PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Kidd vs Micheal McGillicutty feud has been amazing.

Gertner
04-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Nobody watches NXT but their feud has been fantastic, as have their matches.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vi1fouu8xs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swiss Ultimate
04-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Pretty entertaining.

Swiss Ultimate
04-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Regal's announcing is pretty fucking great as well.

#1-norm-fan
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I just don't see why they can't bring that kind of consistent good booking up to the shows with guys people actually care about.

Gertner
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
McGillicutty's interviews have improved leaps and bounds. Love this "You aren't a real Hart" thingy he's been feuding with Kidd about. Very, very entertaining.

screech
04-13-2012, 08:53 PM
I like both of these guys a lot.

Looking forward to catching up on this.

#1-norm-fan
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah, Tyson Kidd is way more likeable as a face than I thought he would be. And McGillicutty is definitely getting better. Not that he had anywhere to go but up... but still.

Nicky Fives
04-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Natalya's involvement in the feud could also be very interesting.....

Lock Jaw
04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I watch NXT. And I look forward to it more than RAW or Smackdown most weeks.

NXT has been pretty golden ever since they started to ignore the competition part.

Juan
04-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, read a report earlier this week that it got "rave reviews" from people backstage. Gonna check it out

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I forgot to record it this week, but I was really keen to see this match, so I'll go ahead and watch it. Thanks, Gertner.

Michael McGillicutty was pretty awesome in NXT Season Two. His heel transformation at the end made sense, and him joining Nexus was cool, but the whole group sort of lost direction as did McGillicutty. The man is a really solid presence in the ring and not actually bad on the mic -- just hasn't perfected it yet. The only thing I don't get is why he is still using the McGillicutty name now that he's really focused on "being a Hennig." It really annoys me when the WWE has guys from families, but then gives them a fake surname. I have no problem with them using "ring names" (Mr. Perfect spent most of his time, if not all of it, without using the "Hennig" name, I believe), or even changing the first name for trademark purposes or whatever; but the whole "I'm using my mother's maiden name" thing isn't really purposeful when his whole current shtick seems to be "I'm representing an actual lineage and you're just full of shit."

Also, Tyson Kidd is incredible. In the ring he is always fun to watch, and sometimes works three matches in one evening -- all of them better than most of the stuff around it. I had no clue he turned face, but when I saw him work as one recently, I was like "Holy shit -- this dude is fucking dynamite!"

I wouldn't want to see the feud become complicated or diluted, but I can't help but think that with Tyson Kidd's sometimes referenced sometimes not partnership with Justin Gabriel, it would be sort of awesome to see Heath Slater team up with McGillicutty to face Kidd and Slater's former partner. But I'm a huge fan of Heath Slater as well.

In fact, with the WWE sometimes pairing up Kofi Kingston & R-Truth, it'd also make perfect sense for Michael McGillicutty & David Otunga to reform the team they never officially broke up and face their former respective NXT Pros. Have McGillicutty & Otunga vs. Kofi & Truth on RAW and McGillicutty & Slater vs. Kidd & Gabriel on SmackDown!. Even have Otunga and Slater start hanging out again and not reform Nexus so to speak, but as asshole heels that kiss the boss' ass, they could be a pretty great little unit. Fuck it, give them Mason Ryan as muscle since he's not really doing anything and would work way better as a heel than a babyface while he's not quite ready to be a centre focus as his own character.

David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty, Heath Slater & Mason Ryan vs. R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd wouldn't set the world on fire, but it'd be a pretty decent opener for a PPV somewhere.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-13-2012, 10:30 PM
great match... reminds me of Bret v Perfect and how they had like a million matches, always topping the previous.

Tommy Gunn
04-13-2012, 10:33 PM
What the hell is happening to NXT? Didn't they abandon the seasonal format halfway through Redemption and just do whatever they want with it now?

#1-norm-fan
04-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Pretty much. It's weird. The guys who are "competing" still are still around and sometimes the competition gets mentioned as a joke but I don't know if they even plan on ever finishing up the actual competition portion.

#1-norm-fan
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
It's another example of WWE being ridiculously unorganized. I don't even know how they even manage to function sometimes. lol

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2012, 11:12 PM
That was pretty awesome. That finish was pretty slick. Makes perfect sense for Kidd to get the win there and this not to be over due to McGillicutty being a heel. I was impressed by McGillicutty's work in the hype video, too.

These two need more time to tell a story together. This feud must continue.

Fignuts
04-13-2012, 11:34 PM
That sharpshooter/armbar submission is sick.

Also, just call him Joe Henning, ffs.

#1-norm-fan
04-13-2012, 11:42 PM
It is weird to have him acknowledging being a 3rd generation guy while he's still using that name.

Skippord
04-14-2012, 01:13 AM
whoa that Sharpshooter/Armbar

should probably start watching NXT at some point

Tom Guycott
04-14-2012, 01:36 AM
That sharpshooter/armbar submission is sick.

Also, just call him Joe Henning, ffs.

Agreed about TK's finisher. Needs a name, and to happen a lot. Pity the announcers didn't call Joe lackidasically going for the Perfect Plex, but that's only a minor blemish on how awesome Regal is in the booth, so it gets a pass.

I agree with Regal about "rivalry". I felt the same way watching Kofi/Ziggler matches. When guys click like that in matches, they need some on again/off again program and for people like the announce team to put over their "history".

Also, Henning*.
But yeah, I don't understand the whole concept of "half-kayfabe" in the last few years. We know Mr. Perfect is his dad, and they acknowledge as much, BUT he still gets a shitty name change. He might not be "perfect", but he can still be a damn Henning*. Yet, the DiBiasies keep their names. Inconsistent.

*Don't forget the asterisk, lest you want 8 more posts about how you spelt it wrong!

Fignuts
04-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Am I the only one who thought Regal was shit during this match? Completely monotone, and stumbling over his lines.

Blitz
04-14-2012, 02:57 AM
That was awesome. Whole match.

Rammsteinmad
04-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Great match. Honestly starting to think of Kidd as possibly one of the best in-ring guys right now. Possibly better than Punk/Bryan etc. The guy is just incredible in the ring and is always busting out new stuff, without being ridiculously over-the-top high flying etc.

Michael McGuillicutty has really improved a lot over time as well. Didn't think too much of him back in the NXT/Nexus days.

Chavo Classic
04-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Regal's announcing is pretty fucking great as well.

The British accent helps, because for the majority of that he talked nonsense.

Asmo
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I wonder if the WWE will ever give Kidd a legit upper mid card spot, like Benoit. Dude doesn't need to talk much. Or like Bryan.

whiteyford
04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Tyson Kidds been pretty amazing every week hes been featured on NXT,cant believe he has gotten a push out of it.

Gertner
04-14-2012, 10:07 AM
I watch this show every week because of the day and time it's on. If you love Regal, you have to watch him bury Hawkins and Reks on commentary every week. Especially Reks. It's pretty funny. Reks fought Percy Watson last week and I was cracking up the entire time.

Gertner
04-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Tyson Kidds been pretty amazing every week hes been featured on NXT,cant believe he has gotten a push out of it.

He's pretty bad on the mic unfortunately. McGillicutty has carried this feud in terms of hyping the matches, which is something I wouldn't have said 6 months ago.

whiteyford
04-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I dont mind his mic work, if they keep his stuff to a Bret/Benoit style promo he comes off well,i just dont think he gets enough time to work on it. McGillicutty is the goods though.

screech
04-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Loved the match.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
The new guys sound so hollow on the mic though. There used to be so much more soul in promos. Hennig was okay on the mic from what I saw, but he just sounds like an angry kid trying to be a wrestler, not a scary self assured badass like those of the old days. There is nothing about what he does that differentiates him from the pack. Though his new found aggression and intensity in the ring is pretty incredible. There is purpose to his movements. It as a very well worked match, and they both came across as legit veterans.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Nothing he does on the mic* which differentiates him from the pack. He needs his own style. His wrestling style is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good and much improved and I look forward to more from him.

Rammsteinmad
04-14-2012, 01:32 PM
FTR I've totally stolen Tyson Kidd's submission move. Tried it at training today, very easy to pull off, looks fantastic and seriously doesn't hurt anyone. Pretty awesome looking move. Thanks TK. :y:

Vastardikai
04-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Nothing he does on the mic* which differentiates him from the pack. He needs his own style. His wrestling style is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good and much improved and I look forward to more from him.

You really can't fault the guy on that. All you can really do at this point is talk with a funny accent or an annoying lisp to "differentiate themselves." They're all getting fed their lines, with very few exceptions (see Punk, CM; H, Triple; Rock, The; Taker, Under). It's one thing if they were given bullet points and told to proceed from there. That way it would at least feel natural.

Only other thing I can suggest, which is even least likely in this environment is to bring back serious managers who CAN talk.

XCaliber
04-14-2012, 02:35 PM
It's a been good but tbh I believe they have better matches in them yet to come and while Double M has improved on the mic he's a still a little too over the top at times for my liking.

Emperor Smeat
04-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Liked their match and feud on NXT although Kidd did have another decent and possibly overlooked feud when he faced Yoshi Tatsu as well last year.

Really liked that counter Kidd did when McGillicutty used the Sharpshooter on him.

Tom Guycott
04-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Am I the only one who thought Regal was shit during this match? Completely monotone, and stumbling over his lines.

Looks like. ^_^

I like the fact he doesn't "have" to fucking yell. It's not so much "monotone" as it's subdued, but still sounds like he's into the matches he calls... like he gives a fuck about what's going on in the ring and not making stupid jokes to one another half the match time (like the "main" announce teams) or promoting the main event of the evening or talking about other shit that happened at the top of the show during the entire telecast (TNA)

FTR I've totally stolen Tyson Kidd's submission move. Tried it at training today, very easy to pull off, looks fantastic and seriously doesn't hurt anyone. Pretty awesome looking move. Thanks TK. :y:

Whaddaya gonna call your version? How about the "Ramm-jammer"? "The Iop-inator"? Ooh, ooh,... how about the "Guycott Lock"!?

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Liked their match and feud on NXT although Kidd did have another decent and possibly overlooked feud when he faced Yoshi Tatsu as well last year.

I wouldn't say it was overlooked. I mean, as much as a feud on NXT can not be overlooked. I think one of their matches were voted as one of the best matches of the year by WWE.com.

Rammsteinmad
04-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Whaddaya gonna call your version? How about the "Ramm-jammer"? "The Iop-inator"? Ooh, ooh,... how about the "Guycott Lock"!?

'The Guycott Lock' :lol:

Might actually use this and bluff my way into telling people Tom Guycott is a legendary British wrestler from the 60's or something that used to use it.

My style is somewhat similar to old-school Brits like Robbie Brookside and Johnny Saint, so it wouldn't be too out-of-character for me, and I seriously doubt people will look into it.

:y:

Cuse8
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
ziggles said in an interview recently theres 1 guy in the business he thinks could do a 60 minute match with him and thats tyson kidd.. havent seen a kidd match in awhile due to not seeing nxt but that was a great match by both men, would be a refreshing change of pace to see each more often on raw and sd.

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm sure Punk or Bryan could do a 60 minute iron man match with him too. Both men regularly wrestled matches around the hour mark in a faster pace than WWE would ask.

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2012, 12:14 AM
William Regal is fantastic on commentary. I love his subdued and passionate style. He also hits points about the psychology of the wrestlers -- you know, actual color commentary.

Next week, McGillicutty needs to cause Kidd some havoc and then Regal needs to put McGillicutty into yet another match where he has to earn a match with Kidd. Seriously give them a 2/3 Falls spot on that show one day.

Tom Guycott
04-16-2012, 06:07 PM
'The Guycott Lock' :lol:

Might actually use this and bluff my way into telling people Tom Guycott is a legendary British wrestler from the 60's or something that used to use it.

My style is somewhat similar to old-school Brits like Robbie Brookside and Johnny Saint, so it wouldn't be too out-of-character for me, and I seriously doubt people will look into it.

:y:

:y: :y: This. Only make it a French-Canadian wrestler, in honor of Sixx somehow convincing himself that a black guy from Ohio (who was living in Kansas at the time) was somehow from the Great White North!!!

Repping TPWW twice for the price of one!!!

Vastardikai
04-16-2012, 06:23 PM
William Regal is fantastic on commentary. I love his subdued and passionate style. He also hits points about the psychology of the wrestlers -- you know, actual color commentary.

Next week, McGillicutty needs to cause Kidd some havoc and then Regal needs to put McGillicutty into yet another match where he has to earn a match with Kidd. Seriously give them a 2/3 Falls spot on that show one day.

I thought his talk about "The evil look in" McGuilliHennig's eye was really poignant.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
That and the point about finding your perfect opponent. About how when you're on the road with a guy, you work out that you can beat the crap out of each other and put on a show that sells tickets and makes you relevant to the business -- you end up growing a friendship with the person because of it.

That wasn't verbatim what he said, but that's sort of the vibe I got from it. I thought of Regal and The British Blue Bloods, and all that history. But essentially what he was saying is "They might hate each other now, but these kids don't know how lucky they are to find such a good opponent for each other." It'd make a McGillicutty & Kidd tag team pairing make sense a couple of years down the line. :shifty:

Fignuts
04-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Honestly though, this is just a throwaway match between two vanilla midgets, doing flippity flops, and beating eachother off on their WORKRATE.

Mr. Nerfect
04-20-2012, 07:20 PM
The feud seems like it's a lot more than that. It's about Michael McGillicutty always hating Tyson Kidd -- who was that kid who "hung around." It's about McGillicutty proving that all the nurturing in the world can't substitute a greater nature. It's about Kidd fighting for what he believes in -- the training of The Hart Family Dungeon, and for their pride. It's about Kidd proving that it's not just how good you are, it's how hard you work.

Kidd needs to beat McGillicutty to prove to himself that he deserves the honour of being labelled as a student of The Hart Family, while McGillicutty needs to beat Kidd so he doesn't eat his words...hard.

It seems to me like McGillicutty would be absolutely livid after the loss to Kidd, and would be thinking of heelish ways to get pay-back against him. Perhaps he'll aim for Natalya, or perhaps he'll just intensify his in-ring campaign against Kidd, but it's something I look forward more to than whatever Lord Tensai does next.

PHBro
04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
I dont get how Albert turned Japanese. I know they have lots of science in a Japan but i dont think they have an invention to turn an American into a Japanese. Or do they? they are smart.

Fignuts
04-21-2012, 02:30 AM
He didn't turn Japanese. He embraced the culture.

Like anime nerds.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Lord Tensai is not Japanese. Sakamoto, however, is. The WWE could use more Sakamoto.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I'd love to see a Sakamoto vs. Ricardo Rodriguez match.