PDA

View Full Version : Draft Predictions Thread

Mr. C
04-08-2012, 09:40 PM
With the Draft happening in two weeks, I really hope that they have just the actual Draft on TV and not a supplemental draft following later on. Both brands getting four picks each is plenty to “shake things up” without basically just sending almost everybody to opposing shows. It seems to defeat the purpose of sending somebody to a different show for the sake of making new feuds when you end up sending half of one roster to the other. It feels like the exact same two shows.

Here’s my picks this year:

<font color=blue>Alberto Del Rio to SmackDown
Alex Riley to SmackDown</font>
<font color=red>Big Show to RAW</font>
<font color=blue>Brodus Clay to SmackDown
Chris Jericho to SmackDown</font>
<font color=red>Christian to RAW
Cody Rhodes to RAW
Daniel Bryan to RAW</font>

* Del Rio looks to be facing Sheamus at Extreme Rules for the World Heavyweight title, so sending him back to SmackDown would allow that feud to continue after Extreme Rules. Del Rio’s tenure on RAW has been a failure, and it’s time for his character to go back to SmackDown.

* Riley could be a smart choice as an Intercontinental title contender, seeing as how he’s nowhere to be found on RAW anymore. His loss to Lord Tensai was his first appearance on the show in a long time, and that’s not a good thing.

* Show was originally drafted to RAW in 2002, only to be traded to SmackDown later that year. He stayed there until he was drafted back to RAW in 2005 and left for ECW in 2006 before he exited the company altogether. Show returned in 2008 on SmackDown and was drafted back to RAW in 2009. He was drafted back to SmackDown in 2010 and then back to RAW in 2011 before once again going back to SmackDown later that year. Safe to say that he’s an obvious choice for RAW.

* Clay was removed from TV earlier this year due to Vince McMahon’s unhappiness with his ring work. The Chairman believes he’s reckless and unsafe in the ring and doesn’t want him wrestling until his work is brought up to par. In that case, SmackDown would be the perfect fit for Clay.

* Jericho should be wrapping up his feud with CM Punk at Extreme Rules, but then what? With so much going down on RAW right now, Jericho could easily become one of the top heels, with Del Rio, on SmackDown, not to mention that there’s a feud just waiting to happen with Randy Orton.

* Christian has had success on SmackDown, but it’s time for him to take his shtick to RAW. Putting Del Rio and Jericho on SmackDown, I have to send a few SmackDown heels to RAW, and RAW is a better landscape for Christian right now.

* Rhodes has grown leaps and bounds on SmackDown, and it’s time for his talent to be featured on the flagship show. If Punk is to remain on RAW, Rhodes would be the perfect candidate as opposition to the WWE Champion.

* “YES!” is the biggest thing going in the WWE. What better way to capture the phenomenon than to showcase its architect live on RAW every week? Bryan will obviously scale back on his battle cry being that he’s a heel, but it’s fun seeing a live crowd get behind him.

Show would need to drop the Intercontinental title at Extreme Rules, and they could even have Rhodes cost him the match to continue their feud on RAW. Drew McIntyre could be given the match as a favor for replacing Christian on short notice at WrestleMania and bring the title back to SmackDown. I’d also have only RAW guys on RAW and SmackDown guys on SmackDown after Extreme Rules, as well as remove Michael Cole from the announce booth on SmackDown. I'm pretty sure Booker T and Josh Matthews would be better off.

Splaya
04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
No I don't want Rhodes on RAW. He can stay on SD and win it there

Nicky Fives
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Alex Riley to future endeavours..... you heard it here first.....

Krimzon7
04-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Broads clay to off my fucking television.

Wishbone
04-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Honestly the draft shouldn't even happen. The brands mean nothing anymore. Just fuse both rosters into one and get it over with.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2012, 12:11 AM
To RAW:
Christian
Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes
Layla
Mark Henry
Wade Barrett

Supplementary:

Ezekiel Jackson
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
Justin Gabriel
Layla
Natalya
Rosa Mendes
Tyson Kidd

To SmackDown!:
Alberto Del Rio
Chris Jericho
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
United States Champion Santino Marella

Supplementary:

Alex Riley
Brie Bella
JTG
Mason Ryan
Nikki Bella

Evil Vito
04-09-2012, 12:13 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The latest from the dirt sheets is that SmackDown will probably land some big names in order to boost SD house show ticket sales. They've realized that the brand split means nothing in terms of TV because everybody can show up anywhere, so may as well beef up the blue brand a bit.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2012, 12:16 AM
If that's the case, then I do expect that Alberto Del Rio, Kane and Rey Mysterio will definitely end up there. Kane has pretty much been working SmackDown! since his program with Orton, anyway. Might as well make the move official. Rey Mysterio has always been more useful on SmackDown! than RAW, so him returning there would make perfect sense. Santino Marella swapping places with Cody Rhodes is a move that I have been calling for weeks, and I still expect it to happen. Zack Ryder could be sent to SmackDown! to put him in a different atmosphere and develop him as a character a bit more, too.

Also, with RAW now being a "Supershow," it really doesn't matter who is drafted to SmackDown!. They'll still have a spot on RAW. Still, I can't see it being John Cena, Brock Lesnar or CM Punk. Chris Jericho and The Miz I could definitely see moved.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 12:27 AM
I can't even force myself to care. Between the Supershow and Raw guys showing up on Smackdown all willy nilly, it doesn't matter.

Mr. C
04-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Santino Marella swapping places with Cody Rhodes is a move that I have been calling for weeks, and I still expect it to happen.

You forget Cody Rhodes isn't Intercontinental Champion now?

No I don't want Rhodes on RAW. He can stay on SD and win it there

He can be a top heel on RAW and have new feuds.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 02:10 AM
If he's not a top heel on Smackdown, he won't be a top heel on Raw.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Also, lol @ Noid forgetting Cody's not IC champ anymore.

And lol @ me not realizing his mistake. :-\

Evil Vito
04-09-2012, 07:15 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah I'd be shocked if Cena moves. WWE have refunded tickets to house shows that he had to pull out of, I imagine they'd be in for a shitstorm if suddenly people wanted refunds for all of the Raw house show tickets that have been sold in the past few months. I know it's always "card subject to change" but WWE realize that most of the kids in the crowd are there for one guy and one guy only.

I do wish they would make the brand split important again, but it'll never happen.</font>

benji718
04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Honestly the draft shouldn't even happen. The brands mean nothing anymore. Just fuse both rosters into one and get it over with.

Just like it used to be.

Mr. C
04-09-2012, 04:18 PM
If he's not a top heel on Smackdown, he won't be a top heel on Raw.

:wtf:

He's the #4 heel on SmackDown, right behind Christian, Bryan, and Henry.

Mr Amazing
04-09-2012, 07:09 PM
randy orton to raw
big show to raw
rey mysterio to smackdown
wade barrett to raw
alberto del rio to smackdown
dolph ziggler to smackdown
zach ryder to smackdown
mark henry to raw
the great khali to raw
John cena to smackdown