PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Moore! :D *SD Spoilers 18-12-03*

Kane Knight
12-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Well, I knew going into his match with Brock he'd job horribly, and yet, he still made the match incredibly entertaining. Seriously, this guy is totally awesome. I loved his total offense portion of the match

Lamuella
12-19-2003, 01:00 PM
one of these days they'll figure out that they can sell Shannon as a major threat BECAUSE he's small and fast, not despite of it. Seriously, they need to get a heelish big man who isn't doing much right now (A-Train, or if he hadn't retuired, someone like Bill DeMott) and have Shannon solidly win by being too fast for those guys to get a hand on.

I like the 'plucky underdog' stuff, and I'm glad he's getting some good offense in. He needs to rack up some wins though. If Tajiri beats Rey-rey, Shannon would make a phenomenal cruiserweight number one contender.

Kenny
12-19-2003, 01:08 PM
one of these days they'll figure out that they can sell Shannon as a major threat BECAUSE he's small and fast, not despite of it. Seriously, they need to get a heelish big man who isn't doing much right now (A-Train, or if he hadn't retuired, someone like Bill DeMott) and have Shannon solidly win by being too fast for those guys to get a hand on.

I like the 'plucky underdog' stuff, and I'm glad he's getting some good offense in. He needs to rack up some wins though. If Tajiri beats Rey-rey, Shannon would make a phenomenal cruiserweight number one contender.

I'm still waiting for the days when things like you just mentioned happen. If ECW can get Spike Dudely over by sending him out and pinning guys 3 times his size with the same 2 moves over, and over, and over again. Then the WWE can get Shannon over by pinning some big guys using his speed and agility.

All Spike ever did was kick to the mid section, hit the acid drop, 1-2-3. The crowd loved it and believe it or not I thought it was pretty funny too. I'd have to believe that since the WWE is throwing Shannon around like they have been the past 4 or 5 weeks he's up for some kind of push.

Kane Knight
12-19-2003, 02:00 PM
I'm still waiting for the days when things like you just mentioned happen. If ECW can get Spike Dudely over by sending him out and pinning guys 3 times his size with the same 2 moves over, and over, and over again. Then the WWE can get Shannon over by pinning some big guys using his speed and agility.

All Spike ever did was kick to the mid section, hit the acid drop, 1-2-3. The crowd loved it and believe it or not I thought it was pretty funny too. I'd have to believe that since the WWE is throwing Shannon around like they have been the past 4 or 5 weeks he's up for some kind of push.

Likewise. I'm hoping this isn't another little nugget that goes nowhere. Moore's doing awesome for himself, even if he's only squeaked out one win.

Imagine him being played up as so quick that when he gets tossed around, he managed to land on his feet. Hosses may only have to land a few blows to take out a little guy, but it's very hard to land such a blow on someone really fast.

Mr. JL
12-19-2003, 02:21 PM
That would be awesome if they build Shannon Moore as being a guy who is just too fast for the big men to catch. Thus, he can actually match speed vs strength and actually come away with some wins. His run with Matt Hardy has done this kid wonders. He has really become a superstar. He kind of reminds me of a younger Jeff Hardy, but with more skill, ring presence and he doesn't miss moves. I really see no reason why Shannon could not make it BIG, even being the little guy that he is.

Good observations and good post Kane Knight.

The CyNick
12-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Personally I'm not a fan of small guys working with big guys. I actually really hate it, because all it does is make CW's look like chumps, and look like the CW division is way beneath the HW division.

In my perfect wrestling world, little guys and big guys only mix in tag matches, but never in singles.

However, since they dont separate the divisions, this push for moore is pretty cool. The only problem is that it will only go so far in that we all know McMahon will NEVER push a guy Moore's size because he doesn't think small guys can draw. So for now its making for a good TV angle, but honestly I dont see where it can go.

PoisonIvy
12-19-2003, 06:19 PM
I love Shannon. He rules much ass. Nuff said.

moshingfreak
12-19-2003, 07:48 PM
This has gotta be Shannon's time right now. He's had some of the worst gimmicks (3 Count) and now hes getting to face the big guys. Theres so much attention around him.
Shane Helms beat The Rock, why cant Shannon beat someone like Big Show or something?

Kane Knight
12-19-2003, 08:00 PM
This has gotta be Shannon's time right now. He's had some of the worst gimmicks (3 Count) and now hes getting to face the big guys. Theres so much attention around him.
Shane Helms beat The Rock, why cant Shannon beat someone like Big Show or something?

Because of Vince's big man fetish and hatred of cruiserweights, unfortunately.

Kane Knight
12-19-2003, 08:01 PM
I love Shannon. He rules much ass. Nuff said.

You just like Shannon because you're into hot chicks. ;)

PoisonIvy
12-19-2003, 08:04 PM
You just like Shannon because you're into hot chicks. ;)
You're just a closed mind guy whose afraid of ppl who swing both ways.

:shifty:

Kane Knight
12-19-2003, 08:06 PM
You're just a closed mind guy whose afraid of ppl who swing both ways.

:shifty:

Busted. :(

MVP
12-19-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm liking Shannon moore and moore each week. His win over A-Train last week gave him a huge pop, and his match with Lesnar was more than anyone expected of him to be capable of. Moore's in line for a push within the next year or so. Finally not some huge bald guy.

moshingfreak
12-20-2003, 12:16 AM
I'm liking Shannon moore and moore each week. His win over A-Train last week gave him a huge pop, and his match with Lesnar was more than anyone expected of him to be capable of. Moore's in line for a push within the next year or so. Finally not some huge bald guy.

This isnt a push???

MVP
12-20-2003, 12:31 AM
This isnt a push???I should say a more serious push.

moshingfreak
12-20-2003, 12:39 AM
I should say a more serious push.

Lol, he gets a lot of airtime now. He probably won't when he gets a more serious push.

KayfabeMan
12-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Moore has been an amazing athlete (and a fairly good technical wrestler)
for many years now. I've followed him since the beginning of his career. I
liked when he was part of one of the great underrated / never mentioned
wrestling groups,"The Badstreet Boys".

The Badstreet Boys did time with MCW (in TN),and other promotions,and
consisted of 4 amazing workers in the form of: Christian York; "Hurricane"
"Sugar" Shane/Gregory Helms ; "The Future" Joey Matthews and Shannon.

That's why Shane Helms and Shannon Moore have such a great chemistry,
and worked great as part of 3 Count. ****ing crappy Karagias brought em'
down IMO.

Corkscrewed
12-20-2003, 01:58 AM
Likewise, I'm eating up Moore's current push. Yup, I want more of Moore. He's got the fans solidly behind him and if a "normal" push isn't allowed, at least push him in the CW division. Sooner or later, he'll make a very believable champion.

Imagi-Nation
12-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Shannon Moore rocks

He's my fav wrestler at the moment since Jeff's not there...but thats cool cause he's Jeff's best friend in real life anyway hehe

cant wait to see how Shannon's future unfolds

Imagi-Nation
12-21-2003, 08:31 AM
I forgot also

does he have a finishing move in WWE yet?
anyone know?

Oxstar
12-21-2003, 01:27 PM
shannon moore is cool! he only looks like a girl from distance! i wish matt hardy didnt go to raw! they cudda been a tag team and win the belts!