PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry Hurt?

MisterLee
01-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Source: Pwinsider
Mark Henry is believed to have suffered a hyper-extended knee at this past Tuesday’s SmackDown taping. The injury looks to have happened when Henry was throwing a punch and his knee moved forward before he had completely planted his foot during a move. The footage will air on Smackdown tonight, but the finish had to be changed due to the injury. Word is that the original plan was for Daniel Bryan to attack Big Show with a chair after Show had Henry down, with Show making the comeback and chokelsamming Bryan. Following that, Henry would have given Bryan the big splash, leaving Bryan laid out and leaving doubt in the minds of the fans that Bryan might not retain Sunday. Nate Taylor has already watched the Australian version of the show, and had the following to report…
“They clearly call an audible as Henry collapses like he’s been shot in the thigh and rolls outside and they go to commercial, however the finish (count-out) happens off-camera, with Bryan already attacking Show when they resume with Henry presumably already in the back getting treatment.”
Henry has been working hurt for sometime, with a groin injury, and is at this time, expected to work the Rumble.

MisterLee
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
http://mrcurran.pbworks.com/f/1299267653/Mark%20Henry.jpg

Juan
01-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Poor guys been working hurt for like 2 months and they're still gonna make him work the Rumble?

itsmeJD
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
World's Strongest Man has a weak ass body so it seems. Hurt all the damn time...

Vastardikai
01-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Been in the WWE for nearly 20 years. Has been injured for 13 of them.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Mark Henry's been working hurt for a while. Give the dude some time off. They could even make an angle out of it, with "someone" taking out Henry backstage. Bryan could accuse Big Show of taking out Henry like he did his girlfriend. If Show is not hurt, he could work a fantastic one-on-one Steel Cage Match with Bryan.

MisterLee
01-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Mark Henry's been working hurt for a while. Give the dude some time off. They could even make an angle out of it, with "someone" taking out Henry backstage. Bryan could accuse Big Show of taking out Henry like he did his girlfriend. If Show is not hurt, he could work a fantastic one-on-one Steel Cage Match with Bryan.

I concur!

whiteyford
01-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't think anyone wants to take time off this time of year though, he's a cert to be included in the Smackdown chamber match and get a match at 'Mania,including the Rumble thats 3 fairly high profile matches and 3 decent paydays for him. Mysterio was in the same situation the last couple of years with his knees,nobody wants to lose the bigger paydays.

Emperor Smeat
01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Shame for Henry to get hurt again considering he's been great the past year.

Bryan is benefiting the most from this injury since his title reign was originally seen as just a quick thing but now he potentially can hold onto the title a while longer and keep developing his egotistic heel type character.

Verbose Minch
01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Mark Henry's run lately has made me respect him a lot more. Especially if the reports are true that he's working injured this whole time.

Hanso Amore
01-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Ouch, damn. I would love to see him in a Mania Title match 3- or even 4 way.

Hanso Amore
01-28-2012, 03:05 AM
This is the year to push the unconventional...4 way title match.

Show, Henry, Bryan, Orton!!!

Tom Guycott
01-28-2012, 03:16 AM
... and, the pattern repeats.

Asmo
01-28-2012, 08:03 AM
What pattern?

Theo Dious
01-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Poor guys been working hurt for like 2 months and they're still gonna make him work the Rumble?

All the reports indicate that WWE has offered him time off and he's declined. Probably no difference here.

James Diesel
01-28-2012, 08:38 AM
If he does choose to take time off, Show should take his heel spot. It'd be a good swerve and we need the big nasty bastard sometimes

Pintint
01-28-2012, 11:25 AM
No, damn it.
Finally WWE starts doing what I've wanted to see for ages, Mark Henry and Big Show main eventing and Henry has to get injured. :(

RVDmark
01-28-2012, 12:00 PM
World's Strongest Man has a weak ass body so it seems. Hurt all the damn time...

Its simple physics. Wrestling involves taking bumps, and falling.

Drop any object from a height and the heavier it is, the more kinetic energy it has, and that energy is dicipated as the object lands.

Mark Henry is a heavy guy, all that energy has to go somewhere and it appears it likes breaking things, tendons, muscles, bones, etc.

Its a shame, because Mark henry has bored me for 95% of his time in WWF/E and lately I was finally starting to see his entertaining side.

Maybe if he lost a little weight he would be less injury prone?

Anyway he is a big guy, and I have to respect the fact that he could break me with his little finger, and I just spent half a page calling him fat, so I will now apologise profusely and leave.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Never want to see a guy hurt, but the less time he spends in the ring, the easier it is on the remote control buttons wear and tear.

Jordan
01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
This news really makes me sad, WWE and Mark Henry have been working out very well in the past 8 or 9 months. I hope yew get bettewww soon.

steveweiser
01-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Looks like he won't walk out champion then, maybe taken out backstage before the match or maybe Bryan can lock him out of the cage, either way Henry's work has been much better recently than ever before so he should be given a bit of slack have him return when hes ready to be thrown back in as good as ever

Jordan
01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Is there anyone who he hurt other than Kane and Big Show in his title run? I could see somebody taking him out on the way to the ring, setting up a WM match perhaps.

Krimzon7
01-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Brody's should be giggling over him backstage. He should stop and just say 'you steaming my gimmick made me steam this guys gimmick) and we get Ernest the cat miller breaking it DOWN! Call my momma