PDA

View Full Version : TPWW young kids need a history lesson and a beat down

ChrisHarvard01
04-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Perusing the boards I noticed that many of the current posters here do not recognize many of the greatest wrestlers of all time as they should. For example, the comment “Bischoff, Hogan, and Flair need to go”. Referring to TNA. Do you really think it’s GOOD for business for Ric Flair to “go”?

Hogan and Flair are probably the greatest wrestlers of all time. I feel they have put more time in than anyone and continue to produce product.

Where are all your “superstars” like Orton, Rhodes and Sheamus going to be in 15 years? Retired. Guaranteed. They don’t draw.

It’s not that younger guys aren’t good enough to carry a show. They CAN wrestle. But they don’t DRAW.

While all you WWE marks sit at your parent’s house and complain the “old timers” of the past won’t get out of the way and let wrestlers like Aries take the stage, remember: these guys BUILT this shit!

As much as you guys like to hammer Eric Bischoff, I’m realizing now that surely you must just be frightened by the possibility of a better wrestling product, like WCW.

You WWE marks really think Bischoff is such an incompetent fool when in fact he is a VISIONARY. (Wouldn’t you consider nWo to be THE BIGGEST story line ever? I thought so. Now shut up about Bischoff.)

If it weren’t for AOL Bischoff may have single handedly ran you marks and the WWE all the way to Japan. I know most of the posters are sixteen but trust me boys, WCW was winning the ratings war. AOL fucked it all up and no matter how creative Bischoff was nothing could save that.

So stop ranting for Hogan, Bischoff and Flair to get off the airwaves and start THANKING them for their hard work.

CSL
04-08-2012, 09:42 PM
way to come in and make your point as stupidly as those that whinge about Bischoff, Hogan and Flair

James Steele
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Zeeboe sock #829

BigDaddyCool
04-08-2012, 09:44 PM
It is a different business today. The name WWE is what draws crowds, not the wrestlers. Are you really Bruno Samartino?

James Steele
04-08-2012, 09:47 PM
WCW was already losing to WWF by the time of te AOL-Time Warner merger.

Pintint
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
The socks are growing like weeds lately

MoFo
04-08-2012, 09:51 PM
OP is a dumb fuck

Nicky Fives
04-08-2012, 10:41 PM
They don't need to "go".... they just don't need 30-minute segments every show taking away from the people who are trying to get to the point in their career where they can "draw"....."Cowboy" James Storm can be the next "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, but not in a company that only gives him 5 minutes per show....

Wishbone
04-08-2012, 10:58 PM
What Nicky Fives said. The old timers have their place and can help to draw some of the older fans in but if you give them all your screen time then you're screwed. The original poster said where will the young guys be in 15 years well where will Flair, Hogan, and the like be in that same 15 years? My money is on dead or the nursing home which means no more drawing for them. You have to build new talent so that in the future you have guys who can draw for you.

Also to whoever's sock this is go fuck yourself.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 11:04 PM
WE BUILT THIS CITY
WE BUILT THIS CITY
WE BUILT THIS CITY ON 'ROIDS AND "WHOOOOOOO"S

xREDxONxYOUx
04-08-2012, 11:13 PM
No one was arguing that Hogan, Flair, and Bischoff are some of the biggest names in wrestling history, but you're missing the key word there...HISTORY!!!

I have to agree with what Nicky said above. They don't need to be the center of attention 24/7! In a behind the scenes role, like a GM, a road agent, or even a booker, I can deal with that. I just don't want to see them every other segment of Impact(which is why I don't watch it anymore).

Also, all of my "superstars", like Orton, Rhodes, Sheamus most likely won't be around in 15 years, not because they can't draw, but because they are taking way more risks than probably should. I'd rather have someone who will be there night in and night out, entertain me, and burn out rather than fade away. I'm sick of guys who won't step aside and give the younger talent a chance! Just a chance! If no one believed in Hogan, Flair, or even Bischoff, they never would've become the superstars that are today and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

And it's not as if I don't enjoy reliving the memories of Hogan bodyslamming Andre, Flair with the 4 Horsemen and Evolution, and the WCW/nWo storyline, I do. I just can't enjoy them as much as I would if they weren't being ruined by the new memories of these 3 ruining TNA.

CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY THAT YOU ENJOY WATCHING HOGAN/FLAIR/BISCHOFF IN MATCHES NOW???

I'd rather see something like Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy than old men who can barely get into the ring, much less have a 5/5 match! I'd much rather see someone risk it all in the ring than guys who risk it all just getting in the ring.

I'm sure I'm going to hear/see a ton of sh*t for being new and speaking my mind, but someone had to say something.

Shadrick
04-08-2012, 11:16 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/nike%2520black%2520sock.jpg

FourFifty
04-08-2012, 11:43 PM
.................................i'm too fucking drunk to deal with this shit.

Shisen Kopf
04-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I actually wrote a paper in college about this same subject. It was titled "Hogan, Flair and and Bischoff:the serious business of pro rasslin". My thesis was that hogan, Bischoff and flair (wooooooooooooo) actually did more for rasslin than any other people in the history of the world. My argument was that the WCW failed bc they had too many Latino luchadores and that is the true downfall. Basically, WCW got faggot spic-ed to oblivion. Damn you El Dandy, damn you La Parka!

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Calo

xREDxONxYOUx
04-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I blame Los Villanos!

James Steele
04-09-2012, 12:54 AM
I blame Jim Duggan's heel turn.

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/hacksaw3.jpg

DrA
04-09-2012, 01:12 AM
I would start with the Greeks.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I wonder if Super Calo's last name was Fragilisticexpialidocious

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Perusing the boards I noticed that many of the current posters here do not recognize many of the greatest wrestlers of all time as they should. For example, the comment “Bischoff, Hogan, and Flair need to go”. Referring to TNA. Do you really think it’s GOOD for business for Ric Flair to “go”?

Hogan and Flair are probably the greatest wrestlers of all time. I feel they have put more time in than anyone and continue to produce product.

Where are all your “superstars” like Orton, Rhodes and Sheamus going to be in 15 years? Retired. Guaranteed. They don’t draw.

It’s not that younger guys aren’t good enough to carry a show. They CAN wrestle. But they don’t DRAW.

While all you WWE marks sit at your parent’s house and complain the “old timers” of the past won’t get out of the way and let wrestlers like Aries take the stage, remember: these guys BUILT this shit!

As much as you guys like to hammer Eric Bischoff, I’m realizing now that surely you must just be frightened by the possibility of a better wrestling product, like WCW.

You WWE marks really think Bischoff is such an incompetent fool when in fact he is a VISIONARY. (Wouldn’t you consider nWo to be THE BIGGEST story line ever? I thought so. Now shut up about Bischoff.)

If it weren’t for AOL Bischoff may have single handedly ran you marks and the WWE all the way to Japan. I know most of the posters are sixteen but trust me boys, WCW was winning the ratings war. AOL fucked it all up and no matter how creative Bischoff was nothing could save that.

So stop ranting for Hogan, Bischoff and Flair to get off the airwaves and start THANKING them for their hard work.

Glad to see the Post-Concussion Syndrome you have is improving. :heart:

Don't lump Bischoff with Hogan and Flair.

Bischoff tried to destroy wrestling by trying to put WWF out of business. There could have been room for two major wrestling companies but that wasn't good enough for him.

So, Vince had really no choice to compete with that level of drive and purpose.

Thank you Bischoff for destroying WCW. I used to watch and love the Power Hour on Saturday mornings.

Can we have some sort of IP tracker for these socks?

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Bischoff stole the idea from New Japan Pro Wrestling, so why aren't you listing Antonio Inoki along with him Chris?

Maybe those concussions aren't improving?

edyhdrawde
04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Speaking as an old man and old wrestling fan, you sir are wrong. Hogan and Flair need to go and should have gone years ago. As for Bischoff he was a one trick pony. All his greatest successes he stole from someone else.

Cruiserweights he stole from ECW
nWo he stole from New Japan.

Flair would have been best served if he stopped wrestling years ago and because a manager to Evolution. Instead of Batista they could have brought in a good tag team to fill out the stable. Flair has plenty of wrestling knowledge that he could impart on the newer generation, and he doesn't need to wrestle to do it.

Hogan "believes" that he can save wrestling because he is the Immortal Hulk Hogan, those that believe in their own hype have the greatest fall from their lofty perch.

whiteyford
04-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Cruiserweights he stole from ECW
nWo he stole from New Japan.

Hogans a broken old man and Flair borders on nonsensical at times. nWo was awesome at the start but when everyone bar 3 or 4 guys were wearing the colours whats the point? Bischoff had one good idea he took from Japan,and really it wasnt a unique idea at the point either, but what else did he actually do creativly? Flair and Hogan could still be of use if used sparingly,theres a reason they are all in TNA and not WWE,because neither of them want to be used that way. And Flair hasnt quite grasped the notion of a prenup.

Steveviscious89
04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Believe me, I'm not a WWE mark by any stretch of the mind...and to be honest I don't think a lot of people here are either. I don't think they should go either...but...here's the thing...Bischoff is a great on screen character when there is a good plot behind him. We don't have that so much in TNA right now. He was also too obsessed with destroying the WWF when WCW was winning in the ratings. I think if we all sit back and consider the situation, he should have kept his eye on the ball a little more. So, if he is going to contribute to TNA, then that's fine with me, but don't oversaturate the program with his character unless there is good reason for it. The same goes for Hogan and Flair. Love their characters and everything they've done for the business, but without a relevant plot behind them they are no bigger of a draw than the little guys at this point because they can't work in the ring anymore. Bottom line is, you can have too much of a good thing and they need to save the legends for more interesting storylines.

Rammsteinmad
04-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Hogan and Flair are such huge draws, they're doing wonders for TNA right now. :roll:

Kane Knight
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
The socks are growing like weeds lately

Chris Harvard is not a new sock.

Kane Knight
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Flair doesn't really draw anymore. Neither does Hogan. These guys are irrelevant except in terms of nostalgia and "legacy."

Triple Naitch
04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey guys, long time follower of wrestling. I've been a fan since I was a kid in 1996 when Marcus Bagwell & Too Cold Scorpio beat Roma and Orndorff at Clash of the Champions 16. I'm only 25 but hell, that was 1996 so I figure I've been watching long enough to say-- in what sector is it appropriate for a world champion to be pinned AFTER winning the the title??

Gertner
04-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I actually wrote a paper in college about this same subject. It was titled "Hogan, Flair and and Bischoff:the serious business of pro rasslin". My thesis was that hogan, Bischoff and flair (wooooooooooooo) actually did more for rasslin than any other people in the history of the world. My argument was that the WCW failed bc they had too many Latino luchadores and that is the true downfall. Basically, WCW got faggot spic-ed to oblivion. Damn you El Dandy, damn you La Parka!

They also kept putting the World Title on that Woggie Boggie Nagger booker T

ChrisHarvard01
04-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey guys, long time follower of wrestling. I've been a fan since I was a kid in 1996 when Marcus Bagwell & Too Cold Scorpio beat Roma and Orndorff at Clash of the Champions 16. I'm only 25 but hell, that was 1996 so I figure I've been watching long enough to say-- in what sector is it appropriate for a world champion to be pinned AFTER winning the the title??

YES! YES! YES!

ChrisHarvard01
04-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Flair doesn't really draw anymore. Neither does Hogan. These guys are irrelevant except in terms of nostalgia and "legacy."

Kane Knight, did you see the crowds faces when Curley came out to the Hogan theme? Some fans thought it was actually the Hulkster, initially.

I saw women on the television become aroused at the idea of the Hulkster, just hearing that theme. It was a natural instinct for them. For the guys they just wanted to see Hogan come out and kick some ass, give a big boot and a leg drop. (He should have won that WM match v the Rock btw but WWE won't let Rock lose now-a-days)

For you to say Flair doesn't draw is an abomination and for you to say the greatest wrestler ever doesn't draw is unfathomable. I expected better from you Kane Knight. :n:

Eklipse
04-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Kane Knight, did you see the crowds faces when Curley came out to the Hogan theme? Some fans thought it was actually the Hulkster, initially.

I saw women on the television become aroused at the idea of the Hulkster, just hearing that theme. It was a natural instinct for them. For the guys they just wanted to see Hogan come out and kick some ass, give a big boot and a leg drop. (He should have won that WM match v the Rock btw but WWE won't let Rock lose now-a-days)

For you to say Flair doesn't draw is an abomination and for you to say the greatest wrestler ever doesn't draw is unfathomable. I expected better from you Kane Knight. :n:

Anyone who really thought it was Hogan is mentally incompetent.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-10-2012, 01:47 AM

Don't blame Chris :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Kane Knight
04-10-2012, 09:03 AM

similarly, anyone who thought Chris Harvard was legit is mentally incompetent.