PDA

View Full Version : Madusa throwing the Womens title in the trash...

ItsTimeForAChange
05-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if any of you guys saw this when it happened, I think it was like in 94 and she was known as Alundra Blayze or something like that. How exactly did it happen? Did it just show her showing up backstage at Nitro and tossing the belt in the trash or something? Also, how could she do that, I mean, I understand she jumped ship and all, and I remember hearing people say that the incident was one of the main reasons why Vince screwed Bret, because he could potentially do the same thing with the World title, but isn't the belt Vinces property? I mean, they probably cost alot to produce as well.

Also wondering if anyone knows where I can possibly find a clip of this or screenshots.

Rob
05-05-2004, 04:47 PM
WWF released Madusa when she was the champion and never asked for the belt back so she could do what she wanted with it really. She was released weeks before they did the spot anyway just proving they didn't care about the belt (they didn't bring it back for 5 years).

I don't believe for a second Vince thought Bret Hart would show up on Nitro with the belt. Firstly, he was under WWF contract so he would have been in breech and lost a ton of cash for doing it. Secondly, the guy is a total pro and only missed 2 dates in 14 years for Vince and lastly, if he was gonna do it, why didn't he take a replica title to Nitro and dump that in the bin. Nobody would have known.

ItsTimeForAChange
05-05-2004, 04:59 PM
WWF released Madusa when she was the champion and never asked for the belt back so she could do what she wanted with it really. She was released weeks before they did the spot anyway just proving they didn't care about the belt (they didn't bring it back for 5 years).

I don't believe for a second Vince thought Bret Hart would show up on Nitro with the belt. Firstly, he was under WWF contract so he would have been in breech and lost a ton of cash for doing it. Secondly, the guy is a total pro and only missed 2 dates in 14 years for Vince and lastly, if he was gonna do it, why didn't he take a replica title to Nitro and dump that in the bin. Nobody would have known.

Thanks for the info Rob, you're the man.

KayfabeMan
05-05-2004, 05:04 PM
:y:

Rob
05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info Rob, you're the man.

Actually I'm not. I'm the 38th man

Funky Fly
05-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Actually I'm not. I'm the 38th man
I'll job my #1 spot to you if you like. :'(

Longshot
05-05-2004, 08:56 PM
I dont have this DVD but isnt this explained in the "Monday Night War" DVD?

ItsTimeForAChange
05-06-2004, 12:14 AM
I dont have this DVD but isnt this explained in the "Monday Night War" DVD?

Beats me. I should probably pick that up sometime though. Oh wait, I don't have any money. :-\

CBright7831
05-06-2004, 12:15 AM
I never saw this unfortunatly. What exactly happened?

Longshot
05-06-2004, 02:41 AM

Rob explained it right as far as i know

Longshot
05-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Beats me. I should probably pick that up sometime though. Oh wait, I don't have any money. :-\

Well like I said I dont have this dvd either but I've been watching wrestling a loooong time and I remember pretty much everything that happened during the times of the "Monday Night Wars".

SuperSlim
05-06-2004, 10:05 AM
yeah she showed up on Nitro right in front of the camera. Placed the trash can on top of the commentating booth and just dropped the belt in there.

I think it's on the DVD but I haven't watched it in a good while though

KaliKot
05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Eric Bischoff told her to do it, she was reluctant because she knew the consequences, but in the end, she did it!

Savio
05-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Isn't that in the nWo video?

Rob
05-08-2004, 02:21 PM
It sure is.