PDA

View Full Version : Do you pre-order games?

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I think I only pre-ordered GTA 4.

But do you pre-order games? I'm working on a theory.

Ultra Mantis
02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I only tend to pre-order a game if I've been anxiously waiting ages for it or it's a special edition, otherwise I just wait it out until they drop in price. The only game I've pre-ordered this gen is Catherine.

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2012, 09:47 AM
I've seen lots of people complain about the same day dlc content from Mass Effect 3and threatening to cancel their pre-order. It is my theory that people pre-ordering in such huge quantities gives publishers the balls to make first day dlc that you have to pay for.

Cool King
02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
I only really pre-order WWE games.

whiteyford
02-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I preorder for limited editions or to make sure i get it on day of release, but 9 times out of 10 i buy them online and just order them as they get listed for preorder out of habit.

Vietnamese Crippler
02-26-2012, 10:41 AM
I've only ever pre-ordered two games: Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition.

LoZ because it had the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest gift.

GT5 because I really wanted the Collector's Edition stuff.

Pintint
02-26-2012, 10:56 AM
No.
If I really want a game, I buy it at launch. Never had a problem where game was "sold out".

RoXer
02-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Lately I've been pre-ordering new games off of newegg for $47 and flipping them after I'm done with it for $50 worth of points on Goozex.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I've seen lots of people complain about the same day dlc content from Mass Effect 3and threatening to cancel their pre-order. It is my theory that people pre-ordering in such huge quantities gives publishers the balls to make first day dlc that you have to pay for.

Your theory is retarded, and so are you.

Anyway, I pre-order if there's good bonuses.

Bitching about the Mass Effect content is similarly retarded, by the way.

Indifferent Clox
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I think bitching about the mass effect stuff is rather pointless. But I wouldn't say its without warrant.

I do preorder some games like skyrim, Zelda, grand 5 Batman, etc. Big huge games. I won't be preordering me3 because I'm not finished with 2. I started over because I failed to stop the assasinatuon attempt by dudes son.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I think bitching about the mass effect stuff is rather pointless. But I wouldn't say its without warrant.

It is without warrant. People are bitching they have to pay a premium for what was always earmarked as premium content. I mean, people pre-ordering the Collector's Edition knew they were getting something to this effect (new character and stuff), and even some of them are canceling in protest like they didn't know this from the time they ordered it.

Further, people are pissed that this limited edition content can actually be purchased by people who didn't get the limited edition version. They're calling it a cash grab and an outrage and accuse them of deliberately withholding content and it's all fucking stupid.

Further, anyone who's cool with limited edition releases for other media and bitching about this is a fucking hypocrite. I bet that includes you, Clox, since I know you think this is not unwarranted but eat up bonus content from musicians.

DAMN iNATOR
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Only if I think it will be worth it to have on day one.

Emperor Smeat
02-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Only for 2-3 games and those were within a week or two from its release date.

I think Muramasa on the Wii was the only one I pre-ordered knowing there wouldn't be a lot of copies available so that was to make sure the place ordered a copy for me.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Prior to the mainstay that is the pre-order bonus, I think the only time I pre-ordered a game was Burnout 3, and mostly because at that point the local gamestop was frequently understocked on new titles.

Oh, how I loved that game.

Destor
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
i buy from a "mom and pop" gaming store so i preorder everything basically to make sure my copy is gonna be there.

Razzamajazz
02-26-2012, 05:19 PM
i haven't preoredered a game in 10 years

Indifferent Clox
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Actually OK I agree with you. I think its less than intelligent to get pissed about. However it isn't tottally unwarranted I.e. why they put out doc the day of as opposed to ten weeks later or so. Because that shoes that they could have out it in the game.

Its less than intelligent however for the reasons you stated, its premium content.
So dude we agree I just fontthink its so black and white.

Shaved Monkey
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I've never pre-ordered a game.

I don't really care about the extras that much.

G
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I only pre-order collector's editions and ones with a $20 credit. I only buy CoD and maybe 2 more titles a year.

Funky Fly
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
I preorder for big releases to make sure I get a copy (had to wait a week for Red Dead Redemption because they sold out across town). I'll also do it for limited editions and good bonuses.

Savio
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
i haven't preoredered a game in 10 years
Was that Duke Nukem forever?
==============================
I pre-ordered once from BlockBuster because they gave me a deal for 30 days of free rentals and used that to get wii games on my hard-drive.

Shaved Monkey
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I preorder for big releases to make sure I get a copy (had to wait a week for Red Dead Redemption because they sold out across town). I'll also do it for limited editions and good bonuses.

I've never had this problem. Though that might be because I'm a PC gamer and don't own any consoles.

I have to admit though that I considered it for Diablo 3 but fuck it, if I have to wait then I wait.

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
MW3

And in the future, GTA V.

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Actually OK I agree with you. I think its less than intelligent to get pissed about. However it isn't tottally unwarranted I.e. why they put out doc the day of as opposed to ten weeks later or so. Because that shoes that they could have out it in the game.

Its less than intelligent however for the reasons you stated, its premium content.

What the fuck. I'm typing on a phone but I can at least be bothered to check that I'm coherent.

Indifferent Clox
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
OMG all of those typos are one letter away from what I meant. Jeez. If you can't infer from that what I meant you might be a little dumb.

XCaliber
02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Have on several occasions but mostly for the WWE games.

CSL
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
only for the bonus stuff that I want, only games I've pre-ordered over the last 2-3 years have been the UFC games and L.A Noire

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 07:38 PM

OMG all of those typos are one letter away from what I meant. Jeez. If you can't infer from that what I meant you might be a little dumb.

You were saying.

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I never got cool pre-order stuff :(

James Steele
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I pre-order NCAA Football and WWE's main title every year.

Captain of Fun
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Never have, never will.

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
I am gunshy about games I really want to play. SvR 2006 was out for 17 days before I got my hands on a copy. So I preorder now.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM

I said it's unwarranted. You agree. You then say it's not unwarranted.

Oi.

But let's move on to your newer (though equally stupid) claim.

Day 1 DLC does not "shoe" that they could have put it on disc. There is a roughly 3 month period during which the game has been finalised, but is not on shelves. It is perfectly possible to release Day 1 DLC without withholding content, my semi-literate faux-intellectual chum. This is what Bioware claimed they did.

Regardless, there is no warrant to that because even if it could have been put on disc, then what? Since this was designed to be Collector's Edition content, people would be locked out if they didn't buy the CE. You currently have the option to get the premium content even if you didn't reserve the premium version. Why is this a problem again? Why would putting it on disc make it any better?

Yes, clearly Fangerl is to blame that your posts are too shitty for even you to bother reading them.

Indifferent Clox
02-26-2012, 07:46 PM
You were saying.

Are you retarded?

"It sho'w's that they could 'P'ut that in the game"?????

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
You're missing the point, Clox. Shit, if Fangerl's too deep for you, I wonder why you think you can match wits with Cooler Tom Schuler.

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I can see the point of people being upset about it being released on the same day as it turns a $60 purchase into a $75 one. Perhaps it is a cash grab and most gamers I think would appreciate their money being spent over time for additional content instead of something they can purchase for the game on the very day it is released and theoretically could/should have been included with the game.

This would be akin to IW releasing a map pack for a Modern Warfare game the day it launches. The fanboy response would be unbearable.

That being said, it doesn't mean much as the people who would have bought it two weeks later will likely in both cases still purchase it at launch.

Indifferent Clox
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
There's not a lot deep about grammar on a wrestling message board

CSL
02-26-2012, 08:04 PM
well there are clearly dumber people than even you here and they all manage to make intelligible posts when it comes to grammar. You can cry all you want about "still being able to understand it" but the fact is it looks like an 8 year old makes your posts and given your history of generally saying some dumb fucking stuff anyway and that it literally takes a few seconds to fix, you're going to rightly get shit for it

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Its not even the typos. Those can happen without notice or because you didn't realize you spelt it incorrectly. What I'm taming about is wen sentence you write suchas this one.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I can see the point of people being upset about it being released on the same day as it turns a $60 purchase into a $75 one. Perhaps it is a cash grab and most gamers I think would appreciate their money being spent over time for additional content instead of something they can purchase for the game on the very day it is released and theoretically could/should have been included with the game.

This would be akin to IW releasing a map pack for a Modern Warfare game the day it launches. The fanboy response would be unbearable.

That being said, it doesn't mean much as the people who would have bought it two weeks later will likely in both cases still purchase it at launch.

There is literally nothing you said there I haven't already tackled.

In fact, a few dozen more typos and you could have passed for Clox.

Nicky Fives
02-26-2012, 09:57 PM
I have never pre-ordered a game.....

El Fangel
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
There is literally nothing you said there I haven't already tackled.

In fact, a few dozen more typos and you could have passed for Clox.

Pardon me for voicing an opinion similar to your own. How dare someone come to the same conclusion as a superior being such as yourself.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Pardon me for voicing an opinion similar to your own. How dare someone come to the same conclusion as a superior being such as yourself.

No, trog, you're voicing an opinion similar to Clox's, points which have already largely been dismissed.

Which kind of makes that "superior being" comment kind of funny. Is Clox your superior now? :p

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Clox agrees with me...i should re-think my position.

Kane Knight
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Clox agrees with me...i should re-think my position.

Yeah, you really should.

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 12:28 AM
No, trog, you're voicing an opinion similar to Clox's, points which have already largely been dismissed.

Which kind of makes that "superior being" comment kind of funny. Is Clox your superior now? :p

No, addlepate. Clox agreed with what you said and then went on to give his opinion as the vice versa.

I gave my opinions, which I'm sure you notice but tend to ignore anything that doesn't fit whatever argument you seem to be making so perhaps I should clarify and make it a point to bring them forth so we can't dismiss them again.

Clox' main point was it could have been included and should have.
Mine was not that it should have, while admitting it could have. That doesn't mean it needed to be nor is that what I said.

My issue is that they jacked the price up at launch, thus costing the consumer more up front. Again the point is moot as they would have paid for it later on down the line anyway.

That is the only thing I agree with them being annoyed with.

Now go ahead, call me adorable. Do your thing where you feel the need to validate yourself of having superior intellect by ignoring everything I just said or the parts that won't fit your response. No one really expects less.

Kane Knight
02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
No, addlepate. Clox agreed with what you said and then went on to give his opinion as the vice versa.

I gave my opinions, which I'm sure you notice but tend to ignore anything that doesn't fit whatever argument you seem to be making so perhaps I should clarify and make it a point to bring them forth so we can't dismiss them again.

Clox' main point was it could have been included and should have.
Mine was not that it should have, while admitting it could have. That doesn't mean it needed to be nor is that what I said.

My issue is that they jacked the price up at launch, thus costing the consumer more up front. Again the point is moot as they would have paid for it later on down the line anyway.

That is the only thing I agree with them being annoyed with.

Now go ahead, call me adorable. Do your thing where you feel the need to validate yourself of having superior intellect by ignoring everything I just said or the parts that won't fit your response. No one really expects less.

Sascha had a headache last night?

Bitch, it wasn't about his "main point." He said a lot of things, many of which you also said. The bulk of which are easily refuted and dismissed.

But please, rage on me because you're too simple to even follow Clox posts.

Ermaximus
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM

No, most companies make day 1 DLC just to help bolster sales to those fans loyal to the series and willing to pay the extra little bit for more game content. While I don't agree that day 1 DLC is a good practice, I've just had enough of listening to whiny dipshits bitching and moaning about publishers doing this. My take, if you don't like it, then don't buy the game or go create your own.

Also, yes I preorder games.

Iop
02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
No I dont. I dont buy DLC, I only judge games based on whats included without DLC crap. I am not gonna get ripped off by paying for features u took out of your game to sell as DLC later u faggots.

G
02-27-2012, 12:43 PM
yeah u faggots

The Jayman
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
faggots u

Kane Knight
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
yeah u faggots

I think wii have a name for Nintendo's new gen console fanboys.

Iop
02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I think wii have a name for Nintendo's new gen console fanboys.

:rofl:

Eklipse
02-28-2012, 11:24 AM
I've pre-ordered a few...
Halo 2, Halo 3, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC version), WoW: WotLK, CoD: MW3, and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

LoDownM
02-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Last time I pre-ordered a game, the signs at Gamestop still said "Reserve your copy of "X game title" today" instead of pre-order.