PDA

View Full Version : Andre the Giant vs. Akira Maeda

Zeeboe
03-24-2012, 09:26 AM
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x6ipfo_andre-the-giant-vs-akira-maeda_sport"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ipfo_andre-the-giant-vs-akira-maeda_sport" target="_blank">Andr&eacute; the Giant vs Akira Maeda</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/frenchdeeker" target="_blank">frenchdeeker</a></i>

Rammsteinmad
03-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Yo thanks for that, always wanted to see this match.

DLVH84
03-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Never knew Andre and Maeda fought before the infamous match they had years later, which would have a bigger conflict, in which Inoki had to end the match. That's the one where Maeda tried to kick him down and Andre laid down for him.

Razzamajazz
03-24-2012, 03:16 PM
when did daniel bryan turn japanese?

Razzamajazz
03-24-2012, 03:17 PM
andre has some bad ass music

DLVH84
03-24-2012, 03:20 PM
andre has some bad ass music

Indeed, he does.

Zeeboe
03-24-2012, 07:38 PM
See, I thought that clip I posted was the shoot match, but then I saw Andre's hair, and recalled his hair was shorter during the shoot. I looked around for that match, but no dice. Still, the match from the clip I posted is a good match to watch. The stuff from Japan is great. It's hard to believe a little guy like that could hold his own so well against a man as huge as Andre.

DLVH84
03-24-2012, 07:45 PM
See, I thought that clip I posted was the shoot match, but then I saw Andre's hair, and recalled his hair was shorter during the shoot. I looked around for that match, but no dice. Still, the match from the clip I posted is a good match to watch. The stuff from Japan is great. It's hard to believe a little guy like that could hold his own so well against a man as huge as Andre.

Agreed on that notion, Zeeboe.

Tom Guycott
03-25-2012, 12:55 AM
The ref kinda looks like Bolo with a crew cut.

Also, this match was boring according to Vince Russo.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-25-2012, 08:24 AM
It was pretty boring according to me too.

Jordan
03-25-2012, 09:01 AM
I thought this was going to be the shoot as well, but still very cool. Love the environment and Andre's Brody entrance.

Jordan
03-25-2012, 09:02 AM
That was a much cooler Andre than we saw in WWF.

Zeeboe
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
So a few months ago I posted a match between Andre the Giant and Maeda - I thought it was a shoot match, but it turns out it wasn't. But the two men did indeed have a shoot match later on. So here is the match I thought I was posting before - This is a rematch between the two men, only this match turns into a shoot match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sSE91FHzQnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The story is, this turned into a real fight because Andre wouldn't sell Maeda's moves. Andre was also told to embarrass Maeda in the ring and kick his ass. Andre was drunk too. - That wasn't apart of the plan. When Maeda saw Andre was not only not selling for him, but was stiffing him, Maeda defended himself. The reason it wasn't stopped earlier was the idea was for Andre to kick Maeda's ass, and they were waiting for it to happen, but because Andre was drunk, he was having trouble. Maeda was kicking Andre's knee until it turned bright red and took him down rather easily a few times. He turned to Kantaro Hoshino and asked if he could finish him off and Hoshino shook his head "no." Maeda was pissed and threw a kick at the guard rail instead. So in regards of Maeda - A guy twice his size started a fight with him and he was only trying to protect himself, and not hurt Andre all at the same time. No easy task! Check it out!

DLVH84
10-07-2012, 08:01 PM
So a few months ago I posted a match between Andre the Giant and Maeda - I thought it was a shoot match, but it turns out it wasn't. But the two men did indeed have a shoot match later on. So here is the match I thought I was posting before - This is a rematch between the two men, only this match turns into a shoot match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sSE91FHzQnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The story is, this turned into a real fight because Andre wouldn't sell Maeda's moves. Andre was also told to embarrass Maeda in the ring and kick his ass. Andre was drunk too. - That wasn't apart of the plan. When Maeda saw Andre was not only not selling for him, but was stiffing him, Maeda defended himself. The reason it wasn't stopped earlier was the idea was for Andre to kick Maeda's ass, and they were waiting for it to happen, but because Andre was drunk, he was having trouble. Maeda was kicking Andre's knee until it turned bright red and took him down rather easily a few times. He turned to Kantaro Hoshino and asked if he could finish him off and Hoshino shook his head "no." Maeda was pissed and threw a kick at the guard rail instead. So in regards of Maeda - A guy twice his size started a fight with him and he was only trying to protect himself, and not hurt Andre all at the same time. No easy task! Check it out!

That's the one. :y:

Fignuts
10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
lol dlvh approved