PDA

View Full Version : [Slightly OT] Don't visit Rajah unless you like spyware

darkpower
12-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like I'm getting a ton of spyware/adware (those things that reside in your computere registry and track you while your online, bombarding you with annoying pop-ups every few SECONDS) whenever I visit Rajah's site.

If you don't believe me, consider this. I have Ad-Aware, and it removed everything that was spy/ad-ware on my comp (which I didn't even realize I had a whopping 250+ pieces of such on my thing). After getting rid of EVERYTHING (as in I even did the restart machine thing to get rid of those that the program reqiured such), all I did after coming online the next time was visit Rajah, and suddenly, I got the pop-ups again that were the direct result of at least 7 new adwares on my computer.

It wouldn't have been TOO much of a problem if they didn't hit you every five SECONDS with something. Just a few minutes ago, I got hit with FOUTRY-FIVE pop-ups, ALL AT ONE TIME, and it almost made my computer lock-up totally. And it was the exact same 7 that I usually find after visiting Rajah, even once after the scan.

I don't know why, but his site is doing this, and if you're wondering where that adware is coming from, this is the most likely reason (the program it installs is "Tracking" something (there's one other word in the name that I cannot remember what it was)). Maybe he just killed his site even FURTHER.

Kenny
12-19-2003, 02:16 PM
I've personally been getting Trojan viruses at a bunch of sites along with a lot of spyware that f*cks with my internet / computer settings. People need a life.

LoDownM
12-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Pop ups? What are these you speak of?

*gives popup stopper another popup-treat*

Sting Fan
12-19-2003, 05:08 PM
This is kind of the wrong place to ask this but does anyone know of a good free pop up stopper?

Bad Guy
12-20-2003, 04:46 AM
This is kind of the wrong place to ask this but does anyone know of a good free pop up stopper?
panicware.com you have to search for the free one but it's there.

Vega
12-20-2003, 04:53 AM
You could use that reason to not go to Rajah. Or, you could just not go because it sucks.

Bad Guy
12-20-2003, 05:06 AM
You could use that reason to not go to Rajah. Or, you could just not go because it sucks.