PDA

View Full Version : Austin Aries question

Logan
03-03-2012, 01:36 AM
I watched the sit in protest clip on the TNA site, and as I watched Austin Aries talk, the question came to me:

Is it just me or does Aries look like a (very) poor mans Rick Rude, (at least face wise)?

(On a side note, face wise, I'm glad Angle shaved. To me the beard and uber short hair look never worked for him.)

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Good question. Yes, I do think he does a little bit.

He also looks strikingly similar to TPWW Poster FakeRazor.

Destor
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
this thread doesnt have a "correct answer" so it doesnt belong in Q&A

Gertner
03-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Nobody cares about TNA. There's your correct answer.

Anybody Thrilla
03-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Austin Aries is awesome. That's what it looks like to me.

Destor
03-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Nobody cares about TNA. There's your correct answer.
i would love to see you apply your wrestling forum gimmick to movies/tv and music :y:

St. Jimmy
03-03-2012, 08:11 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5HqK4m0rw1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Austin Aries should be World Heavyweight Champion of every wrestling promotion in the world.

St. Jimmy
03-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Austin Aries should be World Heavyweight Champion of every wrestling promotion in the world.

Going in the sig.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Honestly, right now I would care much more about Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Austin Aries than I would Stone Cold vs. CM Punk. If Punk were still a heel, I'd be much more interested in Punk vs. Austin, but as it stands, Austin vs. Austin is my dream match right now.

The instigation of the feud could come from Aries not making the cut for Tough Enough, despite clearly being the toughest man on Planet Earth. He could even make his debut attacking Stone Cold Steve Austin during some segment where Austin is talking about Tough Enough. People would be like "Who the fuck is that?" and WWE.com could put up articles asking "Who attacked Austin?" and then their "journalists" could uncover that it's "independent wrestling sensation" Austin Aries, who auditioned for Tough Enough but never made the cut. Aries then shows up the next week (possibly even wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin t-shirt) and cuts a promo like this:

Who am I? You should all already know who I am, and that's why I did what I did last week. You said I wasn't "Tough Enough," Steven, but last week, when I kicked the absolute hell out of you, it certainly seemed that I was "Tough Enough," didn't it, Steven? You have this legacy of being one of the biggest ass-kickers in history, but the only way you could ever kick mine was by making sure I didn't achieve my destiny and get into the WWE. You closed the door on me, Steven; you tried to hold me down. But I'm here now, Steven, and I'm standing in a WWE ring telling you that Austin 3:16 says "I just whipped your ass."

Aries keeps his personality much the same, but has a sort of unstable, Stone Cold-obsessed theme going with it. He can even talk about Stone Cold being his idol growing up, and asks us to imagine how it feels being told by your idol that you're not good enough.

You're right, Steven...I'm not good enough. I'm better.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Aries then unifies the WWE, World Heavyweight, TNA, ROH, PWG, Open the Freedom Gate, IWGP, GHC Heavyweight, AJPW Triple Crown, NWA and WWC Universal Championships. He also brings back the WCW and ECW Titles, gives them to someone, and then beats them for it.

Tom Guycott
03-04-2012, 01:41 AM
... and all that is derailed the instant WWE would sign him by changing his name to "Joshua Evermore III" and making him tag with Darren Young on Superstars duty and giving him a "deranged male stripper" gimmick.

Lock Jaw
03-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Dunno. I have been impressed by the dude, but when he, Bully Ray, and Robert Roode were talking in the ring, I was least interested by Austin Aries.

erickman
03-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Honestly, right now I would care much more about Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Austin Aries than I would Stone Cold vs. CM Punk. If Punk were still a heel, I'd be much more interested in Punk vs. Austin, but as it stands, Austin vs. Austin is my dream match right now.

The instigation of the feud could come from Aries not making the cut for Tough Enough, despite clearly being the toughest man on Planet Earth. He could even make his debut attacking Stone Cold Steve Austin during some segment where Austin is talking about Tough Enough. People would be like "Who the fuck is that?" and WWE.com could put up articles asking "Who attacked Austin?" and then their "journalists" could uncover that it's "independent wrestling sensation" Austin Aries, who auditioned for Tough Enough but never made the cut. Aries then shows up the next week (possibly even wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin t-shirt) and cuts a promo like this:

Who am I? You should all already know who I am, and that's why I did what I did last week. You said I wasn't "Tough Enough," Steven, but last week, when I kicked the absolute hell out of you, it certainly seemed that I was "Tough Enough," didn't it, Steven? You have this legacy of being one of the biggest ass-kickers in history, but the only way you could ever kick mine was by making sure I didn't achieve my destiny and get into the WWE. You closed the door on me, Steven; you tried to hold me down. But I'm here now, Steven, and I'm standing in a WWE ring telling you that Austin 3:16 says "I just whipped your ass."

Aries keeps his personality much the same, but has a sort of unstable, Stone Cold-obsessed theme going with it. He can even talk about Stone Cold being his idol growing up, and asks us to imagine how it feels being told by your idol that you're not good enough.

You're right, Steven...I'm not good enough. I'm better.

i am still hoping that the flair hof thing will lead to tna invades wrestlemania, i would love to see aries join brian in beating the crap out of shamus, an i want to hear sorry about your damm luck as storm takes out punk.

CSL
03-04-2012, 09:58 AM
erm

MoFo
03-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Hes good but Alex Shelley is such a homo r/n I cant watch this shit, like does he really have a gay emo gimmick or is he just camping his shit up, IDK

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Alex Shelley is great. He should be the TNA Television Champion for a little bit, and do a fighting champion shtick until Chris Sabin is ready to return.

erickman
03-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Alex Shelley is great. He should be the TNA Television Champion for a little bit, and do a fighting champion shtick until Chris Sabin is ready to return.

they may need to drop that belt if they are not going to use it, i would have said the same about the womens tag belt but now ey has it.