PDA

View Full Version : Biggest disappointment

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 12:37 AM
What game or games excited you, were hyped beyond belief only to leave you disappointed and wondering what happened.

For me, Jet Li Rise to Honor, The commercials had it as a fun looking fighting game and totally badass. It felt tedious and jerky at times and I remember dying several times pretty unfairly. Never finished it.

Another that springs to mind is Super Mario World 2,.perhaps nothing would match the first so this might be unfair but it felt weird playing as Yoshi after the original.

FFX-2, I haven't played any since.

Lastly, Gears of War. I thought this would be far better then Halo and be more fun to play. It only ever came across as an average shooter to me.

Destor
02-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Skyrim easily

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 12:59 AM
Care to elaborate? If you are due to the story I can see it. Just wondering if anything else.

Destor
02-27-2012, 01:15 AM
main story was poor
the ps3 port was completely broken for anything over 40hrs
endless fetch quests with no personality life or real variance
non stop hack and slash violence missions (a mjor departure for the franchise that used to boast both a large variety and some very quirky missions)
several guilds are still largely broken no matter the platform
the fighters guild is a also very terrible by any gaming standard
...the mages guild is pretty shit too
broken crafting systems
broken mage dam output
removal of spell crafting (a staple of the franchise)
being held by the hand through the enitre game (basically follow the glowing arrow spawning out of your feet till the mission solves itself [again huge departure from the franchise oblvion was bad about it but that took it to another level with skyim to the point i dont see why the Bandit leader you're supposed to go kill doesnt just start traveling across the world to get you and then kills himself once he's in eye sight. it would cut out a lot of fluff.])
like oblivion no rare items are worth it due to poor (see: awful) item scaling (and scaling rare items to begin with)
like oblivion you're punished for leveling up especially at high levels when you've maxed your dam outputs but the NPCs get to keep raising past cap in both dam and hp bassically killing the game out right unless you break the game with the awful crafting systems
did i mention how the was less than no reward for the civil war arc? rediculous
the removal of every skill that defines kajiit
still annoyed about no attributes but its the trend these days
for a game that is centered around stealing bioshocks gameplay and pushing nothing but combat you think they would have had some depth to it...sadly after 10hours you've seen it all
stealth is broken
especially with a bow
i could keep going but im bored

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Perhaps this is a bigger issue with you then myself as it was my first Elder Scroll game and I don't have a reference point from which to compare.

I have to say, what bothered me the most was the lack of variety of monsters in the wild. It seemed the only thing that truly was a threat was giants. Even the dragons were unusually easy with the difficulty at maximum.

The story was so disappointing and anticlimatic. When I killed Alduin I was like "That seriously can't be the end, can it"

I checked my gamerscore and saved. Haven't played it since.

Captain of Fun
02-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Mercenaries 2

Captain of Fun
02-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Also, FF VIII.

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Also, FF VIII.

This was the first FF I ever played,the gameplay was fun but the story was something that Meyer would like.

Captain of Fun
02-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Characters were bland and unlikable as well. I was coming off of FF VII, which was my first rpg since the first Dragon Warrior. VII's characters may be simple archetypes, but they are far more endearing than the shitheads you get to choose from in VIII.

CSL
02-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Formula 1 98

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 03:17 AM
Characters were bland and unlikable as well. I was coming off of FF VII, which was my first rpg since the first Dragon Warrior. VII's characters may be simple archetypes, but they are far more endearing than the shitheads you get to choose from in VIII.

Fairly certain the only character I liked was Chickenwuss.

Awaits KK calling you and I fanboys for liking FF7.

Captain of Fun
02-27-2012, 03:21 AM
Fairly certain the only character I liked was Chickenwuss.

Awaits KK calling you and I fanboys for liking FF7.

Perish the thought.

But seriously, I was like 14, and it was only my second rpg, with the first being an archaic, clunky NES game. What's your excuse?

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Bitch, please. My first RPG WAS FF8.

Captain of Fun
02-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Have you ever played Dragon Warrior? You have to go into the menu, and select an option just to walk down stairs.

El Fangel
02-27-2012, 04:06 AM
How about we agree they were each awful first RPG's and leave it at that.

LoDownM
02-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Recently, Homefront, still haven't beat it.

All time, I don't know, have to think about it. Off the top of my head I'd have to say FF10. That's mostly because of the lack of a world map and the sphere leveling shit tho. And blitzball.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-27-2012, 04:17 AM
My biggest dissapointment was how hard the final mission for China was in Command and Conquer Generals. No matter how quickly I took out (or captured) the first GLA base the other one would whoop my ass.

LoDownM
02-27-2012, 04:28 AM
My biggest dissapointment was how hard the final mission for China was in Command and Conquer Generals. No matter how quickly I took out (or captured) the first GLA base the other one would whoop my ass.

Don't remember it being that hard, then again it was awhile ago, and since I always play "defense first" in RTS games, I probably had 4 rows of upgraded gattling cannons.

Fryza
02-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Over-all, Final Fantasy 7.

Recently, X-Men Destiny.

Emperor Smeat
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
God of War 1 on the PS2, Gear of War 1 on the Xbox 360, The Conduit on the Wii, and Castlevania on the N64. Probably have more if I really thought about games that ended up as huge dissapointments but those are the ones that pop up right now.

Either got annoyed by the controls or certain moments that ended up killing my interest in the games.

Halo 3 is another and its all because of that one level along with the constant screen flickering every time Gravemind would speak. It was pretty neat at first but overused way too much to the point I kept getting headaches during his level.

Kane Knight
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Over-all, Final Fantasy 7.

Recently, X-Men Destiny.

Awaits Fangerl spazzing out for you not liking FF7.

DAMN iNATOR
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
main story was poor
the ps3 port was completely broken for anything over 40hrs
endless fetch quests with no personality life or real variance
non stop hack and slash violence missions (a mjor departure for the franchise that used to boast both a large variety and some very quirky missions)
several guilds are still largely broken no matter the platform
the fighters guild is a also very terrible by any gaming standard
...the mages guild is pretty shit too
broken crafting systems
broken mage dam output
removal of spell crafting (a staple of the franchise)
being held by the hand through the enitre game (basically follow the glowing arrow spawning out of your feet till the mission solves itself [again huge departure from the franchise oblvion was bad about it but that took it to another level with skyim to the point i dont see why the Bandit leader you're supposed to go kill doesnt just start traveling across the world to get you and then kills himself once he's in eye sight. it would cut out a lot of fluff.])
like oblivion no rare items are worth it due to poor (see: awful) item scaling (and scaling rare items to begin with)
like oblivion you're punished for leveling up especially at high levels when you've maxed your dam outputs but the NPCs get to keep raising past cap in both dam and hp bassically killing the game out right unless you break the game with the awful crafting systems
did i mention how the was less than no reward for the civil war arc? rediculous
the removal of every skill that defines kajiit
still annoyed about no attributes but its the trend these days
for a game that is centered around stealing bioshocks gameplay and pushing nothing but combat you think they would have had some depth to it...sadly after 10hours you've seen it all
stealth is broken
especially with a bow
i could keep going but im bored

@ #5 and #6 on your list it's the Companions and the College of Winterhold; those two don't go by their old names anymore for whatever reason. Not a criticism, just thought I'd point that out.

Destor
02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
@ #5 and #6 on your list it's the Companions and the College of Winterhold; those two don't go by their old names anymore for whatever reason. Not a criticism, just thought I'd point that out.

:roll:

Pintint
02-27-2012, 08:37 PM
So far, Brink. Splash Damage's previous games were extremely addicting (Quake Wars & Wolf : Enemy Territory), but Brink was really boring and lifeless...

Savio
02-27-2012, 10:40 PM
For some reason I thought "Backyard Wrestling" would be awesome.......:nono:

DAMN iNATOR
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I'd like to forget the major misstep I made pre-ordering Duke Nukem Forever last year...

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I never "got" the hype for Duke Nukem Forever. It was blatantly obvious that it was going to be mediocre from a gameplay standpoint. I understand the whole nostalgia thing. Afterall, I grew up around the time DN was at it's peak, but 60 dollars is quite a bit to pay for a little bit of nostalgia.

Kane Knight
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I never "got" the hype for Duke Nukem Forever. It was blatantly obvious that it was going to be mediocre from a gameplay standpoint. I understand the whole nostalgia thing. Afterall, I grew up around the time DN was at it's peak, but 60 dollars is quite a bit to pay for a little bit of nostalgia.

It's not just nostalgia, but wishful thinking. DNF was going to reinvent the genre. Turn it on its ear. Save us from COD and Battlefield.

DAMN iNATOR
02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

And I was a victim of the hype once it was finally known that it would actually be released. And the worst part? I opted for the "Balls of Steel" edition which ended up costing me another not-well spent $40+.:nono: More like "Balls of FAIL".

Kane Knight
02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
That describes most of the things you do, Damn nig gator.

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
"Balls of FAIL" he says.

Fryza
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Duke Nukem Forever wasn't a disappointment for me on the two reasons that I had never played a Duke Nukem game before, and I snagged a copy of the game for five bucks.

It's hard for me to be disappointed at five dollar games most of the time.

Hanso Amore
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM
TOO HUMAN

Fucking with my love of all things Norse. Was horrible.

the New Medal of Honor was horrible.

FF13 was hot garbage. so was FF12. And FF11...

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Too Human was an okay game. It fell victim to being overhyped. Especially considering it took like 30 years to bring out.

Crazy Nick
03-02-2012, 12:06 AM
WrestleMania 21 for the XBOX, I thought that this just might be the only good wrestling game on the original XBOX, man was I disappointed. The graphics were great but the gameplay was extremely broken.

Raven Reaper
03-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Recently, Homefront, still haven't beat it.

Haha. I finished that game on normal mode.. Even on that diffculty level, I still died from many machine gun turret shots.. Fucking korean assholes. The intro is just realistic..

My disappointment:

1. Super Street Fighter IV on Xbox. the controls and fatal power ups are hard to figure it out. I tried pressing all sorts of buttons. Can't seem to pull it off.

2. Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Limited characters and stages.

3. Dead Island. ONLY melee weapons I can find throughout the game and pointless quests like looking for a ring and champagne for the self centered survivors. I can never find shotguns on this game too..

XCaliber
03-02-2012, 10:13 AM
WrestleMania 21 for the XBOX, I thought that this just might be the only good wrestling game on the original XBOX, man was I disappointed. The graphics were great but the gameplay was extremely broken.

I'm gonna take back my original comment and will agree with this instead this game was so bad somehow I managed to forget about it.

Fryza
03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Too Human was an okay game. It fell victim to being overhyped. Especially considering it took like 30 years to bring out.

I felt the biggest problem was the melee controls. Using the stick to attack (like Geometry Wars) was unneeded.

Several times I'd see an enemy, flick the stick, and vigorously attack the wall for something it didn't do.

Kane Knight
03-02-2012, 04:20 PM
I felt the biggest problem was the melee controls. Using the stick to attack (like Geometry Wars) was unneeded.

Several times I'd see an enemy, flick the stick, and vigorously attack the wall for something it didn't do.

Yeah. Don't take away camera controls!

Also, right stick to shoot works fine in games where you don't need to turn the camera around. Action games usually need that.

Testicle
03-02-2012, 05:49 PM
OMFG, the Medal of Honor after Frontline.

Savio
03-03-2012, 11:53 AM
MW3 was pretty disappointing

Kane Knight
03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
MW3 was pretty disappointing

Especially if You're Fangerl.

Ultra Mantis
03-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Final Fantasy XII easily. My expectations for FFXIII were so low that I didn't actually think it was anywhere near that bad.

KaosDarksol
03-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Marvel vs capcom 3 was the biggest dissapointment ever. How was megaman not put into that game?!!!

Ace
03-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Hugely disappointed with MGS2. Now I can go back and play it, and appreciate it more. But considering how awesome MGS was, and how big the hype was, it just didn't hit the mark with me at all.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 08:26 AM
MGS3 was the "We are really really sorry, here have a masterpiece"

Ace
03-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Indeed, I may just get the HD collection just to play MGS3 again. The camouflage and injury systems were very cool.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 10:16 AM
The story was perfect. I struggle to find a flaw with the game at all.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Isn'tthat pretty much what you say about every game?

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
You really struggle to be a jackass when Droford isn't online yet, don't you.

Ace
03-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Much like the original MGS.

I really wish they'd put Twin Snakes on the HD Collection, probably would have bought it on release.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
You really struggle to be a jackass when Droford isn't online yet, don't you.

If by "be a jackass," you mean point out obvious things about you, then yes.

I suppose truth hurts, though. You also claimed GVAIV was without flaw, conceded flaws when confronted, then went back to acting as though it had no flaw.

You fall in love with games to the point of fanaticism. then you say stupid shit, like accusing me of calling you a fanboy just for liking Final Fantasy VII, when liking it is the least fanatical thing you've done.

The problem here seems to be more that you don't like to be called on your stupid shit than anything I actually do. The solution, much like the aforementioned Droford, would be for you to simply stop saying stupid shit. But like Droford, it's that everyone who does this is out to get you. Like ECG, who has accurately nailed down your gaming patterns. What a douche, predicting behaviour you exhibit for almost every major title.

Maybe you should see yourself as less a victim and more a Droford. That's the real reason pick on you. It's hardly like I'm the only one, or even close to.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Much like the original MGS.

Oh come on. My brother's a huge Kojima fanboy, and even he laughs at some of the shit from the first MGS.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 11:35 AM
If by "be a jackass," you mean point out obvious things about you, then yes.

I suppose truth hurts, though. You also claimed GVAIV was without flaw, conceded flaws when confronted, then went back to acting as though it had no flaw.

You fall in love with games to the point of fanaticism. then you say stupid shit, like accusing me of calling you a fanboy just for liking Final Fantasy VII, when liking it is the least fanatical thing you've done.

The problem here seems to be more that you don't like to be called on your stupid shit than anything I actually do. The solution, much like the aforementioned Droford, would be for you to simply stop saying stupid shit. But like Droford, it's that everyone who does this is out to get you. Like ECG, who has accurately nailed down your gaming patterns. What a douche, predicting behaviour you exhibit for almost every major title.

Maybe you should see yourself as less a victim and more a Droford. That's the real reason pick on you. It's hardly like I'm the only one, or even close to.

:kiss:

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Yup. Got you pissed with that one.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Yup. Got you pissed with that one.

Are you still going with this? I got bored with it after I got home from a slow day at work.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
You clearly didn't, since you're still commenting.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Indeed, I may just get the HD collection just to play MGS3 again. The camouflage and injury systems were very cool.

From what I know MGS3: Subsistence adds that little extra that somehow makes it even better. Looking into finding a copy now.

Captain of Fun
03-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Dunno. The ending of MGS 3 was very well done, and probably one of the best endings in a video game, period. But it's still just the ending. The story as a whole is still pretty convoluted.

Ace
03-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Oh come on. My brother's a huge Kojima fanboy, and even he laughs at some of the shit from the first MGS.

All down to individual perception really. It was probably the first game I really got invested into the story. It kept me going forward, and I enjoyed all of it, and when I had a PS3 a couple of years ago, I bought it again to play through a few times. Did the same with Twin Snakes when I had a Wii.

Not saying it was completely flawless, but then nothing is. It all depends on the gamer really.

Lets face it, millions of people play COD, and I think it's steaming horse crap for the most part.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Not saying it was completely flawless

No, just agreeing with a comment that the story was perfect and Fangerl struggled to find flaws with the game. Well, more specifically, you likened his praise of one game to another. If you didn't think it merited similar compliments, you probably shouldn't have likened.

Which, to be fair, Fangerl struggles to find flaws in anything above second grade. PLot holes to him are probably just more "I don't get it."

Lets face it, millions of people play COD, and I think it's steaming horse crap for the most part.

Yes, but how many of them herald it as a great story? How many even play the story? Nobody's, to my knowledge, calling it anything of the sort. Well, except Fangerl within a week of release, followed by disc snapping and bad mouthing.

...And then purchase again in some instances.

Yes, millions of people play COD. How many of them heap such praise on it as your comparison would indicate.

Hell, COD is a primarily multiplayer franchise. Its focus is largely multiplayer. and both devs get death threats over broken elements of its focus. Since we're comparing the two, MGS is a primarily story-driven franchise. It's even used to justify the oft-shitty controls. MGS usually gets a pass on story from its fans. You know, its focus.

It's perception, alright. Warped perception. "The story doesn't have flaws if you ignore the flaws." That sort of thing.

Drakul
03-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Probably Fable 3. Besides the glitch that caused John Cleese to stop talking for the entire game, the combat was very easy, so easy I never once got KO'd.

Also, the morphing was not at all extreme enough to even notice a change in the player. I'm not saying I had to look like Bowser or Superman by the end but some indicitaion that I was good or evil would have been nice.

The ending section of the game...
was too short and totally screwed up what I'd been working on the entire game. We're given a few choices like opening schools or closing factories and, whatever we pick, we are screwed. It's just a case of choosing how you'd like to be screwed.

You can either have everyone hate you in a pretty landscape or have everyone hate you in an ugly landscape or you can let everyone die.
I spent the entire game being a good guy, I stopped child labour, I opened schools etc and I'm still hated on after the end of the game because Lionhead thought that it would be fun for me, as a player choosing the good road, to see my entire game turn on me. So, an entire games worth of helping, saving etc was all for nothing because everyone now hates me and my land is a mess.
This turned me off completely. I've not played since, I'm not at all interested in playing again and I've never even considered buying DLC.

Fabe IV is going to have to show me something really great for me to be interested again.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I didn't play Fable 3 because Fable 2 was a huuuuuuuge disappointment. Loved Fable. Never even finished Fable 2.

Drakul
03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I've read that alot. Fable 2 was my first Fable so that might be one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Fable 3 isn't really worth going for, in my opinion. I'm not the sort to abandon a series so easily but it has turned me off from the series.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I've read that alot. Fable 2 was my first Fable so that might be one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Fable 3 isn't really worth going for, in my opinion. I'm not the sort to abandon a series so easily but it has turned me off from the series.

Yeah, Fable 2 might have been a competent game on its own, but even toning down Peter Molyneux's promises of living on the moon by the end of his second development cycle, it was hard not to be let down when they basically changed everything except the title.

On a similar note, I'd probably be less disappointed with Fable 3 simply because I no longer had expectations. But I'd also probably give it a pass, because it's not the game I once loved.

Hype is one of the easiest ways to kill a game. :(

Drakul
03-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Fable 3 would have been passable if it wasn't for the last section of the game, I think.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Also not very impressed with Mass Effect 2, though I know it was insanely beloved and people are all "WTF are you talking about?"

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
No, just agreeing with a comment that the story was perfect and Fangerl struggled to find flaws with the game. Well, more specifically, you likened his praise of one game to another. If you didn't think it merited similar compliments, you probably shouldn't have likened.

Which, to be fair, Fangerl struggles to find flaws in anything above second grade. PLot holes to him are probably just more "I don't get it."

Yes, but how many of them herald it as a great story? How many even play the story? Nobody's, to my knowledge, calling it anything of the sort. Well, except Fangerl within a week of release, followed by disc snapping and bad mouthing.

Yes, millions of people play COD. How many of them heap such praise on it as your comparison would indicate.

Hell, COD is a primarily multiplayer franchise. Its focus is largely multiplayer. and both devs get death threats over broken elements of its focus. Since we're comparing the two, MGS is a primarily story-driven franchise. It's even used to justify the oft-shitty controls. MGS usually gets a pass on story from its fans. You know, its focus.

It's perception, alright. Warped perception. "The story doesn't have flaws if you ignore the flaws." That sort of thing.

If you go looking for flaws of course you will find them. That much is a given, KK. Though I haven't played a game since that I enjoyed as much from start to finish. It has a very likable protagonist, a good stealth system (if at times the guards are a bit stupid, but its a game and if you wanted perfect realism, then you are looking in the wrong place) a very good story with great twists that provides an excellent backstory to the franchise ending with one of the best boss fights (no pun intended) there was nothing frustrating about the game, nothing that broke it or made it unplayable. It struck a fine balance in difficulty where it wasn't easy but wasn't Nintendo Hard either.

Now with having the third installment take place before the first game, of course there is always going to be the issue that something won't fit together correctly.

Moving onto CoD, I have no idea what has happened in any if the games after CoD4. I haven't started, let along finished the story in any of them. I play for the multiplayer and that's about it.

Which finally brings me to something I asked you once before and you failed to respond because you tend to do that when confronted with a question you cannot answer without having to defend it yourself in such a way you attempt to force others to do.

But ill ask again so everyone here can watch you attack me or draw attention away from and completely avoid the question as you usually do, I mean that is your schtick right?

So KK, what is the best game you have ever played and why do you think it is so good? I mean you ARE an expert on every game, so this shouldn't be a difficult question to answer for you.

I didn't play Fable 3 because Fable 2 was a huuuuuuuge disappointment. Loved Fable. Never even finished Fable 2.

Absolutely loved TLC, Started Fable 2 and it didn't have the same feel at all. Haven't finished it either.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
If you go looking for flaws of course you will find them.

Yes, that's exactly what my brother, a huge Kojima fan, does.

Shut up, Fangerl.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Yes, that's exactly what my brother, a huge Kojima fan, does.

Shut up, Fangerl.

Making shit up AND doing what I predicted. Go grab a coffee buddy, You are off your game this morning.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Making shit up AND doing what I predicted. Go grab a coffee buddy, You are off your game this morning.

Point out which part I made up. Go on. You can't.

This is why it fails when Jabba and Afterlife say it, too.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
How do we know your brother is a kojima fan, you could just be making that up for convenience. you know, like you always do.

Very amused as you predictably are still avoiding the question.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
How do we know your brother is a kojima fan, you could just be making that up for convenience. you know, like you always do.

You you're accusing me of making shit up not because I made shit up, but because you wish to impugn my brother out of convenience.

Sweet. Fangerl proves he's retarded again.

Also:

Oh my god, I can't believe you're still on this! I went to a meeting, came back and you're still talking about it even though I've clearly let it drops (despite making this post) I'm going to to totally drop it now (and post later anyway), so you should totally do it too.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Finally, I've already discussed with you why I do not do itemised lists, and I'm especially not going to do one for one of your idiotic attempts at blame shift. The fault was mine, though, for assuming that you actually had the intelligence to understand what you said you understood before.

You're not getting an itemised list out of me, period. And the attempt at blameshifting is transparent and <s>beneath you</s> actually, just transparent.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
You you're accusing me of making shit up not because I made shit up, but because you wish to impugn my brother out of convenience.

Sweet. Fangerl proves he's retarded again.

Also:

Finally, I've already discussed with you why I do not do itemised lists, and I'm especially not going to do one for one of your idiotic attempts at blame shift. The fault was mine, though, for assuming that you actually had the intelligence to understand what you said you understood before.

You're not getting an itemised list out of me, period. And the attempt at blameshifting is transparent and <s>beneath you</s> actually, just transparent.

So KK, best game you have ever played. How about it?

LoDownM
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Also not very impressed with Mass Effect 2, though I know it was insanely beloved and people are all "WTF are you talking about?"

*Insert giant rant here about how wrong/stupid/fat/blah/blah/blah you are here from either FA or Req*

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
So KK, best game you have ever played. How about it?

Oh my god, I can't believe you're still on this! I went to a meeting, came back and you're still talking about it even though I've clearly let it drops (despite making this post) I'm going to to totally drop it now (and post later anyway), so you should totally do it too.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
*Insert giant rant here about how wrong/stupid/fat/blah/blah/blah you are here from either FA or Req*

Sounds about right.

Captain of Fun
03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Kane Knight is just embarrassed that his favorite game is Barbie Magical Princess 3.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 07:59 PM
KK is a hipster.

Requiem
03-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Barbie Magical Princess 3 wasn't even half as good as Barbie Magical Princess 2

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Kane Knight is just embarrassed that his favorite game is Barbie Magical Princess 3.

Screw you, it's Barbie Horse Adventures!

So glad it's on the XBox 360 BC list.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
KK is a hipster.

Ace
03-06-2012, 04:19 AM

Haha, jeez... that was way too much effort and thought put into someone else's opinion.

I was only saying that it's a matter of perception on what makes a great game to each person. My comparison to COD was simply that a lot of people love it, and I don't. You may not think the original MGS is that good at all, but I love it.

El Fangel
03-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Your opinion is quite clearly wrong, Ace.

Ace
03-06-2012, 07:21 AM
How foolish of me...

El Fangel
03-06-2012, 07:47 AM
How dare you think a critically acclaimed video game is good! You should be banned for such heresy!