PDA

View Full Version : Xbox to be banned from US store shelves? SHOCKING REPORT!

PrettyCool
04-24-2012, 03:02 PM
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/tech-biz/04/24/12/xbox-infringes-motorola-patents-itc-judge

WASHINGTON - The US International Trade Commission (ITC) on Monday issued a preliminary ruling that Microsoft infringed on Motorola Mobility patents in its hit Xbox 360 videogame consoles.

Administrative law judge David Shaw backed four out of five Motorola claims that the company's intellectual property was usurped in Xbox software for tasks such as efficiently moving video files or connecting wirelessly to the Internet.

"Today's recommendation by the administrative law judge is the first step in the process leading to the Commission's final ruling," Microsoft said in an email response to an AFP inquiry.

"We remain confident the Commission will ultimately rule in Microsoft's favor in this case and that Motorola will be held to its promise to make its standard essential patents available on fair and reasonable terms."
A final ruling from the quasi-judicial federal agency is expected later this year.

An ITC ruling against Microsoft would force the Redmond, Washington-based company to work out a licensing deal with Motorola or risk having its top-selling videogame console banned from US stores.

This is Sony and Nintendo's dream!

Kalyx triaD
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
So what do you think of this?

PrettyCool
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
So what do you think of this?

I think its cool and I hope it passes because it will be funny to see Xbox banned

G
04-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Now I know how Journalism works. Throw out a head line that couldn't be further from reality.

G
04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Journalism with a capital J

Ermaximus
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Iop continuing to show he knows nothing about anything. Poor bastard.

PrettyCool
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
wtf did I show I know or dont know anything? I posted a report from a NEWS site and then said it would be funny if it happened.

Ermaximus
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I think its cool and I hope it passes because it will be funny to see Xbox banned

You really think this is going to happen?

PrettyCool
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
You really think this is going to happen?

I doubt it but it would be awesome if it did.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
No it wouldn't. PS3 should be banned for leaking credit card information out and for not having online services for months last year.

G
04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Online services that you don't pay for. One of the reasons why PS3 is better!

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Maybe if they had paid they'd be able to have had good enough security to not be hacked.

Purgatory
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Just shows how secure the PS3 is, though. The term "You get what you're paying for" comes into play here. They'd do the same damage just writing credit card numbers on a public bathroom wall.

Purgatory
04-24-2012, 04:08 PM
wtf did I show I know or dont know anything? I posted a report from a NEWS site and then said it would be funny if it happened.

It wasn't a very credible news site, though. Had this story been at all feasible, I'm fairly certain MSNBC, ABC or any of the bigger news outlets would have gotten ahold of it.

Any jobber can create a 'real news' site and not have a credible story on it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
It be more believable if it came from the Onion than abs-cbn whatever that is.