PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Collection Thread

RP
03-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Post some pics and/or talk about some of the cool comics you have.

Rammsteinmad
03-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately all of my comics are in England, with only a small handful here that I've picked up in German.

Next time I'm in the UK (probably gonna return for a bit in July) I'll get some photos, if this thread is still relevant then. I have literally thousands though. Been collecting since 1993 to about 2010-ish.

I miss my comics. Didn't even manage to read them all before I left. :(

Schlomey
03-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I watch Comic Book Men every week after the Walking Dead and drool over most of the merch.

I collect X-Men mostly but am a huge fan of Galactus comics inside the Surfer/Fantastic Four universe.

I am a spider man fan and don't hate Miles Morales (i am just starting this series)

I currently watch just about everything Netflix has by way of Marvel cartoons.

I don't like DC sans Batman and maybe a few others.

Superman can suckadick (nah he's ok but isn't even on the list of favs).

Reavant
03-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I have been getting the new Venom series which is awesome. I get spider man, deadpool and spawn as well.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I have five long boxes full. Pretty much stopped buying single issues in the interest of space since the fifth one was getting full.

stultiloquy
03-08-2012, 02:25 AM
I've been collecting since 1987, started out with X-Men and general Marvel stuff, the only DC comics I've regularly collected are Batman-centric.

Outside of the 'Big Two', I have tons of indie books...too many to summarize here.

My plan is to completely fill out my run of Uncanny X-Men. I'm about 70-something books away from that.
Of course the books I'm missing are mostly from #100 and below, so I'm going to end up with a big dent in my wallet once I get to those.

I think my favorite book is my copy of Witchblade #1 which I got signed by Michael Turner when I met him a few years ago.
It's probably not the most desirable book I have, but it has a great deal of sentimental value, as he died 2 months later. :(

Nowhere Man
03-08-2012, 07:38 AM
I've got a decent collection, 1 and a half long boxes of individual issues and half a bookcase full of graphic novels.

Got a lot of the 'essentials' of graphic novels, like Watchmen, Kingdom Come, Sandman, and the like. 14 volumes of Invincible, 10 volumes of Hellboy, a ton of various Superman stories (I'm pretty sure I'm one of maybe two people on TPDub that actually likes Superman), a few Batman and Spider-Man, and just recently started collecting Astro City, which I am completely in love with.

My collection of individual issues has suffered lately, as I don't like about 4/5ths of the DC reboot (and the ones I do like I just download digitally), and Marvel doesn't really interest me outside of Spider-Man. I do have a ton of older stuff from the 90s, a lot of Dark Horse's old Aliens vs Predator comics, the entire Maximum Carnage series, and I've managed to hang onto my copies of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, which were the first comics I ever collected back when I was a wee lad (and still pick up an issue once a year or so just to see what they're doing with it--honestly, it's pretty damn good for a kid's comic). Now that I've got a job that pays above minimum wage, I'm going to start a reserve box at my local shop again to bolster my collection a bit.

Skippord
03-08-2012, 08:12 AM
I have 3 comic books because I was not familiar with trades until like 3 months ago

I will have many comic books soon

Nark Order
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I used to have quite the collection of X-men and Spiderman comics when I was younger that my uncle collected for me when I was younger. When I got into middle school I sold them all like a huge shithead.

Other than that I'm one of those guys that got back into comics after the New 52 relaunch and have been loving it. So far I have I think 6 full series of the new 52s I'm collecting. I also have the most recent Captain America series and Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz. Prolly gonna collect the series that I like from now on.

Hooked on Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Bat Girl, All Star Western, Night Wing, and Resurrection Man out of the new 52s. I was also one of the only fans of Static Shock before the cancelled it. I think there's definitely a place for the kiddish type superhero stuff still, it contrasts well with the dark direction they're taking things nowadays.

LuigiD
03-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I have a couple of long boxes full. I have recently come up with a new direction for my comic collection.
Before I use to just go ape shit and buy huge lots of comics.
Takes up too much room and those huge lots are usually mostly crap. I have sold off the crappy comics. I have decided to start collecting 60's Marvel stuff. I still follow a couple modern series but not as much. Have been trying to get my hands on early Fantastic Four and Avengers material. Love Jim Steranko's run with Nick Fury as well.

Lock Jaw
03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
(I'm pretty sure I'm one of maybe two people on TPDub that actually likes Superman)

I am the other one.

Like 3 out of my 5 long boxes is probably filled with Superman stuff. Including things like Superboy/Supergirl/Steel.

Indifferent Clox
03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I have 3 comic books because I was not familiar with trades until like 3 months ago

I will have many comic books soon

Have you never been to the graphic novel section of your recent bookstore till now?

whiteyford
03-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Close to 30 boxes, mostly X-men, only 1 box of DC stuff and thats mostly random issues i've picked up for the covers.Got a bunch of Museum editions though,couple with artwork on them too.
Still have a subscription coming every month even though i havent had a chance to read any in about 3 years :(