PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling terms in real life

irishmaster
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Do you or any people you know use wrestling terminology/catchphrases in real life??

Let me set the scene and bare with me, the wrestling part is coming.
I was at a party with some old friends when we had all seemed to filter in to the kitchen of the house. One of the guys was really in-to one of the girls - trying to buy her drinks all night and generally being a sleaze ball. She was not having any of it and was trying to let him down gently. But he wasnt having any of it either, eventually asking, like some despearte fool, why dont you like me??

Well she lost it and proceeded to go all out on him - telling him how fat he was, how little experience he had with women in general was a turn off and his family was among the worst in the town.

At this point the whole room was in silence looking directly at them when someone from the bck of the room shouted.....

PIPEBOMB.

It was fucking immense. I felt sorry for him but the delivery of the comment was fantastic.

Also for the past few months I have been using I have been sayin 'You kno it' and 'Really'

So was just wondering do you guys try and incorporate wrestling terms or items into everyday speech??

Hanso Amore
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
He was trying to buy a chick drinks in a kitchen?

This story seems made up to me.

Im calling Shenanigans.

Hitman84
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I used to do karate, before I got hurt and had to have an operation, and my former instructor used to ask me to pair up with the other black belt candidates on their gradings to 'put them over' to the panel. Basically, as part of the exam, I used to have to spar with the candidate and because I was a higher grade than them I had to job to them in front of the examiners, making it look as convincing as possible. Nearly always worked. This is how I used to describe it to my friends and the non-wrestling fans were always very confused.

There are no instances I can think of where I have used a wrestling slogan or catchprase in real life, but I am a supply teacher (I think Americans call this a sub) at the moment and there was one other occasion where I walked into a classroom and said in front of a new class that I had spoken to their regular teacher who had said what a lovely class they were to teach. A few of the girls genuinely cheered, to which one of the boys looked at me and said: 'That was such a cheap pop, Sir'. Made me laugh out loud!

Big Vic
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
He was trying to buy a chick drinks in a kitchen?

This story seems made up to me.

Im calling Shenanigans.
House party, bro

CSL
04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
pretty much every "inside wrestling term" ever

CSL
04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
and I've never been to a house party where I have to buy drinks there

James Diesel
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty quick on the draw when it comes to using wrestling terms. Gets me in trouble sometimes as well.

One of the first times I was talking to my girlfriend, she was going on about something she liked and in there was a "....also, if you want to know what I think, I think..." which gave me about a half second to raise my voice and go "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!"

Course, I had to talk my way out of trouble.

Pipebomb, YES!!!, WWWYKI, Hashtag Heel, Later marks, so damn sick of being so damn sick, What?, 2!!!!, and just about every other common line that's been used since '98

legendkillerRKO
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I was at a Chinese auction last night and when they called my number for the 50-50 I did the YES!!

Rammsteinmad
04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm also curious as to what kind of house party this is.

Razzamajazz
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
pipe bomb is a wrestling term?

The MAC
04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm also curious as to what kind of house party this is.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0120/3869/wwf_in_your_house_logo_crop_340x234.jpg

Sepholio
04-27-2012, 02:28 PM
I've used terms in a wrestling context before I guess, like calling someone a mark, or saying someone jobbed out, etc.

I also happen to use one of the Miz's lines a lot. Really? REALLY?..........really? Just seems so appropriate when someone says something totally off the wall.

Gertner
04-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I remmeber yesterday at a meeting I told one of my collegues that he really Pump Handle Suplexed that presentation.

Rollermacka
04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
When I lost my job, my boss told me YOUR FIRED :'(

Shadrick
04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I use "mark" "pop" and "over" a lot. Like, I'll walk into my job and since I lost weight some of my female coworkers would say "oh u look so handsome today" and i lean over to one of my male co-workers and say "Man, I'm so over."

I do, quite often, tell people I'm the best in the world. Seriously.

MoFo
04-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Heel turn if someone did something bad, aka Ashley Cole turned heel on Arsenal

Also tell ppl to drink a nice tall glass of shutup juice, like The Rock said to Michael Cole

Kane Knight
04-27-2012, 05:33 PM
pipe bomb is a wrestling term?

Who knew.

I also happen to use one of the Miz's lines a lot. Really? REALLY?..........really? Just seems so appropriate when someone says something totally off the wall.

Yeah, early 90s slang is such a Miz thing.

...Wait, it actually is.

irishmaster
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Yea re-reading it now it sounds confusing but no we had been out that night and wore back at one of the guys houses.

Sepholio
04-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Never realized the word really was slang.

Oh well, the more you know.

Hanso Amore
04-28-2012, 12:15 PM
and I've never been to a house party where I have to buy drinks there

Exactly my point. Apparently Big Vic hangs out at Drew Careys Garage bar.

Hanso Amore
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM
I use the term No Sold a bunch.

Figure I will take part in the conversation seeing as I punched holes in this lie of a story.

Double D
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Let's say my name is Zach, cause it is. I once told a girl I was gonna lay the Zach down on her candy ass, before I proceeded to remove her undergarments. Does that count? I use fella, brother, and junior all the time, too, and pretty much any other lingo I can throw into a conversation. I'm a nerd. Also a fan of "Oh, it's true, it's damn true."

Kane Knight
04-29-2012, 02:17 AM
When someone does good, I tell them they out-popped DX.

Tazz Dan
04-29-2012, 04:17 AM
So it never happens?

Kane Knight
04-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Well, nobody lives up to my impossible standards.