PDA

View Full Version : RATE IT: WrestleMania XXVIII

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
On a scale of 0-10 (0 worst, 10 best...) how well did you or didn't you like WrestleMania this year? How do you think it compared to the other 27 editions

VSG
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Poll, DAMN iT!

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Poll, DAMN iT!

My, oh, my how frightfully uncouth...if you would have just been patient for me in the whole 2 seconds it took to create the poll, you wouldn't've had to get your now curry-soiled panties all in a bunch.

Jordan
04-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Undertaker/HHH III will go down as an all time classic, I just watched it for the 2nd time and maybe even enjoyed it more, minus the lack of suspense. Punk/Jericho was the other home run, however other than those two matches the rest of the show was only lackluster to good. Still because of the two great matches I'd give the show a 7. Also the main event wasn't bad, just kind of a typical WM main event these days, by the numbers nothing extraordinary.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I refuse to vote following DAMN iNATOR's abusive post towards VSG. Somebody please re-make the thread.

CSL
04-02-2012, 03:09 PM
My, oh, my how frightfully uncouth...if you would have just been patient for me in the whole 2 seconds it took to create the poll, you wouldn't've had to get your now curry-soiled panties all in a bunch.

lol what

CSL
04-02-2012, 03:11 PM
you really are just a horrendous little gimp at times

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
How so? He swore at me...not very polite if you ask me. Patience is a virtue people!

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 03:26 PM
REP4POSTS/VOTES

Rock Bottom
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Couple of zzz moments, but the highlights more than made up for it.

#1-norm-fan
04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I went 8. The ending was shit but especially after last year, it was pretty awesome as a whole.

Seth82
04-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I went with 7

it was a pretty good fun show

didn't care for the 18 second World Title match with Sheamus and Bryan Danielson

that was bullshit

VSG
04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I went with an 8, entertained me nicely for over 3 hours. Well worth the money.

Rhaps
04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
It's been a long time since I actually sat down to watch a wrestling show, but I was so drawn in by the fantastic hype-job, particularly around the three key matches, that I was keen to watch WM28 in the hope that it would remind me why I ever became a fan in the first place all those years ago, and why an obsession with pro wrestling has never really left me since.

After the 18 second WHC "match" followed quickly by whatever that skit with Santino and Foley was supposed to be, I was seriously considering turning the TV and heading to bed. I didn't understand it, and not just in a 'OMG! WTF!?!' manner, this just..it wasn't the thing I'd grown up with. This wasn't for me. Maybe it had finally happened, maybe I was, to bring out an old phrase "too old for this shit," and it was time to step away.

Alas, I stuck with it.

The Randy Orton/Kane match surprised me. Back before I stopped watching altogether about two years ago, I held the belief that Orton and Kane were the two most boring workers on the roster. The only time Kane had ever entertained me was during his 'Who put The Undertaker in a vegetative state?' run, and Orton's never once entertained me.

That said, their match was actually quite well done for what it was.

And then it happened...

The cell lowered, and 'Taker, Trips and HBK told a dramatic, emotional story to rival any of the great storytellers in any medium. In 20+ years as a fan, this was just about as good as any match I've ever seen. I became emotionally invested, I was on the edge of my seat, gripping the cushion, barely able to watch as the era I grew up with finally came to an end.

As the three ageing warriors embraced and took their final curtain call, a small tear formed in the corner of my eye, and that experience alone was worth every penny I paid for this PPV.

Punk/Jericho was a good encounter, and I enjoyed the story of Jericho goading Punk towards a DQ. The action from there was solid, and though I wouldn't say it was a Five Star classic, it was a good outing from both men.

Elsewhere, the IC title and Raw/Smackdown encounters were passable fillers, and even the divas match held my attention for longer than it had any right to.

As for the main event, I'm unashamed to say that I absolutely loved this match. Much as with HHH/Taker, this was old-school story-telling in the manner of the type of match I haven't seen since I was a kid.

Yes, there were plenty of rest-holds, but that only added to the drama as the Legend who had originally paved the way came back looking to reclaim his crown, but perhaps underestimating the current king of WWE's proverbial mountain.

I think Cena worked heel well, and I loved the story they told here; For all intents and purposes Cena, the workhorse, the warrior, the embodiment of the company, absolutely dominated the returning Legend who'd gone away to Hollywood. This was his moment to shine, to prove he was the real king, but when he all but had The Rock beat, cockiness and over-confidence were to be his downfall.

A perfect 'Mania? Far from it. A solid reminder of why I became a wrestling fan? Definitely.

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 05:05 PM
VSG, I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier...I just over-reacted to being sworn at. Please accept my humblest and sincerest apologies. :(

VSG
04-02-2012, 05:06 PM
No need for apologies my man, just keep posting :heart:

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe there wasn't a need in your perspective, but it was bugging me.

Gertner
04-02-2012, 05:23 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10!

#1-norm-fan
04-02-2012, 05:26 PM
lol. Not gonna lie, I did start a "Yes!" chant in the club after Sheamus won.

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Liar.

KaosDarksol
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Gave it a 7. The one match I was really excited for turned out to be 18 seconds of crap. The rock and cena was more just a wrestling match with no real story being told, and to top everything off Cody Rhodes lost. The rest of the matches were fairly good though.

Emperor Smeat
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Cared the most for Punk vs Jeircho and it delivered. Also liked Taker vs Triple H a lot more overall than last year's match.

Big downsides were Bryan-Sheamus match being too short and the very slow start to Cena vs Rock but overall really enjoyed Mania this year. Also helped unlike the last 2 Manias, the WWE fixed the problem with timing and pacing issues this year.

Droford
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
7, the flaw being the 20 second opening match. Give them 10 minutes and youd probably get a 9 out of me.

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I've got to go in a few, so anyone else who posts in here or votes from here on out, just know I'm not forgetting you with your +rep. Please be patient with me until I can log on again at some undetermined point in the future and catch up with you.

Thanks. Night, guys! :wave:

dronepool
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I give it a 6.5or 7.0 but voted a 6.

3 very good matches, the Daniel Bryan 18 second screw job killed a lot of the hype.

Immortal Moose
04-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I give it an 8, I was pretty entertained overall. DB vs. Sheamus was lame but HHH vs. Taker, Punk vs. Jericho, and Cena vs. Rock were all pretty great matches.

road doggy dogg
04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I thought the PPV overall was kinda shit. Only Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho really redeemed it for me. The Sheamus/Bryan "match" was terrible. I give it a 6.
crossrine

XCaliber
04-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Have to give it a 7 there were three great matches but the rest of it could have easily been better than it was like Sheamus/Bryan for instance.

Shisen Kopf
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I like to rate my ppvs not by a mere number but to compare it to a Sylvester Stallone movie. If this year's WM was a Stallone flick it would be Stop or my mom will shoot.