PDA

View Full Version : I think Hunico could be a pretty big thing for the WWE

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2012, 11:45 PM
The guy is damn good in the ring and surprisingly decent on the mic. I'm personally not into his current shtick, though. As a heel he is just there, and he's barely audible over his entrance music when he's talking on his way to the ring. I get what they are trying to do with the guy, but as a heel act it's really one-dimensional.

That's why I think post-draft Hunico should turn babyface. His ring style is much better suited to it, and I think that his character would be far more interesting if it were explored with depth. The guy basically created an identity that created a lot of money for people and got cheated out of it, and has worked his entire life to get into a position where he can earn that cash for himself.

Imagine a feud between Alberto Del Rio and Hunico, with Hunico telling Del Rio that he hates rich people like him who treat other Mexicans like dogs. Del Rio could act like he doesn't even want to breathe the same air as Hunico, and could even pay Comacho to betray the guy who helped turn his life around. That would give Comacho some depth, as well. He might be ashamed of his decision to betray Hunico, but in his mind it is justified for the cash and status that comes with hanging with someone who makes people work for him as opposed to working for people.

I think that would be a pretty hot SmackDown! feud over the post-Mania months.

Frank Drebin
02-26-2012, 12:05 AM
I too have liked Hunico in the limited quantities I have seen. I actually enjoyed his series of matches with Ted Dibiasi on Smackdown, even though some seem to have crapped on them here on the boards. You're right about the gimmick. It just reminds me of Konnan with a bike ("Oil of Ole!" -Nash). I would like to see him involved in a longer term feud to see if he can get over properly. Anyone can get booed by waving a foreign flag.

#1-norm-fan
02-26-2012, 12:12 AM
They kept the wrong Sin Cara, dammit.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Tyson Kidd vs. Hunico would be an amazing Superstars match.

KaraBoo
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
I like Hunico. I wish they would have gave him the Sin Cara mask and said "You worked this better now run with it".

St. Jimmy
02-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Sin Cara is going to revolutionize the WWE.

GD
02-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Hunico is pretty decent in the ring. He needs to go to a dentist.