PDA

View Full Version : smackdown spoilers yes yes yes

Indifferent Clox
04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
John Laurinaitis brought Teddy Long out to offer him a job. He said you can take your job and shove it. Johnny mentioned Teddy's grandkids need it for college. The crowd booed him badly. Johnny offered the job on only one condition to say Johnny is better than him. Teddy gave in and told Johnny you're better than me. Then he sent Teddy to the back to start his undisclosed job. Laurinaitis announced the handicap match that followed.

1. Mark Henry and David Otunga defeated R-Truth. Truth beat up Otunga with an array of moves. Henry came in and Otunga screamed to let him pin Truth.

2. Randy Orton defeated Kane in a No DQ match. Orton DDT'd Kane on a chair. Kane attempted a chokeslam on the chair, Orton RKO'd him on it instead and got the win.

There was a National Guard moment and everyone screamed USA.

3. Ryback beat Barry Stevens. Three moves and the match was over.

Daniel Bryan was interviewed. The crowd screamed "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Bryan broke it up by yelling at AJ about the kiss at WrestleMania 28.

4. Big Show beat Heath Slater. Cody Rhodes was on commentary. The segment started with the Cody Rhodes embarrassing moment. Show won with a punch, a spear, and a chokeslam. Cody got up and tried to get in the ring, but Show ran him off. Show did the WMD on Slater. Cody tried to run in, but ran back to the locker room.

A video recapped the C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho segment from Raw.

5. Nikki Bella beat Beth Phoenix. Kelly Kelly interfered and Nikki got the win.

There was a John Cena flashback from WrestleMania, and then a recap of the Brock Lesnar return from Raw.

6. Alberto Del Rio defeated Sheamus by DQ. Del Rio grabbed a chair while the ref wasn't looking. Sheamus grabbed the chair and when the ref turned around, Del Rio acted like he had been hit with it, so the referee disqualified Sheamus. Afterward, Sheamus got mad and nailed the ref with a Brogue Kick.

Dark Match

1. John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show beat Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Kane. The "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chants have been so popular tonight. They did a rapid fire finisher sequence with Orton RKO'ing Kane, and Cena hitting the Attitude Adjustment for the win.

Nicky Fives
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Skip Sheffield returns!

Savio
04-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I dont think anyone is out from survivor

VSG
04-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Ryback!! Yes! Yes! Yes!

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Yep Yep Yep!

What it do!

Supreme Olajuwon
04-04-2012, 12:51 AM
The misuse of Barry Stevens continues. SMH :nono:

When will the bookers ever WAKE UP

Corndad
04-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Well at least the Yes thing continued lol

That's a hell of a dark match by the way.

KaosDarksol
04-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Wonder where they are going with Bryan and who he will feud with now

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2012, 03:36 AM
The WWE should really just have Bryan destroy nobodies for weeks and weeks via submission to see if the fans stay behind him. When the Sheamus vs. Del Rio stuff is done, Bryan can step back in as a challenger.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-04-2012, 03:46 AM
I think the person that this will hurt in the end is Sheamus. Becomes the World Champion and then the person he beats is more popular now than ever. DB is like ObiWon in A New Hope.

Razzamajazz
04-04-2012, 03:49 AM
i knew bryan was going to blame aj for her "kiss of death"

KaosDarksol
04-04-2012, 05:23 AM
And we all love Bryan as long as he isn't world champion

Nicky Fives
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I'd love to see A.J. get a serious push now..... have her cut a few promos claiming she doesn;t need a man in her life and she determined to do it by herself..... you could even add a few training vignettes with some male jobbers in FCW where she's hitting Headscissors, Missile Dropkicks or whatever on them, then have her pull out the moves on the Divas starting with the lower level (Maxine, Alicia, Aksana) then moving up through the ranks until she's taken seriously as a challenger......

Long story short, a female underdog, non-Spanish, non-mask wearing Rey Mysterio......

Gertner
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
lol nobody will care about Bryan within two weeks. Just like before.

jkman61494
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I think Sheamus operates MUCH better as a heel. He's been incredibly boring to me as a face. The fact he was this Irish brawling no nonsense heel fit him really well. Now they're stereotyping his complexion and accent even more into some dopey fan favorite?

Just have him go destroy some face and get him back to a heel. The crowd wants it anyway at this point.

PimpinMike
04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Smackdown sux a hairy nutsack

Droford
04-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Teddy Long ss gonna end up being a referee again isn't he?

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd love to see A.J. get a serious push now..... have her cut a few promos claiming she doesn;t need a man in her life and she determined to do it by herself..... you could even add a few training vignettes with some male jobbers in FCW where she's hitting Headscissors, Missile Dropkicks or whatever on them, then have her pull out the moves on the Divas starting with the lower level (Maxine, Alicia, Aksana) then moving up through the ranks until she's taken seriously as a challenger......

Long story short, a female underdog, non-Spanish, non-mask wearing Rey Mysterio......

I kind of don't think that Daniel Bryan and AJ should be broken up, ever. I'd rather see her start wrestling and taking inspiration from Bryan -- even going as far as to start wearing attire that pays homage to his. Bryan and AJ's shtick could last for a long while and continue to get both over.

Also, I would kind of enjoy it if Teddy Long went back to being a regular manager. John Laurinaitis could hate it, but not be able to revoke Teddy Long's approved "managerial licence." Long could show up in the corners of some babyfaces like Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Zack Ryder, etc. Not that they all need someone to talk for them, but for when they do decide to do something with Teddy Long again, it would be an easy way to segue him into it.

Tom Guycott
04-06-2012, 12:25 AM

I kind of don't think that Daniel Bryan and AJ should be broken up, ever. I'd rather see her start wrestling and taking inspiration from Bryan -- even going as far as to start wearing attire that pays homage to his. Bryan and AJ's shtick could last for a long while and continue to get both over.

One step farther... further? F... beyond:

The thing he said before about coaching her to a championship. She draws inspiration from him and wins her way to the Butterfly Belt. Meanwhile, he can't win the title back. Plays the role of tweener since he beomes genuinely proud of her... via marking for himself and his "tough love mentoring" (read: treating her like shit which she takes as "toughening her up") and being frustrated that he can't do it himself, which he, in turn, takes out on AJ, who keeps winning.

Even that is more interesting than just "ZOMG! LETS BREAK THEM UP NAO THAT PEOPLE CHANTED "YES!"

Also, I would kind of enjoy it if Teddy Long went back to being a regular manager. John Laurinaitis could hate it, but not be able to revoke Teddy Long's approved "managerial licence." Long could show up in the corners of some babyfaces like Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Zack Ryder, etc. Not that they all need someone to talk for them, but for when they do decide to do something with Teddy Long again, it would be an easy way to segue him into it.

Yeah, a legit face manager hasn't happened for awhile. And so what he "isn't needed"? Honestly, Dolph really doesn't need Vickie. Swagger does, but not Dolph... of course, there is actually a danger that if they split, Dolph could get over as a face without trying (see Orton, The Rock, SCSA, etc.,). They could actually revisit her building a stable at some point to war with Teddy's clients. And let's not forget they seem to be trying to add in Abraham Washington somewhere as a manager as well... if it's just Mark Henry, or if HE will put together a stable soon remains to be seen.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2012, 01:11 AM
I kind of want to see Jack Swagger turn face in coming weeks. Imagine this:

Next week Santino Marella & Brodus Clay team up to face Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger. Ziggler & Swagger isolate Marella, but he tags in Brodus who tosses around Ziggler for a bit and looks like a monster. Swagger tags in and gets in more offense on Clay than anyone before, but gets suplexed a few times and then takes a Cobra from the apron and gets floored by Clay followed up by What The Funk.

Ziggler is all "What the hell, man?!" and beats the shit out of Swagger post-match. Vickie is all "NOOOO! What are you doing?!" and Dolph is all "I don't need this! I'm the best ever!" The following week Swagger is in a lockerroom and Vickie Guerrero tells him that she talked to Dolph and he wants to apologise. He just lost his cool, that's all. Jack is all "Whatever. Dude is trash." Ziggler shows up and says that he's sorry, he still wants to work with Jack, because they are two of the best. Jack looks like he wants to rip Dolph's head off. Dolph says he can make everything better. He talked to John Laurinaitis and the "People Power" movement has given them a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship tonight. "So how about it, big fella?" Swagger looks serious for a minute than says "Yeah, OK," and the two slap hands and Dolph says "We'll be champions forever!"

The match comes up, and Swagger & Ziggler play the heels for a bit, but then Epico & Primo take over on Swagger. Dolph yells at Swagger to get to the corner and tag out. Jack eventually fights them off, but Dolph jumps off the apron. Backstabber to Swagger the the champions retain. Vickie Guerrero yells at Dolph all the way up the ramp -- "What are you doing?! You could be a champion!"

Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger is confirmed for Extreme Rules, and to spicen things up, Johnny Ace makes Vickie Guerrero the Special Referee for the match. Vickie doesn't really know what to do, and both guys say "Just call it right down the middle." It comes to the match, and Vickie gets on the mic. "You're both my clients and although this is Extreme Rules, I am not going to let you hurt each other. You two are going to have a proper wrestling match." Both Ziggler & Swagger are like "Cool, whatever." Swagger starts off the match strong, but Ziggler uses ring savvy to turn the tables, though, but Swagger then gets back into things. Eventually, Swagger hits the Gutwrench Powerbomb and Vickie counts -- 1...2...but then stops. Jack is all "What are you doing?" as Vickie acts confused. Swagger applies the Ankle Lock and then Dolph taps out. Vickie Guerrero then calls for the bell, but says something to Justin Roberts as Swagger has raised his arms in victory. "Ladies and gentleman, your winner of this match...as a result of a disqualification for arguing with the official...Dolph Ziggler!"

Jack Swagger is struck with bewilderment. Vickie is all "You were in my face, Swagger!" Jack is all "This is crap, Vickie! He tapped!" and then Dolph lays out Swagger with a Zig Zag from behind and beats the crap out of Swagger while Vickie laughs maniacally and leaves with her top client.

On RAW, Swagger comes out and cuts a promo where he says that he's done some pretty terrible things. He rattles off abusing Tommy Dreamer's family, breaking people's ankles, trying to throw Rey Mysterio into a river, betraying Jim Ross who signed him to a WWE contract and all his heel jazz. Swagger says that he wants to apologise for all that, because last night being screwed made him reflect on his career and who he was, and he isn't really proud of any of that -- he just got caught up in trying to successful and now he realises that there are more important things, and that last night taught him that he needs to hold himself to a level of respect. He says there is one more man he needs to apologise to, so he calls out Dolph Ziggler. Vickie Guerrero comes out and heads into the ring, however.

"Jack, I want you to understand something: Last night wasn't personal. It was business. You're an amazing athlete, but I had a choice to make. Dolph Ziggler is now en route to becoming the new WWE Champion, and one day you could also make a fine champion." She lays her hands on Swagger's chest at this moment, as Swagger glances at it and then stares a hole right through Vickie. "You might even be the World Champion again. One day, Jack. But it's now Dolph's time. And although you and Dolph have your disagreements, you don't need to apologise for getting in Dolph's spotlight. He understands. But I still want you to be my client."

"You still want me to be your client, Vickie? Forget it. You're fired. I'm not going to apologise for getting in Dolph's spotlight. I'm going to apologise for breaking his ankle." Vickie is absolutely shocked at this. "Tell Dolph to come out here, or I'll go back there and find him." Vickie begs with Jack not to do it as Dolph Ziggler jumps the barricade behind Swagger and enters the ring and blasts him with the Zig Zag.

And the feud is on.

Emperor Smeat
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
:lol: the YES! chants continued.

Bryan: "I feel that they are mocking me"
Crowd: YES! YES! YES!

Also great promo by Bryan

:lol: WWE really tried hard to edit in boos and messed up badly since you can still hear the crowd say YES! and the Hey Hey Goodbye chant to AJ.

Cool King
04-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I can now say that I really don't care about Sheamus anymore. Before, I was indifferent, but now, I just don't care about him at all.

He's pretty boring and repetitive, and I'm sick of hearing his stories about his "family". I really don't care about his "Uncle Paddy", "Cousin O'Farley" or "Great Grandfather Fargus" or whoever else he mentions. It seems like everything and anything reminds him of a "family member" and it always ends with him saying the word "Arse".

Cool King
04-06-2012, 09:19 PM
But other than that, I thought SmackDown was good. I like that Ryback is back and also, Damien Sandow has me interested.

Flash Funk
04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
RYBACK

Flash Funk
04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Cue the wellness test jokes btw

Skippord
04-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Jesus Christ, forgot how much of a monster Ryback is

Skippord
04-06-2012, 10:41 PM
also, his music is rad

Skippord
04-06-2012, 10:43 PM
I immediately like Damien Sandow

Skippord
04-06-2012, 10:44 PM
also Damien Sandow's twitter is incredible, his "manservant" Ignatius does all the tweeting

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Daniel Bryan officially broke up with AJ, for those keeping track at home. Bryan also went into super-heel mode to try and get heat. He showed pretty great intensity on the mic. You can tell the dude is loving what he is doing. He mentioned his rematch clause, though, and something intriguing is that Michael Cole (who for all the shit he gets is usually on top of his storylines) didn't really mention that if Del Rio beat Sheamus then he would get a title match. Cole made it sound like he would be "in line" for one. It makes me wonder if they are going to change plans and do Sheamus vs. Bryan first and continue to build Del Rio so they can get back to their regularly scheduled program.

Also, I've got to say, that Ryback stuff confused the crap out of me. So they acknowledge that he was in NXT season one, but it seemed like it stopped there. Also, I have no clue what the deal with everyone in the back laughing at Barry Stevens was. I get that it was to get Stevens heat and get us behind Ryback when he killed him, but it felt really weird. Didn't come off right, and seemed more cruel than anything else. Jobber matches have a place, but they really should have had a guy with mic skills come out and say that he's the future and no one can touch him or something and left it at that. Ryback had good intensity, though, and it looked like he was legitimately killing Stevens. Also, I loved the "R" arm-band he had on. It was reminiscent of his time in Nexus. He will no doubt get over, but just don't try so hard. Don't make him a face or a heel out the gate, have him squash nobodies and let people react the way they want to, and then eventually have Heath Slater face him and mock his old "Yip, yip, yip" shtick and act all buddy with Ryback before getting squashed.

I also agree that Sheamus doesn't interest me. The dude's a good worker and he's fit all the pieces of the puzzle together for being your prototype for a top WWE star, but it's just not that intriguing. Also, him Brogue Kicking Chad Patton felt like a really dick move. Shame on Chad Patton for doing his job. Also, I loved the pop for Ricardo Rodriguez, haha.

Damien Sandow does have me interested, however. He always struck me as a "total package" guy, even when he was essentially a filler act on SmackDown! years ago against Paul London & Brian Kendrick. He was always solid in the ring but didn't seem uncharismatic. It was just a dull role. Sandow's "I'm really classy and you're not, but that's not your fault -- I'll fix you" shtick is perfect condescending heel heat waiting to happen. I just can't imagine who he would feud with. My guess is Ted DiBiase, but it seems that there are just too many guys on SmackDown! waiting for a push. This is why NXT was such a good idea. I wouldn't debut Sandow in the ring for a few weeks, at least. I'm excited to see how he does, though, as he's been getting rave reviews from people that matter down in FCW.

Also, not really SmackDown!, but Tyson Kidd vs. Hunico was absolutely epic. Fantastic match. Tyson Kidd works so well as a babyface, and Hunico is easily one of the top workers in the WWE right now. His whole gimmick annoys the crap out of me, but not in a good way. I dunno -- I kind of wish he had more depth than "Look at me, I'm a tough guy from Juarez." Talk about his accomplishments, or how he fooled the "WWE Universe" into thinking he was the "Blockbuster International Superstar" Sin Cara because he's so fucking good.

Down the line, I truly believe that Hunico could become a super-over babyface due to his brilliant ring work, style and buried charisma. I am still itching to see Alberto Del Rio vs. Hunico, with Hunico taking issue with Del Rio's wealth and being born into success instead of having to fight off the streets after having his identity robbed by people like Del Rio. You could have Del Rio pay off Comacho to betray Hunico, and have Comacho play this conflicted character caught between his loyalty to a man who once saved him and looking after himself by taking opportunities when they present themselves.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2012, 10:59 PM
also Damien Sandow's twitter is incredible, his "manservant" Ignatius does all the tweeting

That is absolutely incredible. Sandow's mic skills really impressed me, and as Gertner says, characters are missing from professional wrestling these days. Sandow has a character, but it doesn't seem limiting. Would love to see him and Del Rio form a bit of an alliance, if a fragile one.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Also, since Ryback has a sort of "futuristic" vibe about him (not over the top, but just like his presentation is sort of based around that theme), I would actually not mind it if the WWE brought back Superstars from the past to put Ryback over.

Imagine Scotty 2 Hotty coming out and being all "Where am I? What year is it?" before Ryback enters and destroys him in seconds.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2012, 11:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mr. Sandow is consulting his shaman to further prepare for Axxess this weekend. Sincerely, Ignatius <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523wwe">#wwe</a></p>&mdash; Damien Sandow (@TheDamienSandow) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheDamienSandow/status/185526172602474496" data-datetime="2012-03-30T00:37:41+00:00">March 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2012, 11:07 PM
OK, I take back being interested in Sandow. I am fucking pumped for him!

Would totally jizz all over the place if he ended up with William Regal as his technical advisor, or something like that.

James Steele
04-06-2012, 11:14 PM
That promo by Daniel Bryan on SmackDown! was amazing.

Skippord
04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mr. Sandow is trending worldwide. He is pleased. Sincerely, Ignatius <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523smackdown">#smackdown</a></p>&mdash; Damien Sandow (@TheDamienSandow) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheDamienSandow/status/188461729745874944" data-datetime="2012-04-07T03:02:32+00:00">April 7, 2012</a></blockquote>

love Ignatius

#1-norm-fan
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I feel like Kane and Orton should be anchoring the world title scene.

Mr. Pierre
04-06-2012, 11:40 PM
That Kane/Orton match would have been a nice addition to the Extreme Rules card. Not sure why Orton got his win back so soon. Thought the feud had some legs.

#1-norm-fan
04-06-2012, 11:55 PM
lol @ Barry Stevens

#1-norm-fan
04-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Rudest people on erf

#1-norm-fan
04-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Pretty upset Ryback isn't using his Terminator gimmick.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 12:18 AM
HAH! I'm loving this Damien Sandow character. He seems to be the goods.

"Ever so desperate housewives" :lol:

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Holy shit del Rio was awful at the end of that match. He completely didn't sell the chair shot until long after the ref saw him. lol

XL
04-07-2012, 05:22 AM
His selling was shit on Raw too. The Brogue Kick - a move that 24 hours earlier had won Sheamus the WHC in an one move match - managed to floor Del Rio for all of a second before he rolled out of ring and on to his feet.

Indifferent Clox
04-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah Alberto went to Japan and learned fighting spirit during the break apparently. Whereas Daniel Bryan lost his fighting spirit when he signed to wwe.

Rammsteinmad
04-07-2012, 10:03 AM
That damned fighting spirit. :foc:

Gertner
04-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah Alberto went to Japan and learned fighting spirit during the break apparently. Whereas Daniel Bryan lost his fighting spirit when he signed to wwe.

You gf should lose 200 pounds

Gertner
04-07-2012, 10:49 AM
lol all the people chanting "yes" were well over 300 pounds. Heck, check out the guy shit talking AJ on the way up the ramp. There's your Daniel Bryan fans: fat, basement dwelling virigins like I've been saying all along.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
If they're well over 300 lbs they'd probably have WWE contracts by now.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
There's your Daniel Bryan fans: fat, basement dwelling virigins like I've been saying all along.

So you're saying he's over with the majority of the crowd then?

Gertner's finally coming around!

Gertner
04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
"yes" is over. That's about it.

Anybody Thrilla
04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
That promo by Daniel Bryan on SmackDown! was amazing.

This is what I came to this thread to say. Bryan was great. I actually felt bad for AJ.

Skippord
04-07-2012, 07:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>SOME OF YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPALLING! I AM TRYING TO KEEP THEM FROM MR. SANDOW! STOP NOW! (NOT A JOKE) SINCERELY, IGNATIUS <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523WWE">#WWE</a></p>&mdash; Damien Sandow (@TheDamienSandow) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheDamienSandow/status/188747175159799808" data-datetime="2012-04-07T21:56:47+00:00">April 7, 2012</a></blockquote>

:'(

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2012, 07:52 PM
That heel work was magnificent: "No, I will not talk to you backstage. Or anywhere else ever again." :lol:

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Was kinda hoping AJ would be the one doing the breaking up after getting fed up with the way he used her.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2012, 08:13 PM
There would be no heat generated for Bryan that way, though. AJ gets babyface sympathy this way, and Bryan looks like the biggest dick in the world. Win-win.

The WWE have actually built up some challengers for Beth Phoenix, too, which is kind of weird, since it was just yesterday that she had steam-rolled through everybody.

erickman
04-07-2012, 08:23 PM
There would be no heat generated for Bryan that way, though. AJ gets babyface sympathy this way, and Bryan looks like the biggest dick in the world. Win-win.

the problem is the crowd wants him to be a face he says shut up aj the crowd cheers, he throws her to the curb they sing nah-nah goodbye, wwe needs to do what tna with aa and find a bully ray for him to fued with.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I just think for the moment that empowerment angle would have been fitting since all Bryan has done is use her to win matches and be a dick.

Pintint
04-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Sandow is awesome, and Ryback looks interesting. Which is odd cause he was boring as Skip Sheffield.

XCaliber
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Knew there was something familiar about Damian Sandow and I couldn't quite put my finger on it till I looked him up on Youtube heh what an improvement!

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
When he first started talking, he reminded me of The Genius.

Skippord
04-08-2012, 04:47 AM
ahahahaha just listened to Barry Stevens for the first time

was Will Smith's character in Independence Day his linguistics coach?

XL
04-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Don't know much/anything about Sandow but it's very interesting.

Ryback looked great but I want them to give him something to do pretty much off the bat. We already have Lord Tensai doing the squash match route and shortly before that we had Brodus Clay. There have also been so many guys called up for one angle who just float around when that angle ends/finishes abruptly (Hunico, Jinder Mahal, etc).

XL
04-08-2012, 05:36 AM
He was Idol Stevens!?

Cool King
04-08-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm not meaning to be a DLVH84 here, but I already knew that and I thought everyone else did too. :-\

#BROKEN Hasney
04-08-2012, 05:42 AM
I have no idea who Idol Stevens is/was. That Sandow seems pretty awesome though.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Thinking that Barry Stevens chump could be a good Ignatious too, if he makes it beyond Twitter.

MoFo
04-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Wut, that Sandow guy was boring as hell, sounded like a more pompous RTC gimmick.

Ryback was awesome though, had the Goldberg vibe about him.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Ryback was awesome though, had the Goldberg vibe about him.

Just watched it and thought the same. When he had the guy in the front headlock I thought he was gonna Jackhammer him.

VSG
04-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Wut, that Sandow guy was boring as hell, sounded like a more pompous RTC gimmick.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/mmorpg-general-discussion/188007d1321166314-total-recall-mmo-kuato18.jpg

Open your mind, MoFo.

VSG
04-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I am glad to see MoFo got the context :D

Gertner
04-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Damian Sandow sounds like every pretentious douchebag who posts in our music forum.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Damian Sandow sounds like every pretentious douchebag who posts in our music forum.

Good gimmick then. You should hate him.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 02:50 PM
He was Idol Stevens!?

Holy shit. Didn't put those pieces together til just now either. I need to keep better tabs on former flash in the pan WWE guys/developmental.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Sandow's promo reminds me of a mix of The Genius and those Sean O'Haire preacher-esque promos from years ago. I love it.

Gertner
04-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Good gimmick then. You should hate him.

Already do. I'm sure he's gonna break out with "Animal Collective are amazing as is Bon Iver" and other lies.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 03:10 PM
"Blame you for this said ignorance? That is something I pledge to never do. Save you from this said ignorance. Now that... that is the essence of my true calling. You're welcome."

Cool King
04-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I've came across a lot of people saying that Damien Sandow's promo was a lot like Triple H's promo.

I've watched both, but I don't see it. :-\

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H7npRC0_xsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EBQWitPVM9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anybody Thrilla
04-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Sandow has a beard. Hunter clearly didn't. I see no similarities. :shifty:

Emperor Smeat
04-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Got more of a Sean O'Haire vibe than the blue blood Helmsley with that promo from Sandow for some strange reason.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Triple H and Damien Sandow were both trained by Killer Kowalski.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Damien Sandow & Ignatius could be one of the biggest matches of all-time, and should really be on the WrestleMania XXIX card. It'd sell out the universe.

Or at least do a Team Del Rio vs. Team Sandow match as your "get everyone on the card" match. They start off as allies, but eventually it becomes apparent that there is only room for one cultural icon in the WWE. Del Rio buys all his team cars and gives them fancy introductions -- but Sandow brings heart and purity to the table, and promises immortalisation in the annals of sports and entertainment history.

VSG
04-08-2012, 10:38 PM
You don't even know who Ignatius is, let alone being real.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Sometimes I feel like Noid is just fucking with us...

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Sometimes...

James Steele
04-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Damien Sandow & Ignatius could be one of the biggest matches of all-time, and should really be on the WrestleMania XXIX card. It'd sell out the universe.

Or at least do a Team Del Rio vs. Team Sandow match as your "get everyone on the card" match. They start off as allies, but eventually it becomes apparent that there is only room for one cultural icon in the WWE. Del Rio buys all his team cars and gives them fancy introductions -- but Sandow brings heart and purity to the table, and promises immortalisation in the annals of sports and entertainment history.

The guy has had ONE FUCKING SEGMENT. Noid, come on...really?

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 11:35 PM

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Ryback had some great energy, a lot of fun.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Ding, ding, ding. Winner.

Seriously, though -- they could very easily form a loose alliance and help each other get a heel footing on SmackDown!.

James Steele
04-09-2012, 12:02 AM
So all the stuff about Val Venis and Doug Basham were lies?!?!?!?!?!?! I DON'T KNOW YOU ANYMORE!

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2012, 12:13 AM
No, that was serious. Deadly serious.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2012, 12:13 AM
As is my current Primo movement.

James Steele
04-09-2012, 12:16 AM
How can I trust you now? Doth you not admit to speaking out of both sides of thy mouth?

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Hell, I admit to talking out of my ass. Still far more valuable than any words spoken by one Kane Knight.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Seriously, I think Sandow could be the greatest thing since the sandwich.

James Steele
04-09-2012, 12:32 AM
QUIT PLAYING THESE GAMES WITH MY SOUL, SIR!!!

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 12:34 AM
I believe he's being honest about his feelings on Sandow.

I don't believe anything else he has ever said in the previous 23,569 posts though.

Lock Jaw
04-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I was not too impressed with Sandow. Got bored with his promo real quick.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 12:38 AM
It wasn't stereotypical and made me hopeful of an intriguing gimmick. Plus his facial expressions came off as really comfortable. And like I said, his voice and the way he talked made me reminisce about The Genius and get all nostalgic.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Plus I thought that line "Blame you for this said ignorance? That is something I pledge to never do. Save you from this said ignorance. Now that... that is the essence of my true calling. You're welcome." was a great line.