PDA

View Full Version : I did it for the Rock????

Krimzon7
05-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Quick trivia quesiton: We all know Rikishi ran over the Steve Austin at SS '99.

I thought it was rumored to have been somebody else but they fucked up the shot or whatever. The Million Dollar (in rep of course) question is: Was somebody else originally booked to do this? What's the back story?

Also let's use this thread to discuss other instances where major angles deviated in an instant (Like Hornswaggle being Vinny Mac's son)

REP WILL BE GIVEN IN HERCULEAN AMOUNTS

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2012, 08:51 AM
I thought it was supposed to be Rikishi, but the HHH paying him to do it part was added later because Rikishi still wasn't really getting over with it.

Krimzon7
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
I thought it was supposed to be Rikishi, but the HHH paying him to do it part was added later because Rikishi still wasn't really getting over with it.

This could be the truth, but I came to my know all resource TPWW Forums. There was a bit of a heated debate here at the job and I wanna be right when I chime in.

Big Vic
05-15-2012, 08:54 AM
I think it was going to be Bill Gunn at one point.

PS, FUN FACT: Rikishi never actually said "I did it for the people" contrary to popular belief.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CDVGJUgXI88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rammsteinmad
05-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I think it was going to be Bill Gunn at one point.

PS, FUN FACT: Rikishi never actually said "I did it for the Rock" contrary to popular belief.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CDVGJUgXI88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice attempt at trying to sound like a smartass, but that is a hilarious 'fail'.

(Hate myself for using that word).

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Nice attempt at trying to sound like a smartass, but that is a hilarious 'fail'.

What are you talking about? I don't get anyone in that video trying to sound like a smartass.

Ruien
05-15-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't think they had any legit idea who they would pick when the "accident" first happened.

For some reason I remember wanting to believe it was not Billy Gunn; although, that was a long time ago so that may be wrong too. Wasn't the only detail about the driver though that he had blond hair?

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't think they had any legit idea who they would pick when the "accident" first happened.

Well yeah. I think that was pretty smart, since they knew Austin wouldn't be back for a while, so it was best not to decide until he was back.

Tom Guycott
05-15-2012, 12:26 PM
If I remember correctly, the big plot hole in "it was Rikishi all along" was the fact that he wasn't even around when Austin got hit. They were counting on the stereotypically short memory of collective wrestling fans to make that work. Have no idea who was supposed to really be the driver, or if they even had a playoff planned yet... much like the reveals (or lack thereof) of GTV, the Nexus' "Bigger Picture", and Lock Jaw being the RAW GM via PC with female voice.

Speaking of GTV, wasn't the "problem" with that the fact that it was OBVIOUSLY Goldust, but then they wanted to swerve everyone so they made it not him with nobody in mind to make it make sense?

Also speaking of GTV, I always laughed uncontrolably at the one with Val Venis and Big Show in the mens room. "Heh, heh... they call you *BIG SHOW*???"

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2012, 12:33 PM
If I remember correctly, the big plot hole in "it was Rikishi all along" was the fact that he wasn't even around when Austin got hit.

He was on Jakked/Metal quite a bit and as Foley said, he wasn't booked for that event but he's related to The Rock. So as an employee of WWF, he was backstage and hanging out with his friends Too Cool and also went to see The Rock.

Not sure where the hole is.

itsmeJD
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Totally unrelated, but Hasney I'm listening to "Get Low" on my iPad and your avatar dances to it beautifully. So yeah, anyways...

Big Vic
05-15-2012, 01:26 PM

I can't see youtube where I am at doesn't he say "I did it for you, rock"?

Rammsteinmad
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Nope. :p

Rammsteinmad
05-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Although, if you wanna be technical, it was more like "I did it for........... ..... ..... ............The Rock"

Big Vic
05-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Well I am going to believe you all are lying until I get home today.

Razzamajazz
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
i did it for..........................................
the rock

Mr. Nerfect
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
He did say it, Vic, haha.

I was always fascinated as to why the Rikishi heel push didn't really work. He and Austin barely even feuded after Austin returned. I don't know, it just seemed like they didn't even really try with Rikishi beyond giving him new music.

Rikishi should have done it for himself, though.

I remember the old-school rumours about it either meant to be Billy Gunn or even Test, I think.

Big Vic
05-15-2012, 07:32 PM
oh I was thinking about "people" not "rock"

Mr. Pierre
05-15-2012, 08:20 PM
I remember being so pissed that they didn't reveal it at Unforgiven 2000, as the "investigation" was a big selling point to the PPV. Then they gave it away on RAW a few weeks later (or was it the next night)?

Keith
05-17-2012, 02:01 AM
<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CDVGJUgXI88" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Seeing Rikishi act all tough and stuff while wearing a thong and half his ass hanging out just didn't make him look like a credible heel lol

Damndirty
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
They should have ended it with Austin running himself over so he could fuck the Rock over and he would have NEVER seen it coming. We had to see Mae Young's dangling deflated tits at Rumble 2000, so why not?