericho vs Undertaker

GD
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Serious lack of Val Venis for a Noid thread.

Brigstocke
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM
What about Steve Blackman?

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd rather see Sheamus or Orton challenge Henry for the world title since both have good unfinished business with him and Kane vs Ryder. That leaves one extra match for Orton or Sheamus vs Barrett.

Then you can throw Rhodes and Bryan into MITB in place of Henry and Swagger and put Justin Gabriel in if Christian or Mysterio aren't back since he's awesome.

Schlomey
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
none of that is out of the realm of possibility.. Always a pleasure, Noid.

Mr. C
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I’ll take a crack…

John Cena vs. The Rock
WWE Championship: Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
The Undertaker vs. Triple-H
World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
Kane vs. Rey Mysterio
Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust
Money In The Bank: Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger vs. Mark Henry vs. R-Truth vs. Sheamus vs. The Miz vs. Wade Barrett

That would be pretty amazing.

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
DAMN I really wish I could think of a better match for Taker but there's really nothing.

Unless Taker comes back and wins the Rumble and challenges Punk for the title. I don't wanna see Punk lose it to Taker though and I highly doubt Punk would end the streak.

Jordan
01-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I think you are in the right direction with a lot of it, and it would be a great card. However I think there are more surprises that may show up... if I may here is my card I have been thinking they will go for.

- Main Event -
John Cena w/Zack Ryder vs The Rock

Cena is able to stop Kane at Elimination Chamber and to make up for the fact that Ryder is injured he allows him to be his second in the main event match at WM 28, I wonder how this turns out?

- Best In The World, Unification Match -
CM Punk (WWE Champ) vs Chris Jericho (RR Winner) vs Daniel Bryan (WHC)

This match writes itself and makes many people nut in their draws. Who is the best in the world? Jericho say's it's him and he's out to unify the titles once again, while the other two are out to prove their steak in the company's future.

- Streak vs Career -

The Undertaker vs Triple H - Special Reff: Shawn Michaels

This is obvious booking for an epic and dramatic match with twists and turns, is it Taker's last go round? Does HBK hold a grudge for losing his career to the Dead Man? Does Triple H still have what it takes to be the Cerebral Assassin and kill the biggest legend in WWE History?

- Biggest Tag Team Match in History -

The Big Show & Shaq vs Mark Henry & Kane

The Big Show and Shaq resign their differences from Raw a few years ago live on TV with a handshake that is interrupted by none other than the Hall of Pain himself Mr. Mark Henry, who is upset that after defeating Big Show over and over again that he gets all the big shots with the press and big time celebrities. He ends up attacking Shaq, starting a big time press moment for WWE leading to... Big Show and Shaw challenging Mark Henry to a tag match at Wrestlemana with a partner of his choosing. After a few weeks of deliberation he brings out Kane who want's to continue his cycle of hate. Being a former partner of Big Show he know's the hate he is capable of possessing. And it makes him sick to see Big Show smile and wave to the fans, shake Shaq's hand for the camera's knowing deep down inside he is just a bitter Giant for never getting the recognition he feels that he deserves, watching it go to men like John Cena, just like Shaq who has continually be over shadowed and forgotten due to the smaller stars who have stolen the spotlight away from him like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

- Grudge Match -

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton

Alberto re debut's after Elimination Chamber, attacking Randy Orton during a WHC match with Daniel Bryan on Raw. He explains himself as being upset that he was healthy and left off of one of the most exciting and dangerous PPV's WWE offer's, Elimination Chamber. He say's he was left out of gaining a big match at Wrestlemania and that he has no choice now but to prove that he is one of the most exciting and dangerous superstars to ever grace the WWE. He has chosen Randy to be his guinea pig for the world to see the new Alberto Del Rio, the most exciting and dangerous superstar of all time.

- WWE Diva's Six Pack Challenge -

Beth Pheonix (c) vs Nattie vs Eve vs Kelly Kelly vs Rosa Mende's vs Karma

The top contender is in question, when out of nowhere Kharma returns and starts her barrage against the WWE Diva's including the champ once again. This leads to her being inserted into a six pack challenge at WM. It would be good so they could basically make it 5 on one for the majority of the match.

- Grudge Match -

Sheamus vs Wade Barrett

This is a natural feud that progress's through both men wanting to be considered the best European in WWE. They have a history and entered WWE at the same time (roundabout) and the feud writes itself.

- Money In The Bank -

The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston vs Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes vs Mason Ryan vs Christian vs Brodus Clay

- WWE United States Title Match -

Jack Swagger (c) vs R-Truth

This would be a hilarious build and great opening match for WM. I'd hope the Truth would go over here.

Captain of Fun
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Why is everybody thinking Jericho will face Punk ? I still think it will be Jericho vs Undertaker

Because multiple reports are that Triple H will face Taker in a rematch.

XL
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I really want the Tag Titles to be defended on the card this year, even if it's something like a Four Corners as they did at previous Manias or the Battle Royale deal they did at Mania 14.

I wish they were dead set on doing something with the division by attaching storylines to it. It's very nice having Epico and Primo in their matching attire and with a valet but who are they? What do they want? What motivates them?

I'd like to see them use the division to push some young talent and should a handful catch on and show potential as singles stars then so be it, break them from the division.

Unified Tag Team Championship Battle Royal

Colon Cousins
Hawkins & Reks
Curtis & Bateman
McGilicutty & DiBiase
Heath Slater & Husky Harris
The Usos
R-Truth & Kofi (Jamaican Me Crazy :shifty:)
Throw The New Age Outlaws in the "LOD role"

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 02:49 AM
Great card, actually, Fragile X. A pleasure to read that. :y:

I'd like to see the Tag Team Titles get attention, too, but I just can't see it, XL. I love Epico & Primo, and I think they'll do something on the show, but I think they'll complain in a backstage segment with a legend, or something. Could see them getting knocked on the head by Roddy Piper coconuts, to be honest.

El Fangel
01-27-2012, 03:05 AM
Punk vs Jericho vs Bryan would be sick.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 03:09 AM
They seem to be shying away from Bryan being put over as an indy darling, through. More and more he's just a (awesome) chickenshit heel.

XL
01-27-2012, 03:57 AM
I'd like to see the Tag Team Titles get attention, too, but I just can't see it, XL. I love Epico & Primo, and I think they'll do something on the show, but I think they'll complain in a backstage segment with a legend, or something. Could see them getting knocked on the head by Roddy Piper coconuts, to be honest.
I dont think they'll do much/anything with the Tag Titles either, I was suggesting what they could do. Tag Team Battle Royal could be done in less than 10 minutes and would give 10 more guys a WM payoff. More importantly, in order for that match to have any kind of meaning they would have had to build the division.

It's a pipedream really.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 04:00 AM
I dont think they'll do much/anything with the Tag Titles either, I was suggesting what they could do. Tag Team Battle Royal could be done in less than 10 minutes and would give 10 more guys a WM payoff. More importantly, in order for that match to have any kind of meaning they would have had to build the division.

It's a pipedream really.

I agree with you -- I'd love to see it. A simple match the WWE could give just ten minutes and have it turn out a lot of fun is Primo & Epico defending the WWE Tag Team Titles against Kofi Kingston & Justin Gabriel. In that case, you have some other guys step into Money in the Bank to replace Kofi Kingston and/or Gabriel.

Corndad
02-01-2012, 05:21 PM
This could be intresting...

From the Front Page:

WWE creative are contemplating holding a Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania in which all the participants are former world champions. The idea could include Jack Swagger, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry, Christian and Kane, among others.

XL
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Dolph Ziggler (FTW).

Rammsteinmad
02-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Gonna post my card in a bit... been thinking about this at work last night...

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I really want to see a Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania this year. I don't know about the "all former champions" thing -- I feel it's a little unnecessary. I mean, I would not mind it if a lot of them were former World Champions; but I don't think we need all of them to be.

With Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble, I'm actually thinking that the best opponent for him could be The Miz, who would win the WWE Title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. CM Punk would be screwed out of the WWE Title by a pissed off Chris Jericho (who Punk eliminates), setting up a personal match between the two at Mania, while The Miz and Sheamus are left to deal with the business end.

I really want to see Kofi Kingston in Money in the Bank. I think he could steal the match. I'd go with Dolph Ziggler as a winner (technically a former World Heavyweight Champion).

Rammsteinmad
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I kinda see MITB as a stepping stone for midcarders to the main event, so I'm not fully sure on the idea of it being only former champions. WM24 had an awesome line-up, other than Jericho, all the contenders were midcarders who were easily in a position where they could be elevated to the main event and seem legit. If this years is only eligible to former champions... dunno, kinda defeats the object of the match for me.

Either way, I'm still happy if they do it. Gets more guys on the card, and these matches are always fun.

XL
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
My first thought on the "All Former Champs" MITB was that it defeats the purpose of the match - to elevate somebody to the Main Event/World Title. Not behind the concept at all right now.

Fox
02-05-2012, 01:21 AM
I really want to see a Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania this year. I don't know about the "all former champions" thing -- I feel it's a little unnecessary. I mean, I would not mind it if a lot of them were former World Champions; but I don't think we need all of them to be.

With Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble, I'm actually thinking that the best opponent for him could be The Miz, who would win the WWE Title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. CM Punk would be screwed out of the WWE Title by a pissed off Chris Jericho (who Punk eliminates), setting up a personal match between the two at Mania, while The Miz and Sheamus are left to deal with the business end.

I really want to see Kofi Kingston in Money in the Bank. I think he could steal the match. I'd go with Dolph Ziggler as a winner (technically a former World Heavyweight Champion).

I think it needs to be CM Punk vs Chris Jericho with the WWE Championship on the line. For one, it will bring some kind of sense to the weird build-up videos leading to Jericho's return (the "she" referred to in the promos being the WWE Title). It will be a huge match for both men and probably the match of the night, and the WWE Title deserves to go along with the bill. On top of that, CM Punk has had one of the most stunning years in WWE history, going from the guy who makes other guys look good, to arguably the biggest and most cheered face on the WWE roster. His rise should culminate with a big WWE Championship victory at the grandest stage of them all. He deserves it.

Droford
02-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Let Me Book Wrestlemania into the ground!

Wrestlemania 28:

Main Event:
John Cena vs The Rock

WWE Championship
Chris Jericho vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship Fatal Four Way Elimination Style
Wade Barrett vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan

Money In the Bank Former Champions Edition
Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio vs Christian vs the Miz vs the Undertaker

US Title Match
R-Truth vs Jack Swagger

Intercontinental Title Match
Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes

Divas Title
Kharma vs Beth Pheonix

Kane vs Zack Ryder

Tag Team Title Match
?? vs Primo&Epico

Preshow Dark Match
Battle Royal to determine ?? in the title match, last two remaining get the shot.

Rammsteinmad
02-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Undertaker in MITB? :wtf:

Mr. C
02-20-2012, 07:10 PM
John Cena vs. The Rock
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus - World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio, David Otunga, & Jack Swagger vs. Brodus Clay, Dude Love, & Kofi Kingston
Dolph Ziggler vs. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz vs. Wade Barrett - Money In The Bank
Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella - Intercontinental Championship
Kane vs. Zack Ryder

Swiss Ultimate
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Wouldn't mind a MITB match with pinfall eliminations in effect.

Jordan
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
John Cena vs. The Rock
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus - World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio, David Otunga, & Jack Swagger vs. Brodus Clay, Dude Love, & Kofi Kingston
Dolph Ziggler vs. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz vs. Wade Barrett - Money In The Bank
Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella - Intercontinental Championship
Kane vs. Zack Ryder

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/29/129092862269687600.jpg

Mr. C
02-21-2012, 01:35 AM
The card this year is going to be insane.

John Cena vs. The Rock
The Undertaker vs. Triple-H (Hell In A Cell)
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal?
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust?

XL
02-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Looks more like they're building Rhodes v Show.

James Steele
02-21-2012, 04:08 AM
Looks more like they're building Rhodes v Show.

Cody/Ziggler/Otunga/Batista vs Show/Shaq/Goldust/Khali

BOOK IT.

XL
02-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand then give it 2 minutes on the show?

XL
02-21-2012, 04:27 AM
I was thinking that a Team Johnny v Team Teddy match, which is what that 8 man tag looks like to me, might look better as:

Otunga, Henry, Christian, Del Rio vs. Big Show, Santino....

That's as far as I got. The Show/Khali/Goldust/Shaq team doesn't sit great with me, probably cos Khali is involved. Perhaps Drew McIntyre could step up to defend Teddy as a way to get in his good graces/keep his job? Then we need another guy.

Mr. C
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I’d go with this match order:

1. Tag Team Championship Match they appear to be building: 10 minutes

2. Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust: 12 minutes

3. Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal: 5 minutes

4. Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long: 10 minutes

5. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus: 20 minutes

6. Hell In A Cell: 25 minutes

7. Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk: 20-25 minutes

8. John Cena vs. The Rock: 20 minutes

The top three matches have plenty of time to be as good as they can.

Gertner
02-25-2012, 04:21 PM
If I were the WWE I would have Daniel Bryan drop the title this Smackdown to Ted DiBiase and have Sheamus vs DiBiase at Wrestlemania

Then, have Daniel Bryan wrestle Titus O'Neal and with O'Neal going over with the Clash of the Titus in a match before the Pre-Show Battle Royal.

Everybody wins.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
I was thinking that a Team Johnny v Team Teddy match, which is what that 8 man tag looks like to me, might look better as:

Otunga, Henry, Christian, Del Rio vs. Big Show, Santino....

That's as far as I got. The Show/Khali/Goldust/Shaq team doesn't sit great with me, probably cos Khali is involved. Perhaps Drew McIntyre could step up to defend Teddy as a way to get in his good graces/keep his job? Then we need another guy.

I said it in another thread, but I've got the feeling that the teams for the Team Ace vs. Team Teddy match could look like:

Team Road Warriors
Alberto Del Rio
Christian
David Otunga
Drew McIntyre
Mark Henry

Team Doom
The Great Khali
Justin Gabriel
Mason Ryan
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella

Drew McIntyre seems to be having issues with Teddy Long, and it'd be easy to slip him into a role where he supports Long losing power. So that completes Laurinaitis' team.

Teddy obviously has Santino Marella in him, since he's the assistant on SmackDown!, will get a spot on WrestleMania, and has been super-over lately.

The Great Khali will be making a WrestleMania pay-day, and he's best suited to be in a match that hides his weaknesses -- like a massive tag match. If Rey Mysterio is healthy, then he'd make a fine addition to Team Teddy.

I'm sure Rey would like to make Mania, and being in a tag team match means he doesn't have to do too much.

The last spots are the trickiest. Ezekiel Jackson has been associated with Teddy lately, but I get the feeling it is mainly to put David Otunga over as a worthy addition to Team Ace in time for Mania. Apparently the WWE are back hard on Mason Ryan's dick, so I could see him being in the Ezekiel Jackson role of the power dude that is too green to do much, but gets the spot anyway. I'd much rather see it go to Ted DiBiase, Alex Riley or someone like that. Hell, I'd prefer Booker T to be backing up Teddy.

Justin Gabriel is another mid-carder on SmackDown! that they seem to like to use. He made the Elimination Chamber PPV over guys like Ted DiBiase, Alex Riley, Ezekiel Jackson, Mason Ryan and other guys I've mentioned. Gabriel would add an interesting dynamic to the match, as well.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2012, 12:45 AM
How much of WrestleMania is usually devoted to wrestling time? It'd be interesting to know. Getting everyone on the show that needs to be on it, I've got a ten match card. They've done that at Mania before, but last year only featured eight.

The Rock vs. John Cena

WWE Championship

WWE Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Kharma

Hell in a Cell

World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus

Cody Rhodes & Shaquille O'Neal vs. Big Show & Goldust

Randy Orton vs. The Miz

Kane vs. Zack Ryder

Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long
Alberto Del Rio, Christian, David Otunga, Drew McIntyre & Mark Henry vs. Ezekiel Jackson, The Great Khali, Justin Gabriel, Santino Marella & R-Truth

WWE Tag Team Championship
Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger

That's also the order I would do the matches, from bottom-to-top.

Evil Vito
02-26-2012, 11:54 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm curious as to how many matches there will be on the card. The last three years have featured 8, 10, and 9 matches, respectively. WM26 saw matches like Rey/Punk get severely shrunk, and last year the 8 man tag was incredibly short as well because they were strapped for time. I'm expecting Rock/Cena and Taker/HHH to take up nearly 90 minutes between the matches, long video packages, and promos.

I'm not sure we'll see Zack Ryder vs. Kane. It would make sense, but for some reason I just have a hard time seeing that match actually happening at WrestleMania. Instead, I'm guessing that Ryder finally gets his US Title match. As for Kane, Laurinaitis picks him as an injury fill-in for Wade Barrett in the Laurinaitis/Long tag match. Kane's character really wouldn't give a shit about who's in control of the shows, he just wants to hurt as many people as possible. The match would be able to set up his next feud for Extreme Rules and beyond.

And speaking of the tag match, I see it being absolutely loaded it with big names and it being 7 on 7, Bragging Rights-style so that it would get plenty of time. I'm calling that Rey Mysterio appears for Team Long. Rey's apparently been making a push to try and be ready for Mania, and being in a huge tag match would be able to ease him back into the fold rather than making him be in the ring the entire time.

I'll go with an 8 match card, this way ideally nothing gets rushed and they don't find themselves having to bump a match they've promoted off the card altogether. Also, I think my card is realistic in that I don't have any guys appearing on the show that I don't think would get a proper WM payday in real life (sorry Noid, but I just can't see guys like Zeke, Gabriel, or Drew getting onto the card). Drew would make sense...but I feel like there are enough other big names to squeeze on I don't think they'd put Drew in.

---
In no particular order:

The Rock vs. John Cena

<b>WWE Championship</b>
CM Punk (C) vs. Chris Jericho

<b>World Heavyweight Championship</b>
Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Sheamus

<b>Hell in a Cell (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)</b>
Triple H vs. The Undertaker

<b>Divas Championship - Lumberjill Match (to get all the divas a token appearance)</b>
Beth Phoenix (C) vs. Kharma

Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show (possibly involving Shaq and/or Goldust too, so let's give them all a mention here)

<b>WWE United States Championship</b>
Jack Swagger (C) vs. Zack Ryder

<b>Team Laurinatis vs. Team Long</b>
Christian, Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, David Otunga, and Kane vs. Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, The Great Khali, and Mick Foley
NOTE: Wade Barrett appears on commentary as a pro-Laurinaitis supporter so that he can make an appearance on the show

<b>28 Man WM28 Pre-Show Battle Royal</b>
Alex Riley, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Curt Hawkins, Darren Young, Derrick Bateman, Drew McIntyre, Epico, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis, JTG, Justin Gabriel, Mason Ryan, Michael McGillicutty, Percy Watson, Primo, Ted DiBiase, Titus O'Neil, Trent Barreta, Tyler Reks, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, and Yoshi Tatsu</font>

#1-norm-fan
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
How much of WrestleMania is usually devoted to wrestling time? It'd be interesting to know.

I was actually just checking this out. This is just including actual bell to bell wrestling time, not entrances.

WrestleMania XXVII: 1hr 42min 50sec (Keep in mind, Rock had a long promo at the beginning which would normally be another 10 minutes for a match.)

WrestleMania XXVI: 1hr 52min 41sec

WrestleMania XXV: 1hr 52min 13sec

So if you make Rock's "host promo" another match, it's possible that each of the last 3 WrestleManias would have had exactly 1 hour and 52 minutes of in ring action. So that seems like a good guideline to go by.

Evil Vito
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Gonna adjust my card accordingly to reflect recent changes. Obviously the Swagger/Ryder US Title match isn't going to happen now since Swagger lost the belt. Instead, I could see Ryder and Eve going up against each other in a mixed tag match. Trish Stratus could make another random WM appearance as Ryder's partner...and for Eve I'd give her Ziggler as her partner because Ziggler's been Ryder's nemesis for most of the past year.

Swagger replaces Ziggler in the Long/Laurinaitis tag team match. Kane and Orton also are taken out of that and given a separate match.

So that bumps it up to a 9 match card, although frankly I could see the Divas Title match getting scrapped completely because the Divas Title has been given no attention and I'm not sure if Kharma is totally ready.

---

The Rock vs. John Cena

<b>WWE Championship</b>
CM Punk (C) vs. Chris Jericho

<b>World Heavyweight Championship</b>
Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Sheamus

<b>Hell in a Cell (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)</b>
Triple H vs. The Undertaker

<b>Intercontinental Championship</b>
Cody Rhodes (C) vs. Big Show

<b>Divas Championship - Lumberjill Match (to get all the divas a token appearance)</b>
Beth Phoenix (C) vs. Kharma

<b>Mixed Tag Team Match</b>
Zack Ryder and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler and Eve

Randy Orton vs. Kane

<b>Team Laurinatis vs. Team Long</b>
Christian, Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry, The Miz, Jack Swagger, and David Otunga vs. Rey Mysterio, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, The Great Khali, and Mick Foley
NOTE: Wade Barrett appears on commentary as a pro-Laurinaitis supporter so that he can make an appearance on the show

<b>28 Man WM28 Pre-Show Battle Royal</b>
Alex Riley, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Curt Hawkins, Darren Young, Derrick Bateman, Drew McIntyre, Epico, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis, JTG, Justin Gabriel, Mason Ryan, Michael McGillicutty, Percy Watson, Primo, Ted DiBiase, Titus O'Neil, Trent Barreta, Tyler Reks, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, and Yoshi Tatsu</font>

Mr Amazing
03-07-2012, 01:27 AM
the rock vs john cena

hell in the cell match special referee hbk
hhh vs undertaker

wwe championship
chris jericho vs cm punk

world heavyweight championship
sheamus vs daniel bryan

ic championship match
big show vs cody rhodes

divas championship match
natalya vs khama vs beth phenoix

randy orton vs kane

winner takes all 7on 7 tag team elimination match
team launintis : alberto del rio ,christian,mark henry,the miz,dolph ziggler,jack swagger,and david otunga vs team long :rey mysterio,mick foley ,zack ryder, kofi kingston,r truth ,santino ,and sin cara if healthy if not justin gabreil

Mr. C
03-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Here’s what’s happening so far:

John Cena vs. The Rock

Hell In A Cell
Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

Intercontinental Championship
Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes

Looking at the way RAW was makes me think Kofi Kingston might be involved with Theodore Long’s team, which makes me think him and R-Truth will join Team Long, while seeing John Laurinaitis backing up Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger makes me think at least one of them could be part of his team. Here’s what I see:

Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, & Mark Henry vs. Great Khali, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, & Santino Marella

There’s still a couple of spots for Kane vs. Randy Orton and another match.

BRING BACK THE GIMMICK BATTLE ROYAL!

BollywoodSingh
03-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I was hoping they would do something bigger with Ziggler than to just be in the Long vs. Laurinaitis match, but it looks like that's where he'll be. I hope the focus is on him.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I'd really love to see Epico & Primo defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against R-Truth & Kofi Kingston as the WrestleMania opener this year, but I doubt that will happen. It seems likely to me that they're at least thinking about putting Kofi Kingston in the Team Long vs. Team Laurinaitis match.

Mick Foley being in the match is not entirely out of the question, either. It seems like the WWE could insert him in there to boost up the face side a bit. He'd join Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, R-Truth and The Great Khali, I'd imagine. I would love for Drew McIntyre to be in the match, but I doubt he'll make it in. I see Team Ace being Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger & Mark Henry. It'd kind of make sense to have The Miz in there, too, I guess.

#1-norm-fan
03-09-2012, 10:56 PM
That Ziggler-Foley thing it seemed like they were going to build towards kinda petered out. Maybe they bring it to WM after all?

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Here is what I'm thinking will be the final card:

John Cena vs. The Rock

WWE Championship

Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Kharma

Hell in a Cell
Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus

Randy Orton vs. Kane

Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long
Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger & Mark Henry vs. The Great Khali, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio & Santino Marella

Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Big Show

I think that'll be the match order, too. You start with Show knocking Rhodes out and end with Cena making The Rock submit. Each match would be able to get the right amount of time it needs to tell its proper story.