PDA

View Full Version : Jericho is gone after Wrestlemania, isn't he?

Jari
03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Looking at it, his only purpose would appear to be to give CM Punk the great Wrestlemania match he deserves. Jericho has a ton of stuff going on outside wrestling at the moment and my instinct is that he will be gone as soon as Wrestlemania is over.

I hope I'm wrong but I suggest you savour him for the next couple of weeks.

Iop
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
It would be funny if Jericho left BEFORE wrestlemania and WWE had to find punk a new opponent and a-Train actually returned and we had punk vs A-Train and A-Train said "You know punk, ive never met you, but I always hated you" and Punk would say "You went to Japan so u could do drugs" and then A-Train would say "My only drug is kicking your ass" and they have a 4 star match.

I would prefer that to Punk Vs Jericho actually

Evil Vito
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Thought the rumor floating around was that Jericho was going to stick around for a little while after Mania. You can pencil in a Punk vs. Jericho rematch for the PPV after Mania, because it's ALWAYS filled with Mania rematches. Not sure about past that. Could see him staying until SummerSlam or something.</font>

Volare
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
That....and Extreme Rules is in CHI-TOWN BABY!!

JKWJRMON
03-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Do you think Jericho will win the title at WM28?

Kane Knight
03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
At least it'll give Punk something else to drop PIPE BOMBS over.

Schlomey
03-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I know the topic is about Jericho leaving but I'm staying in denial a bit longer.

So. Instead.

I think the Punk vs Jericho Mania match sells itself with name value only but these last few weeks have been amazing watching the fire slowly start to burn. I heard it may go on first at the show which is probably for the best knowing the majority of people are invested in Rock vs Cena so hopefully it will be given time to shine.

Frank Drebin
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM
That....and Extreme Rules is in CHI-TOWN BABY!!

W00T!!

MoFo
03-20-2012, 12:32 PM
I know Fozzy are at DOWNLOAD \m/ in June so hes at least got a coupla months I think

Lock Jaw
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
He's gotta stick around long enough for the mandatory WM rematch at the next PPV.

Rammsteinmad
03-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Kinda gutted this isn't the main event to be honest. :(

Droford
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Jericho wins. Punk seems to be better to me chasing the belt. Im feeling that CM (IM THE CHAMP, HOLD UP BELT, SAY SOME STUFF) Punk is stale.

XL
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Any guy that is over with the mass audience is "stale" with (some of) the IWC.

Destor
03-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Kinda gutted this isn't the main event to be honest. :(
have no idea why this matters so much on this site. the match will likely be given more time than the main. its placement has no relevence to the match.

Cool King
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
He'll be around for a while after WrestleMania.

He doesn't really have much going on with Fozzy at the moment. Both he and Rich Ward are writing and recording some new stuff at the moment but that's about it until June when, like MoFo said, they'll be at Download and he'll be hosting the Golden Gods Awards in London.

The only other thing he's doing at the moment along with wrestling is his "The Rock of Jericho" radio show but that's about it.

Kane Knight
03-20-2012, 07:06 PM
have no idea why this matters so much on this site. the match will likely be given more time than the main. its placement has no relevence to the match.

Are you nuts? How can you possibly enjoy a match if it's not at the end of the show?

Destor
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
the dark match main is the real money match

Emperor Smeat
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Can't see the feud ending after Mania considering the feud would only have 1 match and with the way Jericho has gotten a lot more personal with the promos, a bit of a waste to end it this soon.

Even the traditional post-Mania ppv full of rematches seems too early to end it just when its starting to really get interesting.

Savio
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
lol what an underwhelming return then. No one can argue that.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2012, 08:18 AM
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho is in a similar spot to Ric Flair and Randy Savage were at WrestleMania VIII, and Jericho seems to be in Ric Flair mode whilst fucking with Punk. They'll tear it down, have a classic, and everyone will remember Punk and Jericho as having one of the greatest wrestling matches at WrestleMania ever on a super-stacked card.

If they wanted to put the WWE Title on Chris Jericho, I think the Elimination Chamber was the best time. I don't think Jericho came back to pad his resume -- he's just after some money and a chance to do what he is good at again. If Punk wins, he solidifies himself as "The Best in the World" and the t-shirts mean something and the WWE can continue to try and market Punk as "the guy." Sure, a chase would be interesting, but I just don't think it's time yet.

I didn't know Extreme Rules was in Chicago. If so, that is HUGE! That crowd is going to mark the fuck over Punk, and CM Punk taking "The Best in the World Tour" back there is money. In my opinion, the money match is still John Cena challenging Punk at Extreme Rules. With it being in Punk's hometown, and the atmosphere around their match at Money in the Bank, it would make sense for Punk to square-off with the guy who is likely to win "the biggest match in WrestleMania history" to continue to prove he is the best. Tease CM Punk vs. The Rock, as well, and make The Rock the Special Guest Referee for that show.

Chris Jericho and CM Punk are really getting personal with this feud, though, but part of me hopes that Punk knocks Jericho back and that Jericho finds something else to do. Even if it's something like winning a Money in the Bank, or even if he turns face after Mania (I know, it sounds insane) and says that he was just trying to get into Punk's head and Punk proved that he's better than him. Even if he just does it to troll us. Whatever. I will never complain about Punk vs. Jericho, but I think they could hold off another match between the two until at least Over the Limit.

Sting Fan
03-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm bored with Jericho tbh, he comes and goes often, he gets massive (IWC) hype and tbh it never seems to deliver.

I want to see this match, but I also want to see Punk win. Maybe a rematch is in order but after that I see no need for Jericho near the main event. Hes getting older and while there is a new generation forging forward I say let them at it.

Lets create new feuds for the ages with these new guys who have proven there capable.

Personally i love the Idea of a Heel Daniel Bryan being Chased by a face (tweener?) John Cena. Cenas straight cut superman vs. Bryans snivley coward heel.

Mr. C
03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Chris Jericho should have an actor pretend to be a drunk and CM Punk’s dad.

He could use Ralphus for that.

Please.

Pretty please?

Emperor Smeat
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Jericho's contract got extended.

Chris Jericho’s representatives have negotiated an extension on his current WWE deal, which was originally for six months.

Chris Jericho has extended his contract for several months, and will be “full time” in WWE through the summer. Which means he will either continue feuding with CM Punk or be a major part of the WWE draft to help the Smackdown brand after WrestleMania.

Iop
03-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Chris Jericho should have an actor pretend to be a drunk and CM Punk’s dad.

He could use Ralphus for that.

Please.

Pretty please?

I believe Ralphus passed away :( :'(

Mr. C
03-27-2012, 11:14 PM
I believe Ralphus passed away :( :'(

It was reported back in 2005 he had, but then he showed up on an episode of TNA Spin Cycle in 2008. Of course, he could've sometime between then and now I guess.

#1-norm-fan
03-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Do you think Jericho will win the title at WM28?

I really hope not. It seems like WWE's lazy way of taking a feud to another level is a title change. See: Alberto del Rio. I'd prefer the feud go on and Jericho never actually beat him for the title. Let Punk have a nice long reign and make it a bigger deal when he does actually lose it.

James Steele
03-28-2012, 01:34 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/TwistedSteeleEntertainment/Jericho-Ralphus-Spinnerbelt.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2012, 10:17 PM
I still think the immediate money after WrestleMania is to cash in on Cena beating Rock and do Cena vs. Punk in Chicago at Extreme Rules. I believe that the WWE should try to convince Rock to put over Punk at SummerSlam, and have Rock officiate the Punk/Cena match; but if not, I guess you could have Jericho cost Punk the WWE Title. You can take their feud to the next level by having Jericho go all "If I'm not The Best in the World, then there's no way you're going to be."

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I would love to see Chris Jericho & Christian team up against to help the WWE rebuild it's tag division, by the way.