PDA

View Full Version : GTA 3 and Vice City coming to Playstation 3

Mr. C
01-29-2012, 01:05 AM
The latest Entertainment Software Rating Board listing update has revealed that Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are coming to the Playstation 3. Sony Computer Entertainment is being listed as the publisher for both games, making it extremely likely that they are PS2 Classic re-releases on the Playstation Network.

Grand Theft Auto 3 was first released for the Playstation 3 in North America on October 22, 2001. It received an M (for Mature) rating by the ESRB due to blood, strong language, and violence. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City then followed in October 27, 2002. The sequel got an M (for Mature) rating as a result of contents relating to blood, gore, strong language, strong sexual content, and violence.

It is unknown when Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will be released for the Playstation 3.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/grand-theft-auto-3-and-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-coming-to-playstation-3?CID=examiner_alerts_article

It would be awesome if they recreated Vice City in HD. If it comes out with no improvements, I don’t really see the point in buying it. I already have the games in 480p. Why buy something you already own without improvements in it? I'd love Rockstar if they re-released both GTAs on one Blu-ray. The thing I want Rockstar to do is:

1. 720/1080p HD rebuild
2. Have both GTAs on one disc
3. PS3 Trophies

Tommy Gunn
01-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Yeah I was pretty excited when I saw this news last week but then read about it and found out it's likely a straight port.

Would love to see these games get the HD Classics treatment, but I see no point in re-buying the PS2 version when I have the original discs packed away somewhere.

Kane Knight
01-29-2012, 08:32 AM
It would be awesome if they recreated Vice City in HD. If it comes out with no improvements, I don’t really see the point in buying it. I already have the games in 480p. Why buy something you already own without improvements in it? I'd love Rockstar if they re-released both GTAs on one Blu-ray. The thing I want Rockstar to do is:

1. 720/1080p HD rebuild
2. Have both GTAs on one disc
3. PS3 Trophies
:rofl:

The Rogerer
01-29-2012, 08:43 AM
I think you'll find you have them in 480i. I have them in 576i so get bent.

Destor
01-29-2012, 01:36 PM
they'll get trophies, everything else...no.