PDA

View Full Version : If Spider-Man were to end....

dronepool
04-18-2012, 03:15 AM
How would you do it? Sad, Happy, Bittersweet? Loose Cannon?

I stole this idea from CBR btw.. anyway my idea is-

Kingpin finds out about Peter's second life.
Comes to Norman with a deal to get rid of that pest once and for all...
Norman Osborn and Kingpin form an alliance.
They get top scientists to uncover residue of Anti-Venom from Spider-Island and produce a sample large enough to cure Peter.

They kidnap Mary Jane and Aunt May in some undisclosed location on a stolen SHIELD helicarrier.
Peter can't in touch with May or MJ. For hours.
The Avengers can't track them.
The FF are fighting Kang or something big.

Peter goes Batman on people on the streets, punch, hanging them from webs 6 stories above ground.... WHERE IS HE?
While Peter is frantically searching, Bullseye- using a special Skrull/Osborn/Stark tech sniper rifle shoots Peter with cure.... his Spider-Sense was jammed at the same time thanks to Norman.

He loses his spider powers... and we have a projection on the screen, it's Norman, Kingpin and Bullseye with a crazy smile, waving to Peter while licking MJ's check and caressing Aunt May with a pen, drawing smiles with bullseyes on there foreheads... Norman - "oh and, Peter- we injected them with time released poison... you have 61 minutes.. just because I'm felling fulfilled today"

Peter is freaking out! He remembers that Flash has Venom.... his only hope is VENOM. He goes to Flash and TELLS HIM EVERYTHING... even shows his Avengers ID Card... he wants to borrow the suit... Flash is like "after it's bad history with you..." and Peter screams "I MUST DO THIS!... this time it's personal... and it's my responsibility..." Peter promises Flash a suit built by Tony Stark that would emulate some super abilities for his black ops... a symbiote nanobot hybrid and new legs (like Bucky's arm) so he agrees.

Peter puts on the Venom symbiote... he hears voices "SOON WE ARE ONE LIKE FATE FORETOLD" Peter ignores them and rushes to search for the location.... takes him 20 minutes but he finds it via story elements and tech... he uses his spider-Venom powers to swing up the place and kick ass, almost killing all 3 of them while MJ and May watch.... he saves them, cures them... but gets stuck with Venom and the negatives it brings to it's host... as he tries to control it and learn to adjust as the black symbiote Spider-Man until cancer kills him.

Fignuts
04-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Happy.

There is enough tragedy in comics these days, and if any hero deserves a happy ending, it's spider-man.

XCaliber
04-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Guess it would all depend on which version that's being referred to cuz regarless the legacy should continue in some way shape or form.

Kane Knight
04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Have you ever considered a career as posting promos in the wrestling forum?

Kane Knight
04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Spider-Man literally can't end happily. That is, unless they have completely revised the character.

Or he wakes up and it's all a dream. Which would make "One More Day" make a lot more sense.

PrettyCool
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Spiderman has sex with Mary Jane but when she gets pragnent she gives birth to a ton of spiders. Spiderman freaks out because he wanted a baby but Mary Jane had all these spiders crawl out of her.

he then realizes the curse of being spiderman - he cant father children, he can only make spiders.

Spiderman goes on a mission to find someone who can stop him from being spiderman and finds Professor X from X Men who has created a cure for spiderman, he takes the cure and becomes a man again.

The Destroyer
04-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Spider-Man literally can't end happily. That is, unless they have completely revised the character.

Or he wakes up and it's all a dream. Which would make "One More Day" make a lot more sense.
To find Gwen Stacey in the shower?

Kane Knight
04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
To find Gwen Stacey in the shower?

Or possibly Monty Burns.

Rammsteinmad
04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Spiderman has sex with Mary Jane but when she gets pragnent she gives birth to a ton of spiders. Spiderman freaks out because he wanted a baby but Mary Jane had all these spiders crawl out of her.

he then realizes the curse of being spiderman - he cant father children, he can only make spiders.

Spiderman goes on a mission to find someone who can stop him from being spiderman and finds Professor X from X Men who has created a cure for spiderman, he takes the cure and becomes a man again.

Why would Professor X have a cure for Spider-Man?

PrettyCool
04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Why would Professor X have a cure for Spider-Man?

Cause hes a scientist

whiteyford
04-18-2012, 01:35 PM

I like One more day:-\

Rammsteinmad
04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Cause hes a scientist

Hmmm... ok.

Seems plausible, would have thought Reed Richards would have been more realistic, or at the least, Hank McCoy.

JimmyMess
04-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Jackin' it in San Diego would be a great ending

St. Jimmy
04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I like how it ended before fucking Black Spider-Man.

loopydate
04-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Hmmm... ok.

Seems plausible, would have thought Reed Richards would have been more realistic, or at the least, Hank McCoy.

Batman's a scientist!

Fignuts
04-19-2012, 12:35 AM

From a realistic standpoint, yes, I can see how it's far more likely that spider-man would end tragically, but this is marvel comics, where "real" comes and goes as it pleases. And I feel like the character has sacrificed and fought far more than his contemporaries. Where giving him anything less than that perfect happy ending would simply be unjust.

Kane Knight
04-21-2012, 08:51 AM
I like One more day:-\

You're in a minority.

I like how it ended before fucking Black Spider-Man.

Like they were going to end the Ultimate comic just because Peter is dead.

From a realistic standpoint, yes, I can see how it's far more likely that spider-man would end tragically, but this is marvel comics, where "real" comes and goes as it pleases. And I feel like the character has sacrificed and fought far more than his contemporaries. Where giving him anything less than that perfect happy ending would simply be unjust.

Fuck realism, from a storytelling perspective.

Besides, when has the Marvel Universe ever been just?